Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 254339 times)

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1715 on: May 28, 2014, 10:05:38 PM »
-
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 09:11:46 AM by MajorMatt »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1716 on: May 28, 2014, 11:18:47 PM »
Well, you got the family history, the depression/anxiety, and that FWIW at the end is very telling. I'd keep an eye on it, that's the trinity for a long drinking career. If you need to talk, pm me. Hang in there man.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1717 on: May 29, 2014, 06:52:26 AM »
Thanks for the response RJ. I'm gonna try and up my game in terms of keeping an eye on things. I may take up your PM offer, thanks.  :)

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #1718 on: June 03, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »
So, a couple of monts back I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder (type 2). Kinda sucks!
After almost three months of severe depression and beeing hospitalized for three weeks Im starting to feel better.
It´s pretty wierd, but I feel a kind of relief. For almost 11 years I´ve had the feeling that something wasn´t completely right.
I couldn´t understand why i had these long periods with depression, sometimes for no reason at all. And all of a sudden I get these short periods where I feel on top of the world, with the strength to manage anything.
It finally makes sense, and it feels ok to finally have a diagnose.
At the same time I feel a bit hopeless, since i know this is a cronic disease that i have to live with for the rest of my life.
Thankfully we have one of the best health systems in the world in Norway, and medications for this type of disorder have come a long way the last 10-20 years.
So.. thats my story!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1719 on: June 15, 2014, 06:00:04 AM »
Father's day isn't so much fun for someone who never met their Father.

I'll just hang out in here today.

Offline Cable

« Reply #1720 on: June 15, 2014, 07:11:14 AM »
So, a couple of monts back I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder (type 2). Kinda sucks!
After almost three months of severe depression and beeing hospitalized for three weeks Im starting to feel better.
It´s pretty wierd, but I feel a kind of relief. For almost 11 years I´ve had the feeling that something wasn´t completely right.
I couldn´t understand why i had these long periods with depression, sometimes for no reason at all. And all of a sudden I get these short periods where I feel on top of the world, with the strength to manage anything.
At the same time I feel a bit hopeless, since i know this is a cronic disease that i have to live with for the rest of my life.
Thankfully we have one of the best health systems in the world in Norway, and medications for this type of disorder have come a long way the last 10-20 years.
So.. thats my story!

I am quite happy to hear you have found answers! Bipolar disorder is difficult, but you have made the right step! It is a shame there is no cure, as it's up there with others in being severe (and trivialized by society :-/), but view it as a completely managble condition.

Certainly medication will help, and is the primary wing of treatment for Bipolar. As a therapist, I do encourage you to try that as well. It can help with some of the smaller stuff, and build a support system among other things.
---

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1721 on: June 15, 2014, 07:20:05 AM »
I wonder if I am Bipolar...

Like - on Friday I went out for the day with my brother and his 4 year old & had a great time.

But as soon as we got back to the house after - I felt absolutely terrible - for no reason.

Just completely miserable.

Other times I can spend all day making a song and be really happy and proud of it.

Then I can get up the next day and listen to it - decide it's fucking dreadful and scrap it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1722 on: June 15, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »
I wonder if I am Bipolar...

Like - on Friday I went out for the day with my brother and his 4 year old & had a great time.

But as soon as we got back to the house after - I felt absolutely terrible - for no reason.

Just completely miserable.

I was experiencing that pretty much non-stop from age 20 up until 25. One day up, the next day down.

I would be wildly creative, triumphantly confident and ready conquer the entire world on one particular day, almost like "high on life" in a way, but then it would turn and all I wanted to do was be alone. I didn't feel joy, I felt almost nothingness. And the worst part was when people just wouldn't understand, and me not being able to explain.

This is a horrible feeling and I understand how hard it can be.

Here's an interesting video of Steven Fry explaining it a little bit and when I watched this, things kind of made more sense. And it also made me feel a lot better to know that I wasn't alone in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqMcAeLWO9c

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #1723 on: June 15, 2014, 08:09:47 AM »
So.. thats my story!

I am quite happy to hear you have found answers! Bipolar disorder is difficult, but you have made the right step! It is a shame there is no cure, as it's up there with others in being severe (and trivialized by society :-/), but view it as a completely managble condition.

Certainly medication will help, and is the primary wing of treatment for Bipolar. As a therapist, I do encourage you to try that as well. It can help with some of the smaller stuff, and build a support system among other things.

