Author Topic: BrotherH's Song Roulette -- FINAL ROUND RESULTS!!!!!  (Read 97565 times)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
Re: BrotherH's Song Roulette -- Round 4
« Reply #315 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
Quote from: 73109
I lost anyway.
Actually not quite.

At the end of Round 7 only three people will continue on.  Something I haven't told you yet is that if you are one of those 3, the points drop back down to zero, so everybody is at the same level for Round 8.

Yes, but the odds of me playing catch-up are nill.

And I'm ok, Brother H. I really want you to listen to that song and I hope you can appreciate excellent voices because if you ask any woman who has a knowledge of classic rock, and asked them if they could have any chicks voice, 73109 statistics show that about 9 out of 10 of them would ask for this chicks voice.

Disclaimer: 73109 statistics are not statistically not scientifically proven. They just make sense.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
We are all not that far feom each other. This scoring system actually has made it very fair in that sense. Well, that and the fact that BrotherH is pickier than a sick 3-year old who loves to eat boogers.

Sent.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
I sent mine about 3 hours ago, just want to post here and make sure you got it, BrotherH! Some good choices last round... and sorry to numbers, but technically Ayreon and Star One are not the same band, so it's still in the running! And because of how AAJ runs Ayreon, there's dozens of styles/sounds and vocalists/musicians he's played with, so depending on the rounds that follow, Ayreon could still be used.

Actually, I was surprised not to see Ayreon last round, or any other AAJ-related projects yet (Star One, Ambeon, Guilt Machine, and there's probably one or two more :lol )

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2011, 08:14:34 PM »
I'm not surprised you didn't like my song.

Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
Yeah I can see how you find the faceless terrible (its your opinion, definetly not mine). anyway will send the next song soon

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2011, 08:22:39 PM »
So is it supposed to be a song with ALL female vocals or just some?

Glad you like Dominici too. Check out O3/
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »
sent mine

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »
Listening to Dethklok's last submission. 

:lol  :metal

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Listening to Dethklok's last submission. 

:lol  :metal
why does everyone think its so funny lol. anyway you atleast seem to enjoy it (by using :metal). loltechnicaldeathmetal

Offline Ħ

« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2011, 09:58:21 PM »
So is it supposed to be a song with ALL female vocals or just some?

Glad you like Dominici too. Check out O3/
Probably all.  I mean, if there's an itty bitty male backing vocal or something, it doesn't make a difference.  Just use judgment and I'll be fine.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline jsem

« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »
Do you hate good music or something? Abigail is one of the finest metal albums of all time.  >:( >:( >:(

edited a ton of times
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:59:02 AM by jsem »

Offline jsem

« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2011, 06:30:43 AM »
by "operatic style of epica..." do you mean no operatic vocals, or do you mean no symphonic metal band?

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2011, 09:03:28 AM »
Textures only getting 1 point? WAT?!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:19 AM »
I like Textures, but they're definitely not for everyone. Especially not someone who isn't keen on "harsh" sounding metal.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »
I love the contrast of this one and UMH's in terms of patience.  10 pages for 4 rounds here, 4 pages for 4 rounds there.

Offline Nic35

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »
He was looking for a driving metal ballsy song. I thought he wanted heaviness, but that was too heavy I guess. :-[
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
He was looking for a driving metal ballsy song. I thought he wanted heaviness, but that was too heavy I guess. :-[
It wasn't driving at all.  It dragged horribly.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Nic35

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
Well that's your opinion, I thought it was driving as hell :metal

Offline jsem

« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2011, 02:19:58 PM »
by "operatic style of epica..." do you mean no operatic vocals, or do you mean no symphonic metal band?

Edit: nvm I'm sending them anyway. They deserve a listen. Freaking epic band.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »

Whoops, missed that.  By operatic I mean operatic vocals.

Offline jsem

« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2011, 02:30:18 PM »

Holy crap. YOu're destroying me. Lol. I might as well give up. I'm still going to tell you about this band after all this is done, because they are too epic.

Edit:
Is there ANY metal without female growls/operatic singing? SERIOUSLY? Or do you even want metal.. If sonata were here, he'd sent Björk for sure.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:39:13 PM by jsem »

Offline Nic35

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: February 08, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »
Seriously I have no idea of what I'll send. The female thing caught me off guard. :lol

Offline jsem

« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »
I'm going to lose this round to. Because whatever I send he won't appriciate. I can feel it.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »

Holy crap. YOu're destroying me. Lol. I might as well give up. I'm still going to tell you about this band after all this is done, because they are too epic.

Edit:
Is there ANY metal without female growls/operatic singing? SERIOUSLY? Or do you even want metal.. If sonata were here, he'd sent Björk for sure.
That's basically why I originally said "no metal."  But then people complained.

Offline jsem

« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »
Holy crap. Just realized: this means no operatic vocals from you know.. ACTUAL operas either.

>:( :mehlin  :facepalm:

:'(

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »
I'm surprised at the amount of trouble people seem to have with the whole "female vocalist" deal.  To me, it's the broadest and least restricted round since the first one.  

Offline jsem

« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
I'm guessing you sent Susanne Sundfor?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »
From what I recall, she had an operatic style, so it was good that you sent her when you did.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »
Yeah, this round is far from challenging IMO. :P I love female vocals (both harsh and clean) though so that's maybe sot the case for everyone...

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
I'm guessing you sent Susanne Sundfor?

I already sent her earlier. 

So I went ahead and sent my number 2 girl to try and give him something good.  (Ok, I realize what this last sentence sounded like  :lol )

But if you considered Susanne's style to be operatic, then a lot of voices will probably mean operatic to you.  I just hope my submission won't be considered as such. 

I have a good 10 female favorites to fall back on. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »
Just an update:

So far I've got one 2, three 3s, one 4, and one 5.

Offline jsem

« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Will you hate on bad old jazz production? Lol.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
I hope it is snowing where you are, BrotherH.  My song is best enjoyed while the ground is covered in snow and the lakes are frozen, and you are sipping a cup of hot chocolate by a fire and reminiscing. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »
Well...yeah probably.

Offline jsem

« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »
Well...yeah probably.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You are impossible. Lol. I now know almost nothing.