Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255429 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1365 on: November 13, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
agh...I got the Christmas thread and this one mixed up  :lol

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1366 on: November 13, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
Epic derp. :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1367 on: November 14, 2012, 12:18:03 AM »
He said he wants a blow job.  You might not want to hug him, he might get attached.  :lol

agh...I got the Christmas thread and this one mixed up  :lol

:rollin :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :rollin
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1368 on: November 14, 2012, 02:54:58 AM »
Holy shit :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1369 on: November 14, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »
HAd my 90 day review on Monday. It's not going so well. I'm barely paying for myself and I'm not making my boss any money. So, basically, if I don't make money this month, I'm looking for a new job. Goddammit. I've also been drinking a lot. Just not a good week.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1370 on: November 14, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »
HAd my 90 day review on Monday. It's not going so well. I'm barely paying for myself and I'm not making my boss any money. So, basically, if I don't make money this month, I'm looking for a new job. Goddammit. I've also been drinking a lot. Just not a good week.

I'd suggest not doing so much of the tiny text stuff. Really doesn't help at all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1371 on: November 14, 2012, 09:54:28 AM »

I'd suggest not doing so much of the tiny text stuff. Really doesn't help at all.

I know. But, I get home from work and my wife is at work...so I just go for it.

Online Adami

« Reply #1372 on: November 14, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
Hence my suggestion to stop. I mean, it's up to you. But it's just making things worse for you, you know....strictly from a psychological, neurological, biological and chemical perspective. So just imo.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1373 on: November 14, 2012, 09:58:09 AM »
Hence my suggestion to stop. I mean, it's up to you. But it's just making things worse for you, you know....strictly from a psychological, neurological, biological and chemical perspective. So just imo.

Actually, I had the review last Monday. I was able to stay away from the stuff for a couple of days, but it's been able to sucker me back into it.

Online Adami

« Reply #1374 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:45 AM »

Actually, I had the review last Monday. I was able to stay away from the stuff for a couple of days, but it's been able to sucker me back into it.

So resist. I dunno man, do what you want, I'm just offering some advice.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1375 on: November 14, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »

Care to explain? I'm also starting to feel uncomfortable with the regularity of my drinking. (Not necessarily the quantity-- I don't drink a lot, but I drink almost every day)

Online Adami

« Reply #1376 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »

Care to explain? I'm also starting to feel uncomfortable with the regularity of my drinking. (Not necessarily the quantity-- I don't drink a lot, but I drink almost every day)

Well it seems on this board that anyone over the drinking age (well a lot of them anyway) view alcohol as the worlds greatest idea, so I feel my badmouthing it will be met soon enough to tons of people telling you guys to drink more.

But since you asked, alcohol is a depressant. It literally puts your brain to sleep. So the reason it feels so good to drink when you're depressed is because it stops you from thinking about being depressed, however it keeps the person depressed.....which is why you have to keep drinking. Psychologically it's a matter of repressing the problem for as long as possible while continuously doing physical damage to your body and neurological damage to your brain (provided we're not just talking about a glass of wine at dinner or something).

But like I said, you guys do what you feel is right.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1377 on: November 14, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »
Dude, I realize this is you're area. I'm not gonna jump on you because you say something unpopular. For what it's worth, I think I'm feeling a lot of what you're saying. I usually limit myself to 1-2 drinks per day, but I still feel like I don't know why I do it, and should be able to get through without drinking a few days a week (which I can, I think, but I don't, because drinking is always an option and, shit, beer is so much better than juice).

Online Adami

« Reply #1378 on: November 14, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »
Dude, I realize this is you're area. I'm not gonna jump on you because you say something unpopular. For what it's worth, I think I'm feeling a lot of what you're saying. I usually limit myself to 1-2 drinks per day, but I still feel like I don't know why I do it, and should be able to get through without drinking a few days a week (which I can, I think, but I don't, because drinking is always an option and, shit, beer is so much better than juice).

One of the reasons I wasn't loved by my supervisor when I was a substance abuse counselor was because I didn't like telling others what to do or not to do. So I just educated them and offered any help if they wanted it. But if they wanted to keep drinking, I didn't tell them not to, just like I won't tell you not to. If you need any advice or help or have any questions, you are free to PM me. But whether or not you, or snapple or half the board drink is totally your guys' call.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1379 on: November 14, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
One of the reasons I wasn't loved by my supervisor when I was a substance abuse counselor was because I didn't like telling others what to do or not to do. So I just educated them and offered any help if they wanted it. But if they wanted to keep drinking, I didn't tell them not to, just like I won't tell you not to. If you need any advice or help or have any questions, you are free to PM me. But whether or not you, or snapple or half the board drink is totally your guys' call.

