Author Topic: The Depressed/Angry Thread.  (Read 255083 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The Depressed/Angry Thread.
« Reply #1610 on: March 11, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »
Not fair at all Akasha.  I am so sorry.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1611 on: March 11, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »
Not usually healthy teenagers though :(

Regardless, I am so sorry Akasha.

Yeah, but it happens. My prayers are definitely with you, Akasha.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1612 on: March 11, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
Sorry for your loss Akasha, prayers being sent your way.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1613 on: March 12, 2013, 12:29:43 PM »
Kym, my prayers are with you and your family as you lay Josh to rest today.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: March 12, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »
Kym, my prayers are with you and your family as you lay Josh to rest today.

Thank you so much everyone! RJ, you have been so helpful since the day I asked you to pray for me as he was fighting for his life.

I did so so today. I cried some doing the services, just tears rolling down my cheeks. It was a beautiful service. I did lose it though as they took his coffin was taken out of the church. Has been a very emotionally draining day.

RIP Josh Long 2/22/1997-3/3/2013. You will be forever missed.

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1615 on: March 13, 2013, 01:37:43 PM »
So sorry for your loss.

I just found out that I didn't get the job I thought I had a real shot at.  They didn't even tell me themselves, I had to email and ask. To top it off, I'm not qualified for extended federal unemployment because I didn't work long enough. So not a good time for me right now.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1616 on: March 24, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
Life is not feeling very bright.
It feels like even though I'm getting my shit together I'm slowly drifting backwards despite it all.
Friends back in South Dakota are suddenly having all of these great times, they're all doing stuff we never did when I was around, and it makes me feel like shit; as if I was the reason we never did anything and always did the same shit over and over.
I hate how I look, I'll work out a few days and then drop it for weeks, my face is a pudgy, stupid thing, and I can never be happy with how I look, constantly shaving, changing hairstyle, and regretting and hate what I did the moment after.
My mom's now pushing for me to get anti-depression meds, but I feel like rather than being depressed, I'm just feeling pity for myself when I'm doing just fine seemingly.
I don't like living in an apartment with my siblings. They're loud, obnoxious, and I end up doing the dishes and taking out the garbage and vacuuming and most other things. I'd love to get my own place, but I'm hopefully going back to school this fall so I don't know.
I'm trying to get back into art with my own music review blog and spriting, on the blog I'm already falling into a rut of not saying much about the music at all and it all feels like filler garbage, and as far as spriting goes, I know exactly what I want to do in my head, but what I put out is an over complicated mess I'm never happy with.
I just don't know about life right now guys.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1617 on: March 25, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
So sorry for your loss.

I just found out that I didn't get the job I thought I had a real shot at.  They didn't even tell me themselves, I had to email and ask. To top it off, I'm not qualified for extended federal unemployment because I didn't work long enough. So not a good time for me right now.

I re-applied full time for the temp job i had over xmas at the local Cinemaplex. They said I had no experience.

What, you mean apart from the 4 weeks I worked for you over xmas ?

Translation : Oh God No. Go Away.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1618 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
Plus for whatever reason - probably depression and self-loathing :

Whenever anyone is really complimentary about anything I've done - that just make me hate it and wanna destroy it.

:-[

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: March 26, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
Like I just did...

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #1620 on: March 27, 2013, 11:14:08 AM »
Life is not feeling very bright.
It feels like even though I'm getting my shit together I'm slowly drifting backwards despite it all.
Friends back in South Dakota are suddenly having all of these great times, they're all doing stuff we never did when I was around, and it makes me feel like shit; as if I was the reason we never did anything and always did the same shit over and over.
My mom's now pushing for me to get anti-depression meds, but I feel like rather than being depressed, I'm just feeling pity for myself when I'm doing just fine seemingly.

Anti-depressives are for those affected by mental diseases, so please don't take any unless you are suffering from a real depression disease diagnosed by a good doctor. There's too many people taking them as candies, without knowing they can be destructive for those who are not really in need. Aside from this, I know that the every-day fight for a decent life can be very hard from time to time. Just hang in and try to find the right people around you to enjoy some good company, it's a free and healthy medicine for every illness of our lives.

I re-applied full time for the temp job i had over xmas at the local Cinemaplex. They said I had no experience.

What, you mean apart from the 4 weeks I worked for you over xmas ?

Translation : Oh God No. Go Away.
I'm speechless... Sorry for that Kotowboy. Loks like no one gets assumed full time anymore anywhere.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: March 27, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
I refuse to be prescribed anti depressants.

