Author Topic: Nightwish...  (Read 323305 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Nightwish...
« Reply #3955 on: April 30, 2024, 11:24:10 AM »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3956 on: May 01, 2024, 05:10:39 AM »
It was indeed! it makes me optimistic for the album.

Thinkiing waaaaaaaay ahead, unless something dramatic happens and the band does not retire for good, when they will come back, will they do another album or they will do a "we missed you guys" kind of tour? playing, let's say, only in 2027 songs that were released in 2024? what I mean, will we get a "Winterwynde tour" three or four years belated, a greatest hits tour, or a tour for album 11? well, let's start to enjoy this album for now  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3957 on: Today at 08:55:56 AM »
New song is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCaZmIzr0o

Sounds kind of like NW of the last two albums to me, very familiar sound and style.  Good song after one listen.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3958 on: Today at 08:56:48 AM »
New song is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCaZmIzr0o

Sounds kind of like NW of the last two albums to me, very familiar sound and style.  Good song after one listen.

Song was fine. Like you said, same as last two albums, which doesn't do much for me.

But that video....eesh. That's a rough video.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3959 on: Today at 11:52:01 AM »
Song is quite cool, I'm confident for the album.

The video is only going to be a "problem" until the album will be out, then, who's even gonna watch it anyway?  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3960 on: Today at 12:42:30 PM »
It sounds exactly how the current Nightwish lineup would sound.

I love them utilizing Floors operatic vocals more and the orchestration. Reminds me of a blend of Pendulum and The Poet, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, and Procession.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3961 on: Today at 12:52:08 PM »
Reminds me of a blend of Pendulum and The Poet, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, and Procession.

Yeah, I can see that. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3962 on: Today at 01:17:51 PM »
Music video is amazing by the way
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3963 on: Today at 01:19:38 PM »
I was thinking it was my work laptop, but seems a lot of people are saying what I felt... the mix sucks.  Floor is too low.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3964 on: Today at 01:34:06 PM »
I was thinking it was my work laptop, but seems a lot of people are saying what I felt... the mix sucks.  Floor is too low.

She is not. The main focus is the music and how her vocals mix with it. That's the entire premise of Music and Noise.

Sometimes vocals need to be mixed lower than the music in order to bring out the presentation and purpose of the art.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3965 on: Today at 01:34:48 PM »

Okay, so it wasn't just me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #3966 on: Today at 03:09:29 PM »
She is not. The main focus is the music and how her vocals mix with it. That's the entire premise of Music and Noise.

Sometimes vocals need to be mixed lower than the music in order to bring out the presentation and purpose of the art.

The mix sounds fine to me, listened through my Bose Atmos bar and it was fantastic.
Best thing for me is how good everything sounds, even the drums have a nice punch.
For me this is NW best lead off single since Nemo.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3967 on: Today at 04:17:11 PM »
Listening on my work headphones and it's much better, but Floor is still too low in the mix IMO.  She's just too good and powerful to not be a bit louder. Orchestration is louder than her.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3968 on: Today at 08:59:18 PM »
Listening on my work headphones and it's much better, but Floor is still too low in the mix IMO.  She's just too good and powerful to not be a bit louder. Orchestration is louder than her.

Did you even read my post.  :lol