Author Topic: Polyphia - new album: Renaissance released 11th March  (Read 1433 times)

Offline jimbosile

Polyphia - new album: Renaissance released 11th March
« on: March 14, 2016, 02:21:32 AM »
Hey guys, not sure how many people are aware of this band but they're easily the best band I've heard in the last few years.
Instrumental progressive metal/rock band from Texas area.

They released their third album, Renaissance last Friday and it's really something special. Would strongly suggest checking these guys out.

Here's a couple of songs from the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C19ZGLuhlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ucqzbydn1k

and this is a song from their first ep, Inspire from 2013 that got them a lot of popularity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVx01HMR98

These guys are ridiculously talented.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Polyphia - new album: Renaissance released 11th March
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 03:16:52 AM »
I only know one song by them (Champagne) and it's pretty good. But I don't know, there's just way too much instrumental prog metal bands out there these days, I can't keep up with them all, and I rarely find a band like this that really sticks out to me.

Intervals, Pomegranate Tiger and CHON are probably my favorites in the genre, they all have something unique.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:46:24 AM »
Intervals, Pomegranate Tiger and CHON are probably my favorites in the genre, they all have something unique.

Polyphia is pretty damn good. They manage to find melodies that I don't hear from other similar bands. I'm not sure the guys in CHON have ever heard the word melody  :rollin.

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »
Loving the new album. I'm seeing Strawberry Girls, Polyphia, and Chon this Sunday night. Pretty pumped to see new material live.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 11:54:10 PM »
Loving the new album. I'm seeing Strawberry Girls, Polyphia, and Chon this Sunday night. Pretty pumped to see new material live.

Real jealous. I'm hoping one day they get big enough to tour Australia so I can see them.

What's your favourite song from the new album? Personally, I'm a huge fan of Paradise and I also think the last minute and a half of Storm is one of the best things they've ever done.

Offline Shine

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »

So jealous. I hadn't heard of Strawberry Girls before this tour, and now I'm a huge fan. They've got such a unique sound. Quickly becoming one of my favorites from this "genre" along side CHON and Plini.
lake of fire

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 08:06:41 PM »

Real jealous. I'm hoping one day they get big enough to tour Australia so I can see them.

What's your favourite song from the new album? Personally, I'm a huge fan of Paradise and I also think the last minute and a half of Storm is one of the best things they've ever done.
Sorry I never saw this. I'd agree with you on those two. I also love Bittersweet and Ivory.

So jealous. I hadn't heard of Strawberry Girls before this tour, and now I'm a huge fan. They've got such a unique sound. Quickly becoming one of my favorites from this "genre" along side CHON and Plini.
Yeah. I hadn't listened to them before the show, and I was blown away.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »
Just hearing these guys for the first time when someone shared G.O.A.T on my page.   Pretty amazing stuff!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_gkpYORQLU
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude