Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 218904 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #1155 on: July 22, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
I'd like to think Wayne snuck onto some planes and flew most of the way back, it's not that hard to believe, seeing as he's a fucking ninja and batman after all.

Even before he became Batman he was making his way around the world without a dime to his name. But suddenly it's a stretch for him to get back to Gotham. Did these people, you know, watch Begins?
I know right.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1156 on: July 22, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »
spoilers

i was so into the movie and rocked by what was happening i somehow missed the obvious 'bruce fixed the autopilot' line. NO IDEA how, but i thought of it as we saw him in the cafe. i also missed that catwoman was there with him. im dumb, or maybe i couldnt take my eyes off christian bale?

due to me missing the first point above i actually thought bruce fully sacrificed himself and michael caine as alfred at bruce's grave made me shed some man tears.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #1157 on: July 22, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
spoilers

i was so into the movie and rocked by what was happening i somehow missed the obvious 'bruce fixed the autopilot' line. NO IDEA how, but i thought of it as we saw him in the cafe. i also missed that catwoman was there with him. im dumb, or maybe i couldnt take my eyes off christian bale?

due to me missing the first point above i actually thought bruce fully sacrificed himself and michael caine as alfred at bruce's grave made me shed some man tears.

Spoilers:

The revelation that Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot came after the funeral so based on the information given at the time it did seem like Bruce Wayne was dead at that point, so not hearing that line wouldn't have changed that (unless you just guessed the twist).

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1158 on: July 22, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
spoilers

I also shed tears at that point and it was at that moment that I realized how much I loved this movie.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1159 on: July 22, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
spoilers

Spoilers:

The revelation that Bruce Wayne fixed the autopilot came after the funeral so based on the information given at the time it did seem like Bruce Wayne was dead at that point, so not hearing that line wouldn't have changed that (unless you just guessed the twist).

hahah well that'll do it. i was so into it i guess i couldnt tell what was going on. definitely need to see it again

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #1160 on: July 22, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »
THAT MOVIE WAS SO GOOD!

Actually... The movie was good, but the ending was sheer perfection. Incredible. Just... I'm speechless.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1161 on: July 22, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »
Looks like the thread is completely spoilers at this point, so I'm avoiding reading it.

But could someone quote this post (so I know which one to read) and let me know if there is a post credits scene so I know if I should stay?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #1162 on: July 22, 2012, 08:12:26 PM »
Looks like the thread is completely spoilers at this point, so I'm avoiding reading it.

But could someone quote this post (so I know which one to read) and let me know if there is a post credits scene so I know if I should stay?

No.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1163 on: July 22, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »

No.

Cool thank you. As much as I love post credits scenes, they're always annoying to wait for haha.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1164 on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »
Yeah, I never said I didn't like the ending either. I just suggested what one could do to have presented the audience with an open-ended element so that folks could get out of it whatever they like. Spelling it out doesn't leave much room for interpretation. But it's irrelevant as there were plenty of other moments that I'm sure we all had uniquely different reactions and feelings towards.

Why do you want room for interpretation?  In the context of this movie, it wouldn't make sense.  In Inception, the ending was left open-ended to drive home the idea that whether or not Dom's kids were real wasn't as important to him as the fact that he was seeing them.  He gave up on trying to comprehend reality.  Showing whether or not the top falls or keeps spinning would be a distraction from the point of the scene and the movie.

If you make the ending of this movie ambiguous, what changes for the better?
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1165 on: July 22, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »
we get it, you really aren't for an ambiguous ending. no one said they would have preferred it that way

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1166 on: July 22, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FU_yQYqhc&feature=plcp

This guy is in my brain.   Especially what he says in the beginning about Burton's version...honestly thought I was the only one.  Never heard my opinion come so precisely out of someone else's mouth.   Kinda creepy.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #1167 on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
we get it, you really aren't for an ambiguous ending. no one said they would have preferred it that way

No I'm not.

But for the people who like the idea, I want to know what their arguments are for wanting to see it.  I've seen a lot of internet chatter about people saying they thought the ending was too on the nose.

This guy is in my brain.   Especially what he says in the beginning about Burton's version...honestly thought I was the only one.  Never heard my opinion come so precisely out of someone else's mouth.   Kinda creepy.

You're not the only one who doesn't like the Burton Batman.  I actually stopped watching during the end.  I didn't care.  I don't remember any of the movie either.  Jack Nicholson played Jack Nicholson wearing clown make up.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1168 on: July 22, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »
I mean it was fun for watching Jack Nicholson, but would I ever watch it again? Probably not.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1169 on: July 22, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »
I mean it was fun for watching Jack Nicholson, but would I ever watch it again? Probably not.

I just thought it was a poor performance for Jack.  He was....ridiculous.  I love him in everything else he's ever done...really thought he was just silly as the Joker.   He was just wrong for it.     It was like if Marlon Brando played the Riddler...   Or John Goodman playing Mister Mxyzptlk.   I mean, they are great actors...but just not right for the part. 

That's my #1 problem with Jack as the Joker.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1170 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »
Rises kind of reminds me of Rocky III.

Its like bane is Mr. T and he's the new badass in town and has been training non stop to take on Batman (Rocky) who has become weak over time. Batman gets his ass beat and has to go find the Eye of the Tiger again to come back victorious.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #1171 on: July 23, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
Saw it for the second time today. My god. So many moments in it gave me chills. Especially the whole ending sequence.
One small thing I missed in the first viewing that I picked up on today, talia stitches up Gordon when they're searching for which truck has the bomb. That is why Gordon opens the door to the truck and it's the wrong one. I'm not sure how obvious this was for most people.

Also, Marion cotillard has some fine teddies.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1172 on: July 23, 2012, 07:52:25 AM »
https://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2012/07/preparing_for_the_dark_knight_.html

Counterpoints to the frothing-at-the-mouth Nolan worshippers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1173 on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
https://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2012/07/preparing_for_the_dark_knight_.html

Counterpoints to the frothing-at-the-mouth Nolan worshippers.

Seriously, that guy is talking out of his ass.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1174 on: July 23, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #1175 on: July 23, 2012, 09:47:41 AM »

She's normally flat-chested, but she just pushed out a baby, so she's packing the goods. I know the exact shot you're referring to, when you get a profile shot of her sweater bust. My girlfriend exclaimed at the screening "her tits are huuuuuge!" :P

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1176 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:15 AM »

She's normally flat-chested, but she just pushed out a baby, so she's packing the goods. I know the exact shot you're referring to, when you get a profile shot of her sweater bust. My girlfriend exclaimed at the screening "her tits are huuuuuge!" :P

I remember that shot very vividly.   :angel:

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1177 on: July 23, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
Wow. TDKR is probably the best movie I've ever seen. Flawless all the way through. Well, there was one directing mess-up when Bruce is talking to Lucius. When it shows Bruce, he's holding his cane on the top and sort of playing with it. When it shows Lucius, Bruce is holding the cane by the side and not moving it at all. That's the only mistake I caught.

But other than that, completely flawless. TDK was great, but this movie blew the socks off of it. Every scene was incredible but nothing felt forced at all. Someone said earlier that the pacing was masterful. I can't pick a favorite scene, but I'll say that from the point Bruce climbs out of the pit to the end of the movie, I was completely entranced.

Something I thought that would have been cool is if they made Batman's survival a little more subtle. Maybe 1) an aside in a conversation with Lucius about Bruce's installing of an autopilot patch in the Bat, and 2) a nod from Alfred to an anonymous character in a restaurant (coupled with Batman's theme music coming in). It wouldn't be an ambiguous ending but it would have been subtle and Nolan-y.

Anyway, 10/10 movie. The Dark Knight is 9/10, Batman Begins is 8/10.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1178 on: July 23, 2012, 12:43:13 PM »
I'm going to see this shit today.

I EXCITE.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: July 23, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »
I'm going to see this shit today.

I EXCITE.

Me too in 4 hours. :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1180 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »
I still gotta see the motherfucka in imax.....never seen a film in imax before.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1181 on: July 23, 2012, 12:50:20 PM »
I still gotta see the motherfucka in imax.....never seen a film in imax before.

That's what I'm doing tonight.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1182 on: July 23, 2012, 12:50:41 PM »
I'm joining the club of seeing it today, and hopefully in an IMAX, the real IMAX, non of that synthetic plastic bullshit. I want to FEEL IT.  :azn:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1183 on: July 23, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
i definitely need to go out and see this again

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1184 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »
Wow. TDKR is probably the best movie I've ever seen. Flawless all the way through. Well, there was one directing mess-up when Bruce is talking to Lucius. When it shows Bruce, he's holding his cane on the top and sort of playing with it. When it shows Lucius, Bruce is holding the cane by the side and not moving it at all. That's the only mistake I caught.

But other than that, completely flawless. TDK was great, but this movie blew the socks off of it. Every scene was incredible but nothing felt forced at all. Someone said earlier that the pacing was masterful. I can't pick a favorite scene, but I'll say that from the point Bruce climbs out of the pit to the end of the movie, I was completely entranced.

Something I thought that would have been cool is if they made Batman's survival a little more subtle. Maybe 1) an aside in a conversation with Lucius about Bruce's installing of an autopilot patch in the Bat, and 2) a nod from Alfred to an anonymous character in a restaurant (coupled with Batman's theme music coming in). It wouldn't be an ambiguous ending but it would have been subtle and Nolan-y.

Anyway, 10/10 movie. The Dark Knight is 9/10, Batman Begins is 8/10.
:tup

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1185 on: July 23, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »
I'm so excited to publish my blog review of this film. I just spent the last three hours cranking this monster out, but I have to wait until Friday to start whoring it out.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline ThatcrazyKISSfan

« Reply #1186 on: July 23, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »

I remember that shot very vividly.   :angel:

I'm such a Nolan Batman fanboy I missed this.....and I saw the movie twice.......

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1187 on: July 23, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »
Very good movie.  On par with Batman Begins but a hair less than The Dark Night.   Loved the ending also.

Tom Hardy was excellent as Bane.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #1188 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »
I think at some point during writing this movie Christopher Nolan should have wikied "nuclear fusion" and found out that the first hydrogen bomb was tested 60 years ago.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1189 on: July 23, 2012, 11:01:05 PM »
I just saw this movie.

OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! I DIED
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing