Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95724 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #805 on: March 07, 2016, 09:00:55 AM »
they really should have done a bit more recon on these guys.  As good a tracker as Daryl is and Jesus seemingly being able to make himself invisible, they should have watched/followed these guys for a few days to see where they might go or if anyone else comes to them.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #806 on: March 07, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
Best line of the night..."The Saviors...  They're scary.  But, those pricks ain't got nothin' on you!"

Classic!

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #807 on: March 07, 2016, 10:31:56 AM »
This episode was really tense and really solid again.  So far we haven't quite had the expected lull in pace that we normally get by episode 3-4 of any 8-episode chunk.  This compound was obviously just one of the satellite sites for Negan's group, and this is going to be disaster for the group as a result.  Hence I agree with others that they should've scouted out for a few days and tracked people coming and going - the one guy doing the drops wasn't going to know everything.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #808 on: March 07, 2016, 11:01:49 AM »
This episode was really tense and really solid again.  So far we haven't quite had the expected lull in pace that we normally get by episode 3-4 of any 8-episode chunk.  This compound was obviously just one of the satellite sites for Negan's group, and this is going to be disaster for the group as a result.  Hence I agree with others that they should've scouted out for a few days and tracked people coming and going - the one guy doing the drops wasn't going to know everything.

I think they are just trying to magnify the level of arrogance and cockyness that the group has. They really have been unstoppable thus far....at this point they are the 'top dogs' around.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
The parallel between the Governors 'pre-emptive strike' on the prison and Rick's 'pre-emptive strike' on the Saviors was pretty well done.  Tara's clear hesitancy to head into a situation not too far removed from the way she met Rick's group.  Father Gabriel being a fucking badass.  The way the show swings morality is neat.  Good to see some sweet action. 

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #810 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:18 PM »
Best line of the night..."The Saviors...  They're scary.  But, those pricks ain't got nothin' on you!"

Classic!

breaking the severed head's nose was awesome.  Afterward, it looked like Rick was admiring his work.
Winger would be better!

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #811 on: March 07, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »
Eugene with the cookie was fucking hilarious!  Like a kid who's just walked in on his parent's fighting.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #812 on: March 08, 2016, 06:58:46 AM »
Pretty good episode this week. Like others have said, the lack of recon before entering a strange compound is about as retarded as you can get. Outside of that, I liked this episode a lot. I think it's safe to say that at least one of the original cast members isn't getting out of this alive. Carol and Maggie getting caught makes me think it will either be Carol or Glenn.My money is on Glenn as he's got a bun in the oven and has escaped death more times than any average human should. He'll go down heroically, saving both Carol and Maggie.

It was hard to watch everyone knifing the sleeping guys. I get that they were assholes, but it just felt so dark and morbid. Every knife thrust felt like a turning point for each character.

Anyone else notice that Carol left a cookie on Sam's grave?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:56 AM »
Anyone else notice that Carol left a cookie on Sam's grave?

Yep. Carol is a bada$$ and is certainly tough but I think if anything this past episode has shown that the events of Sam dying, her going nuts on the Wolves and her confrontation with Morgan has forced her to really look at herself. Heck, even when Rosita was talking with Carol and was ticked at Morgan Carol defended him when she sternly said to Rosite "He doesn't want to kill people" and gave her that STFU look. She's got some things going on

I think it's safe to say that at least one of the original cast members isn't getting out of this alive. Carol and Maggie getting caught makes me think it will either be Carol or Glenn.My money is on Glenn as he's got a bun in the oven and has escaped death more times than any average human should. He'll go down heroically, saving both Carol and Maggie.

I think you're right....one of the "originals" is getting their head bashed in like the pics on the wall. And, they've done a good job to make sure A. That we haven't found out through internet spoilers and B. It could literally be any one of them.

My bet is still on Daryl although Maggie has suddenly become an interesting option as well. From the comments that we do know the cast has made....it was a tough finale to film for them with even Andrew Lincoln admitting he could hardly read the script and that he was late to the shoot for the first time ever in his career given how much he didn't want to do it. It's gonna be brutal....

