Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 646436 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #4585 on: June 27, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
Also....Jon Snow fell in love with a woman with a 'fire crotch'.....so....there's that.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4586 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »
Also....Jon Snow fell in love with a woman with a 'fire crotch'.....so....there's that.....

:rollin

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4587 on: June 27, 2016, 02:15:31 PM »
The only notable character development they've done this season, at least the only one that felt solid, was that of Jaimie Lannister, his conversations with Brienne Tarth, Edmure Tully, the Blackfish deal and finally Walder Frey were all strongly building towards him changing again, he's the roundest character of the series IMO, when he was talking to Walder Frey and Frey said something about them being similar to one another, you could see it on Jaimie's face as he's coming to grips with the thought "Am I.. am I be a piece of shit?" :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4588 on: June 27, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »
The only notable character development they've done this season, at least the only one that felt solid, was that of Jaimie Lannister, his conversations with Brienne Tarth, Edmure Tully, the Blackfish deal and finally Walder Frey were all strongly building towards him changing again, he's the roundest character of the series IMO, when he was talking to Walder Frey and Frey said something about them being similar to one another, you could see it on Jaimie's face as he's coming to grips with the thought "Am I.. am I be a piece of shit?" :lol

That scene with Jamie and Walder was awesome on so many levels. 

I would say Sansa's character grew quite a bit this season.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4589 on: June 27, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
There are 13 episodes left, as far as we know, so I think we're going to have some major deaths next season. I don't mean Margaery and Loras. I mean someone like Cersei.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4590 on: June 27, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
There are 13 episodes left, as far as we know,

Has any 'official' total been released as far as how many more episodes they are going to shoot?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4591 on: June 27, 2016, 02:32:40 PM »
It has been confirmed that there will be seven next season. As far as I know, there are supposed to be six in season eight though I'm not sure if that was confirmed.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4592 on: June 27, 2016, 02:38:10 PM »
I'm hoping it's not true or they change their minds, if there's only 13 episodes left then halfass-ment is enviable no matter how masterful they get with it.
I think if they make two more seasons, at 10 episodes each, it would work out only if they continue on the rapid pace of story we've seen this season and I won't be completely satisfied with that but it could be decent enough.
Perfect case is 10 seasons, normal 10 episodes seasons, to really allow for character development and conflicts to cook and make sense the way they used to.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4593 on: June 27, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
With the mass killing of characters this season, a shortened season may not mean it will be faster paced that last one.  Could mean more time to focus on the characters still alive.  Just speculation though.  I expect the pace to be just as quick as last episode. 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4594 on: June 27, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »
The High Sparrow was an ass.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4595 on: June 27, 2016, 02:54:09 PM »
 :lol  Yes

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4596 on: June 27, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
I understand the need to wrap some things up and set them up for next season but they should've swapped the last two sequences. Cersei sitting on the throne is way more powerful of an ending.

Absolutely agree. I was actually prepared for Cersei's scene to be the last of the season. Dany got enough season finales, Cersei's "yo bitches, you spent 6 years thinking of Dany has a queen, GUESS WHAT" would have been the best way to wrap it up since there were no White Walkers.

Can we please talk about that amazing music for the King's Landing scenes? I mean seriously, that music made some great scenes absolutely perfect.

It was wonderful and breathtaking. The best music / scene combination of the entire series, I'd daresay. Stunning work!!!!

And for the first time in the series, I somehow rooted for Cersei. I really hate that bitch and her smug face (Stunning work from Lena Headey really, I guess whenever I'll see her somewhere else I'll always expect her character to be an hateful and spiteful woman), but I couldn't help admiring how back against the wall she literally turned King Landing over itself.

Olenna Tyrell owning the Sand Snakes was priceless. The saving grace of Dorne's scenes, and just because of her presence.

I agree it's a bit weird to finally learn that Lyanna is Jon's mother but not her father, but to be fair... it was obvious who the father was. Lyanna in her dying moments didn't need to spell it out to Ned.

Winter has come. Fucking finally. Dany brings her butt to Westeros. Fucking finally. Really, the end is nigh  ;D

I didn't realize Arya was the girl until she and Walder were alone in the room. Good riddance to the Freys, the Starks send their regards. I'll forgive how Arya and Varys have a teletransporter that flies them through Westeros in no time.

Really, the only letdown of a massively epic episode is that the scene in Mereen didn't open with Dany and Yara in bed together. You know you all wanted it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4597 on: June 27, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
Really, the only letdown of a massively epic episode is that the scene in Mereen didn't open with Dany and Yara in bed together. You know you all wanted it.

I could totally see that happening in the books though, if those two actually meet in the books.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4598 on: June 27, 2016, 03:36:42 PM »
I forgot to comment on the dearly departed royal couple.

Tommen... what a wuss. Ok, I get it, she was hot and you had sex, but really? kill yourself over it?

He should have died in the explosion somehow. Slip past the Mountain, get away someway else, he should have been the flaw in Cersei's otherwise perfect plan, it would have been more fitting.

And Margaery... ok, she was smart and she realized something was wrong, but to panic and call for an immediate evacuation like Cersei would, dunno, blow up the entire place which is exactly what she did thanks to something only Tyrion knew about??? really, she was alone and confined in her rooms, what made Margaery come to the only possible solution?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline adace

« Reply #4599 on: June 27, 2016, 05:11:11 PM »
Incredible ending to what is my favorite season so far. Like everyone else I absolutely can't wait until season 7!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4600 on: June 27, 2016, 05:49:44 PM »
Funny how the show starts with jaime pushing a kid out a window, starting a long succession of events that would lead to another kid going out the window, his son.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4601 on: June 27, 2016, 06:04:10 PM »

And Margaery... ok, she was smart and she realized something was wrong, but to panic and call for an immediate evacuation like Cersei would, dunno, blow up the entire place which is exactly what she did thanks to something only Tyrion knew about??? really, she was alone and confined in her rooms, what made Margaery come to the only possible solution?

I think it was obvious to her that something was up when she and Tommen didn't show up. Cersei would definitely skip out on her trial to do something. That probably didn't surprise her as much as Tommen missing it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4602 on: June 27, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
Margaery was evil and conniving as Cersei.  She knew something bad was about to happen.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4603 on: June 27, 2016, 07:17:52 PM »
Margaery was evil and conniving as Cersei.  She knew something bad was about to happen.

Evil and conniving AS Cersei? I wouldn't go that far.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4604 on: June 27, 2016, 07:20:57 PM »
Right but evil in any level knows evil. Come on John, you know she put that together since that's how she thinks.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4605 on: June 27, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »

Conniving? Sure. But evil? Eh. I wouldn't call her a good person, but she was nowhere near as evil as Cersei. Proof? Margaery reacted to the religion thing by playing along with a plot to undermine them later. Cersei blew them up and killed hundreds or possibly thousands of innocent people.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4606 on: June 27, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »
Guys evil can mean something else than murder. She's not afraid the level of Cersei but she thinks that was on a smaller level and that is evil

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4607 on: June 27, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
Right but evil in any level knows evil. Come on John, you know she put that together since that's how she thinks.

Understanding evil isn't the same as being evil. She blew up and killed how many innocent people? Do you think Margaery would use wildfire and kill tons of innocent people just to avoid judgment? Would Margaery coax her lover/brother to push an innocent boy out a window? I'm not saying Margaery is a girl scout, but there's definitely a distance between her and Cersei.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4608 on: June 27, 2016, 07:41:39 PM »
You don't think Cersei was on that path that like her?  I do, she is evil, just not at the level of evil of Cersei.  I onto see nothing wrong with that statement. There are always levels to good and bad.

Some are willing to manipulate and some are willing to kill. 

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4609 on: June 27, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
This post is absolutely every thought that ran through my head... but also contains something that I didn't catch on the first watch relating to Jon Snow's birth!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/81-thoughts-i-had-during-the-game-of-thrones-finale-includin?bffbmain&utm_term=.bbq77Px7p2#.pfBYYveY4J

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4610 on: June 27, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »
You don't think Cersei was on that path that like her?  I do, she is evil, just not at the level of evil of Cersei.  I onto see nothing wrong with that statement. There are always levels to good and bad.

I think with Margaery there was more implied evil. Like, only an evil person would pretend to be so kind, and what not, plus the usual conniving that everyone did. With Cersei, there's just no room for doubt that she is an awful human being with no redeeming values. So yes, I would definitely argue against Margaery being deemed evil like Cersei.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4611 on: June 27, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »

I think that sums up the Margaery/Cersei argument.
I would also add that Margaery wouldn't have done with Septon Unella what Cersei has done.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #4612 on: June 28, 2016, 12:29:50 AM »
Cersei was already way past caring and with Tommen now dead, God help us all.....
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4613 on: June 28, 2016, 04:05:25 AM »
After the war of the Five Kings, could we be getting symbolically the war of the Five Queens?

Cersei, Dany, Sansa, Olenna and whatshername, Oberyn's widow. Sure, Jon was acclaimed King in the North, not Sansa, but more or less we have women in key roles in the ultimate showdown.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #4614 on: June 28, 2016, 04:46:12 AM »
Definetely heading that way. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended with the ' Sausage Wedding'  where all remaining male characters are killed off (except for Theon, off course, since he doesn't have a willy). 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4615 on: June 28, 2016, 06:37:11 AM »

Understanding evil isn't the same as being evil. She blew up and killed how many innocent people? Do you think Margaery would use wildfire and kill tons of innocent people just to avoid judgment? Would Margaery coax her lover/brother to push an innocent boy out a window? I'm not saying Margaery is a girl scout, but there's definitely a distance between her and Cersei.

I think, if given more time, Margaery would have gotten a lot darker and more evil. Maybe not to the point of Cersei, but she was no flower either.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4616 on: June 28, 2016, 06:44:47 AM »
I never really felt like Margaery was evil.  She wasn't the nice lady that she portrayed herself to be, she admitted so to the High Sparrow (and I don't think that was really a lie).  But that in no means means that she is evil.  She also was not involved in Joffrey's killing.  I can't think of anything she has done that would lead someone to say she was evil.  She was cunning and smart and played the game, but that doesn't translate to evil to me.

And if it wasn't for the sparrows holding her back, she might have survived the explosion because she was smart enough to know something was going on.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #4617 on: June 28, 2016, 06:48:02 AM »
This post is absolutely every thought that ran through my head... but also contains something that I didn't catch on the first watch relating to Jon Snow's birth!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/81-thoughts-i-had-during-the-game-of-thrones-finale-includin?bffbmain&utm_term=.bbq77Px7p2#.pfBYYveY4J

That was very entertaining. I almost spit my drink out at this:

50. Wait.
51. WAIT.
52. Walder Frey just said, “You’re not one of mine, are you?”
53. IS ARYA HERE?!?!?!?!?!?!
54. DID SHE FUCKING BAKE HIS SONS IN A PIE?
55. She did. She Cartman’d him.
56. Hot fucking damn.
57. Arya.
58. That was INTENSE.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4618 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:20 AM »
55. She did. She Cartman’d him.

Scott Tenorman!!  :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4619 on: June 28, 2016, 06:54:50 AM »
Margaery wasn't evil.  She just knew how to play the Game better than most of the other "good guys".  She had a good teacher in Olenna.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.