Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 254973 times)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #2345 on: September 17, 2023, 04:00:14 AM »
Count…agree regarding counseling. And start writing a daily journal. I did it eons ago, and it really helped. Do it old school with pen and paper.

I read your Jets MNF recap. There are those moments to keep one going 👍
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2346 on: September 17, 2023, 04:34:02 AM »
Thank you. We are trying to be positive. I'm glad my wife is proactive.  We went through lymphoma with me when I was 30 for 2 years. I hope my strong wife doesn't have to go through it.

This is the sort of shit one needs to read and remember when they think they have it rough when something small and insignificant occurs in their day, myself included.  Much respect and love mate!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2347 on: September 17, 2023, 02:27:41 PM »
Count…agree regarding counseling. And start writing a daily journal. I did it eons ago, and it really helped. Do it old school with pen and paper.

I read your Jets MNF recap. There are those moments to keep one going 👍

Thank you. I’ve been trying to lean on the things I love through all of this. It certainly helps.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2348 on: September 18, 2023, 09:55:01 AM »
Thank you guys. We are staying positive.

We're going through this too.   :heart to you both.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2349 on: September 18, 2023, 02:57:55 PM »
Depression just sucks.  I've been in a really bad place for about a month now (while being off and on for a year and a half), and having trouble finding the will, desire, and motivation to get out of it.  I was just about at a point of being 'good', then shit just comes crashing down... like a two ton heavy thing.

:-\

Damn, sorry to hear this.  Hope things come around for you, and as others have stated, we are here for you as well.  Feel free to reach out.

Durring our vacation my wife felt a lump on her breast. We went in for an ultrasound.   Hoping it's a cyst.

We've had all we can this year already.

Oh man, you really have had a terrible year.  Stay positive, which I'm sure is like almost impossible, but you've been strong through all of this year's challenges.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2350 on: September 25, 2023, 09:14:23 AM »
This year can go to hell.  1st, my dad passes away.  Then both my brother's family and mine had to put our cats down a month after dad passed. 

Now, my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  We can't catch a break.  I think we caught it early.  We'll know more Thursday after our consult.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2351 on: September 25, 2023, 09:18:22 AM »
 :heart :heart :heart Hoping it's early and can be taken care of.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2352 on: September 25, 2023, 09:27:22 AM »
The Queen will be in our thoughts.  Hope for a quick recovery.  There's only a few more months this year.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2353 on: September 25, 2023, 10:35:04 AM »
I agree that this year can go and fuck right the hell off. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2354 on: September 25, 2023, 12:30:43 PM »
I agree that this year can go and fuck right the hell off.

Agreed but can't we say that about the 3 before it? And is 2024 going to be a glorious highlight reel of excellence? ...... Shits just getting worse.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2355 on: September 25, 2023, 12:41:14 PM »
This year can go to hell.  1st, my dad passes away.  Then both my brother's family and mine had to put our cats down a month after dad passed. 

Now, my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  We can't catch a break.  I think we caught it early.  We'll know more Thursday after our consult.

Thinking about you both, brother.  Peace.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2356 on: September 25, 2023, 01:47:05 PM »

Praying for you both mate.  :heart

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2357 on: September 25, 2023, 02:21:27 PM »

Thinking about you and the Queen. Glad youbdidnt wait around to get it checked out :heart

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2358 on: September 25, 2023, 06:02:38 PM »
When Mrs. DA had her lymph node test last year, the waiting period was excruciating.

Hang on in there, Joe :tup
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2359 on: September 25, 2023, 06:20:10 PM »
Thank you. We're being positive. A good thing is they scaned Lisa's armpit because she felt pain which is  sign that it's affecting thr lympnodes but the scan found nothing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2360 on: September 25, 2023, 07:21:57 PM »
Guess what I tested positive for today?  >:( :censored

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2361 on: September 25, 2023, 07:25:02 PM »

Hairy hands?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2362 on: September 25, 2023, 07:25:09 PM »

A can-do attitude?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2363 on: September 25, 2023, 07:32:08 PM »
Besides those. I thought my allergies were really bad but its Covid. Good times.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2364 on: September 25, 2023, 07:37:34 PM »
Besides those. I thought my allergies were really bad but its Covid. Good times.

Got the sniffles or are you feeling sick?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2365 on: September 25, 2023, 07:39:06 PM »
Last year at this time I caught it as well.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2366 on: September 25, 2023, 07:40:49 PM »

Got the sniffles or are you feeling sick?

Sniffles, sneezing, cough, raspy throat. (I'm a NyQuil advertisement).

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2367 on: September 25, 2023, 10:40:50 PM »
Last year at this time I caught it as well.

Hairy hands, too!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2368 on: September 26, 2023, 03:18:41 AM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2369 on: September 26, 2023, 03:21:53 AM »
Is hairy hands a contagious disease?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2370 on: September 26, 2023, 03:22:18 AM »
Seriously though, feel better quick Tom.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2371 on: September 26, 2023, 07:42:50 AM »
^
I should have included this along with my little joke above.

I also hope the rest of the family is OK.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2372 on: September 26, 2023, 10:38:21 AM »

After spending the past year plus watching my wife go through hell with all of her lung issues, I wouldn't wish anyone see their spouse go through stuff like that. I legit thought I might lose her at some point. We've been together 24 years now.

Definitely thinking about you and hoping for the best.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2373 on: September 26, 2023, 12:52:26 PM »
Seriously though, feel better quick Tom.

Thanks Kade.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2374 on: September 26, 2023, 12:53:24 PM »
^
I should have included this along with my little joke above.

I also hope the rest of the family is OK.

Thanks! So far everyone else is ok. Been keeping distance best I can.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2375 on: September 26, 2023, 12:58:21 PM »

Hoping it was caught early and it can be removed.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2376 on: September 26, 2023, 01:01:04 PM »

That's awful. I'm sorry to hear all of this.  :heart

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2377 on: September 26, 2023, 02:51:20 PM »

Sending love, mate.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2378 on: October 13, 2023, 01:30:13 PM »
Feeling very off emotionally lately, not good at all. Questioning my purpose, what's left for me, and shit like that. I basically lost my entire family in the last few years. Everything seems so hollow and gray. I really need to dig deep because this isn't going away. Its all on me to figure it out and its not happening. I may need to make some major changes and let go of a lot.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2379 on: October 13, 2023, 01:48:39 PM »
Feeling very off emotionally lately, not good at all. Questioning my purpose, what's left for me, and shit like that. I basically lost my entire family in the last few years. Everything seems so hollow and gray. I really need to dig deep because this isn't going away. Its all on me to figure it out and its not happening. I may need to make some major changes and let go of a lot.

Well, if it means anything, you've been a great addition to the DTF roster. Personally, I'm thankful you joined.