Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255279 times)

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1295 on: September 26, 2012, 05:56:48 AM »
Adami ...I've been drug free for 18 years alcohol free for 3 years....smoking is my only vice, but yes intend to quit that as well
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1296 on: September 26, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
Adami ...I've been drug free for 18 years alcohol free for 3 years....smoking is my only vice, but yes intend to quit that as well

Congrats on the first two, good luck on the third thing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1297 on: September 29, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
With only a week to go until the real thing, my LSAT practice test score has not only not increased, it's gone down.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Adami

« Reply #1298 on: September 29, 2012, 10:34:52 PM »
With only a week to go until the real thing, my LSAT practice test score has not only not increased, it's gone down.

.............at least something is going down on you.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1299 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »
If you don't do well on the LSAT, it's not the end of the world. Bright side - you can take it next year and get some job experience as well to help you with law school applications.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1300 on: September 30, 2012, 05:40:56 AM »
I can't take it next year. I only have this one and the December test and that's it.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1301 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »
Why can't you just take it again if you don't do well?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1302 on: October 01, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »
The more times you take it, even if you get a higher score, the worse of a reflection it is on the application. As some admissions board members explained at a law board I attended, by round three they assume you got a good score because you've done the test so many times, not because you actually improved.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1303 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
So I've been having work done on my teeth since June... 13 cavities filled and now wisdom teeth extracted. It does serve me right for not going to a dentist for so long. It's really draining on me right now. I haven't felt normal or had a painless mouth day in at least a month. The past two weeks have been incredibly hard. When do I go back to normal and get to eat something without being in pain? When can I have a restful night without having to wake up and take pain meds or get an ice pack? I just want to be normal again!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1304 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
The more times you take it, even if you get a higher score, the worse of a reflection it is on the application. As some admissions board members explained at a law board I attended, by round three they assume you got a good score because you've done the test so many times, not because you actually improved.
Do you have to tell them you took the test before?

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1305 on: October 01, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
I don't want to get into too much detail, so I'll just say that I'm VERY angry.  So much so that I have to work to keep it at bay.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1306 on: October 01, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »
Do you have to tell them you took the test before?

When you sign up for these kinds of tests, you choose which schools you want your results forwarded to.  I also believe that all future test results contain your past scores as well, if you want to only send a hard copy of your latest result.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1307 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »
Yeah, law school applications primarily are done through the Law School Admission Council, who automatically receive all of your tests with scores and writing samples. I've seen a sample application before, and it's automatically printed on your application in the bottom left corner of your complete transcript, as from an electronic form. So you couldn't really conceal past attempts even if you wanted to.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1308 on: October 01, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
That's silly that they care about previous attempts though. All that should really matter is your most recent attempt, IMO, because that's the best representation of where you're at.

Anyway you should just change your name or something. Beat the system.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1309 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
The reason they do that is so you can keep sending in results if you're not happy with your first attempt. And to catch fraud. But yeah.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1310 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
So I've been having work done on my teeth since June... 13 cavities filled and now wisdom teeth extracted. It does serve me right for not going to a dentist for so long. It's really draining on me right now. I haven't felt normal or had a painless mouth day in at least a month. The past two weeks have been incredibly hard. When do I go back to normal and get to eat something without being in pain? When can I have a restful night without having to wake up and take pain meds or get an ice pack? I just want to be normal again!

Part of your problem with pain might not be how well you took care of your teeth, but that you're just a tiny person to begin with, everything is kind of cramped.  I didn't have to take any pain medication when I had my wisdom teeth removed, and my sister only needed some the day she had them removed.  We're both tall and bigger framed people than you, and a girl I went to HS with that is also a tiny thing like yourself has had all kinds of complications when she's had dental work done.  Not saying that 4 people is a good sample size, but it also kind of makes sense.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1311 on: October 10, 2012, 07:22:59 PM »
So... I have a good coworker friend who used to be on night/swing shift with me (he's been on days for several years) who I've worked with since the late 1990s.  Extremely witty/funny bloke.  Well... I had a rather unsettling encounter with him last week that caused me to talk to a mutual coworker friend about it earlier today - she told me that what I witnessed was not an isolated incident, as I'd originally thought.

Long story short, he's not who he used to be.  Could be early onset dementia/Alzheimers.  According to the mutual friend, he's been losing his mental faculties/capability for about a year and a half to two years.  He's apparently also been being very stubborn/hostile if anyone mentions getting this checked out medically.

It's just extremely sad that the cool gent I once knew isn't "there" anymore. :'(

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1312 on: October 10, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »
That sucks Deb.  Worse still when it's a parent (as I'm going through).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1313 on: October 10, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
I'm fucking pissed off at the moment, because of multiple things that have piled up over a larger amount of time. It's got to do with relationships and assholes interfering. I'm just feeling worthless at the moment.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1314 on: October 10, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »
That sucks Deb.  Worse still when it's a parent (as I'm going through).

"Losing" a parent like that has to be one of the most difficult things I can think of.  My thoughts/good vibes are with ya, bud. :heart

Other Rich - :hug:

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1315 on: October 11, 2012, 01:13:56 AM »

Yeah, they still excist.....
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1316 on: October 27, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
Bumping this thread because f*ck, some people should stick to their own lives and not interfere with mine. I know perfectly well what I'm doing, whatever the hell it is and I make damn sure I let the right people know my own secrets and I know very well what people do and don't know about me. Stop f*cking making shit up about me that you don't know anything about. I feel like punching a certain person in the face at the moment and I'm not like this usually, although this may seem the case occasionally. I'm a very pacifistic person, but I'm very angry right now. Things are screwed up beyond my control and I'm gonna make sure this person knows what he's done.

/rant

(the joy of being a student I suppose, fuck)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #1317 on: October 29, 2012, 08:16:53 AM »
Well, I guess I got some confirmation today of some depressing news....per january first next year, I'll be out of a job.
I guess I already knew it was coming, but there was a minicule chance my contract would get prolongued...or however you say that.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted....next!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1318 on: October 29, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
I'm feeling similar to Elite *hugs Elite* what's ridiculous is that I'm so patient and I always try to bring out the best side of people and if you're a jerk of such magnitude that you manage to anger ME, sorry to break it to you but I think everyone else in your life must hate you as well.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1319 on: October 29, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »
Well, I guess I got some confirmation today of some depressing news....per january first next year, I'll be out of a job.
I guess I already knew it was coming, but there was a minicule chance my contract would get prolongued...or however you say that.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted....next!

:hug:

I hate to do the cryptic girl thing, honestly, but... really sad about not being able to chat with a good friend.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1320 on: October 29, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
I hate to do the cryptic girl thing, honestly, but... really sad about not being able to chat with a good friend.
I hate it when that happens *hugs you*

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1321 on: October 29, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »
I hate it when that happens *hugs you*

Yeah, it really sucks. *hugs you back*

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #1322 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »
Alright, when did I got kicked out of this huggin´  :yeahright

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1323 on: October 29, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »
 :lol :rollin :lol

MEGA :hug:

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
*joins* :hug:

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1325 on: October 29, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
HUGFEST! :)

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #1326 on: October 29, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
I want something to smash with my bare hands.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1327 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »
 :(

Burn the m-fer down?

Offline Adami

« Reply #1328 on: October 29, 2012, 11:28:29 PM »
I want something to smash with my bare hands.

This one? No, too feeble.

This one…yes, perhaps. Yes. This one shall do nicely.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #1329 on: October 30, 2012, 01:27:25 AM »
Ended up getting drunk on a Monday night instead. Good job Alex, good job.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3