General > General Discussion

Security Guard Jobs

(1/3) > >>

JayOctavarium:
I am thinking about getting a job working security. A guy I used to bowl with (and still do sometimes) works as a security guard.. not sure of the company yet, all i know is his shift involves patrolling a shopping center / construction site. He told me all I would need is my Guard Card and not have a criminal record, and I would be set... They would hire me in an instant. I've done some research on getting the Guard Card, and I have found that it costs upwards to $200,  but i found a place that holds the course for 80. Any thoughts on this? any advice? Anyone out there who is in this field and has anything to say? anyone wants cookies?

ScioPath:
I was hall monitor once.

juice:
I'll take a cookie.

Nick:
I worked for an area security outfit at one time and quit after two weeks. Now the organization (which hired people and then subbed them out to places and for events) was the most mismanaged outfit I've ever seen, and that's why I quit, but that aside I doubt I would have stayed that long anyway seeing as how it was the most godawfully boring job one could imagine.

Basically just standing in a spot for hours without being allowed to do anything to pre-occupy yourself... fucking dreadful. Some people like getting payed to stand around and do nothing, but I am not one of them.

JayOctavarium:

--- Quote from: juice on March 17, 2011, 07:52:45 PM ---I'll take a cookie.

--- End quote ---

do you deserve a cookie?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version