Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95728 times)

Offline kaos2900

Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #490 on: November 24, 2015, 06:37:33 AM »
It was incredibly stupid, but I can't help but think it's gotta lead to something. To lead us on like that for a month just to anticlimactically bring him back. "loljk glenn is live".
I want to believe that the writers are better than that. But they did waste 3 episodes last season on searching for fucking Beth.

I bet you anything Maggie dies next week. That's the only outcome I can think of that wouldn't make this whole arc a waste of time. They can't just wrap up this shit with another fucking Glaggie reunion.

S4 Mid Season Finale: Hershel Greene dies
S5 Mid Season Finale: Beth Greene dies
S6 Mid Season Finale: Maggie Greene dies?

Maggie is the only character introduced in Season 2 that's still alive. It'd be pretty ballsy to kill her off right after we find out she's pregnant.
To have Glenn miraculously survive the dumpster situation to come home to his wife and find out she's pregnant? Bullshit. No one gets a happy ending like that in this world. Somebody's gotta die.

I think this would be a good move on their part....I think that television Carol is set up perfectly to be Comic Book Maggie.....running the Hilltop and being ruthless. I just don't think they've done a good job with the Maggie character either....especially good enough to convince anyone that she could lead a large group of people like she does in the comics. Killing her next week just as Glenn sees her or something along those lines would be a good way to make up for the shenanigans they pulled with Glenn. And, I'm totally down with Judith getting torn to bits....she is in the care of Rick's GF right now and in the comic a kid does get torn to pieces with her holding him (his hand). I'm fully expecting them to trim some fat next week.....and....Carl will get shot in the eye by that little brat that Rick's been teaching how to shoot.

Agree. Carl is going to get shot. A bunch of people are going to die. And I think Daryl is going to meet Neegan.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #491 on: November 24, 2015, 08:00:01 AM »
Agree. Carl is going to get shot. A bunch of people are going to die. And I think Daryl is going to meet Neegan.

I've maintained all along that Daryl would take the place of Glenn on the show in the aspect that he's the one Negan kills. It just makes sense to me....given the popularity of Daryl's character and the level of evil Negan is going to bring....it'd be the best way for the show to introduce Negan to those out there who haven't read the comics and don't know just how bad a$$ a character/person he is. Killing Daryl would do that....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #492 on: November 24, 2015, 09:15:39 AM »
Watched last night and read through most of the comments here.... I pretty much agree with everyone.  This show is really losing me.  I was lost a few times watching this show and its one of the reasons its not a priority for me to watch Sunday nights.  This season started so strong and they blew it, they blew it big time.  It has now been 4 straight episodes that were fairly bad.  The Morgan centric episode wasn't bad, but just a bit too long so it felt drawn out.  Then it was followed by 3 BAD episodes.  The Glenn reveal was too obvious and I dont think there is much more to be said here as its all been said before.  The rest of the episode was just sooo weak.  The acting is going to shit, the story SUCKS, nothing is happening.  We only see some characters some of the time.  And then the episode ends with a bang.  Sure I really do want to watch next week, looks like shit will go down and I can't imagine the writers doing another bad episode with how this is now set up, but I am borderline completely done wasting my time with this show, it's just not good enough for me to spend my time watching based on the history of how bad it has been for the last few seasons with some good episodes sprinkled in that keep me sucked in. 

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #493 on: November 24, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
The thing with The Walking Dead is that it's really good at introducing characters in a cool way (who doesn't remember the first time we saw Michonne for example? That was badass) but they have zero clue on how to actually write interesting story arcs for the characters once they are introduced. Think about it. When you think about most of the characters on the show, the coolest parts about them are in most cases the first few episodes they appeared in, they made a memorable appearance when they showed up, and the plot became fairly focused on those characters as it introduced them. But the longer the time has gone by, those characters have just become bystanders.

