Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 252538 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #2310 on: January 05, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »
This is going to sound cynical, but it is not in any way. She did you a favor. There was no room in her life for you and she wasn’t going to string you along. I know it sounds shitty but you will get through it.

Perfectly said Tim! When my last girlfriend before my wife and I broke up because she fell out of love, I literally couldn't breathe let alone sleep eat or function. It truly felt like my world ended... it took a while of soul searching and practicing self love and care that I finally realized how that relationship served a purpose to my growth, I refer to it as collateral beauty. I learned from the pain and the overall experience that I didn't need anyone but myself and when I was ok with that, eventually I met someone I truly loved, not needed, and we now have been together 30 years with 3 amazing kids. Its true, you can't see it now but you will, please trust that.

I went through a similar experience in May 2019 when a girl I loved broke up with me and am now in a much better relationship.  It'll take time, but you'll get through it and in the end, you'll find the right one.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2311 on: January 05, 2023, 03:38:38 PM »
This is going to sound cynical, but it is not in any way. She did you a favor. There was no room in her life for you and she wasn’t going to string you along. I know it sounds shitty but you will get through it.

Perfectly said Tim! When my last girlfriend before my wife and I broke up because she fell out of love, I literally couldn't breathe let alone sleep eat or function. It truly felt like my world ended... it took a while of soul searching and practicing self love and care that I finally realized how that relationship served a purpose to my growth, I refer to it as collateral beauty. I learned from the pain and the overall experience that I didn't need anyone but myself and when I was ok with that, eventually I met someone I truly loved, not needed, and we now have been together 30 years with 3 amazing kids. Its true, you can't see it now but you will, please trust that.

Tom, reread that bolded part back to yourself.  :)

Been through it as well. 10 years, got married, and was told out of the blue that she didn't know if she wanted to be married anymore. And it wasn't even my idea to get married! :lol

Still, it was a world turned upside down event. All I knew and related to was tied into that relationship. The challenge was how to extricate my own experiences in my own life during that time together and make them stand on their own. It really helped the healing process.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2312 on: January 05, 2023, 03:44:09 PM »
Tim the bold part means its nice be with someone you want to be with, not "need" meaning be codependent. Its true means what YOU wrote is true. What am I missing?

edit! I met someone I truly loved? Lol. Ok ill fix it.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2313 on: January 05, 2023, 03:47:15 PM »

Perfectly said Tim! When my last girlfriend before my wife and I broke up because she fell out of love, I literally couldn't breathe let alone sleep eat or function. It truly felt like my world ended... it took a while of soul searching and practicing self love and care that I finally realized how that relationship served a purpose to my growth, I refer to it as collateral beauty. I learned from the pain and the overall experience that I didn't need anyone but myself and when I was ok with that, eventually I met someone that I fell in love with, not needed, thete is a difference....and we now have been together 30 years with 3 amazing kids. Its true, you can't see it now but you will, please trust that.

Tom, reread that bolded part back to yourself.  :)

Been through it as well. 10 years, got married, and was told out of the blue that she didn't know if she wanted to be married anymore. And it wasn't even my idea to get married! :lol

Still, it was a world turned upside down event. All I knew and related to was tied into that relationship. The challenge was how to extricate my own experiences in my own life during that time together and make them stand on their own. It really helped the healing process.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2314 on: January 05, 2023, 03:52:06 PM »
Never mind. PM sent. I'm old and senile. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2315 on: January 05, 2023, 04:28:30 PM »
I was reading that looking for a nugget too lol.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2316 on: July 16, 2023, 03:45:21 PM »
Pain hits like a ton of bricks. Finding out the girl who broke your heart, the girl you still love with all of your heart, has moved on to someone else, it really fucks you up. I’ve been trying to power through it, I have to with my job and band duties, but even when I’m around my friends and family, I feel so alone. I’ve started to veer towards my self-destructive tendencies, and my job is the only thing keeping me from going completely off the rails. Nothing has been able to fill the void she left, and I see the downward spiral on the horizon.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2317 on: July 16, 2023, 04:14:05 PM »
Pain hits like a ton of bricks. Finding out the girl who broke your heart, the girl you still love with all of your heart, has moved on to someone else, it really fucks you up. I’ve been trying to power through it, I have to with my job and band duties, but even when I’m around my friends and family, I feel so alone. I’ve started to veer towards my self-destructive tendencies, and my job is the only thing keeping me from going completely off the rails. Nothing has been able to fill the void she left, and I see the downward spiral on the horizon.

Go talk to someone, please. 

There's nothing I'm going to say that's not going to make me sound like a big(ger) dick, but suffice to say that the spiral is NOT inevitable. It's just not.  Get the help you need to move past this. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2318 on: July 16, 2023, 04:15:38 PM »

Go talk to someone, please. 

There's nothing I'm going to say that's not going to make me sound like a big(ger) dick, but suffice to say that the spiral is NOT inevitable. It's just not.  Get the help you need to move past this.

I didn't know how to say it without also sounding like a dick, but you pretty much summed it up.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2319 on: July 16, 2023, 04:25:26 PM »

Seems like you're kind of enabling yourself to be like this mate. I'm sorry to say.  You obviously are self aware and no doubt are in a lot of pain, but looking for an easy out in a 'downward spiral' doesn't help you at all.  As Stadler said, go talk to someone.

