Author Topic: Dream Theater self titled album discussion - [SPOILER FREE DISCUSSION ONLY]  (Read 913185 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Still very surprised we haven't heard anything...

I guess the single will come same time as the pre-order announcement.

Yeah,  I figured that is most likely the case.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline aprilethereal

I think we may get the single next week, but that's just my gut feeling.

I've been thinking "we may get the single next week" for a couple of weeks now :smiley:

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
I think we may get the single next week, but that's just my gut feeling.

I've been thinking "we may get the single next week" for a couple of weeks now :smiley:

same here  :lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I predict that there won't be anything...not a snippet, not a single, probably not even an album at all -.-
I predict that you are incorrect.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolven74

• DTF.org Alumni
  • My body is not well
I predict whenever we get the announcement of the single the next 5 pages will be filled with

:panicattack:
Everything is immaterial. Do you know that reality is immaterial? This is not reality.
In what friggin' universe is a 68 minute long album "short"?

Offline aXygnus

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • We seek to understand. We cry with hand in hand.
I predict this post will be number 3575 in this topic.

And that someone else is gonna predict something.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
I predict whenever we get the announcement of the single the next 20 pages will be filled with

Offline Full Speed

Roadrunner said that the pre-order won't be up until August now, right? I assume that would be around the same time the single is released.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
I predict whenever we get the announcement of the single the next 50 pages will be filled with

That's better.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
we spend so much time waiting and speculating over 70ish minutes of music...
:lol

Offline lyfeternl

Only 70 minutes?!?!?!?!?!

:neverusethis:
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail

That's what this thread is for, isn't it? With DT, it isn't just 70 minutes of music. It's a Dream Theater record. There are more layers to this experience than other bands. We spend so much time speculating because that is what fans do.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
I've been a little on edge about the lack of an album title and traditional DT cover artwork.  Right now, I feel like this album has zero identity.  The music and lyrics better be pretty kick-ass.  I trust John Petrucci.  He's never let us down.  But I'm on edge about this one!  Just venting. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
I've been a little on edge about the lack of an album title and traditional DT cover artwork.  Right now, I feel like this album has zero identity.  The music and lyrics better be pretty kick-ass.  I trust John Petrucci.  He's never let us down.  But I'm on edge about this one!  Just venting.

I also dislike the lack of an album title. I've never really understand self-titled albums if they're not the debut.

It doesn't really matter, I suppose, I just like album titles.

Offline climberboy

To be honest with James' new album just out I don't think I'll have much problem waiting for the new album. This stuff is seriously rocking  :metal

Offline ibosmiley

To be honest with James' new album just out I don't think I'll have much problem waiting for the new album. This stuff is seriously rocking  :metal

Indeed.  Released in the states here next week officially... should hopefully tide people over until the single (or the album in general) are released.

I don't expect the DT album single anytime too soon personally.  Besides, there is some enjoyment in anticipation. :)

"Are you listening to the words I say.  In the meadows my thoughts dance and play.  I know now I'm the only one.  Who can convince the rising sun"

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
I predict whenever we get the announcement of the single the next 58 pages will be filled with

That's better.

NOW it is.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me

That's not a big loss :neverusethis:
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline lyfeternl

At this point, it'd be more appropriate to say the album had zero gravity...
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member

Ha!... I don't get it...

Offline lyfeternl

Ha!... I don't get it...

Hint: Space

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
We're still 8 weeks out.  Still lots of time.  Trust me when I say there is a lot coming.  But as to "when," you'll just have to be patient and wait and see.  But there will be a pretty steady flow of information and promotion between now and then.

This feels like a leak and is not acceptable on this thread.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
We're still 8 weeks out.  Still lots of time.  Trust me when I say there is a lot coming.  But as to "when," you'll just have to be patient and wait and see.  But there will be a pretty steady flow of information and promotion between now and then.

Bosk - Shhhhh. You'll get banananananannn.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB

Yeah, and don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Bosk. Your sad devotion to these ancient forum rules has not helped you conjure up the stolen BC&SL demo tapes or given you clairvoyance enough to find Mike Portnoy's hidden fortr- [gets forced choked]
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets

Yeah, and don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Bosk. Your sad devotion to these ancient forum rules has not helped you conjure up the stolen BC&SL demo tapes or given you clairvoyance enough to find Mike Portnoy's hidden fortr- [gets forced choked]

Didn't you hear? Portnoy's fortress was Shattered.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?

:vader: :clap:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline lyfeternl

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...

:rollin

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
This page just made my day  :rollin

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human

Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline XB0BX

Ha!... I don't get it...

I'm not following.

Offline AleBl4st

We'll get the single... Soon.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni

Ha!... I don't get it...

I'm not following.

Cover of the album
Zero gravity in space

This joke is completely dead.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
No. It never lived.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline XB0BX

Ha!... I don't get it...

I'm not following.

Cover of the album
Zero gravity in space

Go on.