I am seeing a therapist weekly at the moment, and I always feel relieved when I leave. Just to have someone to bounce things off, and who understands the situation feels very rewarding.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1724 on: August 29, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »
So, I posted quite a long story in the Things That Piss Me Off thread a few days ago, but I feel it belongs in this thread. That, and I've had some followup shit to it. Quote of the original:

Things that piss me off, or rather fucked up my day and caused me to really stress out:

I finished my Earth Sciences Bachelor's degree at the University last month. Now, instead of doing a followup Earth Sciences Master's degree, I instead decided that although I liked my previous study, I wanted something with even more maths and physics, even though I was already focusing on that part of the Earth Sciences. So, I decided to start another Bachelor's degree, namely in Physics and Astronomy. It will take me three more years, but hey, I'm only 20 years old now, and life's for learning, right?

In Holland, when you start a second bachelor, you have to pay a much higher college fee if you have already finished one. However, if you enroll for your second bachelor while you're still doing your first bachelor, you pay the normal fees. It's complicated. And it will get even more complicated. Since I didn't want to pay five times as much on college fees, I enrolled for my second bachelor during my last semester. I passed my thesis and therefore was done with my bachelor Earth Sciences.

However, today (a week before my first Physics semester starts) I got an email that my college fees had changed. They were changed to the ridiculously high college fees one has to pay when starting a second bachelor after the first one. I was astounded, since I thought I'd done everything right by enrolling for Physics while I was still studying Earth Sciences. I quickly went to a Student Service centre for our University, where I was told that you have to enroll for you second bachelor while you are still doing your first AND have a month of overlap where you are actually doing both bachelors! Since I am done with ES already and my Physics doesn't start until next week I didn't have such an overlap. I simply cannot afford the high college fees, so I asked whether I could still fix it. They told me I had to apply for delay of graduation of my ES bachelor in order to create that one month of overlap. Now, the deadline for that delay application had already expired, but luckily I was able to speak to one of the study coordinators and my request will be discussed (and probably granted) during their next meeting on Thursday. So, in the end it'll probably be fixed after all, so that I can continue studying. I just can't afford the high fees. Man, that sure pissed me off.

TL;DR - Unclear instructions about enrolling for a second bachelor's degree in University almost caused me to have to pay college fees five times as high as normal. It will probably be fixed though, but it sure caused a shitload of stress.

Well, it wasn't fixed. The Board of Examiners which can make these decisions denied my request for delay of graduation. And why? Because I missed the fucking deadline. And why did I miss it? Well, because the information on the University website was unclear. I didn't know I had to have a month of overlap doing both bachelor studies rather than having enrolled for the second one while still doing the first one. It was not until Tuesday, when I received the email about the higher tuition fees for my next bachelor degree, that I realized my mistake. I was by then two weeks late with my delay of graduation request, but it just wasn't my fault. The only reason why the Board of Examiners denied my request was that I was too late. I spoke to guys at the University administration, and they said the Board of Examiners could still do it since I don't start my next Bachelor until Monday. But they won't do it.

I always did everything by the rules. A Bachelor's degree in Earth Science has a duration of three years, and I did it in three years. I worked for it. And now they're gonna punish me for something that I couldn't have fixed as a reward for that.
I can't pay 10000 euros each year for the next three years, and I really want to do Physics. This means that I practically can't really do anything useful until September 2015. I can work, that's true. But by the time I can finally start a Physics Bachelor degree I'll be 21 years old (almost 22). And by the time I will have graduated from that and graduated from a followup Master's degree I will be 26 years old. And I fucking hate it. I just want to study and learn things. I don't want to spend the next year working and doing nothing and basically waiting for September 2015 when I can finally start again. And all of this is due to some idiots who refuse to rectify one tiny administrative mistake by me that I couldn't do anything about. I feel so fucked up right now.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #1725 on: August 29, 2014, 11:22:40 AM »
Has anyone here ever been unable to shake a thing or things that happened a long time ago (minimum 20 years), to the point that it affects who they are now?
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1726 on: August 31, 2014, 09:55:55 AM »
*story*
Wow, that kind of bureaucracy really sucks! :-\ Stories like that make me appreciate the fact that there are no fees for students in Finland. Is it too late to choose the Master's degree you mentioned at the beginning, and would it have been less expensive?

Offline Onno

« Reply #1727 on: August 31, 2014, 03:55:13 PM »
Yeah, a Master's degree would have cost me normal tuition fees. That's about 2000 euros for a year. I can still enroll for that and start in Febuary, but I don't really know if I want that. I feel Physics is the one thing I really want to do. If I really can't to Physics in Utrecht unless I pay 10000 euros a year, I'll probably take half a year off, then do half a year of the Master's degree (I can at least try...) and then start Physics in a foreign (probably German) university in September 2015.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1728 on: August 31, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
The administration on another forum I've frequented for years is starting to really make me question why I'm still there, which sucks, because it was one of the first forums I joined back in high school, and I've grown to become friends with many there.

Some loony dude completely hijacked a thread about a well known dude there who's in jail for something he's completely at fault with, but accepts he deserves what he got, and made it all about this quasi religious Big Brother is watching bullshit, so I reported his post, and replied to his post with a simple "Ugh :L"
Instead of that poster getting a chewing, I get a chewing because of this no one word posts rule mainly meant for newcomers who quickly try to build up post count(something necessary if you wanna hire artists for a game project you want to develop) and those who just don't want to add anything at all(think non-sequitor things), but instead of focusing on this dick that's taking somebody's ordeal as a platform for lunatic things, they focus on me expressing some general disgust towards that guy, and make it all about how it's not clear if I'm talking about that guy, or if my stomach hurts, or if my toe nail's stink(literally a mod told me he couldn't tell if I was expressing these) and would rather chew me out and tell me to tack on filler sentences to express the exact same point, than focus on the fact that this guy is going into multiple threads and making them about his weird as fuck agenda.

It's just frustrating. They also just cut me off(one of the admins, and one of the mods who I never really got along with long before he was a mod) and then just patronize me.
I feel like I'm either soon going to just get banned, or feel like I should leave, which will really suck, as I'll be leaving behind some good people who while I have them on Facebook, talk to them pretty much only on that forum.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1729 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:23 AM »
Yeah, a Master's degree would have cost me normal tuition fees. That's about 2000 euros for a year. I can still enroll for that and start in Febuary, but I don't really know if I want that. I feel Physics is the one thing I really want to do. If I really can't to Physics in Utrecht unless I pay 10000 euros a year, I'll probably take half a year off, then do half a year of the Master's degree (I can at least try...) and then start Physics in a foreign (probably German) university in September 2015.
Even if the Master's degree isn't totally your thing, it's worth at least trying until you get to start Physics, because even half a year of those studies can be of help to you later. But in the end it's your choice, and if you think you can spend that period more productively doing something else (like working), then do what feels right. :)

Offline Onno

« Reply #1730 on: September 01, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »
True, I'll probably start my Master's degree next February (I'm too late to start now) if the Physics thing doesn't work out. There's still a tiny chance I can fix it but I don't think it will work out. That means that the first half year from now will be a combination of working and turning my Earth Sciences bachelor thesis into a paper that may be published, something my thesis assessor suggested.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1731 on: September 01, 2014, 06:02:51 AM »
The administration on another forum I've frequented for years is starting to really make me question why I'm still there, which sucks, because it was one of the first forums I joined back in high school, and I've grown to become friends with many there.

Some loony dude completely hijacked a thread about a well known dude there who's in jail for something he's completely at fault with, but accepts he deserves what he got, and made it all about this quasi religious Big Brother is watching bullshit, so I reported his post, and replied to his post with a simple "Ugh :L"
Instead of that poster getting a chewing, I get a chewing because of this no one word posts rule mainly meant for newcomers who quickly try to build up post count(something necessary if you wanna hire artists for a game project you want to develop) and those who just don't want to add anything at all(think non-sequitor things), but instead of focusing on this dick that's taking somebody's ordeal as a platform for lunatic things, they focus on me expressing some general disgust towards that guy, and make it all about how it's not clear if I'm talking about that guy, or if my stomach hurts, or if my toe nail's stink(literally a mod told me he couldn't tell if I was expressing these) and would rather chew me out and tell me to tack on filler sentences to express the exact same point, than focus on the fact that this guy is going into multiple threads and making them about his weird as fuck agenda.

It's just frustrating. They also just cut me off(one of the admins, and one of the mods who I never really got along with long before he was a mod) and then just patronize me.
I feel like I'm either soon going to just get banned, or feel like I should leave, which will really suck, as I'll be leaving behind some good people who while I have them on Facebook, talk to them pretty much only on that forum.

