Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255328 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1470 on: December 05, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
I've been feeling pretty great for about 2 months now, but I can feel the depression coming back.

Damnit.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1471 on: December 05, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
Run. (seriously)

Get high off that dopamine.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online Adami

« Reply #1472 on: December 05, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
Run. (seriously)

Get high off that dopamine.

Nah. The past 2 months have been me getting high off the work I've been doing on my CD. I'm afraid running away from the problem just isn't going to cut it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1473 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:53 PM »
Fiery Winds, can you not work a part time job alongside studyding? It sounds in your position like going back to school and getting skilled up might be your best bet right now...

Possibly, but it's not likely that working ~20 hours a week will be able to cover my bills and rent.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1474 on: December 05, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »
That really sucks. Can you get a roommate? Move into a house share situation? I'm doing a full time 2 year placement/teaching based MA atm and having to work around 25 hours at a couple of jobs to just about scrape by in my shared house... the exhaustion sucks at times but at least it's only for the short term.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1475 on: December 05, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »
Already have a roommate in the 2 bedroom place we got now, haha.   It's a 1 year lease that ends next June, so we're kinda stuck here, but the price we're paying is actually really good compared to most places in the SF Bay Area.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1476 on: December 06, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »
Lonestar is looking for a roommate I hear :eyebrows:

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1477 on: December 06, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »
Lonestar is looking for a roommate I hear :eyebrows:

That he is.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1478 on: December 07, 2012, 07:52:23 AM »
I feel 99.5% paralyzed right now. I spend the .5% of the time I don't feel paralyzed to try and make myself feel better. Not having a job sucks, and there is nothing in this town. I'm not taking my meds because they're too expensive. Also, I've been drinking a lot. Ugh, not a good week.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: December 07, 2012, 10:45:53 AM »
I feel 99.5% paralyzed right now. I spend the .5% of the time I don't feel paralyzed to try and make myself feel better. Not having a job sucks, and there is nothing in this town. I'm not taking my meds because they're too expensive. Also, I've been drinking a lot. Ugh, not a good week.

I'm so sorry that you are still jobless. I know meds are expensive, but found a way to get them. There are companies that will help you or even clinics. I didn't take my meds for a little over a week and I was ready to end it all again. Drinking will just make your depression worse. Hang in there.  :heart

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1480 on: December 07, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
You know what I hate about feeling depressed?  When I feel like I want to talk about it,  I realize as I'm thinking it that it sounds petty and stupid, especially compared to "real" problems other people have.  I also realize that I'm the reason why I'm in the situation that's causing my depression and I haven't done anything about it.  I try to make myself feel better by saying I have goals to fix the situation but it seems like a lot of other things in my life, where I say I have goals and am going to do something, but they never come to fruition.

/post that really doesn't say anything
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1481 on: December 07, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »
You know what I hate about feeling depressed?  When I feel like I want to talk about it,  I realize as I'm thinking it that it sounds petty and stupid, especially compared to "real" problems other people have.  I also realize that I'm the reason why I'm in the situation that's causing my depression and I haven't done anything about it.  I try to make myself feel better by saying I have goals to fix the situation but it seems like a lot of other things in my life, where I say I have goals and am going to do something, but they never come to fruition.

/post that really doesn't say anything

Your problems are never smaller than anyone else's.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1482 on: December 12, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »
Gotta be honest and vocalize something. I am really falling apart at the seams here.

This quarter at school, I have been a complete bum. I haven't been going to lecture, I haven't been doing my work on time, and now I'm paying the price. It's finals time. I'm trying to work on a take-home final exam for philosophy of mind by going through the lecture slides. It's due tonight at midnight via online submission. Not only that, I have two 5 page papers due in the next two days on subjects I know nothing about. I have become way too arrogant in my work ethic since coming to college. And I don't know how to snap out of it.

Not only that, but over this past year, I fell completely out of shape. I didn't work out and ate really bad. I gained about 5% body fat and feel terrible and groggy. I tried running but I pulled my hamstring. I want more than anything to be where I was four years ago.

Lastly, I am very sure I have developed major self-destructive tendencies. I sleep way too much (more than 10 hours on average), stay in bed on the computer for probably 3 hours a day, and hide away from people when I see them. Even here on these forums, I've noticed that my posts have gotten meaner compared to when I first joined. I have resorted to talking to myself on lonely walks and bike rides. I can't take it. I have definitely changed over these past few years for the worse, and I desperately need to snap out of it. And now I'm spewing my guts all over the internet to anonymous people I don't really know. But I gotta get out of here.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #1483 on: December 12, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »
Don't feel bad about talking to yourself, it's something many people do (happy or sad). I do it all the fucking time, and I'm a pretty happy human being (though I mean, I'm fucking weird and batshit nutty so whatever).

It's easy to fall in a slump, and hard to get out. But think of both what is at stake *cough*yourwellbeing* and the rewards to working towards bettering yourself and your everyday habits.

Lastly, https://www.reddit.com/r/howtonotgiveafuck
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1484 on: December 13, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »
Man, I've been complete fucking interviews with myself for most of my life. It's ridiculous, but I don't think I'm going insane or anything. As long as you talk to some real people on a  regular basis, you'll probably be alright.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: December 13, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »
So fuckin pissed off at the world today and very pissed at myself.  >:(

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #1486 on: December 13, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
This, this, this, this, this. Not feeling it today.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: December 13, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
 :'(
This, this, this, this, this. Not feeling it today.

