Author Topic: New aggressive song! This is why we can't have nice things!  (Read 848 times)

Offline ddtonfire

New aggressive song! This is why we can't have nice things!
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:23:34 PM »
Now that school's done I can get back to writing and recording, so both I did. This one's a bit vigorous and aggressive! I used my JP7, Logic, Reason, and Metal Foundry. Let me know what you think, music-, mix-, and mastering-wise!

DDT

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10019592

If you like it, add me on:
Facebook
Myspace

Offline TheCor

Re: New aggressive song! This is why we can't have nice things!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:58:33 AM »
Very impressed with the guitar playing, the only suggestion I might have would be to add some melodic lead parts over the top of a few of the sections.  To me it has a very rhythm oriented Meshuggah feel and if that's what you're shooting for then it hits the mark, but personally I'd like to hear some more melodic content, like Satriani style lines that take the place of a vocal melody.  Super cool though, the solo is especially  :metal  .  I'd add you but I don't have a facebook account.

Offline Unimatrix

• The lurking clown
  • They float...
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »
Rockin'!

The mix is pretty good. I'd like the solo to be louder, but apart from that, I've got nothing to criticize  ;)

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »
Thanks for listening and commenting! Yeah, I am influenced my Meshuggah-esque bands, so I guess it would show here. I'm actually intending vocals for this song, so I left it rather bare for now. Glad you liked it!