Author Topic: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 553794 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Official Neal Morse Appreciation Thread
« Reply #6300 on: December 31, 2021, 03:59:10 PM »
1. ?
2. One
3. Testimony
4. Sola Scriptura

5. Lifeline

6. Testimony 2 (I prefer the bonus disc to the actual album)

7. Momentum
8. Sola Gratia

I haven't listened to Jesus Christ the Exorcist.  Not really any interest in that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6301 on: December 31, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »
I haven't listened to Jesus Christ the Exorcist.  Not really any interest in that.

Certainly your call.  But you are missing out. 

I would try to persuade you by telling you to take a bit to watch the Morsefest presentation of it to see if that changes your mind.  Everybody, with the exception of one of the vocalists, takes it to another level and makes it a joy to watch.  Unfortunately, that one exception is Talon, who takes perhaps the best and one of the most important vocal performances on the album and really butchers it live.  Poor kid obviously had no idea how to perform that role in a live setting and blew out her voice almost immediately. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6302 on: December 31, 2021, 04:12:35 PM »

Bonus Disc? I assume you mean disc 2, which has never been a "bonus" in the sense that it was superfluous or not meant to be part of the album. Testimony 2 has always been 2 discs and was never released as a single disc. It's like Porcupine Tree's The Incident, with 1 disc containing a self-contained conceptual piece and a 2nd disc with other unrelated songs but still part of the main album (and not a "bonus").

But yeah, "Seeds Of Gold" is top-notch Neal.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6303 on: December 31, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »
He's talking about the bonus disk that has Absolute Beginner, Supernatural, and Seeds of Gold on them.  Tellingly, I don't remember anything about those songs.  I prefer the album proper. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6304 on: December 31, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »
But that was not a bonus disc.  Absolute Beginner, Supernatural and Seeds of Gold are all part of the proper album, but I sense you know this already.  :biggrin:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6305 on: December 31, 2021, 05:07:34 PM »
But that was not a bonus disc.  Absolute Beginner, Supernatural and Seeds of Gold are all part of the proper album, but I sense you know this already.  :biggrin:

Bosk probably thinks Disc 2 of SDOIT is a bonus disc and prefers "the album proper".  :rollin

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline darkshade

« Reply #6306 on: January 01, 2022, 10:16:50 AM »
Testimony 2 disc 1 clearly has an ending, a finale, wraps up the album with a tight bow, and the 3 songs on disc 2 seemingly have nothing to do with the Testimony concept, I mean, they aren't even labelled as "part 9" in the Testimony saga.

Disc 2 is a bonus disc in everything but name. A great one though, as Seeds of Gold is one of Neal's best tunes.

SDoIT is marketed as a double album. I don't recall T2 marketed as a double.
Even with Six Degrees, the title suite could be seen as an album-within-an-album. I often listen to the discs separately as if they were two albums, but I still recognize both discs as one album, no bonus discs. I sort of do this with T2, to me, T2 disc 2 is its own little album that I listen to separately from the main disc.

Online HOF

« Reply #6307 on: January 01, 2022, 10:20:18 AM »
Testimony 2 disc 1 clearly has an ending, a finale, wraps up the album with a tight bow, and the 3 songs on disc 2 seemingly have nothing to do with the Testimony concept, I mean, they aren't even labelled as "part 9" in the Testimony saga.

Disc 2 is a bonus disc in everything but name. A great one though, as Seeds of Gold is one of Neal's best tunes.

Even with Six Degrees, the title suite could be seen as an album-within-an-album. I often listen to the discs separately as if they were two albums, but I still recognize both discs as one album, no bonus discs.

I just got Testimony 2 from the recent Radiant sale. I think the second disc is the strongest part of it to be honest.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #6308 on: January 01, 2022, 10:22:09 AM »

Even with Six Degrees, the title suite could be seen as an album-within-an-album. I often listen to the discs separately as if they were two albums, but I still recognize both discs as one album, no bonus discs.

I just got Testimony 2 from the recent Radiant sale. I think the second disc is the strongest part of it to be honest.

I think the whole thing is great, but you might just be right. I think I've listened to the 2nd disc more often than the main disc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6309 on: January 01, 2022, 02:39:35 PM »
But that was not a bonus disc. 

That is a strange position to take.  But whatever.  The semantics don't bother me.  We both know what disk/songs we are talking about, which is the main thing.  :tup

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6310 on: January 01, 2022, 07:24:32 PM »
1. Sola Scriptura
2. Testimony 2
3. ?
4. Sola Gratia
5. Testimony
6. Momentum
7. One
8. Lifeline

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6311 on: January 01, 2022, 10:26:00 PM »
Doing a bit of math for the five of us who have put up our rankings of Neal's 8 solo prog albums, here's how they average, out of a total 40 points:

Sola Scriptura = 34 (5, 8, 8, 5, 8)
? = 34 (6, 7, 7, 8, 6)
Testimony 2 = 28 (7, 6, 5, 3, 7)
One = 26 (8, 3, 6, 7, 2)
Testimony = 22 (4, 4, 4, 6, 4)
Momentum = 14 (3, 5, 1, 2, 3)
Lifeline = 12 (2, 2, 3, 4, 1)
Sola Gratia = 10 (1, 1, 2, 1, 5)

I gave 8th place albums 1 point, 7th place 2, etc. etc.

Of the five of us, four placed Testimony at 5th place (the most common ranking for a single album). Three of us put Sola Gratia last, as well as Sola Scriptura first (which takes the top spot over ? despite having the same number of points, since it was placed first in more lists).

Seems like the consensus agrees that Lifeline, Momentum, and Sola Gratia are bottom-half albums, with only two rankings putting any of them above 5th place. Likewise, there is a consensus that ? and Sola Scriptura are top-half albums, with everyone placing them at least 4th or higher.

1. ?
2. One
3. Testimony
4. Sola Scriptura

5. Lifeline

7. Momentum
8. Sola Gratia

So it looks like after Sola Scriptura, Neal's solo albums just got worse and worse for you (and that he peaked in 2005 with ?). Now I wonder how you would rank the NMB albums in with these eight, just to see where they would fit.

-Marc.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6312 on: January 02, 2022, 06:38:53 AM »
Doing a bit of math for the five of us who have put up our rankings of Neal's 8 solo prog albums, here's how they average, out of a total 40 points:

Except that Jesus Chris the Exorcist is a Neal solo prog album, so even if you want to cherry pick and only count certain albums, as if the others never happened, you still left one off.  Or is this where we cherry pick some more and say The Exorcist doesn't count because it used different singers?  "Oh no, Neal did an album that sounds different than all of the others!!!!" 

Neal fans are a strange bunch. I have seen it elsewhere online as well.  I have never seen the fanbase of another artist go out of their way to rank albums by ignoring certain albums for the sake of it.  And it seems like they know that Neal gets accused of his music being too samey, yet their exercise of ranking his prog albums pretty much eliminates all of the albums that do not sound like his "normal" prog albums, so they ironically only reinforce that narrative about Neal.

This would be like if someone started a thread called "What are your favorite debut albums?" and someone said, "Well, Opeth's album with growls are different than the ones without, and Damnation was the first totally without, so I am counting that as their debut!"  :lol :lol

Online HOF

« Reply #6313 on: January 02, 2022, 06:55:29 AM »

Except that Jesus Chris the Exorcist is a Neal solo prog album, so even if you want to cherry pick and only count certain albums, as if the others never happened, you still left one off.  Or is this where we cherry pick some more and say The Exorcist doesn't count because it used different singers?  "Oh no, Neal did an album that sounds different than all of the others!!!!" 

Neal fans are a strange bunch. I have seen it elsewhere online as well.  I have never seen the fanbase of another artist go out of their way to rank albums by ignoring certain albums for the sake of it.  And it seems like they know that Neal gets accused of his music being too samey, yet their exercise of ranking his prog albums pretty much eliminates all of the albums that do not sound like his "normal" prog albums, so they ironically only reinforce that narrative about Neal.

This would be like if someone started a thread called "What are your favorite debut albums?" and someone said, "Well, Opeth's album with growls are different than the ones without, and Damnation was the first totally without, so I am counting that as their debut!"  :lol :lol

There’s also at least some prog on Neal’s self-titled first solo album (A Whole Nother Trip). That album is pretty close musically to the early Spock’s Beard albums (some prog, some pop).

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6314 on: January 02, 2022, 07:49:39 AM »

honestly JCTE is so unmemorable i forgot it.  but just put it last in my list than, lol

i really did forget it existed......poor JCTE

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6315 on: January 02, 2022, 08:07:08 AM »
Ok so i HAVE to modify now i feel bad cause i honestly DID forget some

1. Sola Scriptura
2. Testimony 2
3. ?
4. Sola Gratia
5. Testimony
6. Momentum
7.  One
8. Neal Morse
9. Lifeline
10. It's not too Late
11. Jesus Christ the Exorcist

i think that now covers.  I forgot the self titled because i just think Spock's beard more than solo.  It's too late and JCTE are just both highly forgettable to me.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6316 on: January 02, 2022, 11:21:16 AM »

That is a strange position to take.  But whatever.  The semantics don't bother me.  We both know what disk/songs we are talking about, which is the main thing.  :tup
I think Kev's right based on Neal never marketed it as a "bonus disc", but rather as a double album.  But I agree with you, and the others, in that it does have that feel (even though Seeds of Gold is one of his best).  I think after Testimony, which was so long and all about his story, it's natural to think of disc 2 of Testimony 2 as a "bonus disc", as it's not a continuation of Neal's "story".

Offline Kram

« Reply #6317 on: January 02, 2022, 11:25:31 AM »
JCTE is the one Neal "solo prog" album I do not have.  I guess I should pick it up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6318 on: January 02, 2022, 11:30:28 AM »

I think Kev's right based on Neal never marketed it as a "bonus disc", but rather as a double album.  But I agree with you, and the others, in that it does have that feel (even though Seeds of Gold is one of his best).  I think after Testimony, which was so long and all about his story, it's natural to think of disc 2 of Testimony 2 as a "bonus disc", as it's not a continuation of Neal's "story".

Agreed.  Even though it was always presented as a double album, I get why some feel like Disc 1 is the proper album and the three songs on Disc 2 are bonus songs. Semantics aside, that is still one of my three favorite Neal solo records along with One and ?.  The flow and sound of Disc 1 is just so on the money.   :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6319 on: January 02, 2022, 11:35:56 AM »
JCTE surely isn't one Neal's best, but I think some people are way too harsh on it. It's obviously not going to feel like your usual NM prog solo album, but that's because it's a multi-vocalist rock opera/concept album.

My only real complaints about the album are 1. Talon's voice, which I don't think blends well with the rest of the cast and 2. Eric's drumming, which sounds like a poor man's MP impression (no offense to Eric, but drums are clearly not his main instrument).

As for Testimony 2 being a double album or an album with a bonus disc, I don't care really, but Seeds of Gold is one of Neal's best songs ever, no question :hefdaddy
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6320 on: January 02, 2022, 04:19:17 PM »
My only real beef with The Exorcist album is the mix.  It is too dry.  The melodies usually jump out of the speakers at you with a Rich Mouser mix, but with that one it is like they are struggling to get out at times.  I wonder if it being a more vocal-heavy approach than normal made them go for a different sound.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #6321 on: January 03, 2022, 12:47:28 AM »
I think there's a consensus on there being eight "core" Neal Morse solo albums, because they are the albums with MP and Randy that focus on prog. Where would it end? If you take his self-titled and It's Not Too Late, why not Songs From November, or Life & Times? What about his lesser known albums like Songs from the Highway? Or his worship albums? I don't ever think of JCTE as one of the core albums; for one, MP doesn't play on it, and two, it's a rock opera with a huge cast. It's a completely different kind of thing than any of his other albums. It's got Randy, Bill, and Eric, why can't it be an NMB album? Answer: because it just isn't. It's a Neal "project" in my mind more than a Neal "album" if that makes sense. The Beatles had MANY albums that are just forgotten about and not ranked against the "core" 14 or whatever they have. It's the same way with Neal.

Anyway, ranking the core eight:

1. Testimony 2 (Love both discs, including the not-a-bonus-disc #2 :P)
2. Sola Scriptura
3. One
4. ?
5. Lifeline
6. Testimony
7. Momentum
8. Sola Gratia
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #6322 on: January 03, 2022, 02:28:40 AM »
I was always bothered by bands attaching a second disc to the conceptual one-disc release, where it clear that the songs are thematically not connected to the ones on the first disc. The artists make it clear that those are not bonus tracks but rather actual parts of the album. That sort of ruined The Incident by Porcupine Tree for me.

It also slightly brings down Testimony 2. However, it's still so great that it's my favorite solo release by Neal. It's just not ten out of ten.  ;D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6323 on: January 03, 2022, 06:31:19 AM »
I think there's a consensus on there being eight "core" Neal Morse solo albums, because they are the albums with MP and Randy that focus on prog. Where would it end? If you take his self-titled and It's Not Too Late, why not Songs From November, or Life & Times? What about his lesser known albums like Songs from the Highway? Or his worship albums? I don't ever think of JCTE as one of the core albums; for one, MP doesn't play on it, and two, it's a rock opera with a huge cast. It's a completely different kind of thing than any of his other albums. It's got Randy, Bill, and Eric, why can't it be an NMB album? Answer: because it just isn't. It's a Neal "project" in my mind more than a Neal "album" if that makes sense. The Beatles had MANY albums that are just forgotten about and not ranked against the "core" 14 or whatever they have. It's the same way with Neal.

Wait, if the eight "core" are defined by Neal doing prog with Mike and Randy, then why is the original Testimony on there?  Randy George did not play on that album.  I suppose we can always move the goal posts again and say, "But he played on the tour!" :P

With the Beatles, I suspect you are referring to albums like Past Masters Volume 1 and 2, ones that obviously released as a compilation albums of songs that for the most part did not make studio albums, since they were a band that released a lot of singles on their own.  Albums like Songs for November, Life and Times and It's Not Too Late are not compilation albums.  Neal wrote and released those as...wait for it...Neal Morse solo albums.  :eek :eek  (I will not comment on the worship albums because I am largely unfamiliar with them and do not know the stories behind those releases.)

As for something being "a completely different kind of thing than any of his other albums," I didn't realize that an artist had to release the same kind of album over and over, and if they release something different, well, then it really doesn't count.  That is an interesting take. :)

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6324 on: January 03, 2022, 08:40:11 AM »
I'm simple if it's got Neal morse on it (without the Band attached on the end of course) it's a Neal Morse solo album.  No matter who plays on it......i just am more interested in the prog end of things than the worship end.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6325 on: January 03, 2022, 09:57:21 AM »
I'm simple if it's got Neal morse on it (without the Band attached on the end of course) it's a Neal Morse solo album.  No matter who plays on it......i just am more interested in the prog end of things than the worship end.

So... Transatlantic, Flying Colors, and Spock's Beard are all Neal solo albums as well? ;)  :lol

I know we're all being a bit picky and pedantic here, but I only meant to categorize Neal's solo prog albums are that his most well-known, and yes, those are the ones that feature Mike Portnoy. When Neal released Testimony, I think it was a big deal that he was doing music with Mike outside of Transatlantic, especially after he "left" SB and TA. And when Mike kept coming back, it seemed like that was the formula for Neal's solo prog albums at the time, all the way up to the formation of the Neal Morse Band during the Momentum era. And the fact that Neal produced Sola Gratia with just Mike (and Randy) shows that he himself considers that to be definitive solo prog release like the seven that came before it (well six since Randy wasn't on Testimony, but he was on the tour :p).

I think most fans will agree that those eight albums are what many would consider his "solo prog output", where in the music was written and produced (almost) entirely by Neal himself, featuring drums by Portnoy and bass by George, and where Neal does (nearly) all of the vocals. Not having Mike and multiple vocalists kind of puts JCTE in a separate category. It's also not the first musical/rock opera Neal has written (Hitman, which dates a bit further back in his career, though never officially released outside of the IC Club).

I think we can all agree that we don't have to include his singer-songwriter albums when ranking his solo prog stuff since they're completely different in feel, despite his debut solo album closing with a 20-minute prog epic, though that song isn't even as proggy as his other early prog epics (from SB and TA). They're all fine albums, but I think most prog fans/casual Neal fans aren't aware of those albums, and probably have not even heard them at all, same with the worship albums.

But back to Neal and solo prog releases - do we think he'll ever do another one outside of the NMB, like with Sola Gratia? Or will he just stick with the 3 bands he's currently in from now until he's retired?

-Marc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6326 on: January 03, 2022, 10:16:28 AM »
I think the chances that he does another solo album outside of NMB is approaching 100%.   Not to be dramatic or starry-eyed about it, but I get the sense that making records for Neal is not a job, not something you "retire" from.  I think he will be making music in some form or another until his brain is no longer processing that music for one reason or another.

I think it's far more likely he jettisons the other bands than it is that he forsakes another solo album (simply because the consequences of the burden are far greater when you have 2/3/4 other band members).

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6327 on: January 03, 2022, 10:18:32 AM »
Everybody forgets about A Proggy Christmas when they do their rankings.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6328 on: January 03, 2022, 11:52:07 AM »

So... Transatlantic, Flying Colors, and Spock's Beard are all Neal solo albums as well? ;)  :lol

I know we're all being a bit picky and pedantic here, but I only meant to categorize Neal's solo prog albums are that his most well-known, and yes, those are the ones that feature Mike Portnoy. When Neal released Testimony, I think it was a big deal that he was doing music with Mike outside of Transatlantic, especially after he "left" SB and TA. And when Mike kept coming back, it seemed like that was the formula for Neal's solo prog albums at the time, all the way up to the formation of the Neal Morse Band during the Momentum era. And the fact that Neal produced Sola Gratia with just Mike (and Randy) shows that he himself considers that to be definitive solo prog release like the seven that came before it (well six since Randy wasn't on Testimony, but he was on the tour :p).

I think most fans will agree that those eight albums are what many would consider his "solo prog output", where in the music was written and produced (almost) entirely by Neal himself, featuring drums by Portnoy and bass by George, and where Neal does (nearly) all of the vocals. Not having Mike and multiple vocalists kind of puts JCTE in a separate category. It's also not the first musical/rock opera Neal has written (Hitman, which dates a bit further back in his career, though never officially released outside of the IC Club).

I think we can all agree that we don't have to include his singer-songwriter albums when ranking his solo prog stuff since they're completely different in feel, despite his debut solo album closing with a 20-minute prog epic, though that song isn't even as proggy as his other early prog epics (from SB and TA). They're all fine albums, but I think most prog fans/casual Neal fans aren't aware of those albums, and probably have not even heard them at all, same with the worship albums.

But back to Neal and solo prog releases - do we think he'll ever do another one outside of the NMB, like with Sola Gratia? Or will he just stick with the 3 bands he's currently in from now until he's retired?

-Marc.

well you know basically what i'm saying :lol

but yea all these distinctions get so muddled......just enjoy the music i say.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6329 on: January 03, 2022, 11:55:07 AM »

-Marc.
I agree with this ^

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #6330 on: January 03, 2022, 11:58:19 AM »
I hope he does another solo record.  i appear to be in the minority but i adored sola Gratia and think it has of the best"second side) of music he's ever done....the last 7 songs.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6331 on: January 03, 2022, 11:59:25 AM »
I think the chances that he does another solo album outside of NMB is approaching 100%.   Not to be dramatic or starry-eyed about it, but I get the sense that making records for Neal is not a job, not something you "retire" from.  I think he will be making music in some form or another until his brain is no longer processing that music for one reason or another.

I think it's far more likely he jettisons the other bands than it is that he forsakes another solo album (simply because the consequences of the burden are far greater when you have 2/3/4 other band members).
I agree with this as well.  He'll definitely release more solo albums for sure.  If anything, I think we'll see less of TA and Flying Colors, unfortunately.  I think they know they have something special with the NMB chemistry, so I expect that to continue as well as future "solo" releases.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6332 on: January 03, 2022, 12:04:08 PM »

I agree with this as well.  He'll definitely release more solo albums for sure.  If anything, I think we'll see less of TA and Flying Colors, unfortunately.  I think they know they have something special with the NMB chemistry, so I expect that to continue as well as future "solo" releases.

If Transatlantic is done, I'd be fine with that. They produced five very fine albums and as great at TAU is, I'm not sure they could do anything else that could top that or their earlier works. A sixth TA album just seems difficult for me to imagine what it'd be like. Flying Colors, on the other hand, I really hope sticks around, as it's the most unlike-his-other-bands that Neal has been in, especially since he's not a major musical contributor with Steve Morse and Casey McPherson throwing in their music just as much as Neal. I would love to see at least two more albums from them, I think they've got it in them to do at least two more and then call it a day. I honestly hope they reconvene this year, especially if Neal's tour plans get canceled in the wake of resurging COVID cases. Get the boys back together to do FC4 this Spring and release it in the Fall, and maybe by then, touring will be more certain and they could do a FC Tour (opening with Morsefest 2022!).

-Marc.

Offline Kram

« Reply #6333 on: January 03, 2022, 02:39:02 PM »

If Transatlantic is done, I'd be fine with that. They produced five very fine albums and as great at TAU is, I'm not sure they could do anything else that could top that or their earlier works. A sixth TA album just seems difficult for me to imagine what it'd be like. Flying Colors, on the other hand, I really hope sticks around, as it's the most unlike-his-other-bands that Neal has been in, especially since he's not a major musical contributor with Steve Morse and Casey McPherson throwing in their music just as much as Neal. I would love to see at least two more albums from them, I think they've got it in them to do at least two more and then call it a day. I honestly hope they reconvene this year, especially if Neal's tour plans get canceled in the wake of resurging COVID cases. Get the boys back together to do FC4 this Spring and release it in the Fall, and maybe by then, touring will be more certain and they could do a FC Tour (opening with Morsefest 2022!).

-Marc.
Yeah, I don't think Flying Colors is done and I agree, I think they've got more left in them to say musically.  My point was more that we might get a Flying Colors album every 5 years vs. every 18-24 months with the NMB.  That's how I see it anyway.  As far as Transatlantic, it's tough to say.  TAU Forevermore was my album of the year last year.  So if they can produce more on that level, I'm all for it.  It does kinda feel like this upcoming Morsefest performance is their swansong though.  But what do I know? I could be totally wrong and they're planning a writing session for TA 6 before or after Morsefest....it's certainly possible.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6334 on: January 03, 2022, 05:57:11 PM »

Agreed.  I don't see Neal stopping until he cannot physically do it anymore and/or he runs out of ideas, and the former seems more likely to happen first given that he has an endless amount of creativity, but hopefully not for another 15-20 years.  Hey, if Keith Richards can keep going till almost 80, then Neal can as well, right? :)