Linked Events

• The Whirlwind Released: October 27, 2009

Author Topic: Transatlantic Official Thread  (Read 532383 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
Re: Transatlantic Official Thread
« Reply #5670 on: April 26, 2024, 04:37:02 PM »
Yeah with Redbubble you can upload any design or picture or whatever you want and get custom shirts, etc. printed. I’m sure it saves Radiant a good bit of money, but in my experience the quality isn’t that great.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5671 on: April 26, 2024, 07:24:59 PM »
Finally digging into this. Great to relive this night almost 2 years later. My copy is definitely stuttering on In Held Twas In I. Hopefully/maybe they'll issue replacement discs at some point.

Edit: Wow, a LOT of stuttering from In Held on through the rest of Night 1. They gotta fix that
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 07:56:50 PM by Metro »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5672 on: April 26, 2024, 07:29:49 PM »
Finally digging into this. Great to relive this night almost 2 years later. My copy is definitely stuttering on In Held Twas In I. Hopefully/maybe they'll issue replacement discs at some point.

So funny we were next to each other and it took a day and pictures posted to figure that out!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5673 on: April 26, 2024, 07:38:34 PM »
I got my Morsefest 2022 package from Radiant about a week ago. It looks and sounds great but the t-shirt is indeed shit quality :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5674 on: April 26, 2024, 08:20:16 PM »
So funny we were next to each other and it took a day and pictures posted to figure that out!

Right?  :lol I've been trying to spot us in the crowd but no luck.

The stuttering is constant all through Night 1 from In Held onward. Makes it really hard to enjoy this.  :-\

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #5675 on: April 26, 2024, 08:41:33 PM »
Finished Night 1 this evening. What a great performance, looking forward to digging into Night 2 tomorrow
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5676 on: April 26, 2024, 10:18:15 PM »
Watched the first four songs, basically CD 1 and this version of We All Need Some Light is just phenomenal. Feels so moving. Will watch rest of Whirlwind tomorrow and night 2 maybe later. I enjoyed the In Held live version quite a bit. Hadn't heard the song in a while and this live rendition is pretty cool.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5677 on: April 27, 2024, 05:49:19 PM »
I had no stuttering on the first night BD. Guess I should count myself lucky. I started with In Held and made it through at least half of The Whirlwind. Never noticed any issues, thankfully.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

« Reply #5678 on: April 27, 2024, 05:53:28 PM »
Night 2 was awesome. Great live release
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5679 on: April 27, 2024, 06:02:13 PM »
Yeah I have constant stuttering on both Blu-Ray discs. I contacted LaserCD, who told me to contact InsideOut. I sent them an email.

« Reply #5680 on: April 27, 2024, 06:03:58 PM »
That sucks so bad you guys are dealing with physical media issues, sorry to hear it :(
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5681 on: April 27, 2024, 06:39:34 PM »
Guess I better not do my usual and wait two weeks to break it out... :) :) :) :)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5682 on: April 27, 2024, 06:55:02 PM »
Guess I better not do my usual and wait two weeks to break it out... :) :) :) :)

Yeah definitely check it out sooner than later. And for me, the stuttering doesn't start until about half an hour in for both discs.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5683 on: April 27, 2024, 09:51:25 PM »
First thing I do with any bluray or CD I buy is to rip it to my hard drive, if I can't rip it then I try in another standby drive. Almost always the disc will rip with either. Though doesn't mean discs can be defective. I natively play the videos from the hard drive, don't have to deal with the unnecessary burden of unskippable menus and long disc loading times.

If you have a secondary bluray drive Metro, I'd try that.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online The Letter M

« Reply #5684 on: April 27, 2024, 10:20:51 PM »
Put the first BD on tonight after work and it's played just fine (though I was mostly listening rather than watching 100% of the time). The first hiccup I noticed was in DWEG at the line "At night the winds abate to chase", but up until that point, I didn't notice anything wrong. I'll probably give the 2nd BD a spin in the next few days and hopefully that'll be flawless!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #5685 on: April 28, 2024, 05:57:24 PM »
I've contacted Radiant three times about the stuttering since I got mine a month early. No response.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5686 on: April 28, 2024, 06:04:25 PM »
I've contacted Radiant three times about the stuttering since I got mine a month early. No response.

Probably not much Radiant can do since this was released under InsideOut records. Radiant is just the distributor. And given Radiant's track record, good luck getting a response from them.
I mentioned in my email to InsideOut that others were having the same issue. Hoping to hear a response from them soon.

I also tried both discs on another Blu-Ray player and had the same issues.

« Reply #5687 on: April 28, 2024, 06:17:09 PM »

Outrageous customer service. I'd leave a negative review on their Google Maps page
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5688 on: April 29, 2024, 07:26:13 AM »
Got an email from Thomas Waber, from InsideOut. He said they've gotten complaints from others having the same problem and they're looking into it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5689 on: April 29, 2024, 09:29:03 AM »
Also heard back from Ken from LaserCD. He contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed there’s no corrupted data on the discs, and most of the complaints they’ve had come from people playing the Blu-rays on a PlayStation 5. I played them on my PS5 as first but also tried them on a standard Sony Blu-ray player and they still stuttered.

He also said if anyone else is having issues to contact InsideOut directly at contact@insideout.de

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #5690 on: April 29, 2024, 09:39:15 AM »
Should be getting this one today so I'll check for the stuttering. Where is exactly the stuttering?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • sloth.jpg
« Reply #5691 on: April 29, 2024, 09:41:25 AM »
For me it started about 30 minutes into both discs, and then stuttered every few seconds for the rest of the show.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #5692 on: April 29, 2024, 10:09:29 AM »
Also heard back from Ken from LaserCD. He contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed there’s no corrupted data on the discs, and most of the complaints they’ve had come from people playing the Blu-rays on a PlayStation 5. I played them on my PS5 as first but also tried them on a standard Sony Blu-ray player and they still stuttered.

He also said if anyone else is having issues to contact InsideOut directly at contact@insideout.de

I am playing on PS5 also, so that checks! Maybe it's time to get a standalone player, it's not the first issue like this that I've had.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5693 on: April 30, 2024, 07:21:22 AM »

Thank you for that update.  Sincerely.  :)