It was hard to watch everyone knifing the sleeping guys. I get that they were assholes, but it just felt so dark and morbid. Every knife thrust felt like a turning point for each character.

True. Those characters did change forever....especially Glenn. But that group of people would have done the exact same thing to them so I don't think they were 'wrong' per say in doing it. Only, that's a game changer as far as how you go about the 'new world' they are in.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #814 on: March 08, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
What was Morgan welding at the end of the episode? It looked like a cow catcher or a bumper for an armored vehicle, but I doubt it's either of those things.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #815 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
He's building a jail cell.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #816 on: March 08, 2016, 11:41:50 AM »
Ross Marquand joked on Talking Dead that he's building a robot

but yeah, I think he's building a cell
Winger would be better!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #817 on: March 08, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
I think he's building a cell

Extremely Spoilery.....

very interesting considering that Rick ultimately captures and detains Negan in a cell for a very long period of time.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #818 on: March 08, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
I think he's building a cell

Extremely Spoilery.....

very interesting considering that Rick ultimately captures and detains Negan in a cell for a very long period of time.

Oh it's definitely Negan's future home.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #819 on: March 08, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »
I really hope this show has the balls to off Maggie. Nothing against her but that particular death would help eliminate a lot of the softness this show has when it comes to getting rid of characters.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #820 on: March 08, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »
I really hope this show has the balls to off Maggie. Nothing against her but that particular death would help eliminate a lot of the softness this show has when it comes to getting rid of characters.

Imagine if we watched Glenn witness a zombie literally rip his child out of her stomach and feast?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: March 08, 2016, 01:38:58 PM »

Imagine if we watched Glenn witness a zombie literally rip his child out of her stomach and feast?

BA - ROO -TULL!!!!

I'm just curious as to if/when one of them suffer the same fate as the folks on the wall of polaroids that if they will show IN FULL that character (Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Carol??) getting that treatment and the aftermath, just laying there with a mound of flesh and blood as a head?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #822 on: March 08, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »

BA - ROO -TULL!!!!

I'm just curious as to if/when one of them suffer the same fate as the folks on the wall of polaroids that if they will show IN FULL that character (Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Carol??) getting that treatment and the aftermath, just laying there with a mound of flesh and blood as a head?

I don't think we'll see it at all. The makers of the show want us to expect that. Every comment section I've read today has had people talking about someone getting their head smashed in with a bat. I think they'll set it up, and in the last second find a way to fool everyone. Then again, they already teased us once like that in Terminus when Glenn was about to have his throat cut. Doing it a second time would be kind of lame.

I still think one of them is going to die though. Maybe we'll get a sick twist. Something like Glenn is about to get his head smashed in, and Maggie goes in for the save.  She ends up getting taking a bat to the stomach and has a miscarriage. Glenn will live as usual, but a part of him dies in the most helpless way.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #823 on: March 08, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
Awesome episode, I fucking loved the stealth aspect and the Metal Gear kills all around. Not much more to say, it was a great set-up episode that still had tons of action and suspense. On the death topics, which we're nearing...

I think it's going to be Maggie for "the big death" for a few reasons. First and foremost, they didn't do the whole Lorie/Judith death, and this would be a great, surprising supplement for that without having to show an actual baby dying but still have a very extreme and dark death take place. Second, in terms outside of the show and speaking with regards to how the show is run, having a second child on the show alongside Judith is going to be even more difficult, and unless you've got yourself a one in a million, babies are a real motherfucker to deal with on set (hence the constant changing babies for the same characters with every fucking show on the planet that has a long-running infant character). Back to terms within the story, it's still a huge deal to have a baby at all, let alone more than one, cue to Abe's funny but still very serious, relevant and logical talk of more or less asking "what the fuck are you thinking"? This would be a great death that would make a lot of sense within the story and without.

