Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255264 times)

Offline robwebster

Re: The Depressed Thread.
« Reply #490 on: July 03, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »
I heard she kissed a girl, I wonder if he'll mind it.
I sure hope not.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #491 on: July 03, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »
Katy Perry is getting married, and my dreams are shattered  :(

I understand, I was crushed when Stacy Dupree got engaged.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »

Ahhh.... not nearly as hot though, in my oppinion  :-\

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #493 on: July 03, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »

DON'T TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY I LOVE HER

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #494 on: July 03, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »

DON'T TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY I LOVE HER

Errrr... nothing against  Stacy but.....

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #495 on: July 03, 2010, 02:29:20 PM »
Stacy's adorable (but don't worry Sigz, you can have her). Never cared for Katy.

Anyways, I've gotten a lot better since my last (serious) post in this thread. I'm still going no where in life, but I'm (somewhat) less depressed, paranoid and apathetic these days. Sometimes I randomly hit a low point even though nothing is really wrong (besides the usual things, which don't really bother me), but I remain hopefully optimistic that I'll stop feeling so detached from everything once I get my life in order.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #496 on: July 03, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
 :facepalm: This is not the thread to derail into a 'post hot womangs' thread. All I was saying is that she's someone I find exceedingly attractive, and was empathizing with your similar situation.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #497 on: July 05, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »
Why do we do things that we know will make us horrible? All day I've had this horrible feeling... and of course I make it worse by looking at old pictures of someone I miss a lot.  :-\

I've been doing much better than I was a year ago, but still I'll get one day now and then where I'll just feel like complete shit, and it looks like today is turning out to be one of those days...

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #498 on: July 10, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
Fuck, I feel so empty right now. I mean, I feel incredibly empty. Incredibly alone. I see everywhere and everywhere I go there seems to be a person that has at least another one that he/she can count on. Aside of my family, I feel alone this time. When someone posts a sad status on Facebook, as an example. At least one person comes out and tries to cheer up, but I'm sure that if I posted "I'm depressed"-like stuff (A thing that I'll most likely never do) no fucking one would be there to cheer me up. My college friends have sent text messages to each other saying how much they miss each other in vacations, but that's not my case. And that's another thing. I'll start second semester on a few days and I feel I won't make it. People say it's hard as hell and I don't feel I have the capabilities to do it, and even more if I'm alone on this shit.

Anyway, sad story bro.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
Cheer up bucko.

See? I proved your theory wrong, no go feel sad about that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #500 on: July 25, 2010, 10:35:25 PM »
I am kinda depressed right now. Maybe just realllllllly sad, or some other emotion, but how about I post in here anyway?

Anyway, fuck people. It seems like so many people are lofty and full of themselves. I guess I find it as a weird dichotomy because I seclude myself from people because I get busy with work and homework, but then most everyone seems to be so wrapped up in themselves that it doesn't matter.

(I know "fuck people" isn't a Christian idea, and I apologize, but I gotta vent somewhere, and you guys are friends)

I hate how people twist things to meet their needs and they don't give two shits about anyone else. People are selfish assholes. I think I am overtired in writing this, and I may read this tomorrow and feel awkward, but this is all just coming to the surface. I have a boss who is lazy, and another one who is so fucking full of herself she doesn't even need to eat. Ever. People can't just accept things, they must always question something. Even the little kid that shares this house space with me is getting on my nerves lately.

I am usually calm, but I haven't been lately. I take walks outside and vent out A LOT of frustration playing music. But it's people.

I think I may also have some feelings of jealousy toward people. As far as family goes....well, everyone is gone. Mom is dead, Dad is a drug-addict loser, brother is in rehab, sister is a pothead party girl who doesn't care. No one calls, nothing. Friends have drifted and it's not like I matter. I would like some sort of a close friend. I don't know why I don't have a close friend nowadays.

