The Depressed/Angry Thread.

Started by Marvellous G, January 30, 2010, 04:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonAttack

Count...agree regarding counseling. And start writing a daily journal. I did it eons ago, and it really helped. Do it old school with pen and paper.

I read your Jets MNF recap. There are those moments to keep one going 👍
Quote from: frogprog on January 05, 2023, 05:45:48 PM...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen discography thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!
QUEEN Discography  [url="https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0"]https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0[/url]

wolfking

Quote from: Kinger on September 16, 2023, 06:13:27 PM
Thank you. We are trying to be positive. I'm glad my wife is proactive.  We went through lymphoma with me when I was 30 for 2 years. I hope my strong wife doesn't have to go through it.

This is the sort of shit one needs to read and remember when they think they have it rough when something small and insignificant occurs in their day, myself included.  Much respect and love mate!

TheCountOfNYC

Quote from: DragonAttack on September 17, 2023, 03:00:14 AM
Count...agree regarding counseling. And start writing a daily journal. I did it eons ago, and it really helped. Do it old school with pen and paper.

I read your Jets MNF recap. There are those moments to keep one going 👍

Thank you. I've been trying to lean on the things I love through all of this. It certainly helps.

Stadler

Quote from: Kinger on September 15, 2023, 06:02:20 PM
Thank you guys. We are staying positive.

We're going through this too.   :heart to you both.

cramx3

Quote from: jingle.boy on September 11, 2023, 08:20:58 AM
Depression just sucks.  I've been in a really bad place for about a month now (while being off and on for a year and a half), and having trouble finding the will, desire, and motivation to get out of it.  I was just about at a point of being 'good', then shit just comes crashing down... like a two ton heavy thing.

:-\

Damn, sorry to hear this.  Hope things come around for you, and as others have stated, we are here for you as well.  Feel free to reach out.

Quote from: Kinger on September 15, 2023, 04:23:30 PM
Durring our vacation my wife felt a lump on her breast. We went in for an ultrasound.   Hoping it's a cyst.

We've had all we can this year already.

Oh man, you really have had a terrible year.  Stay positive, which I'm sure is like almost impossible, but you've been strong through all of this year's challenges.

King Postwhore

This year can go to hell.  1st, my dad passes away.  Then both my brother's family and mine had to put our cats down a month after dad passed. 

Now, my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  We can't catch a break.  I think we caught it early.  We'll know more Thursday after our consult.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Jamesman42

:heart :heart :heart Hoping it's early and can be taken care of.
\o\ lol /o/

cramx3

The Queen will be in our thoughts.  Hope for a quick recovery.  There's only a few more months this year.

jingle.boy

I agree that this year can go and fuck right the hell off. 
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Glasser

Quote from: jingle.boy on September 25, 2023, 09:35:04 AM
I agree that this year can go and fuck right the hell off.

Agreed but can't we say that about the 3 before it? And is 2024 going to be a glorious highlight reel of excellence? ...... Shits just getting worse.

Stadler

Quote from: King Postwhore on September 25, 2023, 08:14:23 AM
This year can go to hell.  1st, my dad passes away.  Then both my brother's family and mine had to put our cats down a month after dad passed. 

Now, my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  We can't catch a break.  I think we caught it early.  We'll know more Thursday after our consult.

Thinking about you both, brother.  Peace.

wolfking

Praying for you both mate.  :heart

ReaperKK

Thinking about you and the Queen. Glad youbdidnt wait around to get it checked out :heart

DragonAttack

When Mrs. DA had her lymph node test last year, the waiting period was excruciating.

Hang on in there, Joe :tup
Quote from: frogprog on January 05, 2023, 05:45:48 PM...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen discography thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!
QUEEN Discography  [url="https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0"]https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0[/url]

King Postwhore

Thank you. We're being positive. A good thing is they scaned Lisa's armpit because she felt pain which is  sign that it's affecting thr lympnodes but the scan found nothing.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Glasser

Guess what I tested positive for today?  >:( :censored

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Adami

[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Glasser

Besides those. I thought my allergies were really bad but its Covid. Good times.

TAC

Quote from: Glasser on September 25, 2023, 06:32:08 PM
Besides those. I thought my allergies were really bad but its Covid. Good times.

Got the sniffles or are you feeling sick?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Last year at this time I caught it as well.

Glasser

Quote from: TAC on September 25, 2023, 06:37:34 PM
Quote from: Glasser on September 25, 2023, 06:32:08 PM

Got the sniffles or are you feeling sick?

Sniffles, sneezing, cough, raspy throat. (I'm a NyQuil advertisement).

DragonAttack

TAC

wolfking

Is hairy hands a contagious disease?

wolfking

Seriously though, feel better quick Tom.

DragonAttack

^
I should have included this along with my little joke above.

I also hope the rest of the family is OK.

ProfessorPeart

After spending the past year plus watching my wife go through hell with all of her lung issues, I wouldn't wish anyone see their spouse go through stuff like that. I legit thought I might lose her at some point. We've been together 24 years now.

Definitely thinking about you and hoping for the best.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

Glasser

Glasser

Quote from: DragonAttack on September 26, 2023, 06:42:50 AM
^
I should have included this along with my little joke above.

I also hope the rest of the family is OK.

Thanks! So far everyone else is ok. Been keeping distance best I can.

Lonk

Hoping it was caught early and it can be removed.

Glasser

That's awful. I'm sorry to hear all of this.  :heart

XJDenton

Sending love, mate.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

Glasser

Feeling very off emotionally lately, not good at all. Questioning my purpose, what's left for me, and shit like that. I basically lost my entire family in the last few years. Everything seems so hollow and gray. I really need to dig deep because this isn't going away. Its all on me to figure it out and its not happening. I may need to make some major changes and let go of a lot.

TAC

Quote from: Glasser on October 13, 2023, 12:30:13 PM
Feeling very off emotionally lately, not good at all. Questioning my purpose, what's left for me, and shit like that. I basically lost my entire family in the last few years. Everything seems so hollow and gray. I really need to dig deep because this isn't going away. Its all on me to figure it out and its not happening. I may need to make some major changes and let go of a lot.

Well, if it means anything, you've been a great addition to the DTF roster. Personally, I'm thankful you joined.