Unless they're going to physically harm someone, I don't really think a counselor should tell people what to do.

Online Adami

« Reply #1380 on: November 14, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »

Unless they're going to physically harm someone, I don't really think a counselor should tell people what to do.

I agree. Sadly my supervisor didn't.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1381 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
Well, I think your supervisor is probably in the minority. In every class I've taken, every class my wife has taken (she's going into art therapy - and her elective credits have all been 300+ level psych classes) and every psychology professor/professional we have ever talked to has said "don't tell patients what to do". Instead, ask them if there are goals they can accomplish etc. etc. you know more about this than I do personally.

Online Adami

« Reply #1382 on: November 14, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
Well, I think your supervisor is probably in the minority. In every class I've taken, every class my wife has taken (she's going into art therapy - and her elective credits have all been 300+ level psych classes) and every psychology professor/professional we have ever talked to has said "don't tell patients what to do". Instead, ask them if there are goals they can accomplish etc. etc. you know more about this than I do personally.

Yea, she was a cunt.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1383 on: November 14, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
 :lol

To get back OT, I know where my depression stems from:

1.) Winter is coming.
2.) Not succeeding in my job as much as I'd like to (and apparently not enough).
3.) Not being able to remove financial worry from my wife so she can just focus on school.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1384 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
So, I apparently have a job now. Part time, working as a cashier. I'm supposed to start Monday.

Meanwhile, I just received two phone calls: one asking me to interview with a company next week, and one asking me to take a "caliber test" for a position I interviewed for a few weeks ago. I don't really know what to do now: I was so freaked out about taking part time work because I didn't want it to interfere with finding full time work, and now I'm nervous that if I go to work on Monday, the guy I'm supposed to be working for (who is a good guy) is going to be pissed when I potentially wind up leaving my new job within a few days/weeks. Everyone I know says that you should just do whatever you can to make money until something better comes along but... I dunno... it seems kinda weird to me, to take a job when you know you're not gonna stay for that long.

Blah. I obsess over stuff like this. Maybe that is why I get depressed.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1385 on: November 14, 2012, 11:49:21 AM »
Don't worry about it. Part time jobs are super easy to walk away from. After all, employers basically view part time workers as just holding filler positions.

Besides, don't about this guy's feelings stop you from getting to where you think you need to get to.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1386 on: November 14, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »
My boss is doing an interview right now and I can actually hear him throwing me under the bus. Fuck that.

Online Adami

« Reply #1387 on: November 14, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
My boss is doing an interview right now and I can actually hear him throwing me under the bus. Fuck that.

hijack the bus. Run the dirt bag over.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1388 on: November 14, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »

hijack the bus. Run the dirt bag over.

I actually thought? he was a nice guy. Like, I know if he's not making money on me it's not worth it to keep me on. I get that. But I didn't think he would say my fucking name as an example of why he's hiring. That's classless. I hope that person would turn down the job if offered.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1389 on: November 14, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »
Wow, that sucks. Do you think you're going to get canned pretty soon?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1390 on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »
Wow, that sucks. Do you think you're going to get canned pretty soon?

If I don't get my sales by the end of the month, I will.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1391 on: November 14, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
That's the reason why I never even think about taking jobs that are paid based on commission.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1392 on: November 14, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
That's the reason why I never even think about taking jobs that are paid based on commission.
It's salary+commission. The salary is enough to pay the bills.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1393 on: November 21, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
I feel a bit apprehensive about posting this kinda thing, but what the hell. Bumpity bump.

To put it bluntly, for a while now I've had an unshakable feeling that I have no reason to get up in the morning. I'm unemployed, dropped my classes, can't get myself to write any decent music, and have run out of ideas as to what to do with my life. I can't find real joy or motivation in anything I used to. Guitar isn't even fun anymore. I have a few friends whom I don't see more than once a week maybe (aside from my roommate), and I haven't dated anybody in seven years. My day typically consists of browsing the web, some gaming, TV, and then a long walk to a usual coffee joint (where I just read and browse on my netbook), and home again. I have started going to my parents house for dinner several nights a week simply 'cause I have nothing else to do, and few others to talk to. Needless to say money's running low, but that's the least of my worries, frankly. This has been going on for months now. I wouldn't consider myself suicidal or anything like that. But life kinda sucks right now. I just feel shitty about myself all the time.

That is all. Had to get it out somewhere.  :millahhhh

Online Adami

« Reply #1394 on: November 21, 2012, 11:52:06 PM »
I feel a bit apprehensive about posting this kinda thing, but what the hell. Bumpity bump.

