Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 298033 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Marvel's Movie Universe
« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2012, 03:01:25 PM »
I think it would be even more cool if we found out that he learned to replicate himself and then he basically went around  absorbing other people and turning them into clones of him, thereby threatening the very existence of the universe itself, and forcing good and evil to unite against him once and for all just as evil is about to crush humanity completely with evil robots.  I mean, something like that is unprecedented in film, and I think Hugo Weaving could be just the guy to pull it off.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »
Like, like he was a computer virus?!?!?!

I think we're onto something!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »
Because he's the grim reaper now!!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Quite.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
Extended Super Bowl trailer for The Avengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE09rUdpB94

I think it safe to say the Skrulls are the ones Loki brings.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:03:50 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »
yummy.  Saw the trailer, and got all warm and fuzzy again.  3 more months!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
Yes, I wasn't really that excited for this movie until that trailer. Well made. Goosebumps! I didn't think they could pull it off but maybe, just maybe this will be the badass-festival I once imagined it to be.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
Loki looks so fucking badass in that last part!

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »
I wouldn't jump on skrulls so quick. They don't look like that, nor fly ships like that...

I figured it was simply going to be descendants of the frost-giants. At the end of Thor, it seems logical that Loki would end up riding the bifrost back to his home planet. But regardless, we shall see. We know the infinity gauntlet gets introduced at some point, so who knows if that comes into play.

Regardless, the 360 camera pan of all of them gave my a stiffy. Straight up ;)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »
Well, this is a movie, when do movies portrayed the source material as is?

I've heard a rumor that Marvel Films can't actually use the Skrulls name because it was sold with the rights to F4, but they could always use the Ultimate universe counterparts, the Chitauri, and it would work in the context of the films since they take elements from the mainstream Marvel universe and the Ultimate universe.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »
I don't think it's the Skrulls.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »
Whoever it is, I'm pretty excited.  I think they've done a much better job on these than the vast majority of superhero movies out there, and I have high expectations for the Avengers movie even though I lost interest in the comic back in my comic collecting days.

I also did a poll for your favorite movie of the bunch so far:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=30850.0
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
From the very brief glimpse we have of the aliens all I can make out is grayish skin/armor and what look to be pointed ears.  So even though Marvel Studios guys have denied it being the Skrulls, they could just be fucking with us.   :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #259 on: February 29, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
Trailer #2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY9DnBNJFTI

I'm guessing that bit where IM, Thor and Cap looked to be fighting is either a real fight, or, and this is what I think it is, some kind of Danger Room-like training program.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #260 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:57 AM »
Trailer #2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY9DnBNJFTI

I'm guessing that bit where IM, Thor and Cap looked to be fighting is either a real fight, or, and this is what I think it is, some kind of Danger Room-like training program.

It's probably a real fight. I read an interview a while back that Thor has a protective brotherly thing with Loki, and while he needs to take him down, doesn't want anyone else hurting him. So he may have went into that mode for a bit to stop Captain from going too far. I have seen clips where it looks like they make up pretty quickly though, so I don't expect that fight to be a major part of the film.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #261 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
That makes sense.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: February 29, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
Schwing!!!

The Avengers were always a group of dysfunctional maverick's, so to see them in-fighting isn't out of the question.  My bet is that it's when Thor comes back to Earth, and he really doesn't know who's a friend/enemy, nor do Cap/Iron Man.

This is gonna be so good.  I don't know which I'm looking more forward to, this or Dark Knight Rises.  I'm gonna go with this, just because it's in theater's first.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #263 on: February 29, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Oh yes sir *faps*

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #264 on: February 29, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »
Oh my god this is going to be so tits. That second trailer just solidified this as my most anticipated movie above TDKR. I love the inner turmoil within the group and their egos clashing; I can't wait to see how Banner/Hulk's personality fits into the mix. For the most part we've seen the ins and outs of all the other characters, but it'll be interesting to see Ruffalo meld with the characters we already know (Hawkeye excluded). Ohhh my goodness, I did not expect to be this excited for this film. But I am just a raging redwood ready to pierce the heavens.

RIP DTP.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #265 on: February 29, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Oh my god this is going to be so tits. That second trailer just solidified this as my most anticipated movie above TDKR.
Woah woah, I'm excited too, but let's not talk crazy here ;)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #266 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »
Word of mouth from people who have seen the film is apparently quite good, and Marvel is very very pleased with the film.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #267 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
Oh lord, this movie really just needs to be in theaters already :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #268 on: February 29, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »
My penis is rock hard right now.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »
Word of mouth from people who have seen the film is apparently quite good, and Marvel is very very pleased with the film.

:caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:

Online Adami

« Reply #270 on: March 31, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
New aliens look....alright. Was hoping for Skrulls, but oh well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
Here's a new TV spot with a decent look at the "aliens"... as well as the Hulk having his way.

https://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/exclusive:marvelstheavengersheadcounttvspot-trailer/30154/2217156036

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2012, 01:17:11 PM »
I saw it last night and it has made me lean more to them being some beings from one of the Nine Worlds than Skrulls/Chitauri.

Online Adami

« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2012, 01:19:39 PM »
I saw it last night and it has made me lean more to them being some beings from one of the Nine Worlds than Skrulls/Chitauri.

What do you mean? Joss has blatantly confirmed that there are no Skrulls/Kree.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2012, 01:21:15 PM »
I know. I was just hoping they meant no Skrulls because they were gonna use the Ultimate Universe equivalent, the Chitauri.

Online Adami

« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
I just figure they want the focus on Loki, not his minions. If they had a super cool shape shifting army, then yes that would be awesome for us marvel fans and so forth, but it would take a lot of focus off of everyone else. And considering how god damn huge the cast is already, I guess they didn't need the distraction.

EDIT: Plus, weren't they the enemy in both Marvel Avenger cartoons? Seems redundant to use them for this too. Especially how lame the cartoons made them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
I can see that. Which is why I believe they're some beings from the Nine Worlds who Loki is controlling.

I've heard some people speculate that the flying serpent-looking thing that is showed at the end of the second trailer is the Midgard Serpent, which would fit seeing as Loki would know about it. I thought that was pretty interesting, though I don't think it will be the Midgard Serpent.

That point about the cartoon doesn't really matter though. It's all in how they would be portrayed. Joker has been used in everything Batman related, yet The Dark Knight was a refreshing and awesome take on the character.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »
The line-up clip is fucking awesome. Goosebumps on my penis!(?) I can't wait to see this. I haven't seen a movie in an actual theater for a while.

RIP DTP.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
The poor Japanese, they have to wait until August apparently!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrCDmxER-vs

Japanese trailer I'd never seen before, with some new footage as well.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2012, 07:02:21 AM »