General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (242/277) > >>

mikeyd23:

--- Quote from: BlackInk on January 18, 2017, 12:15:22 AM ---I thought P3 had a bit too much screaming, at least in the beginning. The Price is Wrong is all harsh vocals, which has never happened before. And there's no cleans until a long way into Motormouth.

Juggernaut is my personal favorite though, so that's probably a good one to move on to if you liked P3. Very well done concept record.

--- End quote ---

I agree, but looking at the album as a whole, there was enough clean singing with great melodies in songs like Marigold, The Way the News Goes, Remain Indoors, Catch Fire, and Lune to balance out that very scream-heavy start to the record.

As a side note, speaking of Motormouth, I LOVE when he does finally introduce a clean melody and then the band kicks into that great outro  :metal

Train of Naught:

--- Quote from: mikeyd23 on January 18, 2017, 07:45:20 AM ---As a side note, speaking of Motormouth, I LOVE when he does finally introduce a clean melody and then the band kicks into that great outro  :metal

--- End quote ---
Fucking this, what an ending.

I just stumbled upon this vid of Flatline with Vocals/Synths/Strings only. 0:43 sounds like a 70's acapella progrock intro :lol Listening to this thing made me realize how well-constructed the song is vocally.

BlackInk:
Yeah Motormouth is a pretty badass song.

mikeyd23:

--- Quote from: Train of Naught on January 19, 2017, 02:13:25 AM ---I just stumbled upon this vid of Flatline with Vocals/Synths/Strings only. 0:43 sounds like a 70's acapella progrock intro :lol Listening to this thing made me realize how well-constructed the song is vocally.

--- End quote ---

On PIII there is A LOT going on vocally. Lots of layers kinda weaving together, harsh, clean, etc... I'm really impressed with his vocals on this record.

jakepriest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjfwKDacWw

just gonna leave this here

gravitee is a just a feeble ploooot yeaaaa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version