Seriously, what happened to life? It's like it's not worth going on for. Fuck life.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #501 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
I really want to help and cheer some of you guys up, but I don't know if this thread is supposed to be a place of depression sharing or maybe a place to get input to find the way out of it. For those who currently think life is empty of pointless, just remember that you have the power to change it. Its YOUR life.
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #502 on: July 25, 2010, 10:58:22 PM »
James,

Believe it or not, that's one of the good parts of life.

When you have to corner yourself and ask what you're going to do next or how you get out of it, that's when you really start to make a real person out of yourself. There are so many people who are just complete flakes because they never take the time to stare themselves in the eyes and make something happen.

You decide what sort of person you are, and that's all you ever really have.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #503 on: July 25, 2010, 11:37:33 PM »
 For those who currently think life is empty of pointless, just remember that you have the power to change it. Its YOUR life.

Very true.  

Often times, just getting up and walking outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine can help.

Or go for a long ride, just for the hell of it, with the windows down, and crank up your favorite CD.

Or go to the gym and work out your frustrations.

Or do anything that makes you happy.

Let's face it, no matter how happy any of us are or aren't, we all have things that make us happy.

Like he said, it is your life, and you can do anything with it.  Yes, people really can suck a lot of the time, so it isn't always easy...I get that.  I am not someone who is all happy 100% of the time, saying, "Get the hell over it and be happy."  Quite the contrary.  I have my share of down moments, too, but I try to remind myself that things aren't all bad.  Not even close.  Most things are good.  It is just so easy to focus on the bad, but I will quote something my brother's g/f said recently:

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Those are wise words.  :) :) :)

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #504 on: July 25, 2010, 11:50:10 PM »
Seriously, what happened to life? It's like it's not worth going on for. Fuck life.
I feel this way a decent bit.  I just try to find the things that are worth going on for.  It might be my son, my wife, perhaps God.  Sometimes even smaller things, like looking forward to some music or posting here on DTF.  Because of my history with depression, sometimes still seemingly small things make me feel like it's all pointless and worthless, that I'll never amount to anything.  Sometimes you just gotta hold on to whatever you can hold on to.  That may not be in the Bible, but perhaps it should be.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #505 on: July 25, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
 For those who currently think life is empty of pointless, just remember that you have the power to change it. Its YOUR life.

Very true.  

Often times, just getting up and walking outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine can help.

Or go for a long ride, just for the hell of it, with the windows down, and crank up your favorite CD.

Or go to the gym and work out your frustrations.

Or do anything that makes you happy.

Let's face it, no matter how happy any of us are or aren't, we all have things that make us happy.

Those are wise words.  :) :) :)
Exactly. Often times people think to "change their lives" involves moving to another place, changing job, changing diet or buying new stuff. Now imagine how much EXTRA-ENERGY you would put to change all those things...and imagine what could happen if you put all that EXTRA-ENERGY into maybe getting better at the job, rebonding with the family, and most of all, meeting new people.

We all have our times of "I hate the human race" but its a very wrong thought for many reasons. First of all, we are all humans (hopefully), and second, there are plenty of great people EVERYWHERE (the lines between states and countries are all IMAGINARY, there's all kinds of people everywhere), you just have to look for them. Look hard sometimes, but they will be there.

I'm positive you can change your life to something really great Jamesman (and anyone else). Heads up, full self-esteem...good luck!  :)

@contest_sanity: I like your comment. I think we are all on Earth to play a certain role, but not a mediocre role, God wants greatness from all of us. I think the appeal to religion is a great approach, and reading the Bible is certainly very comforting to me as well.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #506 on: July 25, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »

This is pretty much how I've felt for the last four or five years of my life. Of course there's been plenty of good sprinkled on top of the shit that provides some temporary relief, and that's what kept me going for this long (despite a few attempts to take my life, that I do regret), but overall... I'm still not entirely sure if it's worth it. The choices I've made thus far in life have pretty much guaranteed I have no future, as I have no education, no money, no talent, no passion, and no determination (which is my fault, I guess, but I have no drive to change this), so I can't imagine how things could possibly get better.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #507 on: July 26, 2010, 01:24:20 AM »
At least you have excellent taste in music  :heart
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2010, 02:59:59 AM »
Yeah! I'm already useless in real life! And now I'm annoying on DTF! Woo!

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #509 on: July 26, 2010, 03:28:27 AM »
You don't annoy me.  :heart

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #510 on: July 26, 2010, 04:31:16 AM »
@Rafael Guerra: I don't feel I can ultimately change my life, and the way I see myself, because I think the energy and power you describe which is required to do it is beyond me.

I think it's a bit much on the part of people who are relatively happy with their lives, or already accustomed to positive thinking, to assume everyone does possess that required energy or strength to bring about the change they need. Not everyone is born equal; some people are physically weaker than others, and some people are mentally weaker; hell, some people are both. Some people could fight all they like to improve their lot, and alter how they see the world and themselves, but they're simply incapable of it, the same way some people couldn't run a marathon if they had to.

People who are already in a place where they can preach positive thinking can talk all they like; the fact is, they're already there. Either they've always been there, or they DID have the strength to fight their way there, shown by the very fact that they once weren't there, and now are.

Thus far, I have no reason to believe that everyone, and specifically that I, have the strength to exact a significant degree of change for the better on my (or their) own life. That may just be the weight of my own pessimistic thinking bearing down on me, but if that is so, it's somewhat overwhelming at the moment, as you can see.

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #511 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:28 AM »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #512 on: July 26, 2010, 12:06:47 PM »
Global warming is legit gonna kill us. :sadpanda:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #513 on: July 26, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
I hate myself sometimes

Offline robwebster

« Reply #514 on: July 26, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
Global warming is legit gonna kill us. :sadpanda:
Like bollocks it is.

We're in an interglacial period. The earth isn't meant to have ice caps. We're not going through anything that's not happened to the earth umpteen times before.

Besides which, look at us. We don't have big claws or gnarly teeth or a shell. You know how some animals have pink, fleshy underbellies? We're all pink fleshy underbelly. Our one evolutionary tool, as a species, is that we're smart enough to adapt to more or less anything. Even if the temperature does go up a couple of degrees, we're not just going to sit there in our front rooms getting sunburn while we watch news reports in a big wet room full of box jellyfish. We'll wear fewer clothes and move to the hills.

Global warming isn't a massive threat. I mean, not grand that we're accelerating the process, but it's not as big as all the hype. It's a bit warmer! Aghhhhhh! We'll have to do things slightly differently and not live in the sea and change our crops a bit!

It's gutting, but it's not a nightmare.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #515 on: July 26, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
That's all good and well until our entire food supply dies out. And the danger isn't so much global warming as runaway greenhouse gases; those are gonna turn Earth into Venus.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #516 on: July 26, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »
Like I say. We're smart. A couple of cars aren't going to turn Mother Earth into a barren wasteland. She's way too strong for that. She pumps out umpteen times our pollution through tectonic activity. Volcanic activity is far more "harmful," but 'cause it's natural and uncontrollable that doesn't make quite such a good headline.

While some food sources will diminish, others will thrive. And others will benefit from perennial warmth. Fantastic time to be a fish. The eco-system is strong. You'll need to do more than dash about in a mini cooper to kill the earth.

Now overpopulation, that's a genuine problem. Global warming's definitely not cool (badum-tsh), but it's become a bit of a buzz word. It makes for a very neat apocalyptic story.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #517 on: July 26, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »
If you say so. We'll see in the next 40 years.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #518 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
@Rafael Guerra: I don't feel I can ultimately change my life, and the way I see myself, because I think the energy and power you describe which is required to do it is beyond me.

I think it's a bit much on the part of people who are relatively happy with their lives, or already accustomed to positive thinking, to assume everyone does possess that required energy or strength to bring about the change they need. Not everyone is born equal; some people are physically weaker than others, and some people are mentally weaker; hell, some people are both. Some people could fight all they like to improve their lot, and alter how they see the world and themselves, but they're simply incapable of it, the same way some people couldn't run a marathon if they had to.

People who are already in a place where they can preach positive thinking can talk all they like; the fact is, they're already there. Either they've always been there, or they DID have the strength to fight their way there, shown by the very fact that they once weren't there, and now are.