I think even from the start, the writers have had major problems coming up with compelling character stories and arcs. What Morgan has gone through this season is almost beat for beat the exact same thing that Tyrese went through, when he had his phase of "violence won't help". Rick also went through something similar before that. It's like the characters only have two modes in this world, either they are passive bystanders who do nothing, or they go all out berserk mode. I feel like they have tried several times to do something different, but most of the times ended up failing. Like the return of the Governor. I remember liking his re-appearance initially because it looked like he was going to change as a character, but in the end he just reverted back to the same guy making the same mistakes.

But I think the fact that the show struggles with the characters is essentially its greatest downfall. They keep introducing us to new characters, because that's one of the few things they do really well (at least if it's a big character), but it worsens the situation that we already have too many characters and we can't give them enough screen time to actually develop them. I thought it was interesting to see Michonne before the outbreak, how she was then and how she ended up, but they didn't really do anything more with her story. Gabriel and his religious beliefs and how he was shaken by meeting Rick's group was also interesting, but he's been a passive bystander for this whole season so far. Abraham had an almost identical character to Gabriel and Hershel, with believing so hard in something that ultimately turned out to be wrong, and I thought it was interesting seeing Abraham deal with how his mission was a scam all along. But now he's just another passive bystander as well. When was the last time we saw Darryl have any character development? He had a nice dynamic with Beth and I would have liked to see them explore that a bit more, how he was affected by her death. He just basically travels around on his bike and kills walkers with his crossbow. I mean it's cool that he's a badass, but his character isn't really going anywhere.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #494 on: November 24, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
Good point, I always said this show has a problem with its characters.  There is no "care' about the characters from a viewer perspective because we have not been given a reason to care.  How many times have fans wanted someone to die because they are just annoying? Lori, Andrea, Beth, The Governor... I don't ever recall watching a show where the fans repeatedly wanted characters to die because we didn't like them.  There is very little development of characters, I practically forget about some of them sometimes.

I also find the storyline in general to be fairly repetitive.  Group finds a place, chills there for a bit, then something happens, people die and they get seperated.... they come back together and repeat.  I can't help but think this will happen again now that Alexandria is about to be overrun.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #495 on: November 24, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »
Good point, I always said this show has a problem with its characters.  There is no "care' about the characters from a viewer perspective because we have not been given a reason to care.  How many times have fans wanted someone to die because they are just annoying? Lori, Andrea, Beth, The Governor... I don't ever recall watching a show where the fans repeatedly wanted characters to die because we didn't like them.  There is very little development of characters, I practically forget about some of them sometimes.

I also find the storyline in general to be fairly repetitive.  Group finds a place, chills there for a bit, then something happens, people die and they get seperated.... they come back together and repeat.  I can't help but think this will happen again now that Alexandria is about to be overrun.

I agree. I was thinking.. for a show that's supposedly about how humans deal with a world collapsing, we've seen a surprisingly few amount of flashback scenes. I think giving us a sense of how a character was before the break-out might be crucial to how we view them now. It would have been fascinating if we saw the Governor back before the apocalypse and he was just a teacher or some other mundane job (I don't remember what he was in the comics or if they followed that in the show), but the few we have seen, like Michonne or Rick/Shane back in S1 were great. Since we're introduced to a lot of characters after things have already gone bad, I think it could help if we at least got a glimpse of how a person was before.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #496 on: November 24, 2015, 10:09:11 AM »

I agree. I was thinking.. for a show that's supposedly about how humans deal with a world collapsing, we've seen a surprisingly few amount of flashback scenes. I think giving us a sense of how a character was before the break-out might be crucial to how we view them now. It would have been fascinating if we saw the Governor back before the apocalypse and he was just a teacher or some other mundane job (I don't remember what he was in the comics or if they followed that in the show), but the few we have seen, like Michonne or Rick/Shane back in S1 were great. Since we're introduced to a lot of characters after things have already gone bad, I think it could help if we at least got a glimpse of how a person was before.

