Author Topic: Do you doubt?  (Read 7007 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: Do you doubt?
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 12:40:51 PM »
I don't feel any action needs to be taken. I don't even know what that picture was supposed to be, so I can't say if it was malicious or not. Definitely WTF though

I think many people don't want to believe there is a God because they are too narcissistic to want to be governed by some supreme being.

For the record, tick, this is kind of a condescending comment.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
I don't feel any action needs to be taken. I don't even know what that picture was supposed to be, so I can't say if it was malicious or not. Definitely WTF though

I think many people don't want to believe there is a God because they are too narcissistic to want to be governed by some supreme being.

I don't agree. Can I make a general statement without having to endure the predictable shitstorm?  If you don't agree, learn how to respectful disagree or just ignore it. Its not that hard, is it?
It has become sport to fuck with just about anything I say.
I stand by what I said. As I said before, I don't intentionally fuck with people because I don't agree with things they say. Its about respect.
You don't have to make the determination that its malicious. I know it pissed me off and I know it was a bullshit response designed to agitate and lay the bait for the desired response.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 11:16:50 PM »
Tick, while I agree with you that many people here are too quick to attack you whenever they at even the slightest opportunity, that generalization is just ridiculous.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2011, 03:29:17 AM »
Tick, while I agree with you that many people here are too quick to attack you whenever they at even the slightest opportunity, that generalization is just ridiculous.
That's fine. I never try and make anyone agree with my points, but never the less I should be able to post a sentence with a 10 response cluster fuck to follow.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2011, 03:30:33 AM »

I don't necessarily think so.  He didn't say "all people who don't believe" or even "most."  He said "many."  If that is his honest opinion, then it isn't condescending, it is his observation.  And frankly, I think the same thing of some nonbelievers.  Not all, not most, but more than a few, maybe even "many."

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
I don't think it was anything particularly condescending as much as it was just throwing out a very generalized statement with no support whatsoever.  You're entitled to that, but it's pretty adverse to making any sort of a convincing point. 

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2011, 10:26:23 AM »
I don't think it was anything particularly condescending as much as it was just throwing out a very generalized statement with no support whatsoever.  You're entitled to that, but it's pretty adverse to making any sort of a convincing point. 
I'm really not trying to convince anyone of anything? Its how I feel. We all live life and make our own observations about stuff from what we experience. What I said is what I believe. I don't generally make statements that are arrogant in the sense that I am telling people they should adhere to my beliefs.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2011, 11:21:53 AM »
To answer the question the OP had made. Yes, sometimes I doubt my own beliefs from time to time and think "What if X is really true?". But that's generally because I have a hard time trusting and believing anything in this world often times.

I mean, I believe in the universe and it being one collective creation of everything that goes along within it. And I believe in the Universe's overall neutrality, that everything just happens and there is no good or evil until man decides so. But every now and then I have to ask myself whether or not I still believe that, because I've gone through multiple changes in the past 6 years in terms of belief systems.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Vivace

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2011, 09:17:36 AM »
I doubt sometimes but reason and prayer always brings me back to belief and faith.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"