Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 252453 times)

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
I'm not sure if there's another thread like this, but I am not in a good mood at all right now, and I thought it would be nice to have a place for all of us unhappy people to gather here when we're down and WALLOW IN OUR SELF PITY. The thing is, I'm actually being serious. Anyway, anyone else a sad panda at the minute?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:23:48 AM by Marvellous G »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Depressed Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »
I've been depressed horribly since dec 26th of 2009.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
You just created my new home on this forum.
gone

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:41:07 PM »

Talk. Explain.

Online Adami

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 05:43:54 PM »

Talk. Explain.

Broke up with my fiance, the only woman I've ever loved.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »
I has a sad as well :sadpanda:

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »

Talk. Explain.

Oh shit. I get it now. Bro, I'm really sorry. That's fucked up. You doing anything to try to get you out of this state of mind?

Online Adami

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »

Talk. Explain.

Oh shit. I get it now. Bro, I'm really sorry. That's fucked up. You doing anything to try to get you out of this state of mind?

I have no real job outside of my studio which have VERY few hours. So I'm trying to get my condo ready to sell, which of course isn't helping the depression issues. I'd go for a quick rebound score, but I'm butt ugly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 05:52:48 PM »
I guess I have a typical case. was bullied from the start of school until around the 10th grade. I fail with women, I'll be 18 in a few months and I've had three girlfriends, total, period. My longest relationship has been three weeks. I'm better at ruining things than fixing, I don't trust anyone, and my family annoys me. I'm a teenager.
gone

Online Adami

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »
I guess I have a typical case. was bullied from the start of school until around the 10th grade. I fail with women, I'll be 18 in a few months and I've had three girlfriends, total, period. My longest relationship has been three weeks. I'm better at ruining things than fixing, I don't trust anyone, and my family annoys me. I'm a teenager.

Why are they so short? Who leaves who typically?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
I've been suffering with diagnosed anxiety/depression for well over a year now. Not fun, some days are better than others. The best you can do is just try to keep moving forward.

Online Adami

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »
I've been suffering with diagnosed anxiety/depression for well over a year now. Not fun, some days are better than others. The best you can do is just try to keep moving forward.

I'd suggest trying to find the root of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »

Don't worry about it. I am 18 and I've never had a girlfriend.
Never even kissed a girl.
 :sadpanda:
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 06:06:01 PM »

Why are they so short? Who leaves who typically?
They leave me.

Better than falling in love with a girl, having sex with her, finding out she just wanted to have sex with you, then her leaving you.
gone

Online Adami

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 06:07:12 PM »
Go track her down at band camp jim.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Space Invader

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »

Better than falling in love with a girl, having sex with her, finding out she just wanted to have sex with you, then her leaving you.
[/quote]

That's brutal man. I'm sorry.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »
I've suffered from depression for the majority of my life and I pretty much kept it completely hidden from everyone I knew or came into contact with until I was 19. I still have it, some times more debilitating than others, but it isn't as crushing as it used to be for me. It's my lot in life, so I try not to complain about it too much; there are things I have done, can do and am doing to try to help. By far the best medicines for it are my friends and family.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »

That's brutal man. I'm sorry.
[/quote]It's why I've stressed waiting to some of the younger members.
I've suffered from depression for the majority of my life and I pretty much kept it completely hidden from everyone I knew or came into contact with until I was 19. I still have it, some times more debilitating than others, but it isn't as crushing as it used to be for me. It's my lot in life, so I try not to complain about it too much; there are things I have done, can do and am doing to try to help. By far the best medicines for it are my friends and family.
Pretty much how I feel. Sometimes I wonder why I'm so unhappy, and if it's self inflicted. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just being stupid, or a drama king.
gone

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »
Depression doesn't listen to logic. I can be fully aware that what I am thinking and/or feeling is completely irrational and contrary to reality, but am still utterly unable to stop thinking or feeling it. I can't argue myself out of it and I can't just change my mind. I think it's that way for most people who suffer from it.

Personally, my depression can be set off by environmental factors, but it doesn't need them; the seeds for it exist in me even when I'm feeling alright. I have gotten better as I have gotten older, but I still have my moments when I simply can't break free from it. Sometimes it's situational, sometimes it's purely emotional and cognitive.

I actually took a very long time to truly realize that there was something "different" going on in my head. As I said previously, no one knew how I felt until I was 19. I didn't even really know that what I was feeling was any different from anyone else until I was probably 14 or 15. I simply took the hurt and the dark thoughts as normal, although I did wonder how other people always seemed to be carefree. The more I've shared with my confidants, the better I've become at controlling my emotions and mood shifts.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:40:33 PM by Hyperplex »
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
Yeah, I go through seasonal depression. I generally get more sad in the winter. When someone offends me, or flames something I love, I go off. I'm bad at not feeding trolls. I've gotten into a fair amount of flame wars here, and have been threatened to be banned once that I can think of. I'm a very logical person, I MUST rationalize everything. Which makes depression piss me off even more, because I know I'm not being rational.
gone

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »
Depression (and other disorders and even psychoses) is often linked to an increased creative mind. That doesn't mean non-depressed people aren't creative, but it does somewhat make the link as to why so many great minds suffer from them.

Van Gogh, Nash, Hemingway, Dickinson....

Online Adami

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
Depression (and other disorders and even psychoses) is often linked to an increased creative mind. That doesn't mean non-depressed people aren't creative, but it does somewhat make the link as to why so many great minds suffer from them.

Van Gogh, Nash, Hemingway, Dickinson....