I'd have much rather seen a 90 minute episode dedicated to explaining how Michonne ended up standing in front of Andrea than seeing the Episode about Morgan. I liked 'not knowing' how Morgan got the way he got more or less because it wasn't really that difficult to figure out.

I don't think the rinse repeat of finding security then having it threatened is anything they can stray from because that's really all there is in that world. I do know that the source material is there to tell a cool story.....just hope that they tell the cool story and not 'F' it up because it's pretty neat stuff.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #497 on: November 24, 2015, 02:29:12 PM »
I don't think the rinse repeat of finding security then having it threatened is anything they can stray from because that's really all there is in that world.
But there's no need for season after season after season of that.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #498 on: November 24, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »
I don't think the rinse repeat of finding security then having it threatened is anything they can stray from because that's really all there is in that world.
But there's no need for season after season after season of that.

I agree. And I think Kirkman knew that trend would get old as well when writing the comic and because of that I'm perfectly fine being patient with the show to see how things go.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #499 on: November 24, 2015, 03:40:35 PM »
Fair enough, I haven't read the comics so don't know how that's panned out or where it's going. I just know that while I'm overall enjoying TWD ok, I'm tired of the formula and don't find myself caring about any of the characters really. If there's a bit more direction in the comics then hopefully that will start coming out in the show too.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #500 on: November 24, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
If they focused more on the characters and knew how to write characters I think they could do more interesting things. We see characters die but we don't really see how it affects people. Take Rick for example. He was very upset and cried when Lori died, but after those initial 5 minutes, we haven't really gotten much else on that front. He lost his wife! The mother of his two children. Just one thought, they could have shown his struggles of being the lonely parent and bringing these kids up in the apocalypse, maybe Lori brought something to the table that Rick struggles with. Or when Beth died, we saw the characters sad for a few minutes, but we haven't really seen Maggie affected by it or anything. If you show someone a clip of Maggie now and Maggie before Beth's death (dat rhyme) there's not much difference there.

Writing good drama is obviously challenging and for every Breaking Bad or The Wire, you have 50 shows nobody bats an eye at. But when TWD fails to deliver on the dramatic front, all we're left with is zombies and action. And the show handles that pretty well a lot of the time, but it makes those long stretches of boring nothingness even more painful to sit through. I also think the story would be more engaging if there was a bigger goal or objective they were working towards. For a while they were kinda going to Washington for the mission to find a cure, and while that went to hell, and I can also understand why budget restraints might make that hard.. I do think a bigger objective can help.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: November 24, 2015, 03:58:37 PM »
Fair enough, I haven't read the comics so don't know how that's panned out or where it's going. I just know that while I'm overall enjoying TWD ok, I'm tired of the formula and don't find myself caring about any of the characters really. If there's a bit more direction in the comics then hopefully that will start coming out in the show too.

Without 'spoiling' anything I would say that what happens from where they are now in the story in the show to where the comic currently sits......if done well.....has the potential to be incredible television.

But, I think the (16) Episode season derails the story too much and gives the writers and producers to much freedom to 'screw around' rather than focus on the task at hand and move the story forward.

Outside of the story/characters that is the most impressive thing I find about GOT is that they utilize every second of screen time to progress the story and characters because they HAVE to.

I thought all along that this season of TWD was going to be the best yet given what was to come and I haven't given up hope.....because I 'hope' they burned the three 'filler' episodes in the first half. I'd bet dollars to donuts that next episode is awesome and Well received by everyone given its just going to be crazy and I just hope they keep the momentum when it returns. They lost the momentum from the opening three episodes of the season IMO by wasting an episode on Morgan and trying that Glenn thing.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #502 on: November 25, 2015, 06:38:43 AM »
The best thing that could happen to the show would be for the ratings to start dropping. With the talking dead and the glenn stunt I think the producers are loving the smell of their own farts too much. It's turning into the Starbucks of TV shows.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: November 25, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
It was incredibly stupid, but I can't help but think it's gotta lead to something. To lead us on like that for a month just to anticlimactically bring him back. "loljk glenn is live".
I want to believe that the writers are better than that. But they did waste 3 episodes last season on searching for fucking Beth.