I'd rather feel worthless than fake happy.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1622 on: March 27, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
I don't plan on taking any. I'd rather just see somebody or try and make myself happy and mean it. My mom's just worried, but that's her job, to get overly worried heh :s

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1623 on: March 27, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »
I'd rather live in the real world rather than some fake utopia, if you're ever feeling sad just remember that too be sad means you have been happy before  :tup

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1624 on: March 28, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »
I don't remember when.

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #1625 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
Right now I feel more depressed than ever before in my life.  I know I don't post on here much (though I've been lurking for years), but writing this is very therapeutic for me and helps me release.

There is a great chance that I am going to lose one of my best friends, and it's crushing me.  Essentially, I have been in an on and off again relationship for the past 2.5 years with my best female friend (though it was never really an official relationship).  During this time neither of us have been with anyone else, until recently.  We had a failure in communication that caused her to think I didn't care for her as much as I do.

Because of this, she started to hang out and be intimate with this other guy (right in front of my face, incidentally).  It was this point I realized that there is too much emotion and history between us, and it's too strange and painful for me to be around her while she's with someone else.  It's not something I can mentally cope with.  I'm not the type of person that can move on from relationships easily, and when they end I need to have that person completely removed from my life (for some time at least). As I see it, the only way that I can get past this it to be apart from her for an extended period of time. And the prospect of that really hurts.  It's not just that I'm losing a lover, but more that I'm possibly going to lose a close friend as well (We graduate from college in less than two months, and we won't be living in the same area).

I'm not a person who has a million friends, but those I do have I'm very close with.  For the past two days the idea of her being with this other guy, and the idea that we're not going to be around each other at all has consumed my thoughts. It's exhausting because I spend every waking minute thinking about it, and it makes me sick.  Both figuratively and literally sick.  I've not slept worth a shit, and I haven't been eating because my stomach's in knots.  I can be a very cynical person, but recently I've been trying to become more zen about things.  I've been telling myself to think of the solution and not the problem, yet I can't seem to keep my mind away from the negativity.  It doesn't help that there is no life instruction manual, and I have no similar previous experiences to draw from.

If you've actually read this far....should I just let time be the great healer?  Or are there any suggestions for what I can do to help myself from feeling like absolute shit 24 hours a day?  I've been thinking that exercise is a great way to boost my mood, but first I need to be able to keep down food to bring energy up.  Should I stop listening to Blackfield on repeat? 

Anyway, thanks for listening to the ramblings of a confused 22 year old.  :mehlin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1626 on: March 28, 2013, 09:30:28 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much

I'm 35 this year and I've never been out with anyone :lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1627 on: March 28, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
Stupid question: have you tried talking to her recently about your feelings for her?

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #1628 on: March 28, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »
Stupid question: have you tried talking to her recently about your feelings for her?

The whole story was very truncated....but to answer you question; yes.  Over the past three weeks we have had at least 3 very serious conversations that lasted hours.  And she tells me she feels just as strongly for me as I do for her, but now there is this other guy that she really likes as well.  Unfortunately, it took this guy coming into the picture to make us realize that we needed to have a serious chat.  I think the thing that bothers me the worst is that she isn't someone who I can just not see and not have it affect my life at all.  First of all, she's one of my closest friends, and not just someone that I was with and can now forget.  Second, she and I have all the same mutual friends.  For the most part, we go to all the same events, hang out with the same people.  It's not an easy thing for me to just not be around her, which is what I believe is best for both of us. 

And trust me, if it were possible to not worry about it too much, I wouldn't. It's not like I'm sitting around wallowing in my own sorrow. I don't want to feel like shit, but unfortunately I do.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1629 on: March 31, 2013, 01:09:08 AM »
3am.  Drinking rum straight from the bottle.  Yeah, this is healthy.  had a nice (albeit brief) IM chat with an old friend that I dearly miss though, so I got that going for me.  Everything else... not so fucking much.  Meh, not sure why I espect anything to change. 

Meet the new boss.  Same as th old boss.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1630 on: March 31, 2013, 01:22:02 AM »
Hang in there bro, it only seems endless when we're in the middle of it, you know I'm there if you need an ear to bend.

Offline kjg308429

« Reply #1631 on: March 31, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »
Everybody has his own sadness, and so do I. While I read some your thread, I felt I'm not that unfortune. I should work about 13hours a day from 6 am to 7 pm, and pay is too litttle. Exchanging it into dollars, it may be not more than $100 a month. I can't refuse that sucking job, because I'm serving for national duty. So I can't help feeling being robbed of freedom. More terrible is that job makes me more exhausted and vulnerable than ever. Actually, after job, I can't do anything expect sleeping and I have been suffered from pain on waist since last year. Everyday I feel I'm in prison. So I have thought I'm very unfortune. But what you all said are so sad that I"m so shamed to complain the trivials so much. At least, my service is left just 10months, and it means I have a clear breakthrouh which will come to me just waiting for 10 months. Thank you for giving me encouragement.   

