Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255117 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1645 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:04 PM »
I'M DEPRESSED BECAUSE I'M NOT CURRENTLY RAPING, TORTURING AND EVENTUALLY MURDERING EVERY LIVING THING AROUND ME.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1646 on: June 17, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
Had a bad day! I paid my car off this morning and ran to the mall to pick a few things up and some dumb fuckin idiot decide to back into me as I was leaving. So pissed about it. 5 yrs ago I paid off my other car and some bitch fail to yield the right of way and my car got totaled. A little while ago I was walking into the garage and hit my toes. I just went one and did what I needed to do and about 20 mins later I saw that one was very bloody. I should have stayed in bed today.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #1647 on: June 17, 2013, 04:50:47 PM »
:(
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1648 on: June 17, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »
I've never been in a relationship and frankly - I don't see the need for one after 34 years of being single :P

Offline sueño

« Reply #1649 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
You may just have something there, kowtowboy    :-\

Perhaps that's the mindset I should adopt.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1650 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
You may just have something there, kowtowboy    :-\

Perhaps that's the mindset I should adopt.

Nobody has ever shown any interest and I don't expect that to suddenly change overnight. Plus i'm really introvert. Also - I don't drink or smoke so I don't go to pubs :p

I just sit in my room :P

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1651 on: June 18, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »
Nobody has ever shown any interest and I don't expect that to suddenly change overnight. Plus i'm really introvert. Also - I don't drink or smoke so I don't go to pubs :p

I just sit in my room :P
I'm exactly like that... You're not alone!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1652 on: June 18, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
You can be nice all you want - people don't appreciate niceness.

Apparently people really do just like wankers who beat them up.

Offline sueño

« Reply #1653 on: June 18, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »
either physically or emotionally...  :(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1654 on: June 18, 2013, 12:58:37 PM »
Sometimes I just want to be a twat because I'm sick of being nice and getting nothing in return or no recognition or whatever.

But I can't.

Offline sueño

« Reply #1655 on: June 18, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
at best, you will attract someone who will be mean to you.  I regularly see mismatched couples, where one is being taken advantage of by the other in some way.

it is sad.   :sad:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1656 on: June 18, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »
Unless they are both twats - then it's hilarious.

:corn

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1657 on: June 18, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
Sometimes I just want to be a twat because I'm sick of being nice and getting nothing in return or no recognition or whatever.

But I can't.
I really really hope you won't take this the wrong way, but people do need a lot more than "nice" to enter a relationship with someone, just FYI.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1658 on: June 18, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
Of course. But as I said - i'm not interested anyway.

Offline sueño

« Reply #1659 on: June 18, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »
Unless they are both twats - then it's hilarious.

:corn

:biggrin:

Offline sueño

« Reply #1660 on: June 19, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
Actually -- it's not that hilarious if one (or even both) are your friends.

Seeing someone unhappy in their situation is never a fun thing.  But I do feel your pain, kowtowboy.  There are some who are chosen no matter how bad they are and there are others who remain unselected no matter how good/nice they are.  There is not "a lid for every pot" and I believe some of us will simply have to deal with that.

It is ironic, however, that both trying to be settled and seeing no need for a relationship that isn't coming and actually desiring a relationship with someone (who isn't coming) produces nearly the same sort of "depression/anger".

Is it better to have and not need (or want) or need/want and not have...?   Personally, I have never really known.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:46:50 PM by sueño »

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1661 on: June 29, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
These past few days have been strange, insightful, and has left me feeling bummed out. I had a really great time with old friends the other night to start it all out, and since the following morning have been reflecting on myself, and don't really like what I found. I discovered that I am not happy.

Such a simple statement, but that night showed me the happy person I used to feel, not just project. It's been such a long time since I felt truly happy, and the stark contrast has been eating away at me since then. I don't know what to do.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1662 on: June 29, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
I understand that feeling.  When I feel that way, I think about what might be wrong.  Is it work?  Is it that I'm not where I want to be, figuratively and literally?  Is it lack of a fulfilling social life?  After I think about it and have an idea, then I can go about changing it.  At that point, though, it's up to me to set the goals and work towards fixing the problems.  This is how I deal with it personally.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #1663 on: July 31, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
I'm so unbelievably upset today. I feel like everything is against me. Today, I feel at odds with everyone in my life. I never get angry like this, but today I just want to scream.  :(
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1664 on: July 31, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »
No joke but that's how I feel every day.

Another job I didn't get. Another person let me down. Another set of circumstances that didn't work out the way I hoped.

And so on and so on and so on....

Offline sueño

« Reply #1665 on: July 31, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
No joke but that's how I feel every day.

Another job I didn't get. Another person let me down. Another set of circumstances that didn't work out the way I hoped.

And so on and so on and so on....

I feel for you guys.  That's kinda me, too.   :sad:  Especially the second and third on your list (i'm working a decent, long-term temporary job now -- however, for $10k less than my last gig).

I'm just glad I'm healthy.   :P

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1666 on: July 31, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
I'm not physically unhealthy.

But usually I can't be bothered going to bed until 4/5 am and even then I just lie there awake for a very long time.

Offline sueño

« Reply #1667 on: July 31, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
:(  that's not good.  You should be asleep now -- It's 12.45am in your land!

I can always sleep (sometimes too much).  Getting out of bed is an emotional chore, tho -- I dread the mornings.  And my sleep is not as refreshing as it once was.