I could also see Carol going what with her character's turmoil and seeming growth from badass yet heartless and empty vessel that does nothing but kill (awesomely) to someone with a conscience. Other than just staying a badass and keeping on with killing, she really has nothing more to grow into. I'd be sad to see her go but it'd make a lot of sense. It'd also be nice to see someone else step up and take the mantel of heartless vessel meant only for killing and brooding (Hey, Carl!). Next... I never thought I'd say this but I am actually starting to like Gabriel, he's become an actual coherently thinking, helpful member of the team and I'm really loving his turn from utterly blind, weak, praying-just-to-pray pastor to outright using metaphors of god and praying for actual strength instead of just "LOLZ I GOTS GOD, YOU GOTS NOTHIN', I'M GOOD"; his quote a couple episodes ago of god doing away with the evil by giving them the power to carry it out was really resonating. Then with this recent one, him reciting scripture before blowing a man away and then finishing it with an "amen"...wow. Bravo, Gabriel. Fucking love it. However, it's for those reasons that I'm also pretty assured in his death. Massive character development almost always equates to either a jump in rank to a main or a swift death. I'm gonna go with the latter for 'ole Gabe.

So with those three...I'd say that leaves one or two more surprise death from one of the semi-mains, I really can't see them offing any more than that (I think Daryl or Glenn is still up in the air, I could see it happening but I just don't think it will just yet)...and I could see any of them going. I'm iffy on Abe, he's been so welcoming to death that it almost seems too likely that he'll die; that dude does not give a single fuck except for when his libido is active.  :lol On that same token, I could totally see Sasha going; she's been stagnant and has been the same dullard for quite some time and the only moments I really like her in are coincidentally with Abe; so if she died, that'd give him an interesting turn of character given that he just threw away Rosita, who is also a pretty good contender for death-fodder. I'd be surprised to see Eugene go though...he's had some growth but he still has so much room to become someone truly awesome. Again, Daryl and Glenn are contenders but...the show has already shown that it's not going to do the same deaths as the comics on purpose; it has made a very conscious effort to not do what every comic book reader expects and I like that, but it also means throwing a wrench in some gears here and there (Jesus' line of what Negan says about them learning "right off the bat" is extremely telling...clearly we're not going to get what most people are thinking, at least not 'in that way').

Phew! So many possibilities. I'd be super sad to see them not take advantage of giving the fans a truly horrifying death and also mend the past mistake of not doing the Laurie/Judith death by offing Maggie and her unborn, which would also rectify their issue of having a child killed on-screen. It's perfect. DO IT! *Plays PT's Mother And Child Divided*

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #824 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:12 PM »
I think Glenn is on his way out, sadly. I really don't want Glenn to die. He's so lovable, much more so than Maggie or Carol or even Daryl. Even though he finally killed someone, he's got that good-naturedness about him that makes him the top candidate for death by baseball bat.

I also think Abraham will die in the next few episodes.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2016, 06:54:21 AM »
I've been pretty critical of the show with how they handled the first half of the season, but that was an amazing episode. One of the best in a long time and probably top 5 for me. The fate of the show hinges on Neegan and his portrayal. Knowing that he won't show up until the finale, I have no idea what's going to happen in the next 3 episodes. And it's very apparent that Lucile is coming, the question is who is she going to meet.

It did look like Morgan was building a cell. I'm thinking he's going to throw Rick in there.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #826 on: March 09, 2016, 07:17:44 AM »
The fate of the show hinges on Neegan and his portrayal.

Totally this. Behind Rick, it's imperative that they've cast him correctly and that they NAIL that character given how important he is to the story going forward. I have a good feeling about it though given that they've nailed Gregory and Jesus IMO. 

And it's very apparent that Lucile is coming, the question is who is she going to meet.

I really am impressed it hasn't been leaked yet. I mean, it's done and over with....it's been filmed. So it's known by people...

It did look like Morgan was building a cell. I'm thinking he's going to throw Rick in there.