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1632 on: March 31, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
Hang in there bro, it only seems endless when we're in the middle of it, you know I'm there if you need an ear to bend.

I know.  It's hard when things feel like they're improving, but then the powder keg goes off, and nope... shit is still shit.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline philmcson

« Reply #1633 on: March 31, 2013, 09:03:09 PM »
Everybody has his own sadness, and so do I. While I read some your thread, I felt I'm not that unfortune. I should work about 13hours a day from 6 am to 7 pm, and pay is too litttle. Exchanging it into dollars, it may be not more than $100 a month. I can't refuse that sucking job, because I'm serving for national duty. So I can't help feeling being robbed of freedom. More terrible is that job makes me more exhausted and vulnerable than ever. Actually, after job, I can't do anything expect sleeping and I have been suffered from pain on waist since last year. Everyday I feel I'm in prison. So I have thought I'm very unfortune. But what you all said are so sad that I"m so shamed to complain the trivials so much. At least, my service is left just 10months, and it means I have a clear breakthrouh which will come to me just waiting for 10 months. Thank you for giving me encouragement.

Don't get all of the circumstances, especially as I don't know where you come from and if you're in the army..... but hope you'll make it and get a better and easier job soon. Stay tough!

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1634 on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
It's hard to live life with no real sense of purpose.  What's the point of being alive if there isn't any reason?  I'm close to reaching a big goal that I've set for myself, but then I wonder what's next.  My whole purpose for 10 years was reaching this goal, and now I realize I had no real purpose at all.  SO now this goal I've been striving for seems small and not even worth it.  It doesn't help that it appears that everyone else has reason to continue on while I just wander aimlessly through life.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: April 09, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »
having a real rough go at it today...one year anniversary of the death of my best friend/ex-wife not a day goes by that I don't think of her in some way .  Didn't want to take the day off from work because I figured I would just sit around and mope, but being here at work isn't helping much either. It's going to be a rough day for the kids as well, not really sure what too say to them later, if I should say anything at all or just let the grieve on their own accords.  :'(
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1636 on: April 18, 2013, 10:48:55 PM »
Yeah, At the moment I am trying to buy tickets from Live Nation to Mayhem Festival. It's pissing me off because I can't click a link without it saying, you are forbidden to access the site. WHAT!!!! It does the same thing on my phone and on Ticketmaster. For Fucks sake how hard is it to fucking buy a ticket......UGH!!!!
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1637 on: April 19, 2013, 05:36:01 AM »
having a real rough go at it today...one year anniversary of the death of my best friend/ex-wife not a day goes by that I don't think of her in some way .  Didn't want to take the day off from work because I figured I would just sit around and mope, but being here at work isn't helping much either. It's going to be a rough day for the kids as well, not really sure what too say to them later, if I should say anything at all or just let the grieve on their own accords.  :'(

How's the last week been Bill?  How'd your boys cope?

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1638 on: April 19, 2013, 07:38:03 AM »
The day itself wasn't pleasant , went over to her grave together, gave the kids sometime alone with her as I waited in the car .

Kids were pretty sullen most of the day ( but thats to be expected) we talked about some of the good times we all had together, that seemed to lift their spirits as they each recalled a certain situation with her that sticks in their minds.

being a single parent just sucks, want to spend as much time with them as possible , but than again I need to work to support them, its a catch -22.

Planned our annual vacation which seemed to get their minds off things as well

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1639 on: April 22, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
(I'm just using this thread as a kind of mental bucket where I can puke, because there isn't anyone I could tell this stuff to. Many of you have had deeper problems than I have ATM and I've never even posted in this thread to give you guys some support/comfort, so it's only fair if you ignore this post - my whining, bitching and moaning would make you all feel bored and annoyed anyway.)

I guess I should be happy with my life, but last night I started thinking about everything and I realized that I have a lot of things to feel unhappy about:

I'm preparing for the uni entrance exam, which will be at the end of May, but I have a feeling I won't get enough points and I'll have to spend one more year under the same roof with my family. It's ok - I love my family and living independently is going to be pretty expensive anyway, but I would like to move on in my life, start a new chapter and get my studies done more quickly. I also don't have any other actually interesting schools in mind, so I'll probably have to do some studying in the open uni and hopefully that will help me get in next year.