To put it bluntly, for a while now I've had an unshakable feeling that I have no reason to get up in the morning. I'm unemployed, dropped my classes, can't get myself to write any decent music, and have run out of ideas as to what to do with my life. I can't find real joy or motivation in anything I used to. Guitar isn't even fun anymore. I have a few friends whom I don't see more than once a week maybe (aside from my roommate), and I haven't dated anybody in seven years. My day typically consists of browsing the web, some gaming, TV, and then a long walk to a usual coffee joint (where I just read and browse on my netbook), and home again. I have started going to my parents house for dinner several nights a week simply 'cause I have nothing else to do, and few others to talk to. Needless to say money's running low, but that's the least of my worries, frankly. This has been going on for months now. I wouldn't consider myself suicidal or anything like that. But life kinda sucks right now. I just feel shitty about myself all the time.

Believe me dude, I have been exactly there.....(well minus the specifics of your day) multiple times. Each time I've honestly considered suicide. But eventually something changes, it's unpredictable when and you never see it coming. However at some point during these dark times, something will come around and give you some external purpose. Until that comes, just hang tight and remember that you are not defined by your job, or your hobbies or anything like that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1395 on: November 22, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »
Yes, exactly. I've spent about 7 years of my life like that before I got employed. I've litteraly spent weeks just gettin' up late afternoons, going to bed at 3/4 on the morning, just eating, pissing, drinking pots of coffee, reading and staring lethargic at the tv for hours. There wasn't any pc/notebooks or anything yet. That's not something to get cheerful about, but I've somehow always known things would change for the good. What's important is: stay in personal contact with your friends and parents/family. Talk to people, even if it's only for lettin'off steam. Trust me, it will get better. But you have to motivate yourself out of that hole.

Hang in there, buddy. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1396 on: November 24, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »

Yeah man, that's tough to hear. Well, the one thing you can count on in life is that it changes. For better or worse. But you do have an influence in which direction it'll go.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1397 on: November 27, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
not looking forward to tomorrow at all

7 months ago I lost my best friend (ex-wife) to cancer, not a day goes by that I don't think about her in one way or another. Tomorrow would have been her 38th birthday. Just so confused about the whole thing do I mention it to the kids(although I'm sure they know) do we celebrate what would have been her birthday? Do we just ignore it and treat it like another day?
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1398 on: November 27, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »
not looking forward to tomorrow at all

7 months ago I lost my best friend (ex-wife) to cancer, not a day goes by that I don't think about her in one way or another. Tomorrow would have been her 38th birthday. Just so confused about the whole thing do I mention it to the kids(although I'm sure they know) do we celebrate what would have been her birthday? Do we just ignore it and treat it like another day?

I'm so sorry you lost your best friend. I don't know about you but I find it hard to act normal and push stuff like that away when it's something that would have been a big day. I generally find it's the lesser of two evils to just get it out there and acknowledge the elephant in the room. I don't know how old the kids are or if they're kids you had with her and what their level of comprehension is, but chances are in these situations everyone is thinking of the person all the time anyway so it's not going to upset anybody further bringing her into the conversation. Just my two cents. But I know if I tried to let my mum's birthday go by without taking some flowers or a card to her grave I would despise myself for a long time, and that level of self-hatred is a cunt to live with.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1399 on: November 27, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
I'm having a bit of a hard time at the minute... my ex broke up with me eight weeks ago out of the blue which I feel basically over, I've been having a great time since the initial hump of having my life ripped to pieces (lost my flat, my relationship, my relationship with my brother, all out of my hands) hanging with friends, getting stuck into my Masters, dating casually, finding a new place to live. But it's a really crappy time of year. If I don't think about him or contemplate too much what the fuck actually happened I'm fine, but I think if I ever saw him or bumped into him I'd probably throw up.

I lost my mum two years this Dec 23rd, and it's going to be hard running up to that date without the support of my ex, or my brother, who was the only other person in the world that knew her like I did. It's complicated but basically after two years of growing closer and developing a good relationship he decided he was really angry at me for reasons I don't even understand and froze me out completely, making it really hard for me to keep an active part of my nephews' lives, the thing that matters most to me in the world.

So this time of year just reminds me of bad stuff, now every day I'm running up to the anniversary thinking yeah this time two years ago I took her to hospital, this day we spoke our last words, this day she died, this day I buried her, and I'm kinda doing it alone now. Plus my health is not so good and I have 12k words to write by January 7th alongside working two other jobs and I'm so tired.

Christmas day I have nobody to really see, my dad hasn't invited me over, I won't be seeing my brother obviously, my sister's in prison, I used to spend it with ex's family so that's off, my best friend is abroad... so I'll be waking up alone, going to do some voluntary work for the afternoon then coming home alone. It's my first xmas single in... eight years. Soooo it's gonna be an experience.

Just wanted to vent. I miss her more and more every week.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:52:53 PM by nightmare_cinema »
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...