I bet you anything Maggie dies next week. That's the only outcome I can think of that wouldn't make this whole arc a waste of time. They can't just wrap up this shit with another fucking Glaggie reunion.

S4 Mid Season Finale: Hershel Greene dies
S5 Mid Season Finale: Beth Greene dies
S6 Mid Season Finale: Maggie Greene dies?

Maggie is the only character introduced in Season 2 that's still alive. It'd be pretty ballsy to kill her off right after we find out she's pregnant.
To have Glenn miraculously survive the dumpster situation to come home to his wife and find out she's pregnant? Bullshit. No one gets a happy ending like that in this world. Somebody's gotta die.

Just revisited the hoard invasion in the comic. I'm starting to think now that they've been trying to show Rick's attitude still being 'us and them' perhaps to set up the fact that he's going to chop his Jessie's arm off because she's either going to be holding on to Judith or Carl as Ron is getting eaten. I'm thinking Carl....and Ron just starts firing and shoots Carl....hits Carl in the eye then is eaten after he shoots..?? I totally forgot about Michonne chopping off Morgans' arm also....I'd be curious to see if they did that too? I can totally see Abraham, Sasha and Daryl showing up just in time to save the day as well....it's kind of set up for that....and it's set up for one of Abraham or Sasha to die doing so.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: November 25, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »
The best thing that could happen to the show would be for the ratings to start dropping. With the talking dead and the glenn stunt I think the producers are loving the smell of their own farts too much. It's turning into the Starbucks of TV shows.

It's going to take a massive drop...I mean, they are consistently in the 15-18 million viewers....that's just unreal. It's going to be a while before they dip below 10 Mil.....which I don't think will ever happen.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #505 on: November 26, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
I dont see the ratings drop anytime soon, when they pulled these kind of filler episodes followed by big events it kept drawing more and more people. If people do stop watching the show it will be people like us who really want things to flow well and be not so run of the mill all the time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #506 on: November 26, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »
I honestly don't think the majority of the hardcore TWD fans care about bad writing, otherwise they would have jumped ship after S2 already. In some ways it's kinda like the TV-worlds equivalent of the Transformers movies. You're not gonna see it top any "best tv shows ever" lists (possibly biased hardcore fans) and in terms of general opinions it's very mixed, but the popularity is unquestionable.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #507 on: November 29, 2015, 12:19:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/671043596473233408

There will be an after credits scene in tonight's episode.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #508 on: November 29, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »
This show really has a lot of faith in its audience.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
This show really has a lot of faith in its audience.

Why wouldn't they? Other than a few dissenting voices here and there the popularity and power of their audience hasn't changed hardly a bit over the 5 1/2 seasons it's been on the air.

My prediction/guess.....

The scene will be Dwight returning to Negan's headquarters and he will get the 'iron brand' on his face for betraying Negan...and losing one of his wives.....

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #510 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

My prediction/guess.....

The scene will be Dwight returning to Negan's headquarters and he will get the 'iron brand' on his face for betraying Negan...and losing one of his wives.....

Not exactly...but I will confirm that a certain someone will be mentioned for the first time.... ;)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #511 on: November 29, 2015, 07:56:05 PM »
...the fuck? Why would you end it there?
There was too much wasted time this episode. Comic readers know the shitstorm that is literally moments away from the final scene. It's infuriating that they ended it there.....
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck Morgan. Time for you to die, or be exiled or something...

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:06:23 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #512 on: November 29, 2015, 08:02:15 PM »
Wait, there wasn't an after credits scene at all, they just shoved it into their other program. What the crap?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #513 on: November 29, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »
Ratings must be pretty bad for Into the Badlands....

