Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 252448 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #2065 on: December 20, 2021, 12:02:49 PM »
 :'( :'(

I'm seriously here in tears over this.  So tragic.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2066 on: December 20, 2021, 01:34:47 PM »
You got me with the last paragraph; it's your time, your story, but suffice that I experienced a very similar thing when my friend Mary passed (also of a cardiac event, also at a criminally young age). 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2067 on: December 20, 2021, 03:23:17 PM »
That was a touching and heartbreaking read Harmony.  I'm very sorry for your loss.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2068 on: December 21, 2021, 05:26:38 AM »
I echo everyone else, Harmony. I'm not good at this, so forgive me. I'll be thinking of you with sympathy.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Glasser

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2072 on: December 24, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »
As an academic myself, that is rather irritating.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2073 on: December 26, 2021, 04:02:05 PM »
Just got a call from a coworker. A long time coworker and friend suffered a massive heart attack this weekend and is expected to pass tonight. I talk with him all the time. I've been to his condo in Chicago several times. He sends Christmas goodies to my family every year. He worked on Thursday. We talked. Everything was fine. Now it's not. We built so much together at our job and it feels like a limb has been cut off. This is the second close friend I have lost on the job in the last 2 years. It just sucks.

Then, while reaching out to an even longer coworker and friend to let him know what is going on, he tells me his wife passed on Wednesday from cancer. He hadn't even told anyone yet. Talk about a gut punch. I lost my love for this holiday a long time ago. This has made me hate it that much more.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2074 on: December 26, 2021, 04:03:26 PM »
Jesus, man. WTF? That is quite an awful post. So sorry to hear all that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2075 on: December 26, 2021, 04:08:52 PM »
Just got a call from a coworker. A long time coworker and friend suffered a massive heart attack this weekend and is expected to pass tonight. I talk with him all the time. I've been to his condo in Chicago several times. He sends Christmas goodies to my family every year. He worked on Thursday. We talked. Everything was fine. Now it's not. We built so much together at our job and it feels like a limb has been cut off. This is the second close friend I have lost on the job in the last 2 years. It just sucks.

Then, while reaching out to an even longer coworker and friend to let him know what is going on, he tells me his wife passed on Wednesday from cancer. He hadn't even told anyone yet. Talk about a gut punch. I lost my love for this holiday a long time ago. This has made me hate it that much more.

I’m sick to my stomach reading this and literally feel your pain. I’m so very sorry. Sending strength and prayers to you!!!! 😞

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2076 on: December 26, 2021, 05:37:56 PM »
This isn't a jab at you Professor, as I am confident you have your reasons. But I feel bad when people do not enjoy the holiday season.

For reasons I haven't mentioned here, and won't for now, my wife is furious at my mom and is avoiding even being in the same room as her. We worked around that on Christmas as my parents were at my sister's house, and I took the kids there for a couple hours. Add to that my wife's parents had to cancel their trip here at the last minute because her dad was in too much pain due to a pinched nerve. Her sister is here at least, and everyone is in good spirits. But when my wife kept asking me what I want for Christmas, I just wanted to shout at her all I wanted was for our families to be together.

"Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store; Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2077 on: December 27, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »
But when my wife kept asking me what I want for Christmas, I just wanted to shout at her all I wanted was for our families to be together.

This is what Christmas always was to me as money was never really a thing for us. Christmas Eve was always my Dad's family and Christmas Day was Mom's. It was more about being together than anything else. Then, it's like a switch was flipped. Maybe 18 or so years ago. The gatherings just stopped. I have not had Christmas with either side of my family in that time. Actually, all gatherings seem to have stopped. They stopped on my Dad's side when my Grandma died. Not even sure what happened on Mom's, but they just stopped inviting us and then when Mom died, it's like we don't exist. My Uncle (Mom's brother) died over the Summer. He lived in Missouri. Everyone assumed that me and my sister would not show for the service. They were shocked when we walked in the room.

These last few years, Christmas has been owned by my narcissist mother-in-law. I'm not good enough. My kids aren't good enough. My wife needs to leave me and move back home to be their slave, etc. This year my daughter refused to go and I got word yesterday that my son has proclaimed he wants nothing to do with my mother-in-law and stepfather-in-law anymore. He has autism and they railed on him all week. Called him stupid and incapable of learning basic life lessons.

Next year may be my first Christmas with my family in some time. We'll see. My wife always gives into her mother. I guarantee my kids won't be going. I will honor their wishes.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2078 on: January 23, 2022, 11:05:53 AM »
My father has dementia and alzheimer since a couple of years and this year it has gotten worse and more noticable. He often says that he dosen't believe he's at home when he's at home. My mother has a tough time convincing him that he's infact at home.
Sometimes when I visit he want's me to drive him home because his wife (my mother) dosen't wanna call a taxi which is actually kinda funny.

Since non of my siblings lives at home anymore my mother has it really rough and that's the part that's really saddens me. I can see that it's wearing her down and it won't get easier either.
The fact that you can't really help or do anything about it is the frustrating part. I try to call and visit as often as I can, all my siblings do and be as supportive as we can.

He's slowling fading away and that thought makes me so sad.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2079 on: January 23, 2022, 11:35:02 AM »
My father has dementia and alzheimer since a couple of years and this year it has gotten worse and more noticable. He often says that he dosen't believe he's at home when he's at home. My mother has a tough time convincing him that he's infact at home.
Sometimes when I visit he want's me to drive him home because his wife (my mother) dosen't wanna call a taxi which is actually kinda funny.

Since non of my siblings lives at home anymore my mother has it really rough and that's the part that's really saddens me. I can see that it's wearing her down and it won't get easier either.
The fact that you can't really help or do anything about it is the frustrating part. I try to call and visit as often as I can, all my siblings do and be as supportive as we can.

I'm so so sorry you are going through this. I know this pain, its almost like you feel guilty not being there 24/7 but having you're own responsibilities make it impossible. After losing my father to brain cancer as the pandemic started my mom has been slowly slipping away emotionally and now she will not eat or take her diabetes and blood pressure meds let alone tend to her personal hygiene. She is losing a sense of reality and she looks hollow when I look in her eyes and now she is starting to fall frequently, its horrific. Shes 71 but used to be so strong. My heart is TRULY with you and you're family. If you ever need to vent or talk please reach out.  :heart

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2080 on: January 23, 2022, 11:47:00 AM »

I'm so so sorry you are going through this. I know this pain, its almost like you feel guilty not being there 24/7 but having you're own responsibilities make it impossible. After losing my father to brain cancer as the pandemic started my mom has been slowly slipping away emotionally and now she will not eat or take her diabetes and blood pressure meds let alone tend to her personal hygiene. She is losing a sense of reality and she looks hollow when I look in her eyes and now she is starting to fall frequently, its horrific. Shes 71 but used to be so strong. My heart is TRULY with you and you're family. If you ever need to vent or talk please reach out.  :heart
Thank you so much for the words.  :heart I say the same about your mother, so sorry to hear that.

To see your parents become weaker is just so heartbreaking. We all have to go through it one way or the other but it's always equally hard I think.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2081 on: January 23, 2022, 12:31:04 PM »
My thoughts are with you, guys.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #2082 on: January 23, 2022, 10:24:55 PM »
I just noticed Kotowboy has not posted in 2 months or been active. (According to his profile).  Hope he is doing ok.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2083 on: January 24, 2022, 12:53:34 AM »
I just noticed Kotowboy has not posted in 2 months or been active. (According to his profile).  Hope he is doing ok.

I thought about him too the other day.  Couldn't help but to think negative things but yeah hopefully he's okay.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2084 on: January 24, 2022, 05:31:44 AM »

I thought about him too the other day.  Couldn't help but to think negative things but yeah hopefully he's okay.

He got perma banned - check his post history and you'll see why.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2085 on: January 25, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »

He got perma banned - check his post history and you'll see why.

:lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2086 on: January 25, 2022, 01:19:37 PM »
Ah ha.  :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2087 on: January 25, 2022, 04:24:50 PM »
He never should have called Hef, bald. SMH
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2088 on: March 06, 2022, 03:16:02 PM »
Man I've been in a funk the last week. A lot of it has to do with Ukraine. I don't have family there or any roots, and have a single friend who was born there... But what's going on is fucking awful... And I think it's been enough to push me over the edge. The constant saturation of bad news on the news (lots of other shit as well as Ukraine) as well as on Social Media has totally burned me out.

It's a bummer because social media is usually a good way for me to get away. Scrolling through FB/Tik Tok / Insta / Twitter... But now it's all just doom scrolling. Hard to get away from it though since at least 1/4 of our income comes from social media and having to follow trends and shit (part of my GFs income comes from Instagram).

I've been trying really hard, especially since I started working again, to keep a positive attitude. Meds and therapy really do help, but like .. idk.

What makes it even worse is my other half has been in a decent mood and we have plans to go do shit on my "weekend" (Tues and Wednesday), which is rare because shit in our relationship, and I'm still like "meh".

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Skeever

« Reply #2089 on: July 19, 2022, 11:07:28 AM »
I've been having a lot of health issues recently, and the anxiety is starting to get to me.
I've been sick on regular basis since my son started daycare a year ago. It IS getting better (went from a new cold/flu every week, to maybe something every 3-4 weeks). But after bout 2 of Hand, Foot, and Mouth last month, I had an incredible scare where my joints locked up and I lost like 70% of my grip strength/fine motor skills for 1-2 days. Then, last night, I was so tired and sick feeling, and I kept having chills that were causing involuntary tremors in my whole body. I just felt so sad, like something was seriously wrong with me. I can't even imagine getting some kind of horrible diagnosis and knowing that I won't be healthy enough to play as active a role in my son's life as I want. Even now, I've been letting Mommy do a lot of the heavy lifting. I've just been really sore/stiff lately, in addition to exhausted, and rarely feeling well.

Went through a whole thing with Orthopedics, doing a nerve test on my arm and everything, but nothing turned up. So next step is to talk to my GP about getting some kind of blood work done to evaluate potential arthritis.

On another note: the chills and full body tremors are something that I never experienced except as a side-effect to shot 3 of the vaccine. So now I've got that paranoia working for me.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2090 on: July 19, 2022, 12:08:09 PM »
Not much to be happy about these days.  Small doses here and there, that's about it.  :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2091 on: July 19, 2022, 12:25:19 PM »
I've been having a lot of health issues recently, and the anxiety is starting to get to me.
I've been sick on regular basis since my son started daycare a year ago. It IS getting better (went from a new cold/flu every week, to maybe something every 3-4 weeks). But after bout 2 of Hand, Foot, and Mouth last month, I had an incredible scare where my joints locked up and I lost like 70% of my grip strength/fine motor skills for 1-2 days. Then, last night, I was so tired and sick feeling, and I kept having chills that were causing involuntary tremors in my whole body. I just felt so sad, like something was seriously wrong with me. I can't even imagine getting some kind of horrible diagnosis and knowing that I won't be healthy enough to play as active a role in my son's life as I want. Even now, I've been letting Mommy do a lot of the heavy lifting. I've just been really sore/stiff lately, in addition to exhausted, and rarely feeling well.

Went through a whole thing with Orthopedics, doing a nerve test on my arm and everything, but nothing turned up. So next step is to talk to my GP about getting some kind of blood work done to evaluate potential arthritis.

On another note: the chills and full body tremors are something that I never experienced except as a side-effect to shot 3 of the vaccine. So now I've got that paranoia working for me.

That's terrifying, but good that you are taking steps to see if there is a diagnosis. Hope is nothing major/serious.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2092 on: July 19, 2022, 12:32:34 PM »

That sounds terrible and scary.  I hope the doctors can find out what's causing all this. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2093 on: August 31, 2022, 01:32:37 PM »
 I genuinely don't get the point of existence. Happiness is never without trial and not every one has the will power to endure what life throws at them. I don't want to live just to pay taxes and wallow in poverty for another 20 or 30 years. I cannot believe that I even made it to 52 with how little talent I have. Life sucks and I want off this mortal coil, maybe then I'll have the complete freedom that life cannot bring me. Just really tired and needed to vent. I really try to be optimistic but I keep falling.  :|
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 01:37:49 PM by Glasser »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2094 on: August 31, 2022, 02:29:37 PM »
Much love to you, Brother. You've been an amazing addition to DTF, and your posts have quickly become one of the must reads for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2095 on: August 31, 2022, 06:32:22 PM »
I genuinely don't get the point of existence. Happiness is never without trial and not every one has the will power to endure what life throws at them. I don't want to live just to pay taxes and wallow in poverty for another 20 or 30 years. I cannot believe that I even made it to 52 with how little talent I have. Life sucks and I want off this mortal coil, maybe then I'll have the complete freedom that life cannot bring me. Just really tired and needed to vent. I really try to be optimistic but I keep falling.  :|

Tom, you've kind of summed up a lot of thoughts I've had the last six months.  I kind of have a lot of thoughts I could express but I'm at my desk on my phone and wouldn't know where to start.

Just know, that you are certainly not alone in your thinking.  As Tim said, you've become an integral part of this family here and we value you greatly. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2096 on: August 31, 2022, 10:46:14 PM »
There was a period in the late 90s where I struggled finding reasons to enjoy life. I played the game of wondering who would show up at my funeral if I didn't wake up in the morning, and didn't come up with many answers. There were a couple, and that helped me keep going. Somewhere along the way I made some changes in my life and altered my perspective on things that improved my outlook. I wish I could pinpoint a specific event or circumstance, but looking back it was more gradual than that. No light bulb went off, no catalyst spurred the change. What I do remember is that I made the choice to not base my life around my worth to others. That sounds selfish typing it out, but what I did was to make sure I took care of myself, and found pockets of happiness wherever I could, without worrying if anyone cared about me, or what their expectations of me may be. I was the one person who I would always have to live with, so keeping that in mind helped me appreciate me more. 

Glasser, I can't say I know much about you, so I am not necessarily directing this at you. I have been questioning life lately myself, so "how did I get where I am today?" has been on my mind. I've made a ton of mistakes and hurt many people along the way to 46. Some of them still weigh on me daily. But I can't do anything about that. I will do my best to live for today, and tomorrow when I get up I will do the same.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2097 on: September 01, 2022, 07:54:34 AM »

Tom, you've kind of summed up a lot of thoughts I've had the last six months.  I kind of have a lot of thoughts I could express but I'm at my desk on my phone and wouldn't know where to start.

Just know, that you are certainly not alone in your thinking.  As Tim said, you've become an integral part of this family here and we value you greatly.

The notion of "perspective" is fascinating to me.  I read statements like this - and I'm respectful of your feelings - but then I think from my perspective, and I'm with TAC: you both bring a lot of joy and positivity to not just my life, but others here as well.  I know it's just words, but to the extent it helps you both, I look forward to talking with both of you here and experiencing your perspectives on the music (and other topics) we all share. 

Specifically for Wolfking, watching you play your guitar is always a treat, and very entertaining (in a good way).

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2098 on: September 01, 2022, 02:05:08 PM »
I'm sorry to dump my bullshit here as it is pathetic but this thread is here for a reason. I appreciate you all very much, and Stadler, you say they are just words but it means a lot. We all have shit to deal with but sometimes it gets to a boiling point and I question it all. I'm going through a lot right now. Without getting detailed I'm still grieving my parents passings, physical crap, emotional crap, blah blah.... I literally feel the Holidays coming and outside my wife and kids which I am grateful for, my family is gone, and sadly now I'm that grumpy guy who wants the holidays over with. I have a level of comfort here so what you all say does make a difference. I truly love this forum and the comradery. Thank you!  :heart
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 02:11:04 PM by Glasser »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2099 on: September 01, 2022, 02:58:41 PM »
Thanks Bill.  I appreciate that we've been able to get a lot closer this year.  I'm doing okay I just can relate to Tom.  I still think I want to put some thoughts down to try and help Tom with his posts but it's a busy week and I have an audit going on at work this morning in an hour.  :facepalm:

Work is another thing that can be brought up.  This endless fucking Groundhog Day of shit over and over just to earn a living, good lord!