I started driving school a couple of weeks ago - there haven't been any actual driving lessons yet, but I just don't feel motivated about it at all. My parents pressured me into going there, although I was against the idea of getting a driving license because I know the damage cars do on the environment and I've been scared of driving anyway because of the risk of a car crash. I guess it's better to have two options instead of one, but I'm just not really into it.

Music is the greatest thing in my life - I feel passionate about it and love playing and listening to it, but for some reason I'm really lazy when it comes to creating my own stuff. It's fun to write music and lyrics, but recently I've had a really bad writer's block and I haven't even finished recording or mixing any of the songs I have actually written or been writing. I gave up the idea of becoming a full-time musician a while ago already, but this lack of progress makes me afraid I will never get anything done at all.

My life goes in cycles and every day is basically the same as the previous one and it bores me. My best friends don't live in the same town with me (anymore), so there's no-one I could hang out with, and I'll just sit in front of the computer or lie in my bed listening to music. I could get new friends if I got to move out of this town, but at the same time I fear my shyness will remain just as strong, if not stronger, as it has been and I will be totally alone. I've always been an introverted person and have had no problem being alone, but my lack of friends has started to bother me and I'd like to do something about it, although it's impossible at this stage in my life.

Another problem is my appearance - my acne has made a comeback recently and as a result my face looks even more disgusting than before. I use two different kinds of face care products, but nothing seems to help. As I recently mentioned in the DT-side chat thread, my tummy has grown due to the lack of exercise and I'm trying to get slimmer, but I'm not a sporty guy, so it isn't too easy, although I try to go out and cycle every day and I occasionally go to the gym. I've never found myself good-looking at all and I've accepted my ugliness, but now I feel more frustrated about it than before.

My diet is also very limited due to me lacking open-mindedness towards different kinds of food when I was younger. I fear this lack of diverse food combined with the lack of exercising will result in an early grave for me.

To put it short, my life isn't totally shit and I'm probably just being overdramatic about everything, but I feel things could be better if all the problems I've mentioned were solved. However, it isn't easy at all and I have to blame myself for screwing up my own life.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #1640 on: May 03, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
I just got dumped today. She had no problem telling me that, while I'm an "amazing guy", I'm basically an awkward loser who needs to grow up... Which is mostly true, but when I'm told that by a 24-year-old who dropped out of school at 16 and works a part-time minimum wage job with absolutely no prospects, it makes me wonder who could ever accept me? I won't miss her or the relationship that much, but it has stirred up intense feelings of worthlessness and loneliness. I have literally no friends. Most of the time I'm fine with that, but when I need someone to turn to it just fucking kills me. There's so many obstacles to reaching happiness in my life that sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed I don't even want to try.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1641 on: May 04, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
Harlequin -

That is not the way to look at it.  Maybe she saw that you were going places and would probably eventually cut ties with her.  The women I have dated have always had a hard time internally accepting the difference in intelligence levels between us, and I think that's part of the reason they don't stick around.  Everyone says it, but only because it is absolutely fucking gospel truth - You have to have happiness within before you can happy with someone else.  I'm single and 34, and I don't let it bother me one bit.  I'm happy with my job, with my work relationships, and where I'm going in life.  I'm settling into my dream job and eventually will put effort into dating again, and when I do women are going to meet a confident, happy, and secure person.  And if that's not enough for them, well then fuck them because I don't have time to deal with someone too stupid to play pocket aces.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1642 on: May 04, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »
WELL said, Doc. :clap:

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #1643 on: May 04, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »
Thanks for the words. I'll admit that I didn't see a long-term future with her and would have indeed probably eventually cut ties with her due to differences in intelligence and prospects. I mean, she was smart in some ways, but some things she said just made me embarrassed to be dating her. But you're right, I need to be happy with myself first and foremost; I'm not happy with myself, and it definitely shows. Just gotta work on this stuff one thing at a time and take comfort in knowing that things will only get better in the future. Anyways, I feel a lot happier today, so I guess I'm OK for now.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1644 on: June 01, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
So I have this condition/thing/stupid thing in which I develop these benign purplish/blue moles/lumps(something my great grandma had I learned). When I was a kid basically from 1st grade to about 8th grarde, I had one on the inside of my wrist, and I had it removed by a doctor, the things are completely harmless 99.9% of the time I guess and while they can get sore, they're mainly aesthetically annoying, and since then I've haven't had one. Well it seems over the last (few?)year I've had one develop in a not so fun area that's really embarassing. Fuck yeah.
I've been ignoring it for awhile, only to read that in the area where I have my current one they can degenerate into malignant melanoma. Guess who's freaking out right now? Guess who still doesn't want to go to a doctor because of where it's located? Guess who can't even really afford to go to a doctor anyways?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:37:28 PM by Dark Castle »