Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 220708 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #3500 on: February 06, 2024, 10:51:31 PM »
Watched the 6 part mini series on Netflix, Griselda.  Pretty good and I absolutely hated the main character and to me, getting that emotion out of me must mean Sofia Vergera killed it.  I just couldn't stand how terrible of a person she was, and it just gets worse, but man, I felt my hatred for her brewing episode after episode.  Good watch and its based on a true story.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3501 on: February 07, 2024, 02:23:12 AM »
Finished the first season of One Piece. Without the comics as reference, I'd say it's a slam dunk and an absolutely fantastic first season. I was told it was pretty faithful anyway and looking images of the characters, I'd say the casting and costume choices were perfect. Can't wait for season 2!

Also, at long last, I bid farewell to Sex Education, finished the last season yesterday. Not really the best, but overall the show was very good and even if out of the Moordale setting there wasn't the magic of the first seasons, it ended quite decently, it basically gave closure to most of the main characters, and all in all wrapped up things in a way that allows you to reflect positively on the series. Probably another show where the first season is the best, but it was a nice, fun ride and I'm glad to have been a part of it!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3502 on: February 07, 2024, 05:26:21 AM »
Extended Family.

Yehh....I tried that one.  I like Abigail Spencer, but....  I thought the pilot was ok.  I missed the second episode.  I got about halfway through the third episode before turning it off and canceling the season pass on my DVR.

I like Donald Faisson, I like Jon Cryer (mostly), but watching the trailers/clips... it looks so forced.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3503 on: February 07, 2024, 11:06:42 AM »
I saw that MAX is going to make the next episode of True Detective available on Friday, so as not to conflict with the Super Bowl.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3504 on: February 07, 2024, 12:00:58 PM »
Extended Family.

Yehh....I tried that one.  I like Abigail Spencer, but....  I thought the pilot was ok.  I missed the second episode.  I got about halfway through the third episode before turning it off and canceling the season pass on my DVR.

I like Donald Faisson, I like Jon Cryer (mostly), but watching the trailers/clips... it looks so forced.

Yeah...I never watched 2 1/2 Men (although I've seen a dozen plus random episodes here and there), so I don't have a ton of background with Cryer, but I remember him getting a lot of accolades for the show.  He was probably the worst part of what I saw.  I liked the Donald Faison character.  Honestly, the premise probably doesn't have a long shelf life, and the writing was subpar.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3505 on: February 07, 2024, 12:08:23 PM »
Extended Family.

Yeah...I never watched 2 1/2 Men (although I've seen a dozen plus random episodes here and there), so I don't have a ton of background with Cryer, but I remember him getting a lot of accolades for the show.  He was probably the worst part of what I saw.  I liked the Donald Faison character.  Honestly, the premise probably doesn't have a long shelf life, and the writing was subpar.

Funny enough, I like Jon Cryer, but he's almost always best in serious roles with a touch of humor.  The broad comedy of something like Two and a Half Men is... well, let's just say, the only redeeming thing about that show is the hot women that Charlie dated.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3506 on: February 08, 2024, 09:51:02 PM »
Extended Family.

Abigail Spencer steals the show and I'm a Jon Cryer fan. The show is definitely getting better and growing on me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3507 on: February 10, 2024, 08:12:25 PM »
With episode 5, True Detective: Night Country somehow got darker than it already was.

Can't wait to see to what depths we fall in the finale.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3508 on: February 10, 2024, 10:30:50 PM »
With episode 5, True Detective: Night Country somehow got darker than it already was.

No kidding. Great episode, hoping for a finale with a decent ending. I was curious why Navarro's breakdown in episode 4 wasn't brought up.

Also what a miserable place to live, I would not survive a place like that for long.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3509 on: February 11, 2024, 04:40:46 AM »

No kidding. Great episode, hoping for a finale with a decent ending. I was curious why Navarro's breakdown in episode 4 wasn't brought up.

Also what a miserable place to live, I would not survive a place like that for long.
I know, right? I can't think of any upside to living there.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #3510 on: February 11, 2024, 03:29:39 PM »

Agree. Tough to see an upslde and obviously the show isn't helping. Loving this show and really hoping it sticks the landing. Feels like lots more to come and not heaps of time to get there.

I think with the Navarro breakdown, it could have been because of the length of the show and things needing to be cut. This episode opens (I think) six days later than episode 4 so I guess it is indirectly explained with the time jump..Navarro lost it, they found Heiss, Danvers helped Navarro and got Heiss to hospital to get some treatment. Navarro rests and recovers etc...episode 5 then begins with a recovered Navarro cremating her sister.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3511 on: February 12, 2024, 09:31:08 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3512 on: February 12, 2024, 09:43:07 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Got to catch up on this and True Detective tonight, I know TD was on Friday but we just didn't get a chance to watch over the weekend.

Another show that's airing now that we are watching: Next Level Chef.  A cooking show my gf got me onto when it first started a couple years ago, but this season they changed the beginning format up and it's been a fun first 3 episodes.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3513 on: February 12, 2024, 11:29:25 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

"J.G. Wentworth... I need cash NOW!"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3514 on: February 12, 2024, 11:44:21 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

"J.G. Wentworth... I need cash NOW!"

:lol I can't stand her! And larry counting down the days  :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3515 on: February 12, 2024, 08:55:08 PM »

Agree. Tough to see an upslde and obviously the show isn't helping. Loving this show and really hoping it sticks the landing. Feels like lots more to come and not heaps of time to get there.

I think with the Navarro breakdown, it could have been because of the length of the show and things needing to be cut. This episode opens (I think) six days later than episode 4 so I guess it is indirectly explained with the time jump..Navarro lost it, they found Heiss, Danvers helped Navarro and got Heiss to hospital to get some treatment. Navarro rests and recovers etc...episode 5 then begins with a recovered Navarro cremating her sister.