I stuck around for the first few minutes and it's as dull as I expected

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #514 on: November 29, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »
NEGAN  :metal :metal

Offline faizoff

« Reply #515 on: November 29, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »
Kinda felt like an average episode again. My wife who's become a huge fan of the show also had the same observation that after the first three episodes everything has been really stretched out. The post credits scene or whatever it's called was probably the best part of the episode.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #516 on: November 29, 2015, 09:13:22 PM »
...the fuck? Why would you end it there?
There was too much wasted time this episode. Comic readers know the shitstorm that is literally moments away from the final scene. It's infuriating that they ended it there.....
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck Morgan. Time for you to die, or be exiled or something...

Yeah....that was a tad bit frustrating. Could have easily cut some of the wasted time out of that and given us a fully packed episode. I mean...like you said....literally ten seconds from the end of that there's going to be some major crap happening.

The 'Negan' mention makes me excited :metal   I'm guessing that whole situation leads to Jesus showing up to help Daryl and Co. out of that situation

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #517 on: November 29, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »
Ratings must be pretty bad for Into the Badlands....

I stuck around for the first few minutes and it's as dull as I expected

Don't know what the ratings are but it's actually not that bad a show. the fight scenes are top notch......the story is getting better......the acting is average but the characters are starting to get a bit more defined.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #518 on: November 30, 2015, 04:09:13 AM »
Well that was a highly disappointing mid-season finale.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: November 30, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »
Well that was a highly disappointing mid-season finale.

There were quite a few cheesy poorly acted moments that just seemed out of place as well.  Im done, Ill set next half to DVR and I will likely watch it as I get the time too, but this is not a must see show anymore.  I really thought there was potential for an awesome episode, instead it ended up similar to the last few, slow paced and poorly acted.  I would add the story telling in this one was just bad all around. 

The whole Morgan vs. Carol thing seemed like a joke.  Honestly, if your town is starting to be overrun, the injured wolf is the least of my concerns.  Carol had no business trying to kill him in that moment, way too much shit going down for that to matter at all, let alone try to fight and possibly kill your own for. 

The young boy who is clearly disturbed by Rick, looks like he is on heroin or something.  How does a Mom ignore him so badly and how does he get so sickly looking?  His "Mommy" at the end of the episode was pretty awesome though, to me the best moment of the episode.

I also love how Rick tells Dianna that she should not be left alone, and then leaves her alone. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #520 on: November 30, 2015, 05:45:40 AM »
With Judith to snack on when she eventually turned.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #521 on: November 30, 2015, 06:35:15 AM »
Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

I wasn't expecting a great episode but I also wasn't expecting the piece of shit they aired last night. Seriously, that should have been episode 7 and they should have had the midseason finale be the next episode. They could have cut out around 3 episodes of garbage this year. Leave it to The Walking Dead to make a town over run with zombies BORING!!! I almost swore off the show until I remembered why Rick has the hatchet. The show has 8 episodes to keep watching after this season. If they fuck up Neegan I'm out immediately.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #522 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:00 AM »
Rick took Judith away before leaving.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2015, 06:38:57 AM »

Did they show that?  I thought he left her as well, but that just seemed too ridiculous and we later saw Judith wrapped up with Carl I think as they walked out. So I kind of didn't believe he lefft Judith with Deanna, but I honestly did not recall seeing Rick take her.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: November 30, 2015, 07:21:31 AM »

Did they show that?  I thought he left her as well, but that just seemed too ridiculous and we later saw Judith wrapped up with Carl I think as they walked out. So I kind of didn't believe he lefft Judith with Deanna, but I honestly did not recall seeing Rick take her.

They did show it.....he walked over to the crib and picked her up and left the room.

I also love how Rick tells Dianna that she should not be left alone, and then leaves her alone. 

He said he would go find someone to come sit with her.....and then the next scene with her was Michonne showing up......