Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 298020 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #3115 on: April 05, 2016, 12:05:56 PM »
Yep, that was just filmed a day or two ago, in New York City, on the last day of principal photography.  Afterwards, Cumberbatch (still in costume) visited an area comic shop, bought some Dr. Strange comics, and hung out and had pics made with the store owner. 

If you're that store owner, is that the best day ever or what?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3116 on: April 06, 2016, 01:10:26 AM »
Just finished Daredevil season 2. Yeah another amazing season. I can totally live with that ending.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #3117 on: April 06, 2016, 08:23:35 AM »
Just finished Daredevil season 2. Yeah another amazing season. I can totally live with that ending.

Also just finished season 2 last night. I absolutely LOVED this entire season!! Punisher was BRUTAL! :tup

Offline adace

« Reply #3118 on: April 07, 2016, 10:15:29 PM »

Also just finished season 2 last night. I absolutely LOVED this entire season!! Punisher was BRUTAL! :tup
Ditto. What an awesome show. Can't wait for season 3!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3119 on: April 09, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »
So apparently the initial twitter reactions to Civil War are like 100% praise.

While this is nice, it's also worthy to note that the initial twitter reactions to BvS were also like 100% praise.

So it's a good sign, but I'm going to try to not read much into it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3120 on: April 09, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
Several movie critics that I follow who were critical of BvS after initial viewing are really hyped over how good Civil War is, so I'm buying into the hype.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3121 on: April 09, 2016, 07:20:36 PM »
Several movie critics that I follow who were critical of BvS after initial viewing are really hyped over how good Civil War is, so I'm buying into the hype.

Yea, I saw a few of the critics I follow also like it. I just meant the general reaction. When I read the initial tweets of BvS it was "BEST COMIC MOVIE EVER FLAWLESS" and so forth. So I usually just don't pay much attention to early screening fan hype (even with some critics). Hoping for some more substantial thoughts in a few weeks.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #3122 on: April 09, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
I'm not totally sure, but i think BvS was screened for fans, while Cap was screened only for critics.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3123 on: April 10, 2016, 03:08:59 AM »
I'm not totally sure, but i think BvS was screened for fans, while Cap was screened only for critics.

Yes

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3124 on: April 10, 2016, 05:12:37 AM »
Lots of praise for Spidey and Black Panther as well, which bodes well not only for this film, but the future of the MCU.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3125 on: April 10, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »
And people say
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:09:28 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3126 on: April 10, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »
I've got no sense of humour.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:09:49 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline Adami

« Reply #3127 on: April 10, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »
I had to look up who that was. Apparently it's a Ren and Stimpy character that once made a joke appearance in a one off Marvel comic? Not too positive he belongs in this thread, but there's not a ton else to talk about right now, so I guess it won't matter much.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3128 on: April 10, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
Also it's a joke and you need to lighten up.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3129 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:52 PM »

I'm cool. Just wasn't sure why a random cartoon character was being talked about. I had to look it up. Since I had no idea who he was I can't really find it funny. But sure, I'll be quiet. I'm sure there'll be lots of other posters who find it funny.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3130 on: April 10, 2016, 05:25:53 PM »
Its funny because it's a random superhero that MARVEL should make a movie out of.. . . . .  .  .

Offline Adami

« Reply #3131 on: April 10, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
Alright, sorry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3132 on: April 10, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »

I'm cool. Just wasn't sure why a random cartoon character was being talked about. I had to look it up. Since I had no idea who he was I can't really find it funny. But sure, I'll be quiet. I'm sure there'll be lots of other posters who find it funny.

Wouldn't count on it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3133 on: April 11, 2016, 08:21:14 AM »
Its funny because it's a random superhero that MARVEL should make a movie out of.. . . . .  .  .
Yeah, but it's not funny because Marvel doesn't make movies about random superheroes.  They make movies about Marvel superheroes.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3134 on: April 11, 2016, 09:08:54 AM »
Fine. Just delete the fucking post.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3135 on: April 11, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Way to handle criticism.   :tup
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #3136 on: April 11, 2016, 10:50:41 AM »
.........anyway

So I've read (no idea how official this is, but it's from someone who saw the movie) that Spiderman gets almost 30 minutes of screen time in Civil War. Fascinating then, that they've managed to keep him so well under wraps.

Either way, already got my tickets to a May 5th showing. Super excited for this movie.

Not feeling anything for Dr. Strange yet. I guess I need to see a trailer first.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3137 on: April 11, 2016, 10:53:20 AM »
.........anyway

So I've read (no idea how official this is, but it's from someone who saw the movie) that Spiderman gets almost 30 minutes of screen time in Civil War. Fascinating then, that they've managed to keep him so well under wraps.

Either way, already got my tickets to a May 5th showing. Super excited for this movie.

Not feeling anything for Dr. Strange yet. I guess I need to see a trailer first.

I heard the same thing... though the time is split b/t Spidey and Peter Parker. 

Dr. Strange trailer is supposed to hit next week, no?

Offline Adami

« Reply #3138 on: April 11, 2016, 10:56:09 AM »
Is it? That would be awesome.  :metal
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3139 on: April 11, 2016, 10:57:57 AM »
There will be some form of teaser/trailer for Doctor Strange debuted tomorrow night, when Cumberbatch is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel.

BTW, it is Marvel week on that show.  The members of Team Cap from Civil War are on tonight, and Team Iron Man are on Wednesday night.  (I may have the team nights reversed, but tonight and Wednesday are the nights.)

New Civil War footage was debuted last night at the MTV Movie Awards.  Can't wait for this film.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3140 on: April 11, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »
There will be some form of teaser/trailer for Doctor Strange debuted tomorrow night, when Cumberbatch is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel.

BTW, it is Marvel week on that show.  The members of Team Cap from Civil War are on tonight, and Team Iron Man are on Wednesday night.  (I may have the team nights reversed, but tonight and Wednesday are the nights.)

New Civil War footage was debuted last night at the MTV Movie Awards.  Can't wait for this film.

Oh happy day!

You know, reflecting on how this movie is going compared to Age of Ultron, I'm starting to think that having a two man team (brothers in this case) makes all the difference. Whedon had to write and direct that beast of a movie by himself. At least the Russo's are able to delegate responsibility between themselves and the other writers to help alleviate some of the stress. Keeps them focused and not feeling over burdened. Gives me a lot of hope for Infinity Wars. Though if Marvel is going to fall apart, Infinity Wars is the likely place for that to happen.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #3141 on: April 11, 2016, 11:03:17 AM »
Why Joss Whedon isn't directing Infinity War?

Offline Adami

« Reply #3142 on: April 11, 2016, 11:05:11 AM »
Why Joss Whedon isn't directing Infinity War?

He mostly left Marvel after being burned out from Age of Ultron. I think he still does some consulting/producing but that is about the limit of his involvement anymore. The Russo Brothers will direct Infinity Wars movies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #3143 on: April 11, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »
I would have doubt in the movie after his departure but, with the Russo brothers at helm, it should turn out ok.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:18:59 AM by Outcrier »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3144 on: April 11, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »

Just watched.  Giggity.

Really have to restrain myself for the next month... I don't want to do what I did with Ultron - watch EVERY spot/short/trailer that's released.  By the time I got to the theater last year, I'd seen about 20 minutes of the movie.  Trying so hard not to do that here.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3145 on: April 11, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
Civil War is showing here soon. I may as well see it as I saw the first 2 C.A. movies including Winter Soldier not so long ago.

I still need to see Thor 2 and Avengers 2 & Iron Man 3. Two of those are on Netflix so I might catch up.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3146 on: April 11, 2016, 11:21:02 AM »
I would try to get caught up before you see Civil War.  Avengers 2 and IM 3 tie directly into it.  Thor 2 less so, so if you don't have time for all three, that would be the one to skip.  But it (including the post-credits scene) does give some important background, especially for Avengers 2, if you can fit it in.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #3147 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:01 AM »
Also Ant-Man. Not quite to the same level as Avengers 2, but it's nice to be familiar with the character before seeing Civil War.

Though you may have already seen it, not sure.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3148 on: April 11, 2016, 11:29:44 AM »
If you've already seen Ant-Man...

watch it again.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3149 on: April 11, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
With all these movies coming out at the moment all I can think of is what a time to be alive!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....