I'm sorry you're dealing with all that.  I do know the pain of being out of work.  It's been a bit too often for my taste over the past ten years or so.   :|  At least you have your music.  That's sort of an outlet, right?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1668 on: July 31, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »

I can always sleep (sometimes too much).  Getting out of bed is an emotional chore, tho -- I dread the mornings.  And my sleep is not as refreshing as it once was.

I'm sorry you're dealing with all that.  I do know the pain of being out of work.  It's been a bit too often for my taste over the past ten years or so.   :|  At least you have your music.  That's sort of an outlet, right?

It is indeed.

I've recorded three new songs this week :lol

https://davidoakes.bandcamp.com/album/transmissions

I know what you mean. it's probably becaue I don't have to get up for work so I don't feel the pleasure of a lie in anymore

Offline sueño

« Reply #1669 on: July 31, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »

It is indeed.

I've recorded three new songs this week :lol

https://davidoakes.bandcamp.com/album/transmissions

I know what you mean. it's probably becaue I don't have to get up for work so I don't feel the pleasure of a lie in anymore

Yep, I definitely know that feeling, too.  :(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1670 on: August 05, 2013, 04:23:19 AM »
Having trouble locating the " Things That Piss You Off " thread so...

Does anyone else really find it patronising when people say " Life is what you make it  " herpy derp derp . . . ;D

I will end  :censored you with all the fury of a thousand suns.  >:( >:(

Some people try their best - but still fail at everything so SHUT. YOUR. MOUTH.

Offline sueño

« Reply #1671 on: August 05, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »
 :sad:

I know that feeling, too.   :'(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1672 on: August 05, 2013, 07:20:03 PM »
You got twitter or something ? :)

Anyway - Have you ever been typing in a form online and written a really long post and you make a typo so press " delete "...

But instead of deleting it goes BACK and you lose everything you just wrote...

:facepalm: >:(

Offline sueño

« Reply #1673 on: August 05, 2013, 10:10:47 PM »
No interest at all in Twitter.    :-\

Listening to your new music tomorrow,  tho.  Was out of town this past weekend and busy today.  Looking forward to it!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1674 on: August 06, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »
No interest at all in Twitter.    :-\

Listening to your new music tomorrow,  tho.  Was out of town this past weekend and busy today.  Looking forward to it!

Ah i've taken down the stream. It was old versions of the songs.

Juggernaut and NPW are still up though. :)

Offline sueño

« Reply #1675 on: August 06, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »
:(

now, I am depressed/angry.   >:(

:biggrin:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1676 on: August 06, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
Me too.

Every Day.

Except Sundays Especially Sundays.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1677 on: August 12, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »
My social life is non existent.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1678 on: August 13, 2013, 05:13:53 AM »
So, for 13 years, it's been a tradition on my kids birthday that my parents (dad and stepmom), along with Mrs.jingle's parents come and celebrate with a very informal birthday party on their actual birth day.  For the past number of years, our relationship with my father has been deteriorating, and don't even get me started on my step mom (whom we used to be pretty close with).  I haven't talked with my dad in 5 weeks, or received any kind of email from him, so it wasn't much of a surprise yesterday when he called to talk to the kids.  I answer the phone, and he sounds almost robotic, saying "I just called to wish the kids a happy birthday".  No small talk, no 'how ya doin'.  When he's talking to the kids, he asks my daughter if they got his letter that he mailed.  Nope, not yet.  He says he mailed it a week ago - A WEEK AGO!!!  So, you decided you weren't coming last week!.  (side note, it did come in the mail about 30 minutes after he called).  Then, when talking to my son, my dad tells him a letter is on the way.  My son says "you're not coming today!?!?".  His response - "Well, I wasn't invited".  My son says "you can still come".  His response - "I don't think that's a good idea".

Unreal.  For 12 years, there's never been an invite, just a quick discussion on what time to come over.  If he really wanted to come, then I would've thought that he'd jump at the opportunity when my son 'invited' him.  He could've actually talked to me when he called.  But, this is his MO.  This isn't the first time he's thrown a hissy-fit when he doesn't feel needed or get what he wants (the way he wants it).  I could go on with the shit he's pulled with me and my brother.  Not to mention my uncle (his brother) and that side of my family.  He's a very controlling man, and when he can't control things, or get his way, he takes his toys and goes home.  He was on a ski-trip in BC with my brother and his wife's family a few years ago, and abruptly up and announced he was going home (changed his flight, and expected the host to get up at 3am to take him on the 2 hour drive to the airport)... all because he didn't feel needed.

Well dad, bite me.  I'm not feeding into your BS.  I know you want me to call so you can start a confrontation, and chastise me for all the reasons this is my and Mrs.Jingle's fault.  These are your issues.  You are the only one that lost out yesterday, my kids understand what the situation is with you, they just don't know why ... and neither do I.  The sad thing is, you've now finally completed the transformation into the person you despised most for the last 20 years - your own father.  The circle is complete, but I sure as shit won't be joining that circle.  Remember years ago when you told me "take me out to the woodshed if I ever become like that (like his father)"?  Well, unfortunately, I've taken our relationship out to the woodshed.  I will mourn the father and grandfather you once were, but will not invest any sadness, pain, or anger to the person that you are now.  These are your crosses to bear, not mine.

tl;dr - Aging parents suck.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1679 on: August 13, 2013, 05:19:28 AM »
Wow, that sucks :(
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.