Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 91642 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:06 PM »
And the Caps answer!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #526 on: April 29, 2016, 08:20:57 AM »
And the Red Wings' new arena will be called.....

wait for it.....

Little Caesar's Arena: https://www.nhl.com/news/red-wings-new-building-named-little-caesars-arena/c-280502882

The arena will probably exclusively serve LC pizza.  Have fun with that, fans!  :lol
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #527 on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Exciting game 1 for the Caps/Pens last night. Interesting ending in OT... Probably speaking through the lens of a Pens fan, but the ref who called a goal on the ice in OT was not in a position to be able to see the puck. No clue how he made that call. Replays show no evidence of the puck actually crossing the goal-line but because it was called a goal on the ice, it stands...

Eh, Pens made some big mistakes and that's what lost them the game, just a weird ending.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #528 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
Exciting game 1 for the Caps/Pens last night. Interesting ending in OT... Probably speaking through the lens of a Pens fan, but the ref who called a goal on the ice in OT was not in a position to be able to see the puck. No clue how he made that call. Replays show no evidence of the puck actually crossing the goal-line but because it was called a goal on the ice, it stands...

I thought that as well. There's literally no way he saw that cross the line. The puck was right at the post, shielded by the post, a pad and a stick. One of the replays 'appeared' to show that there was a bit of white separating the puck and the goal line which made it a goal....but I question if that had been called a 'no goal' would that have been enough evidence to rule it a goal? I think calling it a goal made it pretty tough to over rule because there was limited video evidence, which...gets back to the point of there's no way he saw that with a naked eye from the corner where he was positioned.

Given TJ Oshie's pension for vanishing in the playoffs I'm floored that he had a hat trick.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #529 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »

I thought that as well. There's literally no way he saw that cross the line. The puck was right at the post, shielded by the post, a pad and a stick. One of the replays 'appeared' to show that there was a bit of white separating the puck and the goal line which made it a goal....but I question if that had been called a 'no goal' would that have been enough evidence to rule it a goal? I think calling it a goal made it pretty tough to over rule because there was limited video evidence, which...gets back to the point of there's no way he saw that with a naked eye from the corner where he was positioned.

Exactly. I'm not trying to whine or anything but I guess I just found it to be a weird call at a super important moment. Regardless, like I said before the Pens made some specific mistakes earlier in the game that need addressed, I just hated to see such a great game ended by the garage league shenanigans of the NHL.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #530 on: April 29, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
I just hated to see such a great game ended by the garage league shenanigans of the NHL.

seems to be a common theme.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #531 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
I just hated to see such a great game ended by the garage league shenanigans of the NHL.

I don't see how the winning goal had anything to do with NHL shenanigans. Yes, it's hard to imagine how the ref could have had a clear line of sight to the puck, but that doesn't change the fact that the puck was over the line. Completely over the line. I don't even know why it took them nearly 5 minutes to review it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #532 on: April 29, 2016, 11:49:41 AM »

I don't see how the winning goal had anything to do with NHL shenanigans. Yes, it's hard to imagine how the ref could have had a clear line of sight to the puck, but that doesn't change the fact that the puck was over the line. Completely over the line. I don't even know why it took them nearly 5 minutes to review it.

Well....IMO the ref had no business calling it a goal because there is literally no physical way he actually 'saw' that puck cross the line. He was in the corner of the rink and that puck was behind a post, a stick and a pad. He took a guess at it. Since he called it a goal there had to be irrefutable proof that the puck didn't cross the line. All angles but one were inconclusive and the one camera shot they did have was from a camera at center ice zoomed in.

There did appear to be a bit of white between the puck and the line...which made it look like a goal but had the ref not called it a goal would that have been enough evidence to reverse the call to a goal? I don't think it would have been...

the shenanigans are the ref making a call that he's guessing at instead of being 100% positive.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #533 on: April 29, 2016, 11:58:04 AM »
Well....IMO the ref had no business calling it a goal because there is literally no physical way he actually 'saw' that puck cross the line. He was in the corner of the rink and that puck was behind a post, a stick and a pad. He took a guess at it. Since he called it a goal there had to be irrefutable proof that the puck didn't cross the line. All angles but one were inconclusive and the one camera shot they did have was from a camera at center ice zoomed in.