:'(

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1488 on: December 16, 2012, 07:49:20 AM »
My brother in high school is failing almost all of his classes. I know it's not really my business if he doesn't care to do better, but it's really frustrating because I'm really worried about him. He could end up being the only one of us who doesn't go to college.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1489 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
A few days okay The Mirror brought me to tears. It was the first time that song brought me to tears. I'm just not sure how my friends did forgive me after all I have put them through the last few years. All my drug use and hospitalizations, suicide attempts, cutting, starving myself, and breaking many promises.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1490 on: December 20, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
So I took a test at school, and I have all the signs of a depressed person. But I really don't feel bad or anything, I just feel the same way I have always felt in my life.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Online Adami

« Reply #1491 on: December 20, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
So I took a test at school, and I have all the signs of a depressed person. But I really don't feel bad or anything, I just feel the same way I have always felt in my life.

Then ignore the test results. Trust me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1492 on: December 20, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »

Then ignore the test results. Trust me.
Oh I do ignore them, but that still made me wonder  how I can come across to some people. I mean, I'm not the most upbeat person, in fact I'm kind of an old sould on a young body kind of guy. Still that made me wonder if I look depressed to some people.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1493 on: December 21, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
Well it's been a night.  My ex-wife (with whom I'm still really close friends) is suicidal.  I've been texting and talking to her and she went to the ER.  Well, they're going to commit her for a day and this is making things worse for her.  I'm really worried.  I don't know what I can do since I live 4 hours away.  I'm glad I've been able to help her so far, but I don't know what else I can do.  It seems like it's counterproductive to commit someone who's suicidal; it doesn't help to get to the problem.  I can see it being partly to protect her and to let her try and sleep on it, but in the morning she's going to feel worse, thinking that she's ruined Christmas for everyone  :|  I'm going to call her tomorrow to see how she feels.

I just needed this off my chest.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1494 on: December 23, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that it will be easier to hate most people than hate myself, so society can fuck off.

Online Adami

« Reply #1495 on: December 23, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »
Quite depressed. Damn heartache.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: December 23, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
Right there with ya Jew buddy

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: December 23, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »
So yeah - 2012 has been one of the most depressing years I can remember.

Only really got better this past month.

Hey ho - Pip & Dandy etc.   :sadpanda:

At least I survived the apocalypse. That's Something.  :laugh:

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1498 on: December 24, 2012, 01:51:01 AM »
So yeah - 2012 has been one of the most depressing years I can remember.

I agree :sadpanda:

I think 2013 will be a break out year for me (I have some goals that can possibly be attained, so I'm hopeful).

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1499 on: December 26, 2012, 07:57:51 AM »
2012 can't end soon enough for me

Mom's has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now ( lungs are failing from Chemotherapy received 35 years ago and smoking) She has been moving back and forth between a regualr room and CCU

Saturday she was conherent enough to express to the doctors treating her she wanted to sign a DNR

Been making treks almost daily from work (Manhattan) to the hospital (Brooklyn) than back home (New Jersey)

One day she's fine the next it seems like she's on her death bed , doctors have been no help other than telling us to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

I appreciate their bluntness and having been through this earlier in the year with my ex-wife I'm kind of calloused to everything . My sister has been an absolute wreck and only makes things worse by not facing the facts , that mom will be leaving us soon.

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1500 on: December 26, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »
Oh man... sorry to hear about your Mom, Bill. :(

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1501 on: December 26, 2012, 02:08:04 PM »
Shit man, that sucks largely.  It's been a rough haul for you this year for sure.  Hope things start looking up soon for you and the boys.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1502 on: December 28, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »
2012 can't end soon enough for me

Mom's has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now ( lungs are failing from Chemotherapy received 35 years ago and smoking) She has been moving back and forth between a regualr room and CCU

Saturday she was conherent enough to express to the doctors treating her she wanted to sign a DNR

Been making treks almost daily from work (Manhattan) to the hospital (Brooklyn) than back home (New Jersey)

One day she's fine the next it seems like she's on her death bed , doctors have been no help other than telling us to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

I appreciate their bluntness and having been through this earlier in the year with my ex-wife I'm kind of calloused to everything . My sister has been an absolute wreck and only makes things worse by not facing the facts , that mom will be leaving us soon.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom, bud. When I lost mine I was in a similar position to you, I was on the edge of accepting it and calm, but my brother was a total wreck who just couldn't face up to it. It's really horrible when you know it's coming, but don't know when. So many heartbreaks and traumas on top of each other do eventually numb and desensitise you to the heartache I think. Don't feel bad about being calloused. I hope the situation resolves itself somehow soon and that you're going to be okay.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1503 on: December 28, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »
2012 has been mental... I've spent months of it on morphine patches off my face, nearly lost my job, changed careers by starting a full time MA, had my heart broken out of the blue by someone who I thought I was gonna be with forever, moved house twice (once overnight against my will), become estranged from my sociopath brother, spent weeks on tenterhooks awaiting a court case that came very close to having serious repercussions, and spent too much time really sick in and out of the doctors' surgery and hospital...

I JUST WISH FOR A DULL, MUNDANE, BORING, AVERAGE, NORMAL 2013

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1504 on: December 28, 2012, 07:00:54 AM »
Hope you get your wish Faye.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion