Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe v2 (SPOILERS)  (Read 255015 times)

Offline erwinrafael

Re: Avengers: Endgame -- PUT ALL SPOILERS HERE ONLY
« Reply #2835 on: April 27, 2019, 06:47:24 PM »
Will the coming Black Widow prequel finally show us Budapest?

I love how Jeremy and Scarlett acted out their excitement going on a space mission. Despite the grim circumstances, these two nunsuper powered Avengers have come far.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2836 on: April 27, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »
Also, was M'Baku in that final battle? He was listed in the credits, but I didn't see him. But again, as I said, it was a whole lot to take in. I'm sure there's tons I missed.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2837 on: April 27, 2019, 06:59:41 PM »
Given that one of the tesseract dissapeared with Loki, and knowing that Cap put one ot he other tesseract back when Tony took it, I wonder what happened to Loki in that timeline? Because he managed to escape, did Cap fixed that too?

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #2838 on: April 27, 2019, 07:17:50 PM »
Will the coming Black Widow prequel finally show us Budapest?

I love how Jeremy and Scarlett acted out their excitement going on a space mission. Despite the grim circumstances, these two nunsuper powered Avengers have come far.

The answer is, honestly, "we don't know yet". We don't know a lot about it, since it won't enter production until June of this year. It's rumored to be an origin story of sorts, with focus on her recruitment from the Soviet Union during the 90s and her early days in SHIELD. The Y2K bug is also rumored to be a plot point. Those are both RUMORS, and they may very well not be true. A lot of them turn out not to be (mY reMatCh iS coMinG i CaN feEl iT *fist bump*). It could also be the subject of the [again] RUMORED Hawkeye Disney+ series. We don't know yet.

Given that one of the tesseract dissapeared with Loki, and knowing that Cap put one ot he other tesseract back when Tony took it, I wonder what happened to Loki in that timeline? Because he managed to escape, did Cap fixed that too?

Well, time travel gets hairy usually. There seem to be two types of time-travel in the MCU: the short-term time stone travel which moves things back and forth along one time-line, and the quantum realm/AoS season 5 kind of time travel which creates parallel universes. There is likely another timeline where Loki did escape with the Tesseract and is off doing whatever (or ends up on the same path anyways). But, for the purposes of our main timeline, Loki is dead and gone. Altering the past doesn't affect the current timeline, which is a really smart way of doing it imo.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2839 on: April 27, 2019, 07:21:40 PM »
Also, was M'Baku in that final battle? He was listed in the credits, but I didn't see him. But again, as I said, it was a whole lot to take in. I'm sure there's tons I missed.
I'm quite sure I saw him in the battle.

I don't know what all Cap did or which timeline he went back to return the Tesseract, I assume it's the same one he took it from. For Loki disappearing with it I think that takes on another thread on its own which many believe will be the TV show that will be on Disney+
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Adami

« Reply #2840 on: April 27, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
I think the movie was mostly fine with the time travel. They set up their rules and largely stuck to them.

The ONLY issue I have...a bit...is old man cap. I'm not sure why old man cap was in the prime timeline. When he went back to the 40's and stayed with Peggy, that would have been an alternate timeline.

I heard someone say that maybe (all conjecture) Cap lived out his life with Peggy in that alternate timeline, and then after she died, he found a way back to the prime line and went to where he was to he could pass on the shield and not just leave them all hanging and confused. You know what? Good enough for me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #2841 on: April 27, 2019, 07:35:39 PM »
I think the movie was mostly fine with the time travel. They set up their rules and largely stuck to them.

The ONLY issue I have...a bit...is old man cap. I'm not sure why old man cap was in the prime timeline. When he went back to the 40's and stayed with Peggy, that would have been an alternate timeline.

I heard someone say that maybe (all conjecture) Cap lived out his life with Peggy in that alternate timeline, and then after she died, he found a way back to the prime line and went to where he was to he could pass on the shield and not just leave them all hanging and confused. You know what? Good enough for me.

There are two explanations:

1) Cap still had the shrinky dinky suit, so he used that as Old Man America to travel to the Primeline and pass on his mantle.
2) Cap going back in time created a stable time loop type deal, where there were always two Caps in the world up until 2023. Restoring the Infinity Stones did a "restore the timeline" type thing, according to Banner and the Sorcerer Supreme. Peggy Carter mentions having moved on with someone and having kids in one of the Captain America movies.

Thinking about either makes my brain hurt. The best way to deal with time travel stories is not to think about them.

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #2842 on: April 27, 2019, 09:09:54 PM »
So, APPARENTLY, Howard the Duck showed up through one of those portals at the end battle. He's to the right, behind Hope.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2843 on: April 27, 2019, 09:15:39 PM »
So, APPARENTLY, Howard the Duck showed up through one of those portals at the end battle. He's to the right, behind Hope.

Well now their victory makes sense.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2844 on: April 27, 2019, 09:44:36 PM »

That's amazing. Seriously?! I'm keeping an eye out for that next time
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2845 on: April 27, 2019, 10:08:14 PM »
Shut the hell up.... that's so awesome. I wonder how many other tidbit characters snuck into that scene.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2846 on: April 27, 2019, 10:58:59 PM »
I have a few other issues with the time travel aspect of it. If present Nebula killed the evil version of herself from the past, wouldn’t that erase her from existence? Same goes to past Thanos and his army, if their past versions were killed, there would never be an original attack in the first place, they would end up messing the timeline even worse. What happened to past Gamora?

The only explainer I can come up with is that Tony’s snap didn’t *kill* them, but rather sent them all back to their timeline with no memories of it (that would include bringing past Nebula back). Any thoughts on this?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2847 on: April 27, 2019, 11:36:55 PM »
They explain during the movie that's not how time travel rules work here.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #2848 on: April 28, 2019, 12:18:09 AM »
Yep, it's not Back to the Future rules in the MCU. Traveling back in time is actually a future, so it just results to multiple timelines.

Do they really need the quantum tunnel to go back to the past? Tony and Cap improvising really got me thinking about that, as this might hold the key about old Cap. I think old Cap grew old in a different timeline, because the shield he gave Sam is still whole.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2849 on: April 28, 2019, 12:20:12 AM »
Yup... "You mean Back to the Future is complete bullshit??"  :lol

I was curious about what happened to Gamora though, in the final scene on the ship with Thor and the other Guardians, the first thing Quill is looking at is her on the screen looking very similar to the picks of those snapped in the beginning scenes, and he wipes it away real quickly. I'd like to get a longer look at that shot, probably give some deep info on what's happening/going to happen.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #2850 on: April 28, 2019, 12:24:39 AM »
I think Gamora was snapped by Tony. He did not know that there was a good Gamora running around so he most likely just thought of everybody who came from 2014.

Thanos:
-Now, I may be crazy here, but there are moments where Thanos is wielding Stormbreaker and Mijolnir in the big battle. Does that mean he's one of the 4 characters deemed worthy?

I don't remember Thanos wielding Mjolnir, only Strombreaker. Thor was so happy when Mjolnir came to him because it meant he is still worthy. I think this means that Stormbreaker does not need somebody to be worthy to be wielded, it does not hve that Asgardian enchantment.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:54:28 AM by erwinrafael »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2851 on: April 28, 2019, 05:08:22 AM »

I just assumed they planned a whole extensive mission, including how to get the stones into their former state. But that could've been a film on it's own.

Some timelines are definitely permanently affected, with Thanos and his army and Nebula/Gamora being gone and all. Can't fix that.

But from the Ancient One's reaction and Dr Strange his remarks, I think almost every timeline was fucked with Thanos being "inevitable" as he himself put it. That is why they both gave away the timestone to create/save the one the viewers are following.

Yep, it's not Back to the Future rules in the MCU. Traveling back in time is actually a future, so it just results to multiple timelines.

Do they really need the quantum tunnel to go back to the past? Tony and Cap improvising really got me thinking about that, as this might hold the key about old Cap. I think old Cap grew old in a different timeline, because the shield he gave Sam is still whole.

It isn't said or explained, but I think Hank Pym timetravel (tech) may be different to timestone timetravel (magic). Maybe Cap got some help of the Ancient One back in New York, he did bring the stone to here after all.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:13:57 AM by ErHaO »

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #2852 on: April 28, 2019, 07:40:32 AM »
643 million dollars worldwide were FRIDAY estimates. 156 million domestic on friday. That's 30 million more than Shazam have earned in its entirety. This may break a billion dollars worldwide the first weekend..it's total insanity  :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #2853 on: April 28, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
So I have to point out two minor issues I had at the end of the film.

1) Cap's future self. I really love the story of it. I just felt like it was REALLY rushed. Sam just finds him, has no reaction, is totally cool with it and everyone moves on. Feels like we needed a few more minutes to explore the weight of this action.
2) Tony's funeral. That shot of all the people. I feel like you got a few of the actors there and then a bunch of stand ins, followed by CGing the rest of the actors over the doubles and it just feels..........off. Did anyone else notice this?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2854 on: April 28, 2019, 08:45:19 AM »
Do you think they’ve left the possibility of a ‘Captain America’ movie that A) Either explains the delivery of the stones back to their proper locations in time? Say, it didn’t go ‘smoothly’ or B) While living his life of peace and ‘normalcy’ he still has to take part in one ‘last’ adventure?

Or are they just gonna call it even?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2855 on: April 28, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
The shots at Tony's funeral looked totally fine to me

Offline Adami

« Reply #2856 on: April 28, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »
Do you think they’ve left the possibility of a ‘Captain America’ movie that A) Either explains the delivery of the stones back to their proper locations in time? Say, it didn’t go ‘smoothly’ or B) While living his life of peace and ‘normalcy’ he still has to take part in one ‘last’ adventure?