There did appear to be a bit of white between the puck and the line...which made it look like a goal but had the ref not called it a goal would that have been enough evidence to reverse the call to a goal? I don't think it would have been...

the shenanigans are the ref making a call that he's guessing at instead of being 100% positive.

BINGO. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #534 on: April 29, 2016, 12:54:10 PM »
Bye bye Boudreau: https://www.nhl.com/news/ducks-relieve-bruce-boudreau-of-coaching-duties/c-280512338

Wonder where the Pillsbury Dough Boy will wind up next.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #535 on: April 29, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #536 on: April 29, 2016, 01:08:54 PM »

Fair enough. I agree that there's no way O'Rourke saw the puck go in. He likely saw it disappear, but that's about it. After watching the replay another dozen times, I still think it gets overturned if he calls no goal on the ice. The close up shot clearly shows the sliver of ice between the puck and the goal line. Still kinda shitty to have an OT game end on review either way you look at it.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #537 on: April 29, 2016, 01:12:26 PM »
Ah, the price of a knee in the NHL:

https://www.nhl.com/news/tom-wilson-of-capitals-fined-for-kneeing/c-280512456

Fines in the NHL are the biggest joke ever. $2K for a play that could end another player's career? That's ridiculous. These guys are millionaires!! Even at league minimum they'd lose more in wages on a 1 game suspension than the max fine.The NHL needs fines like the NFL. $50k or $100K may cause a player to think twice about their actions.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #538 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:53 PM »
I really can't believe the Preds beat the Ducks, on the road in a Game 7. Out of the teams that are left in the West that's the team I'm most scared of to play. I know the Blues need to get past Dallas, and the Preds past San Jose....but Peca Rinne has owned the Blues for stretches of games and I really don't like the prospect of potentially having to play them to get to the cup.

Plus, my brother in law lives in Nashville and is a Preds fan and lets just say we aren't getting along these days....it'd suck for the Blues to be eliminated by them for that fact alone.

It was a little surprising, but not shocking given the Ducks recent stretch of game 7 results. I think the west representative is coming out of the central for sure. As good as the Preds or Sharks might look, I think either of those teams gets rolled by the Blues or Stars in the conference finals.

San Jose matches up against St. Louis pretty well I think; while the post season is a whole different game compared to regular season, the Sharks did just fine against the Blues this season overall.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #539 on: April 29, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »
San Jose matches up against St. Louis pretty well I think; while the post season is a whole different game compared to regular season, the Sharks did just fine against the Blues this season overall.

"If" that is the next series then it's going to be a flat out battle! Both teams are big, and like you said....they match up well, so it's going to be a hard fought series that I'd suspect goes to Game 7.

First things first....we have to beat Dallas and PLEASE San Jose beat Nashville....if anything so I don't have to hear it from my D-Bag brother in law.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #540 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:08 PM »
I would LOVE to see a San Jose/St. Louis series; when I got back into hockey and was looking for a team, it was between the Sharks, Blues, and Wild  :tup

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »
Anyone else hear Roenick refer to the Pens/Caps game as a "shitty hockey game" on live TV last night? :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #542 on: April 29, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
I don't listen to the intermission reports anymore. Milbury, Roenick, and Jones are a bunch of asshats. I LOVED when Milbury got called out live the other week when he offered the analysis that a goalie was doing better because he stopped more pucks.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2016, 06:32:28 PM »
Rough night tonight. All inclusive seats at the Catds/Nats game....with the Blues on TV right in front of us.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2016, 07:24:32 PM »
Trying to figure outwit the Blues are playing down to Dallas speed and game? They don't look like the same team right now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2016, 08:38:42 PM »
Enjoy the 'W' Dallas, because if that's your best game you're in trouble.

By far the worst game the Blues have played in two months.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2016, 10:50:58 PM »
I didn't see much of the game, since I was busy moving, and it sounds like that was probably a good thing.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »
I don't listen to the intermission reports anymore. Milbury, Roenick, and Jones are a bunch of asshats. I LOVED when Milbury got called out live the other week when he offered the analysis that a goalie was doing better because he stopped more pucks.
Oh, yes. I was cracking up when she called him out for that. Milbury is one of the biggest assholes in sports broadcasting.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2016, 11:24:20 PM »
I didn't see much of the game, since I was busy moving, and it sounds like that was probably a good thing.

Compared to the Chicago series games this game was in slow motion. They looked like a completely different team than the one who just battled the Stanley Cup champs and won. Not hitting, sloppy passes, lazy forechecking and back checking. It was ugly. If not for Brian Elliot standing on his head it's a 4 or 5 to 1 game. This is one of those games where it wasn't so much the Stars win the game but it was the Blues lost it...err....gave it away.

They eventually found a rhythm in the third period but it was too late.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #549 on: April 30, 2016, 08:35:48 AM »
Oh, yes. I was cracking up when she called him out for that. Milbury is one of the biggest assholes in sports broadcasting.

Add in douchenozzle Pierre McGuire and you complete NBC's travesty of hockey analysts. I fucking hate them. Never thought I'd look forward to listening to Joe Michelleti or Brian Boucher give analysis.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #550 on: April 30, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »
A winning goalie stopped more pucks!  And in other news, water is wet, so be careful.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #551 on: April 30, 2016, 10:36:04 AM »

Add in douchenozzle Pierre McGuire and you complete NBC's travesty of hockey analysts. I fucking hate them. Never thought I'd look forward to listening to Joe Michelleti or Brian Boucher give analysis.
McGuire isn't that bad. He's a doofus but he actually knows what he's talking about bigtime. You gotta at least respect his knowledge. He's not like guys like Milbury and Healy.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #552 on: April 30, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
Anyone else hear Roenick refer to the Pens/Caps game as a "shitty hockey game" on live TV last night? :lol

Lol that's what I thought he said at first, then realized the word he used was "shinny".
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #553 on: April 30, 2016, 11:09:28 AM »

McGuire isn't that bad. He's a doofus but he actually knows what he's talking about bigtime. You gotta at least respect his knowledge. He's not like guys like Milbury and Healy.

He might have knowledge but I can't stand him. He rambles, he asks inane questions of the coaches and players, and if you search YouTube enough you can find all sorts of idiocy in his on-air interviews. His destruction of the World Juniors telecast when Tavares scored in the final seconds was pathetic. He might have hockey knowledge but he doesn't belong on air.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: April 30, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »

Lol that's what I thought he said at first, then realized the word he used was "shinny".
My mistake. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #555 on: April 30, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »
:woot:

Leafs got the #1 pick.

Rebuilding continues.  It's been a long time since we had #1 - '85 I believe... we had the year before, and the year after Lemieux :lolpalm:.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #556 on: April 30, 2016, 07:37:30 PM »
So what do the Leafs do with that pick? Do they trade down with a team that needs Matthews and get a little something extra along with Patrick Laine or just take Laine at #1?

I know Matthews is the consensus first but from what I've heard the Leafs need a Winger to compliment their young centers more than anything.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:44:06 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #557 on: April 30, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »

He might have knowledge but I can't stand him. He rambles, he asks inane questions of the coaches and players, and if you search YouTube enough you can find all sorts of idiocy in his on-air interviews. His destruction of the World Juniors telecast when Tavares scored in the final seconds was pathetic. He might have hockey knowledge but he doesn't belong on air.
I don't know lots of Pierre hate just seems to be jumping on a bandwagon (and bringing up the World Juniors like everyone else doesn't convince me otherwise :P ). He does stupid stuff, but he doesn't do half the stupid stuff Milbury or Healy do IMO and he frankly doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside them. He just feels like a hockey nerd who is working his dream job. You could definitely say he doesn't belong on the air and I wouldn't argue much, but I just couldn't put him in the same realm as those 2 who are both stupid and just frequently negative/caustic people on air. At worst Pierre is just awkward. At Milbury's worst he's toxic, and at Healy's worst you get the quotes on the bottom of this site. :lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:31:52 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2016, 06:05:05 AM »
Pretty much agree with the above.  McGuire is creepy as shit sometimes, and I can never think of him without remembering this gem
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2016, 08:17:43 AM »
Pretty much agree with the above.  McGuire is creepy as shit sometimes, and I can never think of him without remembering this gem

:lol   Was he standing close enough to him....geez, personal space bro. Back off my long stick.