Author Topic: CONTEST: Which Song(s) from the MM Era Will MP Perform at the First Show?  (Read 815 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
OK, let's have some fun!

:metal

Objective:
Participants are to guess the titles and the number of songs from the Mike Mangini era that Mike Portnoy will perform at his first show in London.

Prize:
- One copy of Dream Theater’s upcoming album.
- A surprise gift.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.

How to Enter:
- Send an email to georgewell130178@gmail.com with the subject line: "MP and MM Contest"
- Include in your email: your full name, your guess of the song titles, and your guess of the total number of Mangini era songs Portnoy will play.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Submitting more than one entry will result in only the first entry being considered valid.

Eligibility:
- The contest is open worldwide. Shipping for the prize will be covered for international winners.
- There is no entry fee, and no purchase is necessary to enter or win the contest.
- Any taxes or customs fees associated with the receipt of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.

Contest Timeline:
- All entries must be submitted by October 15, 2024, at 11:59 PM GMT.
- The winner will be announced on October 25, 2024.
- The prize will be shipped at least 3 to 5 days AFTER the RELEASE date of the new Dream Theater album. The exact shipping date will be communicated to the winner once the album release date is confirmed.

Winner Selection:
- The winner will be the participant who accurately guesses the song titles and the correct number of Mangini-era songs played at the London show.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be randomly selected.
- Only one winner will be chosen.
-In the event that the band, manager, or any other person leaks the setlist before the show, those with a valid submission BEFORE the leak will be entered to pick a random winner.

Notification:
- The winner will be notified via email on October 25, 2024.
- The winner must respond within 3 days of being notified to claim their prize by providing a mailing address and any additional required information.
- If the winner does not respond within the specified time, a new winner may be chosen based on the same criteria.

Additional Rules:
- Ensure the information provided in your entry is accurate. Incorrect or incomplete entries may be disqualified.
- All entries are subject to verification by the contest organizer. Entries that do not meet the guidelines will be disqualified.
- Personal information received from participants will only be used for the purposes of administering this contest and not for any other purpose without consent.
- The contest organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these rules.
- The contest organizer reserves the right to cancel, change, or postpone the contest and its rules without prior notice due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the band and may of its members.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:49:59 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline illusionist

The contest will be canceled if the band, manager, or any other person leaks the setlist before the show.

I would argue that if this happens (which i doubt,but still) there should again be a winner, if he has already submitted the correct answer.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Really cool contest!! If it's a band's contest, now it's 100% confirmed that this tour will have some MM era songs, right?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 08:31:06 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

Cool contest! Looks like there are some dates that need updated from 2023 to 2024 though, unless I missed the deadlines in a big way  :rollin
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool contest! Looks like there are some dates that need updated from 2023 to 2024 though, unless I missed the deadlines in a big way  :rollin

Ha! GOOD CATCH!
I am in 2023 apparently.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
The contest will be canceled if the band, manager, or any other person leaks the setlist before the show.

I would argue that if this happens (which i doubt,but still) there should again be a winner, if he has already submitted the correct answer.

I agree with you, if someone has submitted an entry before the leak, the entry will be valid, and a winner will be selected among those with the correct guesses.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
I'll put my hat in the ring for "The Hovering Sojourn" :D
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
I will send my guess closer to October 15th. Maybe in an interview before then the band will give some clues.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
Nice contest MinistroRaven,

I've send an email at yours already...
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey everyone! Massive thanks to all who've already sent in their guesses – you guys are amazing!

Quick heads-up: I've got a little update regarding the prize shipment. We need to sync up with the release of the new Dream Theater album, which means that I'll be sending out prizes 3 to 5 days after the album drops. I'll give you all the deets on when to expect your package. Thanks for understanding, and keep those guesses coming!

This is the UPDATED rule:

The prize will be shipped at least 3 to 5 days AFTER the RELEASE date of the new Dream Theater album. The exact shipping date will be communicated to the winner once the album release date is confirmed.

Winner announcement date has also been changed from October 31, 2024 to October 25, 2024