Honestly, I don't see us getting that specific movie. Chris Evans will not be getting his own movie again. Will he cameo as old man cap? Maybe. But that story, of him delivering the stones, was just a plot device to give him the emotional closure we got. So I don't see that it'll serve a purpose. If they want a fun adventure movie, they can do a different one with a different character.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #2857 on: April 28, 2019, 08:57:30 AM »
So I have to point out two minor issues I had at the end of the film.

1) Cap's future self. I really love the story of it. I just felt like it was REALLY rushed. Sam just finds him, has no reaction, is totally cool with it and everyone moves on. Feels like we needed a few more minutes to explore the weight of this action.
2) Tony's funeral. That shot of all the people. I feel like you got a few of the actors there and then a bunch of stand ins, followed by CGing the rest of the actors over the doubles and it just feels..........off. Did anyone else notice this?

I mean...Black Widow gets e-mails from a raccoon. I'm not sure anyone in the MCU can be surprised by anything at this point.

Chris Evans seems to be 100% done with his role as Captain America, and is ready to move on to directing. I think this is the absolute last time we'll see Captain America outside of reused footage.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2858 on: April 28, 2019, 08:59:37 AM »
Not the shock, but the emotional weight of no more cap. I just wanted 5 more minutes of that. Felt a bit rushed is all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2859 on: April 28, 2019, 09:25:33 AM »
Speaking of that moment.....with the changing of the Guard of Captain America to 'the Falcon'....or Sam Wilson....wasn't the whole premise behind Captain America that he had super human qualities...strength...etc etc. Does Falcon have that? Seems like to me he's more or less ordinary?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2860 on: April 28, 2019, 09:31:59 AM »
I think Cap's sendoff was sorta tricky to pull off when he didn't die in the movie like Tony did. I think it was an easier wrap up for Tony with the funeral and other cameos (which I thought was really well done). But for Cap they had to tie off the story with the stones and then give him a proper sendoff, which I think was much harder to emotionally encompass right after an epic battle and Tony dying. So yeah it probably didn't flow as well but that probably was the best way to do it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2861 on: April 28, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
Speaking of that moment.....with the changing of the Guard of Captain America to 'the Falcon'....or Sam Wilson....wasn't the whole premise behind Captain America that he had super human qualities...strength...etc etc. Does Falcon have that? Seems like to me he's more or less ordinary?

If I understand what they're going for, then I guess Captain America is merely a title, but... you're right. Sam has no superpowers, he just has military grade weaponry. He's like War Machine but more agile. Then again if The Captain America thought he was worthy to hold the shield, well, there ya go. But I agree.

I also agree, I think this is the last time we see Chris Evans, however I just thought of something - it would be cool if, since Stan Lee (RIP) is no longer with us, maybe old Avengers could make Stan Lee-sized cameos. Very brief stuff. I would like to see old Cap having coffee for a quick second in a future film :P

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2862 on: April 28, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
That's a cool idea Katt.

The shots at Tony's funeral looked totally fine to me

ditto

I wish they'd given the mantel of Captain America to Bucky, but I understand why it was given to Sam ... I mean, Anthony Mackie.

I'm trying to not think too hard about the Cap-epilogue, because if I do, there are a LOT of holes in it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #2863 on: April 28, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »

If I understand what they're going for, then I guess Captain America is merely a title, but... you're right. Sam has no superpowers, he just has military grade weaponry. He's like War Machine but more agile. Then again if The Captain America thought he was worthy to hold the shield, well, there ya go. But I agree.

It's an idea taken from the comic books:

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2864 on: April 28, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
But didn't Mackie say he was done with the MCU?

Offline Adami

« Reply #2865 on: April 28, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
Haven't seen Mackie say that.

I'm happy with Sam being Cap. Bucky, while the original choice in the comics, doesn't seem to be the right guy in the MCU. He was not too long ago the worlds most wanted man for murder. He killed the Stark parents. He has a LOT of trauma to work through. If he became cap, other than being from the comics, it wouldn't have made as much sense. Sam, on the other hand, is a good hearted soldier, personally groomed by Steve. He's the right guy. He'll be a very different Captain America, which I think works in his favor.

I still wish the movie had been 5-10 min longer and given cap a more deserving send off. The idea was genius, but could have been expanded upon a bit. Ah well. Doesn't tarnish my enjoyment. Excited to see it again in 3 weeks. Hoping to get tickets to see in IMAX in the Chinese theater in LA. Go big or go home.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2866 on: April 28, 2019, 11:55:45 AM »

I'm trying to not think too hard about the Cap-epilogue, because if I do, there are a LOT of holes in it.

Pretty much any aspect of the film can have holes if we overthink it, but again, emails from raccoons bro, emails from raccoons.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2867 on: April 28, 2019, 12:02:59 PM »
I would have done the same being Cap.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2868 on: April 28, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »
Scrolling past her pic to the Neal Morse gif in your sig is just priceless :lol