That's shite man.  Thankfully, I never got deep into any other forums.  This is my only online hangout. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1732 on: September 20, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
I am lucky to have the friends I've made down here, and the opportunities that this school has given me, along with the strength of the degree I will get, but I still can't help but regret moving down here :(
Every time I see pictures of my friends back up in South Dakota, or read the local magazine from up there's blog I just think "what the fuck am I doing down here in Florida?"
I'll never be able to call Florida home, the beaches are great, the ocean and gulf are also amazing, and while moving to Colorado next year will be 100000x better, I still yearn for South Dakota/Minnesota.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1733 on: April 12, 2015, 06:43:03 AM »
Wow... helluva bump here.  That's good I guess.

So, some may have noticed I haven't been posting much since Christmas.  Largely due to depression, and what some might call a mid-life crisis.  I'd call it (and I'm stealing this from a book I read recently) a mid-life unravelling... where I'm realizing the life I'm "supposed" to be living (ie, the live I am living) is not the life I really want to live.

Been doing a lot of soul searching, therapy, reading, self reflection... There are days where I feel I'm making progress, and days when I feel I'm getting deeper into this hole of not living the life I want.  There are a couple of things in my life (my kids, a successful career), that I adore, but others (marriage problems, extended family problems, lack of friendships) that continually trump the good of my kids and career.  I don't speak with my father or brother, I don't have any regular friendships (a few aquaintances), I don't do anything for myself that I enjoy (another reason why I haven't been around here), and then there's my marriage....

I adore my wife.  She's the love of my life, and my soul-mate.  But she also has some demons.  The cocktail of SAD, perimenopause, her belief systems (she's a high conflict personality), abandonment issues (which I also have), her own mid-life unravelling, other issues of her past, all stacked on top of how she was raised creates a shit-ton of conflict - which triggers my depression.  It's been a downward spiral for a few years where we are not giving (and thus receiving) the love we need from each other... again trigering a boat load of depression (for both of us).  And the past two winters here haven't helped anything... really triggering her SAD.  It's as though she's drowning in the sea of life, and I'm her life preserver.  It's draining... mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

I know I've got a lot of my own issues from my past that affect my ability to help her, cope with her, and communicate effectively, which I'm working on.  The hardest part for me is that I don't see Mrs.Jingle putting in the same kind of effort to "us".  She just wants to magically click her heels three times, and have life be the way she wants it.  And for the most part, she also wants people (me, kids, friends, family) to just give her the things she wants/needs in her life, and then believes all will be a-ok.  Not quite sure how that's possible, as life is a two way street.  Give and take.  She gives a lot, but unfortuately (at least for me) it's she's not giving the things that I need. 

Not sure if this is making any sense or not, but that's (part of) the story here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:30:54 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1734 on: April 12, 2015, 07:20:08 AM »
Plenty of it makes sense to me mate - I can relate to a lot there.   I think music is my best and most reliable friend these days  :lol

Good to have you back , if a bit less frequently.  You have plenty of pals here who very much noticed your absence ,as I know you're aware.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1735 on: April 12, 2015, 08:14:40 AM »
Chad, your situation mirrors mine somewhat. I can completely empathize with how you're feeling. For the last couple of years I have been falling deeper into this inconsolable depression. I'm an introvert to begin with. So when it  comes to me expressing how I feel and why I feel a certain way, I close up and it just builds up inside. People assume I have an attitude problem or something, which is definitely not the case. I don't like being forced to express myself and I can't do it naturally so it leaves me basically fucked. So over the last couple of years it has become worse and worse. I felt the same as you. i wasn't happy with my life. I felt like I couldn't be myself anymore. I wasn't doing things I enjoyed doing. I basically felt like a shell of my former self. My wife didn't know what was going on and she assumed it was her.

Fast forward to last year, my wife and I decide to see other people which ultimately ended up with us splitting up in November. She had already been dating someone for a few months and I was seeing a psychiatrist who put me on these terrible meds.  I was desperate to get better though. Between the depression and anxiety I needed something.  After a week on the meds, I had lost completely feeling in my right arm.  I couldn't do anything at all. I was a complete zombie and all I wanted to do was sleep. Not to mention the sexual side effects which to this day I am still slightly feeling. These pills were basically altering the chemicals in my brain. After I finally decided to call the doctor, he told me to stop taking the pills immediately.

I had been staying at my parents during this time because my wife kicked me out. However, my parents had enough of everything too so they kicked me out. I wound up sleeping in my car for a few days. Nobody even knew about it because I went about my regular life going to work and whatnot, so people just assumed I was fine. Meanwhile it was the dead of winter here and I spent the day in my car with the heat cranked up. I went back home to get some different clothes and my wife wanted to talk to me about our daughter. Now picture I'm just getting off these pills, so my right arm is completely useless, the side affects of stopping the pills included muscle twitching and spasming, I haven't showered or eaten in a few days, and I show up back home looking like a homeless guy.  When she opened the door and saw my condition she broke into tears.  She hadn't known how bad my condition was beforehand because she didn't want to hear it, but when she saw what lengths I went through to try and fix it, she started to understand. 

