Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95721 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #945 on: March 31, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »
If they're going to do some after the credits why not just make the episode a little longer and put it there?

My thoughts exactly.

Can they sneak in an extra commercial with this method?

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #946 on: March 31, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »
I would hate if they ended it in a cliffhanger, but I don't think it is stupid. You may think nobody will care after 6 months, but I think viewers will definitely want to check who's going to get Lucille'd, even if it is a 6 month wait.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #947 on: April 01, 2016, 07:07:57 AM »
I'm sure they'd still care but the emotional build up the episode and that particular scene will be wasted and can't be re-created with "previously on the walking dead" segment.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #948 on: April 01, 2016, 11:53:29 PM »
I haven't read the comics but I sort of know what is going to happen but to anyone that has seen Vikings would this be like if they ended the episode right before the whole blood eagle scene? That's probably the most brutal cable TV death I've seen and the entire emotion (good word kaos) and buildup made the payoff worth it.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #949 on: April 03, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »
Won't be able to watch tonight. Can someone simply post if it ends in a cliff hanger?

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #950 on: April 03, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »
Did Morgan just shoot him with blanks? There was absolutely no gun shot wounds or blood on that guy whatsoever.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #951 on: April 03, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »
That was so fucking lame. Yes, kaos, it ends on a King of the Hill style cliffhanger.

Online faizoff

« Reply #952 on: April 03, 2016, 08:45:50 PM »
Fucking bitchnuts shitballs. I don't know if that show was worth 90 mins. I think I need to watch this show after the season ends, though it's so hard to avoid spoilers that way. The show definitely needs to be much less than 16 episodes.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #953 on: April 03, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »
fuckity fucking cliffhanger god fucking dammit. they took one of the best scenes from the comics and totally fucked it up. I knew it was coming but I was hoping and praying they had a change of heart.

We'll know within the first week of filming who's gone. They won't keep someone around on set after they've been killed off. And the cast definitely knows who it is. If one of the main cast doesn't have a job come next season, that person knows now.
This whole scenario is just beyond stupid.
Fuck you Gimple.

For me it all hinges on who they kill. If we come back in October to find that they wasted this scene on Aaron or Sasha or Rosita, I'm done. I don't want to see what they do with the events that follow this...

As for Negan himself, it didn't feel like Negan to me. Not only because of the language(Not even a single F bomb? Really?)
It felt like Jeffery Dean Morgan doing a really good impression of Negan. It made me realize how cheesy Negan is and he seems almost cartoon-like when you turn him into a real person.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:56:41 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #954 on: April 03, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »
The showrunners are too smug for their own good. You don't need this many fucking cliffhangers. I understand that you need to build anticipation for a show but jesus christ this is the end of the season so WRAP IT UP. I bring back that Vikings scene I mentioned before, the blood eagle scene. You saw it coming, there was buildup, it happened, it was so brutal but the buildup made it so much better and you basically ended the episode with your jaw dropped of the carnage that just happened. That's how you end an episode like that, not briefly tease at it and then deal with it in the next episode, which is 6 months away.

Someone tiny text me who dies in the comic. I don't even give a shit at this point.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:58:14 PM by orcus116 »

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #955 on: April 03, 2016, 09:00:32 PM »
The showrunners are too smug for their own good. You don't need this many fucking cliffhangers. I understand that you need to build anticipation for a show but jesus christ this is the end of the season so WRAP IT UP. I bring back that Vikings scene I mentioned before, the blood eagle scene. You saw it coming, there was buildup, it happened, it was so brutal but the buildup made it so much better and you basically ended the episode with your jaw dropped of the carnage that just happened. That's how you end an episode like that, not briefly tease at it and then deal with it in the next episode, which is 6 months away.

Someone tiny text me who dies in the comic. I don't even give a shit at this point.

Glenn. Definitely won't be him in the show though. Too obvious. They wouldn't be THAT stupid.

Online faizoff

« Reply #956 on: April 03, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Thinking about it a little more, I think this is probably the worst way to end a season finale. For one, you've had a 90 min episode that did a really great job of building up the tension, I mean I was really on the edge of the seat during Negan's speech. And I glanced at the time, which I probably shouldn't have, and saw that time was up and I freaking knew it was going to be left open. I really don't know what the thinking behind it was. I think it would've been a huge gut punch actually showing who gets killed. It really was the perfect buildup for a super brutal end but that was pissing fucking lame way to end it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #957 on: April 03, 2016, 09:12:51 PM »
Thanks for the update. I'm officially done with this show. Those stupid motherfuckers don't know how to tell a story.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #958 on: April 03, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
I really might be done with it too. I've defended this show at every turn but this is just outrageous.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #959 on: April 03, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »
This whole thing reminds me of that finale of King of the Hill when that Walmart type place exploded and the was a year of "Which person died?!". I'm sure this will spark that type of conversation amongst purely show watching folk but when you're dealing with source material this is a major slap in the face to the graphic novel fans.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #960 on: April 03, 2016, 09:28:44 PM »
I'm officially done with this show.

Lol literally everyone who has ever said this kept watching.