John Myung.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
And by the way it's not that creative people are more prone to disorders, it's usually that artistic people are more emotional than non. And too much emotion is called a disorder.....which I disagree with, but oh well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but have a lot of anxiety. I'm up at college and I have one friend here, but he never wants to do anything. I suffer from a little acne, that I've never been able to figure out how to fix, and none of the people that live around me are people that I'd care to hang out with. Beyond that, I've sort of ignored them, and because of it I never exchange words with them, I don't even go to the house meetings.

I've always thought that I've had a strong personality, just when it comes to talking with people I can never get it out. Part of me wants to scream out to anyone that I need help/love to talk but I always clam up so no one really thinks anything is wrong.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
I do write a lot of poems...and I don't think I've ever had anyone just straight up tell me I wrote a bad poem. Like the one in my signature, came up with it randomly today.

gone

Offline Space Invader

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
I do write a lot of poems...and I don't think I've ever had anyone just straight up tell me I wrote a bad poem. Like the one in my signature, came up with it randomly today.

And what a bad-ass poem it is.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 06:33:57 PM »
I too suffer from depression, for a looong time.  What I notice is that people have a misconception about the symptoms.  In my case, there is little desire to strive for the joyful things in life, and it is that constant state of mind that creates a persona that I reflect to the world.  It's not that I don't want to feel the joys of life,  I just have a constant view of myself that I'm not deserving of them, and it is this that propagates itself over all aspects of my personality, whether it be with family, friends, work, or matters of the heart.
I have been working on it for the better part of twenty years now, and especially the last sixteen since my daughter was born, if only for her benefit.  But it is hard to convince yourself that you are a good person worthy of love and attention when for your whole life, deep down inside, you never actually believed it.  I have gotten a lot better, but know that I still have a long way to go.
I should note that this forum has helped me tremendously in being able to honestly express my thoughts, opinions, and beliefs freely as I feel them in my mind and heart, and I feel it is a tremendous credit to all of you, the DTF, that you have accepted them openly, freely, and without prejudice.  For that, I sincerely thank you.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »
I too suffer from depression, for a looong time.  What I notice is that people have a misconception about the symptoms.  In my case, there is little desire to strive for the joyful things in life, and it is that constant state of mind that creates a persona that I reflect to the world.  It's not that I don't want to feel the joys of life,  I just have a constant view of myself that I'm not deserving of them, and it is this that propagates itself over all aspects of my personality, whether it be with family, friends, work, or matters of the heart.
I have been working on it for the better part of twenty years now, and especially the last sixteen since my daughter was born, if only for her benefit.  But it is hard to convince yourself that you are a good person worthy of love and attention when for your whole life, deep down inside, you never actually believed it.  I have gotten a lot better, but know that I still have a long way to go.
I should note that this forum has helped me tremendously in being able to honestly express my thoughts, opinions, and beliefs freely as I feel them in my mind and heart, and I feel it is a tremendous credit to all of you, the DTF, that you have accepted them openly, freely, and without prejudice.  For that, I sincerely thank you.
"I'm a worthless piece of shit" depression. That's the worst. Mine mostly stems from an alcoholic father and being bullied. I've been conditioned to believe I'm nothing. Can you think of what started yours? Or is it just completely there for a reason you don't quite understand?
gone

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »

And what a bad-ass poem it is.
Thank you btw. :)
gone

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
this thread is depressing

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
Depression doesn't listen to logic. I can be fully aware that what I am thinking and/or feeling is completely irrational and contrary to reality, but am still utterly unable to stop thinking or feeling it. I can argue myself out of it and I can't just change my mind. I think it's that way for most people who suffer from it.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

People who dont suffer from depression have a hard time understanding this, because it is a difficult concept. Even when you know something isn't true, your brain will keep hounding on it until it eats away at you.I

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 06:50:34 PM »
Depression doesn't listen to logic. I can be fully aware that what I am thinking and/or feeling is completely irrational and contrary to reality, but am still utterly unable to stop thinking or feeling it. I can argue myself out of it and I can't just change my mind. I think it's that way for most people who suffer from it.

People who dont suffer from depression have a hard time understanding this, because it is a difficult concept. Even when you know something isn't true, your brain will keep hounding on it until it eats away at you.I
I tend to have hysteria, and paranoia. I don't trust very many people, or in fact, any. Which makes it hard to have a real relationship.

Also, my avatar represents how lonely I feel, and my title "missunderstood" isn't a DT reference, it's just how I feel, and my personal text indicates the drug usage that has come from my depression.

And I'm happy this thread exists now, I like how this could play out, the best feeling is to realize you aren't the only one. I'll probably end up posting a lot on it...
gone

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »

People who dont suffer from depression have a hard time understanding this, because it is a difficult concept. Even when you know something isn't true, your brain will keep hounding on it until it eats away at you.

mm, this :-\

this the Lonely Hearts thread for people that suffer from depression, eh? Might need to bookmark this thread...

My life actually isn't horrible, but... I just find it difficult to enjoy anything. I'm rarely ever happy and always feel apathetic or sad; one of my few conduits for emotion, no matter how slight, is music, which is why I hang out around here so much. My other passion is writing, but, alas, I've had writer's block for a few years.

I'm a misanthrope and very disillusioned with the current state of the world, but, harking back to what Hyperplex says, depression doesn't listen to logic, and that applies to my misanthropy. I have a habit of judging others unfairly and as such find it incredibly difficult to connect with people. I believe everyone is inherently evil and animalistic, and I can count the people I trust on one hand, and as stupid as I know that sounds, I can't help but think that way. Fuck, I dropped out of High School just because I hated everyone around me so much, and that's just going to screw me over for my future. :\

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »
I went through 2 years of really hardcore depression. This forum is one of the few things that helped keep me sane. I never wanted to take medication for it, but 3 months ago I started taking Zoloft. I must admit, it is the best decision I ever made.