Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 298014 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #490 on: May 15, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »
But did they say that?  I don't remember them being close to landing when the attack happened.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
im pretty sure their plane approached from below and as they were talking to the (radar?) girl it slowly de-cloaked. i think it was more visually explained instead of having her say "we are de-cloaking for you to land"

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:17 AM »
I just wanna see a Ryan Reynold's R-rated Deadpool movie!
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
ALL OF IT. TAKE IT.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
But did they say that?  I don't remember them being close to landing when the attack happened.
I don't quite remember the dialogue, but they did talk to someone from the carrier as they were approaching. They must have uncloaked there at some point.

I just wanna see a Ryan Reynold's R-rated Deadpool movie!
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
ALL OF IT. TAKE IT.
YES!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »
Yeah, as they were flying in the pilot (or maybe it was hawkeye, can't remember), was talking to the control people on the ship and told them they were coming in to drop off ammo and supplies.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #495 on: May 15, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
There was definitely some dialogue permitting them to land over the radio.

I agree about Barton though, it would have been great to have Thor use some kind of cure on him like healing stones (cut from the Thor movie).  Or even have Widow shoot him up with some kind of IV that would kick start the nerves in his brain or whatever movie explanation they could choose to do. 

Outside of that, the only things that bugged me were 1. the half-assed explanation of how Thor got back to Earth, and 2. the Chitauri falling over dead when the mother ship was destroyed.  They're living creatures, not battle droids.  Maybe on the blu-ray we'll get a deleted scene saying the tech in their suits allow them to breath on Earth or something, so when that shuts down they die.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #496 on: May 15, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »
I honestly thought that Thor would get back because Selvig and SHIELD would've finished the "wormhole" theory Jane Foster started at the end pf Thor. That would've been a better explanation than just "well Odin siphoned me here".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:18:55 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #497 on: May 15, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »
Outside of that, the only things that bugged me were 1. the half-assed explanation of how Thor got back to Earth, and 2. the Chitauri falling over dead when the mother ship was destroyed.  They're living creatures, not battle droids.  Maybe on the blu-ray we'll get a deleted scene saying the tech in their suits allow them to breath on Earth or something, so when that shuts down they die.

Oh yeah.  All that, too.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #498 on: May 15, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
I'm assuming Thor's return will be explained in Thor 2.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #499 on: May 15, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »

I'm with bosk about nitpicking, but those were the two things that stood out the most for me.  And with the bifrost destroyed, how did anyone on Asgard even know Loki was back on Earth?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #500 on: May 15, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »
I'm assuming Thor's return will be explained in Thor 2.
It was explained in Avengers, though it was mostly a throw-away line by Loki.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #501 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »

I'm with bosk about nitpicking, but those were the two things that stood out the most for me.  And with the bifrost destroyed, how did anyone on Asgard even know Loki was back on Earth?

Himedel can see earth too, remember? Loki didn't mask his return to Earth, so it's assumeable that Himedel was able to see him.

Sorry if I spelled his name wrong, don't feel like looking up the correct spelling of a mythical norse god's name.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #502 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:59 PM »
Heimdall

Offline Adami

« Reply #503 on: May 15, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »
Heimdall

Whatever. God damn norse need to learn english.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #504 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »
I honestly thought that Thor would get back because Selvig and SHIELD would've finished the "wormhole" theory Jane Foster started at the end pf Thor. That would've been a better explanation than just "well Odin siphoned me here".

Yeah I think that's definitely going to be part of Thor 2.  Jane will create a portal and travel to Asgard.  It will be interesting if it is an issue between Thor and Jane that he came back to Earth but did not see her (though did make sure she was safe).

Offline Adami

« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »

Yeah I think that's definitely going to be part of Thor 2.  Jane will create a portal and travel to Asgard.  It will be interesting if it is an issue between Thor and Jane that he came back to Earth but did not see her (though did make sure she was safe).

There was a small amount of time between the end battle and them leaving. Perhaps he found her, gave her a good dose of his hammer, then left?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #506 on: May 15, 2012, 10:03:27 PM »
Then why didn't he invite her for schawarma?  :'(

Offline Adami

« Reply #507 on: May 15, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
Then why didn't he invite her for schawarma?  :'(

I'm sure he ate some of her meat.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #508 on: May 15, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »
Finally saw the Avengers tonight, and it did not disappoint. If anything it exceeded my expectations, and they were HIGH.

Also, when it comes to what super-heroes would we want to see in the future, I would absolutely LOVE to see Luke Cage get some screen time. He's such a bad ass. Maybe not his own film, but definitely a cameo of some sorts. Perhaps an appearance in the next Avengers film?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:56:43 PM by PuffyPat »
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #509 on: May 16, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »
And what better way to ruin the character than to make him white and have him played by the guy who took him name: NICOLAS CAGE!

Sony would do this.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #510 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Looks like Coldblood is the new villain in Iron Man 3

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/55794

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #511 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »
Haven't been to that site in a while but the design has definitely not aged well  :lol

In any case, I thought the Mandarin was going to be the villain, even though Jon Favreau was having trouble making it work with the tech-based Iron Man theme. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #512 on: May 16, 2012, 09:41:26 PM »
There's a lot of things rumoring around for that movie. There's the Kingsley as Mandarin rumor, I think it's a little safe to assume the Extremis story is gonna be part of the plot (with changes to fit the movie universe no doubt), and now this Coldblood who I'm not familiar with.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #513 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »
Kingsley is an exciting rumor so far.  However, if they are doing the Extremis story arc (and it seems they are), I have very little interest in seeing the film.

Offline Adami

« Reply #514 on: May 16, 2012, 11:13:05 PM »
Kingsley is an exciting rumor so far.  However, if they are doing the Extremis story arc (and it seems they are), I have very little interest in seeing the film.

Really? Extremis sounds way more interesting than The Mandarin.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2012, 10:19:49 AM »
We already have Cap and the Hulk for genetic stuff, and I don't really have a lot of interest in seeing Tony hide Iron Man armor in the hollows of his bones.  Especially since bones aren't hollow.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2012, 01:33:19 PM »
I very much doubt they'd go to that route. Maybe Extremis changes to a nanobot attack or something and there's a change in the armor, but I doubt the movie will actually go that route.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »
Saw it twice in the past week. I thought it was kind of lame actually. The best parts of the film were the expositions of each character and how they became part of the team. The worst parts were Loki and everything that happens once they get to NY for the final battle. The script and dialogue were pretty weak, too.

Probably my favorite scenes in the movie were when they fought each other.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
Have you ever considered just not having opinions?

It's probably something you should consider.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
I got to see it yesterday. To be honest, I wasn't as pleased as most. It was a solid movie, quite entertaining, and definitely worth watching. I would grade it a B. I do however have a question about the post-credit scene, for those of you who are familiar with the comics, who was that man? What is he gonna do?
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
He's gonna whip ass.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »
I do however have a question about the post-credit scene, for those of you who are familiar with the comics, who was that man? What is he gonna do?

I assume you mean the first one.  It has been mentioned in the thread.  But here you go.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #522 on: May 17, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to search through the entire thread Bosk.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #523 on: May 17, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
:tup

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #524 on: May 17, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
Have you ever considered just not having opinions?

It's probably something you should consider.
Indeed.