Online faizoff

« Reply #961 on: April 03, 2016, 09:42:33 PM »
One of Scott Gimple's reason for why end the show on a cliff hanger was 'Well Lost did it season two with the hatch door' What a fucking lame excuse.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #962 on: April 03, 2016, 09:52:17 PM »
This was their chance to really unveil Negan as this character who we are supposed to hate, and to have him kill off a beloved character to show us why we should hate him. This guy that has been in the shadows since his name was first dropped at the end of the MSF and has been built up as this ultimate kind of "final boss". And don't get me wrong, the build up was great and his monologue gave me chills the first time I heard the leaked audio. But all of that is lost on such a cheap, gimmicky cliffhanger. It will not have the same impact in October.
This could have been TWD's Red Wedding. Instead it's another bad decision in a long string of bad decisions made by the powers that be. Watching Gimple try to justify it on Talking Dead made me roll my eyes. He tried to compare to the opening of the hatch at the end of the first season of LOST. No, Scott. You're show could have been as great as LOST, but because of decisions made by you and the showrunner before you(Let's not forget the letdown that was S3) this show is just flat out average.
God I wish this show was on HBO.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #963 on: April 03, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
Either Gimple himself is a bad showrunner (probably the case) or he is surrounded by a group of people that won't tell him how to properly execute the show. Instead we get a finale that will be talked about for all the wrong reasons.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #964 on: April 03, 2016, 10:00:25 PM »
Gimple himself is getting much more hate than Negan.

Well deserved.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #965 on: April 03, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
Poor Jeffrey Dean Morgan. He stepped into what could've been an amazing role but it's on a sinking ship. I'm assuming there are more potentially great scenes ahead but is this the scene they had to do right?

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #966 on: April 03, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »
I stopped watching TWD since a long time ago but i had to tune up today (out of curiosity) to see if they would do justice to probably the best moment of the comic. I still can't believe this is how they handled it. This is the one scene they couldn't fuck up  :censored

Well, after Batman v Superman internet meltdown, it didn't take so long for the next one  :lol
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #967 on: April 03, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »
I think this cliffhanger confirms that it's a major character. As in Michonne, Maggie, Daryl, or Glenn(Rick and Carl are out of the question obviously)
They wouldn't waste this scene, a scene that comic readers have been waiting for for almost 4 years now, on Rosita, Aaron, Eugene or Sasha. Abraham is a possibility but I don't think it would have the same impact as a character from S1.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #968 on: April 04, 2016, 12:43:45 AM »
was so looking forward to this but reading this thread has made me incredibly flaccid.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2016, 01:15:27 AM »
For the last couple of episodes I was wondering why Rick is so ridiculously confident and tonight I saw the same question in his eyes while he was down on his knees.. "why the fuck was I so confident" heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #970 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:54 AM »
I threw in the towel on TWD at the beginning of this season (or this half of the season) and I haven't had a single urge to go back. Just reading what they did for the finale, I'm not surprised, because it sums up just how stupid this show has been for a long time. You can do a twist/cliffhanger the good way or the bad way, and whenever TWD tries to do it, it just seems to fall flat. Killing off a character but keeping the character unknown to the viewer is not an effective way to end a season on, and if they were smart they would show you who died, because it would have more of an emotional impact.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #971 on: April 04, 2016, 03:29:13 AM »
if they were smart they would show you who died, because it would have more of an emotional impact.

^yep.  what a fucking crock of shit, the whole episode was 90 minutes of shit.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #972 on: April 04, 2016, 05:57:22 AM »
AV Club jokingly suggested the writers are probably going to have an ad campaign so the fans can vote on who dies. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did some crap like that.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #973 on: April 04, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »
People are already going CSI on on the final scene trying to find something to give us an answer.

https://imgur.com/r/thewalkingdead/I4PEDmk
https://imgur.com/r/thewalkingdead/9AoaUq0
https://imgur.com/r/thewalkingdead/n0GHnPq
https://imgur.com/r/thewalkingdead/RnXpcVS

They purposefully went out of order during eeny meeny miney moe so that we couldn't just follow along

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #974 on: April 04, 2016, 06:18:27 AM »
Does anyone have any idea how the average completely oblivious, non-graphic novel reading fan is reacting to this? Pretty much everyone I talk to either reads the comics, knows what happens in the comics, or understands how BS this whole thing was. I'm wondering if there are people out there who think this was a genius move mainly because they weren't expecting it and don't know what happens next.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #975 on: April 04, 2016, 06:31:54 AM »
I have a few friends that don't read the comics but watch the show. They weren't surprised by the cliffhanger but they all agree that it was a stupid decision that takes away from the impact of the scene.

Literally the only people that I've seen saying the cliffhanger was a good idea are Kirkman and Gimple.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #976 on: April 04, 2016, 06:33:27 AM »
Fuck this fucking shit! This is not worth even to hate watch! It's clear the writers have no fucking balls! They had the chance to do something impactful and true "holy shit" moment a la GoT, but they don't wanna alienate some fans! Fuck you writers and fuck this show! I'm out.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #977 on: April 04, 2016, 07:00:44 AM »
I'm officially done with this show.

Lol literally everyone who has ever said this kept watching.

Trust me I'm done. I'm not even going to waste 90 minutes of my life and watch the finale. Between the lame Glenn dumpster fake out death (which he would NEVER have survived), the awful mid-season finale cliff hanger and now this it's not worth it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. There are too many other great shows to watch.

I'll stick to the comics going forward.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #978 on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »
I should also note that I'm not against cliff hangers when used properly. What they did shouldn't even be considered a cliff hanger. They just chopped of the last two minutes of a scene. A good cliff hanger would be to finish the scene and the leave the audience wondering how they are going to deal with Neagan going forward and the aftermath of the death. And everyone knows that they will probably wait until the end of the next episode to show who died. Dumb.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #979 on: April 04, 2016, 07:31:19 AM »
Imagine if they opened next season with a Morgan and Carol only episode.