Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 553758 times)

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #6720 on: February 28, 2023, 07:46:54 AM »
Ticket links for Morsefest 2023 Europe will go live at 9:00AM Central US time / 4:00 PM Central Europe time/ 3:00 PM UK time.

Come and hear the story, and be part of the experience!

https://www.nealmorse.com/tc-events/morsefest-2023-europe/

-Marc.

Exciting! Anyone else going?

EDIT: And the post is deleted, I guess this weekends technical issues are still going then.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 08:01:49 AM by BRGM »

Offline Kram

« Reply #6721 on: February 28, 2023, 11:46:23 AM »
MORSEFEST 2023 - DELAY TO TICKET SALE LAUNCH

Hi everyone - apologies but due to some technical issues we’ve encountered over the weekend we are going to have to delay the launch of ticket sales for Morsefest 2023. Sorry that this is quite late notice - we were hoping a solution could be found but so far it hasn’t. We know many of you are keen to get your tickets and we need to be 100% confident the process will run smoothly.  We will keep you posted on the new dates and apologies to everyone who planned to be online to buy tickets. We expect this will also affect the Morsefest Europe launch tomorrow as well.

Apologies - Neal

-Marc.

It shows what a clown show Radiant is when there was no email about this delay.  I know Neal (or the person who runs his account) posted it on a few social media sites, but you cannot assume everyone is on those.  For there not be an email today from Radiant about this delay is symbolic of how terrible their customer service is.  It's so disappointing to see Radiant continually drop the ball.
Unrelated to Morsefest, but related to the frustratingly poor customer service, I have sent 3 emails now relating to an issue I have over the last 3 weeks and zero response.  Is there any other way to contact them?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6722 on: February 28, 2023, 12:22:01 PM »

Unrelated to Morsefest, but related to the frustratingly poor customer service, I have sent 3 emails now relating to an issue I have over the last 3 weeks and zero response.  Is there any other way to contact them?

Sadly, your best bet is to go on Facebook and fine the Neal Morse fan group and be direct and post a message saying that Radiant is ignoring your emails.  Someone will loop in the lady who runs it by hyperlinking her, and then you will have to deal with the rush of fanboys and girls telling you to be patient and that she is doing the best she can, but you'll at least get a reply then.  Maybe.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6723 on: February 28, 2023, 12:41:59 PM »
MORSEFEST 2023 - DELAY TO TICKET SALE LAUNCH

Hi everyone - apologies but due to some technical issues we’ve encountered over the weekend we are going to have to delay the launch of ticket sales for Morsefest 2023. Sorry that this is quite late notice - we were hoping a solution could be found but so far it hasn’t. We know many of you are keen to get your tickets and we need to be 100% confident the process will run smoothly.  We will keep you posted on the new dates and apologies to everyone who planned to be online to buy tickets. We expect this will also affect the Morsefest Europe launch tomorrow as well.

Apologies - Neal

-Marc.

It shows what a clown show Radiant is when there was no email about this delay.  I know Neal (or the person who runs his account) posted it on a few social media sites, but you cannot assume everyone is on those.  For there not be an email today from Radiant about this delay is symbolic of how terrible their customer service is.  It's so disappointing to see Radiant continually drop the ball.

I did receive an email with the notification yesterday.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6724 on: February 28, 2023, 02:38:47 PM »

Sadly, your best bet is to go on Facebook and fine the Neal Morse fan group and be direct and post a message saying that Radiant is ignoring your emails.  Someone will loop in the lady who runs it by hyperlinking her, and then you will have to deal with the rush of fanboys and girls telling you to be patient and that she is doing the best she can, but you'll at least get a reply then.  Maybe.
LOL - only it's not funny.  Thanks Kev for the advice..

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6725 on: February 28, 2023, 07:44:02 PM »
Glad to see that some got emails.

LOL - only it's not funny.  Thanks Kev for the advice..

:tup :tup

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #6726 on: February 28, 2023, 08:12:13 PM »
So I got my order of Final Flight from Radiant today, and in addition to a signed laminated tour badge, I also got a paper sleeve with "Disc Two CD" of Morsefest 2020 Lockdown. I'm not sure why, as I don't recall reading about any issues with it, but maybe someone else can fill me in as to why it was included in my order.

-Marc.

Mine just arrived today and I got one too. No clue why.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #6727 on: March 01, 2023, 12:13:11 PM »
For anyone having trouble getting a hold of someone at Radiant Records,

Their old Facebook page still has their phone number listed. I called today and within 2 rings I talked to Amy. My issue was resolved immediately.

Easier than finding the right Facebook fan group.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6728 on: March 01, 2023, 02:00:42 PM »

Their old Facebook page still has their phone number listed. I called today and within 2 rings I talked to Amy. My issue was resolved immediately.

Can you post or PM me the phone number please? Thanks!

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #6729 on: March 02, 2023, 03:58:10 AM »

I messaged you

Offline Kram

« Reply #6730 on: March 02, 2023, 03:24:19 PM »

I messaged you
Got it.  Thanks!

Online The Letter M

« Reply #6731 on: March 03, 2023, 02:44:58 PM »
We’re excited that ticket sales for Morsefest 2023 in the USA and Europe are happening on Monday, March 6th and Tuesday, March 7th.

Apologies everyone that we weren’t able to go ahead with the scheduled ticket sales last week. We encountered an issue with our website, close to the launch time and decided to delay the sale, rather than run it and end up with a website crash. We want to thank you for your patience!

So you can be ready, we are sharing the links to the web pages that you’ll be able to buy the tickets from.

USA - https://www.nealmorse.com/tc-events/morsefest-2023-usa/
Europe - https://www.nealmorse.com/tc-events/morsefest-2023-europe/

*** PLEASE NOTE: the links will show “404 - PAGE NOT FOUND” it is activated at 9:00 AM Central/ 3:00 PM UK/ 4:00PM CET on Monday (USA) and Tuesday (Europe) respectively.

We are looking forward to seeing many of you at what we know will be a very special event.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6732 on: March 06, 2023, 08:19:23 AM »
I did it.  I took the plunge. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6733 on: March 06, 2023, 08:25:58 AM »
I'm surprised you were able to get your purchase through. Looks like they should've given themselves more than an extra week.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6734 on: March 06, 2023, 08:30:08 AM »
I'm surprised you were able to get your purchase through. Looks like they should've given themselves more than an extra week.

There were a lot of rainbow circles involved (I'm working off a Mac).   

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #6735 on: March 06, 2023, 08:39:11 AM »
This is what we refer to in the business as an "unmitigated disaster."

I've been trying for 35 minutes to get checked out, but by the time I reach checkout, the seats have either expired, or it says there's an issue with my cart (doesn't specify what) and I have to start over.

My favorite moment so far was when I added my group's 3 seats to my cart and it gave me this total:

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #6736 on: March 06, 2023, 08:49:05 AM »
Good lord  :lol just when you think it can’t get any worse with Radiant

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #6737 on: March 06, 2023, 08:51:57 AM »
They were front row, so I was ready and willing to check out and then deal with Radiant later about the refund for overcharging, but it never let me get to the checkout page.

Still trying now as we speak.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6738 on: March 06, 2023, 08:58:44 AM »
58 minutes later I have tickets :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6739 on: March 06, 2023, 09:02:36 AM »
Jesus Christ, what a clusterfuck.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6740 on: March 06, 2023, 09:04:28 AM »

:lol maybe this is Neal testing his fans faith and patience in him. I gotta admit half the reason I check this thread is to read about the latest radiant drama.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6741 on: March 06, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »

:lol maybe this is Neal testing his fans faith and patience in him. I gotta admit half the reason I check this thread is to read about the latest radiant drama.
:lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6742 on: March 06, 2023, 11:41:24 AM »

I've been trying for 35 minutes to get checked out, but by the time I reach checkout, the seats have either expired, or it says there's an issue with my cart (doesn't specify what) and I have to start over.

My favorite moment so far was when I added my group's 3 seats to my cart and it gave me this total:

<Stadler runs off to check his AmEx bill...>

I know I got front row, slightly to the side, then the screen refreshed and there was front row center available.  I debated switching them out then figured I better cut my losses and take what I had.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #6743 on: March 06, 2023, 01:44:27 PM »

<Stadler runs off to check his AmEx bill...>

I know I got front row, slightly to the side, then the screen refreshed and there was front row center available.  I debated switching them out then figured I better cut my losses and take what I had.
You made the right call. I had front row seats at various times but they never went through when I tried to check out.

We ended up near the back on the very far right.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6744 on: March 06, 2023, 02:52:05 PM »

LOL.  Sorry, I know it's not funny and it's extremely frustrating - but like someone else said, just when you think it can't get any worse!  I'm still dealing with my issue with Radiant.  I got there phone number and have called and left messages - still no response  :tdwn

Online The Letter M

« Reply #6745 on: March 06, 2023, 03:13:29 PM »

Hey everyone,

I want to give you all my personal apology for what happened with today’s MF ticket sale. We keep trying! I assure you that we tested the site, bought tickets and everything looked great many days ago.

Without making excuses, our goal as a team was to get you guys assigned seats we know how much people appreciated that compared to the lines of previous years. We had used EventBrite to sell the tickets to the last MF but they charge a lot and that added to the ticket price - and there were other aspects that made life difficult from a business perspective.

Our tech guys landed on Tickera working with our own website as a solution - it was built and it was tested but I guess there isn’t any way to find out how things work until you have lots of people trying to purchase at the same time. Hence the wreck.
So, we are ALSO amazed at how badly this has gone.

I have no expertise in the area of online stuff, so I am trusting what I am told. That’s all I can do.
However, it is my company and I am responsible.  I just wanted you to know some of the background and that we will continue to try to give you all the best experience possible, even though we know we are failing miserably.

We are completely aware that it is your kindness and business that keeps us afloat and we really appreciate it

Heartfelt apologies to all - now back to the music!
We are recording strings on the Joseph album! Amazing.
Best Regards,
Neal

Looks like he's at least acknowledging the frustration being felt today.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6746 on: March 06, 2023, 04:56:34 PM »
I love Neal's music, and he is by all accounts a great guy, but the way he continues to bury in his head in the sand about his own company is so disappointing.  Even the Neal Morse Forum FB page is tearing Radiant to shreds today, and that place is usually the Radiant Apologist Center. 

My brother tried getting tickets today and had no luck.  The website kept crashing.

Offline HOF

« Reply #6747 on: March 06, 2023, 07:25:55 PM »
How many people could possibly be trying to buy tickets today? There are maybe 1000 tickets available between both shows, and surely there aren’t many more than 1000 individual ticket buyers (if that) or they’d have booked bigger venues. That doesn’t seem like the kind of volume that should crash a website, but maybe if the site is just that poorly designed it would.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6748 on: March 07, 2023, 05:55:26 AM »
How many people could possibly be trying to buy tickets today? There are maybe 1000 tickets available between both shows, and surely there aren’t many more than 1000 individual ticket buyers (if that) or they’d have booked bigger venues. That doesn’t seem like the kind of volume that should crash a website, but maybe if the site is just that poorly designed it would.

That's the part that gets me.  What could they have tested if that few people sent the whole thing into a tizzy?  It's not a 1000, because when I went on, only about 2/3 of the FRONT ROW was in someone's cart, so that's only like 10 people, 15 tops!  Even if you double it for those that don't want the VIP experience, you're at 30.  If 30 people crash a site - and I defer to the experts here, because I'm not - I can't imagine it was robustly tested.

Offline HOF

« Reply #6749 on: March 07, 2023, 08:40:22 AM »

That's the part that gets me.  What could they have tested if that few people sent the whole thing into a tizzy?  It's not a 1000, because when I went on, only about 2/3 of the FRONT ROW was in someone's cart, so that's only like 10 people, 15 tops!  Even if you double it for those that don't want the VIP experience, you're at 30.  If 30 people crash a site - and I defer to the experts here, because I'm not - I can't imagine it was robustly tested.

Now I see that this was just for the US Morsefest yesterday (just got an email that the Europe sale is live). So surely there were relatively few people crashing the website yesterday.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6750 on: April 07, 2023, 03:46:57 PM »
I don't look at Facebook much these days, but I will duck in on occasion, and I saw the other day that someone had asked if there was a timetable on NMB's next album and/or tour (I think) and Portnoy replied with, "No."  Makes me wonder if Neal is just wanting to not to the full band stuff for a while and just do solo stuff where he can do his thing without having to compromise.  After the way the last TA album went down, it wouldn't surprise me, but I am just speculating based on nothing. :lol

Online The Letter M

« Reply #6751 on: April 07, 2023, 03:52:55 PM »
I don't look at Facebook much these days, but I will duck in on occasion, and I saw the other day that someone had asked if there was a timetable on NMB's next album and/or tour (I think) and Portnoy replied with, "No."  Makes me wonder if Neal is just wanting to not to the full band stuff for a while and just do solo stuff where he can do his thing without having to compromise.  After the way the last TA album went down, it wouldn't surprise me, but I am just speculating based on nothing. :lol

Makes sense. Neal is in the middle of two solo projects and wrapping up the next DMJ album, so that'll likely keep him busy through the rest of 2023 and into 2024. I think the only NMB activity we will see this year will be for Morsefest. Maybe when they reconvene for those shows, they'll discuss when they'll get together to write and record NMB5, which I would say we are at LEAST 18 months away from, especially with how busy Mike can be.

-Marc.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6752 on: April 07, 2023, 04:23:25 PM »
I believe I read some scuttlebutt somewhere online recently about Flying Colors possibly reconvening for a fourth album before next years Cruise to the Edge. Hopefully that turns out to be the case.  Although I'd still probably prefer a new NMB album if I'm being honest..

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6753 on: April 07, 2023, 08:40:49 PM »
I'd be thrilled with a new one by either Flying Colors or Neal Morse Band.  Neal doing a super religious solo project and/or another DMJ interests me far less.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6754 on: April 07, 2023, 08:46:24 PM »

I've been curious but what happened with TA? As far as I know they just called it quits?

I believe I read some scuttlebutt somewhere online recently about Flying Colors possibly reconvening for a fourth album before next years Cruise to the Edge. Hopefully that turns out to be the case.  Although I'd still probably prefer a new NMB album if I'm being honest..

I wonder if Steve would be available with him taking care of his wife.