Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 138200 times)

Offline Adami

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1855 on: January 25, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »
Oh man, thanks for reminding me!

So the disciplinary meeting went just fine. The people involved were very supportive and nice and were basically rolling their eyes at the charges in general.

A month later I was officially cleared of all charges, passed the class and it was all dropped.

I wasn't done however. So I was one of like 10 people accused of something, and one of the few who got off. So myself and a bunch of other people formally submitted grievances about the teacher at hand.

This resulted in multiple phone calls/meetings with high ups at the school.

That teacher no longer works for the school.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1856 on: January 25, 2018, 10:18:23 AM »
Oh man, thanks for reminding me!

So the disciplinary meeting went just fine. The people involved were very supportive and nice and were basically rolling their eyes at the charges in general.

A month later I was officially cleared of all charges, passed the class and it was all dropped.

I wasn't done however. So I was one of like 10 people accused of something, and one of the few who got off. So myself and a bunch of other people formally submitted grievances about the teacher at hand.

This resulted in multiple phone calls/meetings with high ups at the school.

That teacher no longer works for the school.

When I went to WCSU, I had a professor for Microeconomics who may have been the worst professor I have ever had. It was his first year teaching, and the dude was straight off a boat from Nigeria. You could understand about every 8th word he said.

Anyway, 35 people started the class. I was one of 7 who stuck around to take the final. All 7 of us who took the final failed the class. A couple of us made quite a stink over it. We got refunded for the class and the guy got put on academic probation. He was gone the following semester.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #1857 on: January 25, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »
Had a similar situation at UConn.   I switched into Engineering after my first two years, and so had to take a ton of prerequisite classes, sometimes concurrently or out of order, with the help of a sympathetic adviser.   One class - Mechanics of Materials - was a first year class, but I didn't get to take it until Spring of my fourth year (I took five years to graduate).   Now, in my last four semesters I literally got all A's, except for one D, in that class.  Among other things, he claimed I didn't turn in any homework.  I went in to talk with him, and he said that, so I produced ALL the homework, WITH HIS GRADE ON TOP.   He said "you could have produced that after the fact".  I'm like, you just told me you had no homework grades, and standing right in front of you I pulled them out?  What am I, Doug fucking Henning (this was 1989)?   

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #1858 on: January 25, 2018, 11:11:11 PM »
Hi....I’m the guy who has never vented on DTF before. 

3 years ago, a wonderful mother of 3 from my congregation (and a friend in music...one of the few I had) was out on a motorcycle excursion with her family in Northern California.   A logging truck spilled.  Her husband (also my friend) broke his spine.  The two sons were out in front and missed everything.   She was killed instantly. 

A year and a half ago, an older friend of mine succomed to cancer.....one year later, his son who was only 35 (and a close friend of my son) also died of cancer. 

In March of 2017 my mother in law (who my wife and I had been taking care of in our home for 12 years) died at the age of 92.

2 months ago, a dear friend that I was once very close to, but had lost touch with, died of a heart attack.  (Don’t wait to tell someone how much they mean to you).

1 week later, my brothers best friend died of liver failure.   I had 2 funerals in two weeks.....3 in one month. 

And just to put the cherry on top....the holidays are particularly hard on people.    My company has had 3 suicides in the last month.  One I knew personally (though not for very long)...a second one I had no contact with at all.   The third was only 27 years old, and an apprentice of a close friend.  What’s even worse was that this kid called him to say “I’m setting my house on fire, please come pick up my pet snake”, then hung up.   My friend didn’t get there fast enough.   The kid committed “suicide by cop” because he decided to come out with all guns blazing when the cops showed up to respond to the fire.    Think what you want about the kid...but he left people behind who will never be the same...especially my friend.   

And just being surrounded by death (on top of being the full time cargiver to my wife who is disabled both physically and mentally (bipolar)) had put me in a pretty deep state of funk.   

I am seeing a therapist next week.   My regular therapist moved out of my area...and actually told me before she left that she didnt think I needed therapy at all.....but that was before ALL OF THIS happened.   

Can I be done with death for a little while please????
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1859 on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:26 PM »
Hey guys.  Apologies for the bump.  I'm not really one to open up at all in an online forum, but here goes.

I think I am feeling depression for whatever reason, and I do think it's starting to affect the way I interact with people at work (and I'm introverted as it is).  I think my co-workers are getting annoyed about how I speak to them and the way I approach certain things that goes with the job (nothing unethical or immoral, but they see it as a redundancy that's not needed like asking a lot of questions and being relatively noisy of what they did to approach certain scenarios).  The fact that I know this sort of observation is happening, and it is not the way I wanted my work relationships to be, is making me feel worst.

I honestly do not have the right approach on how to resolve this issue that's happening with me and it's making me feel like I don't want to do anything at all.  Where do I begin?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:32:49 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #1860 on: March 17, 2018, 07:20:20 AM »
I honestly do not have the right approach on how to resolve this issue that's happening with me and it's making me feel like I don't want to do anything at all.  Where do I begin?

That's certainly a symptom of depression.  If this behaviour at work is new for you, my suggestion would be to not necessarily focus on addressing that behaviour specifically, but rather the deeper issue of depression (assuming this is what you have).  Do some research into depression to see if it really might be that, vs just one specific issue swirling around in your mind at the moment.  Personally, I used themighty.com and sicknotweak.com.  Beyond that, do things that you love to do - whatever that might be.  Force yourself to do it - nothing is worse than living inside a depressed mind - our own voices can be the worst and most damaging sometimes.

And remember, there's a difference between depression and being sad/worried/upset/in a funk/etc...
I didn't know I could handle another 10 inches and it was rough but in the end I'm glad I did it.
warflwwcesfw.
That's meme-speak for "We are really f*****g lazy when we can't eve say full words".

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1861 on: June 05, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »
So...

I learned some family info that is really throwing me for an emotional roller coaster. I don't plan on sharing it publicly... but I am also not sure how I want to go about handling it.

Ever feel so completely betrayed that you become sick to your stomach?

Yea.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1862 on: June 05, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
So...

I learned some family info that is really throwing me for an emotional roller coaster. I don't plan on sharing it publicly... but I am also not sure how I want to go about handling it.

Ever feel so completely betrayed that you become sick to your stomach?

Yea.

Yes. Definitely.

When me and my uncle had a falling out, he went to my grandmother and said I hated her and hated living with her. (I was happily living with her at the time and I had no where else to go)

So he lied to hurt me. and if this would have been escalated, then I would have been homeless.
Don't play with me, cause you're playing with fire