Thus far, I have no reason to believe that everyone, and specifically that I, have the strength to exact a significant degree of change for the better on my (or their) own life. That may just be the weight of my own pessimistic thinking bearing down on me, but if that is so, it's somewhat overwhelming at the moment, as you can see.
Not really.
Although what I said sounds very energetic and positive, remember it is all catalyzed by what you feel right now (weakness, sadness, reluctancy). Those things can have the power to catapult you to something great, if you believe in that, you can go far actually. Let me give you a classical example:

"A freshman in high school is skinny, short and not very smart. He is bullied by everyone and is the big target. He feels weak, sad and change seems impossible. So he draws away from people and starts focusing in something that is important. He starts studying very hard, gets excellent grades and before he even realizes he is already respected in the school for someone that is very smart. He will meet people that are also very smart and they will hang out, forming a new group. He goes to college and becomes very successful and rich."

Anger, sadness and all that CAN yield positive results. Not in a short term, but they can. And by your speech, I sense that you should reflect and meditate a little bit about yourself. You are seeing yourself as someone very weak, when in fact, the world is place for strong people and you are here. So, if there are things you don't like about yourself, change them. But also make an effort to see the positive things in you and KEEP them.

P.S- The example sounds stereotypical. I can guarantee it happens with some surprising frequency in our world.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #520 on: July 26, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
I agree with you Rafeal 100%, change is possible from within, the person I am now is a complete 180 from the person I was 7 years ago in attitude and focus.

As for me, I feel a little depressed at the moment because I called it quits with my gf but I know it's the right decision for my better being.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #521 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
James,

Believe it or not, that's one of the good parts of life.

When you have to corner yourself and ask what you're going to do next or how you get out of it, that's when you really start to make a real person out of yourself. There are so many people who are just complete flakes because they never take the time to stare themselves in the eyes and make something happen.

You decide what sort of person you are, and that's all you ever really have.

Thank you, wise young person.

I'm still in a funk and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with people. I have to deal with people I don't want to deal with a lot, and the people I want to deal with are never there (busy).

I have more to say, don't know how to say it.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #522 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »
Keep in mind that those 40 years will see a ridiculous amount of technological advancement.

Even if global warming were a legitimate threat, the rate technology will've accelerated by then, we'll have come up with something to keep the greenhouse gases' levels down. Efficient electric cars. Reliable renewable energy sources. I'm not saying "great, let's guzzle petroleum and set fire to refridgerators," because adding to a problem is adding to a problem, and it's moronic no matter which way you slice it, but I honestly think you're totally underestimating the human race, and whenever I see all these people harping on about these doomsday scenarios and saying how we're all gonna die the first thing I notice is that they've thoroughly forgotten that humanity has a knack for living. We're excellent at surviving.

If anything's gonna kill us, it'll be ourselves - and it'll be via weaponry, not driving down the shops.

Even in the worst case scenario: It's 2050, and the sea is up to our ankles, it's 35 degrees celsius and there's a new type of mosquito which eats everybody's faces off and then slashes your tyres. Do you really think everyone's just going to be going "right, well I guess this is our fate" and then we'll just sit there with bugs munching on our heads? God no. We'll have been preparing for years. Spent milions on defences and antidotes and fantastic science. We'll be sitting there with personal fans and factor 200 sunscreen, soaking up the rays.

Global warming isn't a nice thing, but it's far from the worst problem humanity's faced. Fuck, it's far from the worst problem the coelacanth's faced. If an ugly fish can survive, I think we've got a fair shot.

In fact, even if it does end up that we all find ourselves six feet on the ground [EDIT: read; "underground," not "on the ground"], it won't be for lack of resistance. Humanity will RAGE against the dying of the light. We have METAL CANNONS THAT WE PROPEL OURSELVES AROUND THE EARTH WITH. Look at any plane, we're fantastic. Real, authentic geniuses. If a plane doesn't do the trick, you can look at this thingybob I'm using right now: an instant communication network that can send this message from here in the UK all around the earth in seconds. We're miracle-workers. As soon as it becomes urgent, god knows we'll try to deal with a heatwave and some toxic fumes, and given our track record I've got a hunch we'll win.

I've probably repeated myself about ninety times 'cause I've been on the dizzy-water, but have faith. Worst comes to the worst, you'll have been happy for 39 years. Tragic.

Quote from: Jamesman
I'm still in a funk and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with people. I have to deal with people I don't want to deal with a lot, and the people I want to deal with are never there (busy).

I have more to say, don't know how to say it.
I know the feeling! Or rather, I have known the feeling. But, the people are out there. You called us friends, earlier. Flattering, but it's not a massive coincidence that a bunch of people who you can get on with have flocked to this site. Truth is, they're not especially rare. There are a craptonne of good people knocking about. Pleasant people attract pleasant people and nobs attract nobs. And there are plenty of both. It may not immediately be clear who's who, but just go out a bit. Attend parties when you can find 'em. Find people who you genuinely like and hang out with them a bit. The power to find good people is in your hands. Use it! Abuse it! They might not like the same music, or they might not like the same films, but just keep at it. You're a good bloke. Likable, fun, authentically witty. Good people will gravitate to you. Even if you feel like you're pissing into the wind now and then, they will.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:40:20 PM by robwebster »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #523 on: July 26, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
You made me actually smile reading that.

I've been secluding myself for no reason. I have an entire "family" right outside that door enjoying a good time. And I hide away in books and wonder why I feel so lonely.

Thanks rob and others.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #524 on: July 26, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »
Keep in mind that those 40 years will see a ridiculous amount of technological advancement.

Even if global warming were a legitimate threat, the rate technology will've accelerated by then, we'll have come up with something to keep the greenhouse gases' levels down. Efficient electric cars. Reliable renewable energy sources. I'm not saying "great, let's guzzle petroleum and set fire to refridgerators," because adding to a problem is adding to a problem, and it's moronic no matter which way you slice it, but I honestly think you're totally underestimating the human race, and whenever I see all these people harping on about these doomsday scenarios and saying how we're all gonna die the first thing I notice is that they've thoroughly forgotten that humanity has a knack for living. We're excellent at surviving.

If anything's gonna kill us, it'll be ourselves - and it'll be via weaponry, not driving down the shops.

Even in the worst case scenario: It's 2050, and the sea is up to our ankles, it's 35 degrees celsius and there's a new type of mosquito which eats everybody's faces off and then slashes your tyres. Do you really think everyone's just going to be going "right, well I guess this is our fate" and then we'll just sit there with bugs munching on our heads? God no. We'll have been preparing for years. Spent milions on defences and antidotes and fantastic science. We'll be sitting there with personal fans and factor 200 sunscreen, soaking up the rays.

Global warming isn't a nice thing, but it's far from the worst problem humanity's faced. Fuck, it's far from the worst problem the coelacanth's faced. If an ugly fish can survive, I think we've got a fair shot.

In fact, even if it does end up that we all find ourselves six feet on the ground, it won't be for lack of resistance. Humanity will RAGE against the dying of the light. We have METAL CANNONS THAT WE PROPEL OURSELVES AROUND THE EARTH WITH. Look at any plane, we're fantastic. Real, authentic geniuses. If a plane doesn't do the trick, you can look at this thingybob I'm using right now: an instant communication network that can send this message from here in the UK all around the earth in seconds. We're miracle-workers. As soon as it becomes urgent, god knows we'll try to deal with a heatwave and some toxic fumes, and given our track record I've got a hunch we'll win.

I've probably repeated myself about ninety times 'cause I've been on the dizzy-water, but have faith. Worst comes to the worst, you'll have been happy for 39 years. Tragic.

I get what you're saying but I'd honestly say humanity's fantasticness went out the window around 50 years ago or so.  Whenever the war ended.  After all, I agree that technological advancement will save us from catastrophe, but if big business gets their way, that advancement won't happen.

Although I might as well take heart.  After all you're right; we're a stubborn lot, us humans.  You'd know, Doctor.