She obviously doesn't give two fucks about you and has moved on, you have to do the same thing, you just have to.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #2320 on: July 16, 2023, 04:30:08 PM »

Living well is the best revenge, my friend.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2321 on: July 16, 2023, 04:48:57 PM »

Living well is the best revenge, my friend.

This ^^

Look, not one person on this thread hasn't been there.  It feels like a freight train slamming into your chest over and over again.  I get it.  And I'm so sorry you are hurting right now.  It must seem like how you are feeling today will never end.

But it will.  Only if you don't take stupid chances or do something you'll never be able to walk back.

I promise, it will.  One day at a time.  Put the work into YOURSELF.  Time will continue on whether or not you give up or get up.  Six months from now you could be in a place 180 degrees from where you are right now.  But you won't know if you don't work toward it.

And yeah, talking to someone can help a lot.  There is no shame in that either.  Asking for help is a strength.  You've done it here with this post.  Keep doing it.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2322 on: July 16, 2023, 04:55:01 PM »
Yeah, my first real love cheated on me and absolutely destroyed me.  I was gutted and too thought the world was ending.  I couldn't believe it and I thought I loved this girl so much, I didn't think I'd ever move past it or be able to find someone else. 

You do get past it and now I just look back at all of that and laugh at myself for being such a soft ass bitch about it all.  She can fuck off too, wherever the fuck she is.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2323 on: July 16, 2023, 05:48:32 PM »

Posting this here is a positive thing,  it means deep down whether you know it or not you do want to fight through this so you have already taken the first step. Yes, I've been there, its unbearable and nauseating but IT WILL pass, you can't put a time on it but it will. Everyone on this forum are truly kind people and genuinely care. Good music brings good people together and man if you are in that much pain message me and I will be there to listen, if you want to actually speak to me you got it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2324 on: July 16, 2023, 06:03:10 PM »

Posting this here is a positive thing,  it means deep down whether you know it or not you do want to fight through this so you have already taken the first step. Yes, I've been there, its unbearable and nauseating but IT WILL pass, you can't put a time on it but it will. Everyone on this forum are truly kind people and genuinely care. Good music brings good people together and man if you are in that much pain message me and I will be there to listen, if you want to actually speak to me you got it.

Says the man with the Pizza Death avatar!  ;D

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2325 on: July 16, 2023, 06:13:51 PM »

Find the next good thing and latch onto it. Seek out the good and positive. Time heals. And things can and do get better, though it doesn't seem like it when you are in the darkness. Don't make self-fulfilling prophecies.

I speak from my own experience. You don't have to let the turmoil take you in.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2326 on: September 11, 2023, 09:20:58 AM »
Depression just sucks.  I've been in a really bad place for about a month now (while being off and on for a year and a half), and having trouble finding the will, desire, and motivation to get out of it.  I was just about at a point of being 'good', then shit just comes crashing down... like a two ton heavy thing.

:-\
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2327 on: September 11, 2023, 11:21:56 AM »
Depression just sucks.  I've been in a really bad place for about a month now (while being off and on for a year and a half), and having trouble finding the will, desire, and motivation to get out of it.  I was just about at a point of being 'good', then shit just comes crashing down... like a two ton heavy thing.

:heart
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2328 on: September 11, 2023, 12:21:00 PM »

Hugs man!  :heart

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2329 on: September 11, 2023, 07:28:28 PM »
I watch my wife go through this all the time. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2330 on: September 11, 2023, 07:50:10 PM »
We're here for you buddy.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2331 on: September 11, 2023, 08:22:16 PM »

Bald awesome dude to bald awesome dude, reach out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2332 on: September 12, 2023, 07:03:24 AM »
I'm really sorry jingle, lots of :heart: going out to you. As Chris said we're here for you.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2333 on: September 15, 2023, 05:23:30 PM »
Durring our vacation my wife felt a lump on her breast. We went in for an ultrasound.   Hoping it's a cyst.

We've had all we can this year already.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2334 on: September 15, 2023, 06:54:18 PM »
Keeping all my fingers crossed too King

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2335 on: September 15, 2023, 06:58:34 PM »
Durring our vacation my wife felt a lump on her breast. We went in for an ultrasound.   Hoping it's a cyst.

I’m not a praying man but I’m hoping for her. You both deserve only the best life.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2336 on: September 15, 2023, 07:02:20 PM »
Thank you guys. We are staying positive.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2337 on: September 15, 2023, 07:43:51 PM »
Good thing you were able to get it checked out right away.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2338 on: September 15, 2023, 08:03:26 PM »
Praying for you King.

I am feeling so down today. Overwhelmed by everything. I want to shut down and I can't because I have two little kids who love me and need me. I was going to type more but I am too tired.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2339 on: September 16, 2023, 04:57:17 AM »

Wishing a positive outcome for you both mate.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2340 on: September 16, 2023, 06:45:29 PM »

Much love and positive vibes to you both!  :heart

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2341 on: September 16, 2023, 07:13:27 PM »
Thank you. We are trying to be positive. I'm glad my wife is proactive.  We went through lymphoma with me when I was 30 for 2 years. I hope my strong wife doesn't have to go through it.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2342 on: September 16, 2023, 07:19:43 PM »
I am so glad you survived, dude.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2343 on: September 16, 2023, 07:27:52 PM »
The stories I could tell you. I fought to stay positive.   The support from family and friends is something I'll never forget. 

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2344 on: September 16, 2023, 07:48:11 PM »
Don't worry, 2010 is the shittiest year in the history of the world.

About 10 years off.

(I don't know why I was going back and reading old posts, but here we are)