Good golly……this show. Just lots of uplifting stuff!  :lol    But one heck of a season…..can’t wait to see how this gets wrapped up!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3516 on: February 12, 2024, 08:56:54 PM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Watched first two episodes of final season. In Larry’s way of saying things……Ehhhhhh…..it’s ok. Been a couple funny parts but I can see why he’s hanging it up after this.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3517 on: February 13, 2024, 08:30:01 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Watched first two episodes of final season. In Larry’s way of saying things……Ehhhhhh…..it’s ok. Been a couple funny parts but I can see why he’s hanging it up after this.

Yeah, he's forcing some comedy and at times it's pretty cringe... but there's times when it's still hilarious.  The entire lawn jockey thing was a repeat of many previous curb episodes though.  Funny, but too nostalgic of itself really.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3518 on: February 13, 2024, 08:41:42 AM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Yeah, he's forcing some comedy and at times it's pretty cringe... but there's times when it's still hilarious.  The entire lawn jockey thing was a repeat of many previous curb episodes though.  Funny, but too nostalgic of itself really.

It's funny; I was watching the scene where he gets in his car and it's probably the first time I ever thought, "really? THIS joke again?"  I mean, he did it in his way, and it was funny, but I'm hoping that was the exception not the rule.  I know he's planting seeds for later, as he does (the counting days, for one, smacks of that, as does the celebrity of the girl in his show) and I'll ride it out, but I want to escape in his comedy, not be thinking "seen it!".

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3519 on: February 13, 2024, 01:56:13 PM »
Finished up the docuseries The Power of Film on TCM.  Really great exploration of common themes and storytelling elements present in great and popular films throughout history.  Really nice for film nerds, and maybe for wannabe film nerds as well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3520 on: February 13, 2024, 06:45:28 PM »
Hef, where did you watch this?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3521 on: February 13, 2024, 07:02:33 PM »
I haven't watched NCIS since maybe season 8 I believe. It was my favorite show at the time, the only show I watched regularly, and the only show my then girlfriend/now wife both liked. I lost track of it when we had our first kid. Since 2008 its "Viewership Rank" has never been lower than 5th. I just saw that it started its 21st season this week, with episode #458. Goodness gracious!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3522 on: February 14, 2024, 04:26:29 AM »
And I watched it last night. Great eppisode.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3523 on: February 14, 2024, 07:59:21 AM »
I like Gary Cole, but I miss Gibbs.   A lot.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3524 on: February 14, 2024, 09:07:29 AM »
Hef, where did you watch this?

Finished up the docuseries The Power of Film on TCM.  Really great exploration of common themes and storytelling elements present in great and popular films throughout history.  Really nice for film nerds, and maybe for wannabe film nerds as well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3525 on: February 14, 2024, 10:28:49 AM »
Thank you.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3526 on: February 14, 2024, 12:52:48 PM »
Thank you.
I thought it would be available on MAX, but it wasn't last time I looked, so I had to watch it On Demand through my cable provider (yes, I still have one).

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3527 on: February 14, 2024, 11:13:12 PM »

I've always liked him too. I didn't even know Gibbs was not on the show any longer until recently - and at this point I don't even want to know why, so no one tell me! We frequently talk about how virtually no member of a band is irreplaceable. And I guess that goes for TV show characters too. But man, just thinking about NCIS without Gibbs is nearly impossible.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3528 on: February 15, 2024, 10:43:02 AM »

I've always liked him too. I didn't even know Gibbs was not on the show any longer until recently - and at this point I don't even want to know why, so no one tell me! We frequently talk about how virtually no member of a band is irreplaceable. And I guess that goes for TV show characters too. But man, just thinking about NCIS without Gibbs is nearly impossible.

Holy crap!  My wife and I watched NCIS: LA for many years.  She watched the OG show for years, but I never did.  I always called it "NCIS: Cranky Pants," with Gibbs being "Cranky Pants."  How can you have NCIS: Cranky Pants without Cranky Pants?!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3529 on: February 15, 2024, 01:42:11 PM »
It's been 3 years since he left the show.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3530 on: February 15, 2024, 07:06:24 PM »
Was NCIS:LA the one with Chris O'Donnell? I remember liking that one quite a bit, putting their own spin on a solid, familiar formula.

When you aren't on social media like some of us, getting information can take time.  :)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3531 on: February 15, 2024, 09:24:36 PM »
Season 3 of Resident Alien kicked off this week. Considering how badly SyFy has botched the handling of this show, I'm not sure how long it will last. Their total mishandling of season 2 caused them to reduce the episode count for this season.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3532 on: February 16, 2024, 04:35:08 AM »
Was NCIS:LA the one with Chris O'Donnell? I remember liking that one quite a bit, putting their own spin on a solid, familiar formula.

When you aren't on social media like some of us, getting information can take time.  :)

Yes. Now that the LA show is done, LL Cool J joined the Hawaii show.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3533 on: February 16, 2024, 06:04:36 AM »

Well, to be fair, they were sort of coy with his leaving, never REALLY officially saying "he's GONE!".   And to my recollection (which may be flawed, I fully accept) even when they said he was gone, he ended up appearing in the following season, setting up a story line.  I still think he's not FULLY gone and there will be a denouement when the time comes.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3534 on: February 16, 2024, 04:19:36 PM »
We started watching and finishing Season 1 of The Sinner.

Maybe this has been discussed already but the premise is a detective is not trying to solve cases but is trying to figure out why ordinary people would murder or kill the victims.

The first season really drew us in because there were a couple of scenes where we would go "oh know, don't go there". Oh DAMN they went there!!

We're on season 3 so we will see how it goes.