No way that happens. Even if he did throw Rick in there he doesn't have the support to 'overthrow' him so Rick would be freed in no time. I think Morgan feels bad for that Wolf escaping and is making sure that if ever in the future they have a prisoner, he/she can't escape.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #827 on: March 09, 2016, 07:41:39 AM »
And it's very apparent that Lucile is coming, the question is who is she going to meet.
I really am impressed it hasn't been leaked yet. I mean, it's done and over with....it's been filmed. So it's known by people...

Pretty big filming spoilers. Read at your own Risk:

It has. A low quality clip of Jeffery Dean Morgan in full Negan attire hitting someone with a baseball bat surfaced right around the time they were filming the finale. This clip is almost impossible to find nowadays. AMC did a good job of tracking down every copy of it and pretty much erasing it from the internet.
In the clip, it appears that Negan is attacking the camera, so it looks like the scene will be filmed from the perspective of whoever gets beaten. As for who gets beaten, I have no clue.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: March 09, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »

It has. A low quality clip of Jeffery Dean Morgan in full Negan attire hitting someone with a baseball bat surfaced right around the time they were filming the finale. This clip is almost impossible to find nowadays. AMC did a good job of tracking down every copy of it and pretty much erasing it from the internet.
In the clip, it appears that Negan is attacking the camera, so it looks like the scene will be filmed from the perspective of whoever gets beaten. As for who gets beaten, I have no clue.

I remember when that came out and you turned me on to that link. I watched it and it was very low quality but it did show that.....and 'Negan' leaning down after striking 'whomever'....certainly reciting the lines from the comic like...."your fucking eye just popped out"... ha ha ha   I don't think I've anticipated something so much in this show as to Negan showing up and seeing who he kills.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #829 on: March 09, 2016, 07:52:05 AM »

I remember when that came out and you turned me on to that link. I watched it and it was very low quality but it did show that.....and 'Negan' leaning down after striking 'whomever'....certainly reciting the lines from the comic like...."your fucking eye just popped out"... ha ha ha   I don't think I've anticipated something so much in this show as to Negan showing up and seeing who he kills.

If they end the season with out showing who he kills I'm going to have fucking melt down and throw my fucking TV out the window and never watch the show again.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: March 09, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
If they end the season with out showing who he kills I'm going to have fucking melt down and throw my fucking TV out the window and never watch the show again.

You and me both. They have to know how badly that would infuriate the fan base. They HAVE to give us that satisfaction and that resolution this season....

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: March 09, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »

No way that happens. Even if he did throw Rick in there he doesn't have the support to 'overthrow' him so Rick would be freed in no time. I think Morgan feels bad for that Wolf escaping and is making sure that if ever in the future they have a prisoner, he/she can't escape.

I assumed he was building a prison for himself, like the one his tubby, ninja, guru put him in to cure him of his feral self. He can shut himself in there whenever he's feeling homicidal.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #832 on: March 13, 2016, 08:05:55 PM »
I'm not sure if this is how the comics handled the build up to Negan but are the showrunners trying to soften the blow of killing off a major character by showing that the group actually needs to be knocked down a peg? You almost can't even root for the group now since they're the ones that are ambushing and killing people.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #833 on: March 13, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »
OK episode tonight. I'm not a fan of bottle episodes like this that don't really move the plot forward, but there was a decent amount of action to where it wasn't 100% bad. Definitely the weakest episode of the second half so far.

For the past 2 season we've been seeing Carol as this kind of emotionless killing machine, but it's clear that all of this killing is taking a toll on her mentally, and I think it will eventually lead to her downfall. Maybe she goes out the same way she does in the comics, but under different circumstances?

Based on the previews for next week, Eugene and Abraham go on a run together and I think is Abe is gonna die just like in the comics. They even mentioned the guy that stole Daryl's crossbow(Dwight) in the teaser so I think we can expect to see Dwight as well.

And to be clear, that guy at the end was not Negan. We have not seen Negan yet.