She took me in just to take care of me and to make sure I stayed off the pills and didn't go back to this demon girl I had been seeing when we decided to have our open relationship. So I stayed there for a few weeks until she saw I was eating better and feeling better and then finally decided that we both needed to move on.  However, at that point I wanted to fix things and I finally opened up to her about my problems.  At that point it was too late for her though, she was in too deep with this new guy and didn't want to risk losing him and then have me relapse or something.  Obviously I was still depressed and my anxiety was off the charts. I wound up getting my own place.

I finally decided to try going to a therapist again a couple of weeks ago. After about five minutes, I finally realized how screwed up my head must have been to other people.  The therapist, after only five minutes of telling her my issues, decided she was going to refer me to this clinic where I would have multiple people evaluate me and decide what is best for me moving forward. She said one person would not be able to handle getting me better and there was just too much going on in my head.  I think that hit me harder than I expected and after I left her office and went back to my car, I basically broke into tears because I just felt lost at that point. I felt like things were just piling up and besides the anxiety and depression, the therapist also confirmed something about myself that I had already assumed but wasn't certain.  I have extreme empath tendencies. She said most people learn to hone them and it actually becomes a benefit. However, she told me that I was letting them consume me completely and my ability to feel what somebody else was feeling was basically making me an antenna for human emotion.

Imagine you break someone's heart and you move on with your life because that's what happens normally.  Now imagine you break their heart but you can't let go because your heart is broken, not just because of losing them but because you are taking on their pain and it's doubling the emotional weight. And this wasn't just from my wife, because now I'm imagining my daughter living in the home of another man and imagining not seeing her everyday. I came really close...to just giving up. Even now, when I'm in this apartment alone, my mind wanders and that's when I have to either get out and go for a ride or just sit there and let everything consume me. I'm afraid of what will happen if I keep letting things consume me.  it's not something I can turn off like a switch. I try and fight it sometimes but it's overwhelming. It's going to take a lot to work on controlling these things. I go to the "panel of therapists", as I like to call it, this Thursday. I know they're going to try and put me on some kind of meds because just talking all of these things out will take forever to fix.  So I am hoping they give me something lighter this time that isn't going to chemically alter my brain.

**Sorry for the sloppy grammar.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1736 on: April 12, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
Bro hugs for all.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: April 13, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »
All my best Chad! I can only empathise and offer best wishes.

:hug:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: April 15, 2015, 04:29:27 AM »
Currently in the process of trying to move out of my old apartment.

Dad and I are trying to work out the best way to go about it as per the contract.

::) it seems like we have to pay for things that as an agency they should really be doing.

" If a new tenant is found and they agree to a reduced rent per month - you will pay the shortfall "

Err. Fuck off. I've moved out. It's none of my fucking concern.

" You will have the apartment professionally cleaned " ( this is in the notes for moving out they sent me after i gave my notice - i've not signed this and it's not part of the original contract.

Again - get to fuck. Show me in the contract where I agreed to this.

Losing a job and going through all this has been the most stressful thing ever.

I can't wait for it to be over.. :emo:

However - on the plus side - I like staying with my Grandad and the beach is a 10 min walk away and the weather has been

*amazing*. :) :) So that is helping calm the nerves !

Plus i've had a couple of interviews for coffee houses in town - so if I at least get a new job - I can cross that off the list...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1739 on: May 19, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »
Its an Eeyore kind of day :(

Offline adace

« Reply #1740 on: May 25, 2015, 04:00:52 AM »
Hey guys, saw a psychiatrist for the first time on Friday for depression and anxiety. Got a prescription for 75 mg Wellbutrin. So far it's been a pretty mixed bag.

The initial dose on Friday was rough vis a vis side effects but I got through it (took half a pill). Saturday was great, no complaints (took only a quarter pill). Yesterday was terrible. Took half a pill. No dizziness or weird brain sensation like before but I felt super depressed and have had intrusive thoughts.

Hopefully as time passes and I increase the dose it'll all even out.

Just curious to hear your thoughts/experience with Wellbutrin. Seems like it's a real roller coaster ride.

I'd also like to know if anyone's taken Buspar/Buspirone. I took some hydroxyzine for anxiety but that made me really drowsy more than anything else so I'd definitely like to switch it.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1741 on: May 25, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »
I was on Wellbutrin in high school and didn't notice much of a difference. I was excited to try it because it also sometimes helps folks lose weight and stop smoking, but it did neither for me (though it didn't make me GAIN weight like other meds I tried later).

When you say intrusive thoughts, what exactly do you mean? Was this an issue before you started taking the med? I'm sure you know this, but Wellbutrin is one of the antidepressants with the "black box" warning of potential increased suicidal thoughts. I'm not sure how old you are, because it's mostly an adolescent/young adult thing from what I understand, but just be wary of this if you notice thoughts that are out of the ordinary.

I should have posted in this thread last night when I hated the world. Today I'm a bit better, thankfully.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1742 on: May 25, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »
:( So I moved to be closer to family near the sea, got a nice new job and a new bike ( albeit which needs a service )...And a few other things have turned out really positive.

...so why did I just tear up last night out of the blue ?

Offline adace

« Reply #1743 on: May 25, 2015, 07:07:42 PM »
I was on Wellbutrin in high school and didn't notice much of a difference. I was excited to try it because it also sometimes helps folks lose weight and stop smoking, but it did neither for me (though it didn't make me GAIN weight like other meds I tried later).

When you say intrusive thoughts, what exactly do you mean? Was this an issue before you started taking the med? I'm sure you know this, but Wellbutrin is one of the antidepressants with the "black box" warning of potential increased suicidal thoughts. I'm not sure how old you are, because it's mostly an adolescent/young adult thing from what I understand, but just be wary of this if you notice thoughts that are out of the ordinary.

I should have posted in this thread last night when I hated the world. Today I'm a bit better, thankfully.
Well, I haven't had any thoughts or depressive that out of the ordinary per se. It's just that it was pretty jarring for me to have such a lousy day while taking Wellbutrin, especially after the fantastic Saturday I had. Guess I'll just have to get used to the ups and downs.

Anyways, today was pretty good. Only took a quarter pill and it seemed to work well enough.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1744 on: May 25, 2015, 07:34:58 PM »
I have anxiety problems, so a few years ago the doctor put me on celexa and also a script for Ativan.  The Ativan is only as needed.  When I first started the celexa, it made me very sleepy, but after a week or so it evened out.  Just saying that you may want to stick with the Wullbutrin to see if your body adjusts.

Hoping you get better!
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline adace

« Reply #1745 on: May 25, 2015, 08:53:04 PM »
I have anxiety problems, so a few years ago the doctor put me on celexa and also a script for Ativan.  The Ativan is only as needed.  When I first started the celexa, it made me very sleepy, but after a week or so it evened out.  Just saying that you may want to stick with the Wullbutrin to see if your body adjusts.

Hoping you get better!
Thanks! I can tell this stuff is helping already so I definitely plan to stick with it and gradually ramp up the dose over the next few weeks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1746 on: May 26, 2015, 05:55:41 AM »
:( So I moved to be closer to family near the sea, got a nice new job and a new bike ( albeit which needs a service )...And a few other things have turned out really positive.

...so why did I just tear up last night out of the blue ?

Probably because you still have a lot to do. You have a pretty good thing going, but it sounds like your family being in the situation they are is what makes your current situation possible. You're very fortunate that you could lose a job and be able to get another one, a new bike, and relocate by the ocean. Maybe there's a level of guilt in there somewhere. I used to break down now and then at college because I kept fucking up and just so happened to have a dad that could support it financially. I felt guilty about the fact that there were a lot of people that didn't even have the option to go to college and there I was getting a third and fourth chance.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1747 on: May 26, 2015, 03:23:18 PM »
I get emotional at everything at the moment.

I'm sorting things out though and my situation in Reading wasn't the nicest. I enjoyed my job but where I lived was very stressful.

Offline Cable

« Reply #1748 on: May 27, 2015, 11:48:13 PM »
I get emotional at everything at the moment.

I'm sorting things out though and my situation in Reading wasn't the nicest. I enjoyed my job but where I lived was very stressful.

What was where you left; Friends, significant other? Was the community and lifestyle a better fit for you there, vs. by your folks? Do you think moving closer to your parents is a positive, or a negative thing? Do you enjoy some level of stress, but not to the levels where you were before?

Or are things ultimately looking better now? Tears of course can go both ways.
---

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1749 on: May 28, 2015, 08:28:30 AM »
The Ultimate Warrior is still dead.  :-\