Back to the question of who gets Lucille'd...In the comics the group only killed a small handful of Negan's men before meeting him. In the show they have killed about 40 of his men so far. That's a lot. Who's to say that Negan won't kill more than one person?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:51:26 PM by Metropolaris »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #834 on: March 13, 2016, 09:17:58 PM »
I thought it was a good episode, and I think by seasons end will have more of an impact given the characters involved. Certainly Carols mind is starting to unwind a bit and that can't be good.

I'm not sure if this is how the comics handled the build up to Negan but are the showrunners trying to soften the blow of killing off a major character by showing that the group actually needs to be knocked down a peg? You almost can't even root for the group now since they're the ones that are ambushing and killing people.

Ehh...I still think the group is justified, or should I say...I can see their point of view. They've been ambushed enough now to where it's fine in my eyes that if you know there's a threat you should take it out before it takes you out. they are in full on 'Shane world'....that is, the mindset Shane had in Season 2. He was just ahead of his time  :lol  But, they really should know that there's always someone/something out there that's bigger and badder than you.

Maybe she goes out the same way she does in the comics, but under different circumstances?

Eugene and Abraham go on a run together and I think is Abe is gonna die just like in the comics. They even mentioned the guy that stole Daryl's crossbow(Dwight) in the teaser so I think we can expect to see Dwight as well.

Back to the question of who gets Lucille'd...In the comics the group only killed a small handful of Negan's men before meeting him. In the show they have killed about 40 of his men so far. That's a lot. Who's to say that Negan won't kill more than one person?

I forgot how Carol dies in the comics? Didn't she kill herself? They could be showing her slowly go crazy. And, I'd near guarantee that next week we see Dwight shoot Abraham through the eye with Daryl's crossbow, I don't see how it doesn't happen given the previews that are available.

Interesting point about if there'd be more than one victim of Lucielle....that'd definitely lend itself to Gimples proclamation of there will be a 'hard left turn', and would be a good reason that Andrew Lincoln didn't want to work that day....and would give more credence to Lenny James saying the introduction of Negan's character is the best and most impactful introduction of a character he's ever seen.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #835 on: March 13, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »

Ehh...I still think the group is justified, or should I say...I can see their point of view. They've been ambushed enough now to where it's fine in my eyes that if you know there's a threat you should take it out before it takes you out. they are in full on 'Shane world'....that is, the mindset Shane had in Season 2. He was just ahead of his time  :lol  But, they really should know that there's always someone/something out there that's bigger and badder than you.

My coworker said that exact thing about Shane. I completely agree with the dog eat dog aspect of where they're at but I'm not going to shed any tears when one or more of them gets offed.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #836 on: March 14, 2016, 02:14:21 AM »
Decent episode tonight.  Carol's character is getting super annoying, so wouldn't mind if she was baseball batted.  Maybe her actions tonight could be a reason for that.  But I can see how she could be going down the crazy route.

Were people just implying that Negan could potentially kill Rick?  I think... I would be okay with that I think.  He's slowly become less and less of the relatable character he was at the beginning.  Which is awesome, almost like Walter White in a sense.  It would be a good shakeup to see him bite the dust and have someone else take over the leadership role.  I feel like Maggie would be good for that, if she doesn't die.  She seems to be the right level of sane and... murderous :lol

I think the show's done a good job of getting back on track after a pretty lacklustre start to the season, hopefully it can continue at the same level, I don't know that I could handle another run of absolute shitters.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #837 on: March 14, 2016, 07:03:42 AM »
Were people just implying that Negan could potentially kill Rick? 

All I was implying was that the group has had a pretty good run of being 'top dog'. When you're on top it's tough to stay there because there's no where else to go but down....

Offline Ħ

« Reply #838 on: March 14, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »
Rick is not dying in this show, unless it's at the very end or something.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #839 on: March 14, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
Rick is not dying in this show, unless it's at the very end or something.

Yeah, Rick isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe in another 5 or 6 seasons if it lasts that long but I don't see it happening.