Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 97836 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. NFL officiating continues to disintegrate
« Reply #1225 on: November 16, 2021, 04:06:59 PM »
YOU SHUT UP I'LL FIGHT YOU RIGHT NOW!  >:(

Which team is yours again?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1226 on: November 16, 2021, 07:14:54 PM »
So I haven't been to a game in years, but my Uncle just asked me to an Eagles game.

Cheapest seats are $130 at the very top and parking is $40. Damn...  Boy times have changed  :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1227 on: November 17, 2021, 07:01:02 AM »
So I haven't been to a game in years, but my Uncle just asked me to an Eagles game.

Cheapest seats are $130 at the very top and parking is $40. Damn...  Boy times have changed  :lol

My parents had Cowboys season tickets when Texas Stadium first opened up in 1971. The tickets were 10.00 bucks a piece and Blue parking (parking close to the stadium) was 25.00 a season (I think). Times have indeed changed......

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1228 on: November 17, 2021, 01:28:17 PM »
Not me!  :metal

Yeah you do.  Does week 9 Denver at Dallas ring a bell?  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1229 on: November 17, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »

What? Every team has one of those games. It's the response that counts. Does week 10 ring a bell?

Sorry dude - weak response.  :tdwn

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1230 on: November 18, 2021, 07:43:47 AM »
Percentage of TD passes this season from drives starting on opponent's side of the field:

Brady: 40.7%
   Rodgers: 23.5%
      Murray: 17.7%
    Cousins: 16.7%
    Herbert: 15.8%
  Prescott: 15.0%
     Burrow: 15.0%
   Stafford: 12.5%
Mahomes: 12.0%
         Allen: 5.3%

:omg: :omg: I mean, HOW does it continue on year after year. The rust-resistant, bile-resistant horseshoe.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1231 on: November 18, 2021, 07:58:39 AM »
Or, hear me out. He finishes where other QB's can't.  You give him the opportunity and he will make you pay.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1232 on: November 18, 2021, 10:17:18 AM »

What? Every team has one of those games. It's the response that counts. Does week 10 ring a bell?

Sorry dude - weak response.  :tdwn

It doesn't make week 9 any less embarrassing.  Both teams are at the bottom of their division, so the response in wk 10 was pretty much a no-brainer as wk 9 should've been.  Just sayin'
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1234 on: November 18, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »
Or, hear me out. He finishes where other QB's can't.  You give him the opportunity and he will make you pay.

Let's leave Gisele out of this.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1235 on: November 18, 2021, 08:02:49 PM »

Can I add that to his resume?  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1236 on: November 18, 2021, 08:03:27 PM »

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1237 on: November 19, 2021, 05:28:46 AM »
Pat's D really rounding into shape right now.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1238 on: November 19, 2021, 06:13:42 AM »
Seems crazy to say now, but the Patriots are probably more likely to make the Super Bowl right now than the Bucs.  A big part of that are the conferences, as the NFC is really top heavy and the AFC is not, but Belichick has that team rolling now.  Coaching isn't what it used to be in the NFL, and that makes it easier for super geniuses like the Hoodie to dominate.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1239 on: November 19, 2021, 07:10:17 AM »
Will see soon enough with the Titans and 2 games vs. the Bills. 

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1240 on: November 19, 2021, 07:57:10 AM »
No doubt that Mac Jones is impressive and credit should also go to Josh McDaniels for coaching Mac well.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1241 on: November 19, 2021, 08:29:05 AM »
I'm not sure how they'll do, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Patriots play a quality team right now. They're playing very good football right now, but there just seems to be caveat there that they've been playing the right teams at the right times. SD and CLE are respectable, and they held their own against Dallas and Tampa, but at this point I really want to see how they do against Tenn and Buff. With ten days to prepare and gameplan, I like their chances against Tenn. They'll probably split their games with Buff, so I'm not sure how the first one goes.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1242 on: November 19, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
Seems crazy to say now, but the Patriots are probably more likely to make the Super Bowl right now than the Bucs.  A big part of that are the conferences, as the NFC is really top heavy and the AFC is not, but Belichick has that team rolling now.  Coaching isn't what it used to be in the NFL, and that makes it easier for super geniuses like the Hoodie to dominate.

There's still a lot of football to be played but I heard the other day that the Bucs have the oldest roster in the league and it's around this time of the year where age shows it's ugly face. Perhaps it was the wrong thought process to bring back every starter and not inject younger blood.

I guess we shall see.......Yes, we shall see...

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1243 on: November 19, 2021, 09:56:54 AM »
The Bucs team is in a weird disconnect of late. Arians said they've been practicing great but not showing up at gametime esp for the last game. God knows what AB is up to but with him and Gronk out, they seem to not finish strong offensively. At defense, I imagine they'll rally hard and hopefully get healthy and play solid leading up to the playoffs.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1244 on: November 19, 2021, 11:06:34 AM »
For all of the flack Belichick gets for his recent drafts (save for the last one), his ability to find quality unknowns is phenomenal. Looking into it, of their starting secondary (nickel), which now leads the league in INTs, three are UDAs and one is a 7th round castaway. The only one he actually drafted was McCourty. JC Jackson will go on to make a fortune next year, just like Malcolm Butler did, and probably be replaced by some other guy currently working at a Home Depot who will continue the pattern. Also UDAs are the starting C for the last 6 years, suddenly studly RB Brandon Bolden, and 1st team all pro returner Olszewski. This is something he's done time and time again for 20 years, going back to Randall Gay and Steve Neal.  The guy's just got a knack for finding people he can turn into solid players.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: November 19, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »
For all of the flack Belichick gets for his recent drafts (save for the last one), his ability to find quality unknowns is phenomenal. Looking into it, of their starting secondary (nickel), which now leads the league in INTs, three are UDAs and one is a 7th round castaway. The only one he actually drafted was McCourty. JC Jackson will go on to make a fortune next year, just like Malcolm Butler did, and probably be replaced by some other guy currently working at a Home Depot who will continue the pattern. Also UDAs are the starting C for the last 6 years, suddenly studly RB Brandon Bolden, and 1st team all pro returner Olszewski. This is something he's done time and time again for 20 years, going back to Randall Gay and Steve Neal.  The guy's just got a knack for finding people he can turn into solid players.

How about this years story with Jakob Johnson.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2021, 12:36:40 PM »
Wish the Ravens could have afforded to re-sign Matt Judon.  He has fit in quite well with the Pats, and his vacancy here has been evident every week.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1247 on: November 19, 2021, 12:55:01 PM »
@ Teddy Bridgewater..

This is how it's done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAPFgEY34-s

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1248 on: November 19, 2021, 01:02:02 PM »
@ Teddy Bridgewater..

This is how it's done!

Yeah, I kinda wish he hadn't gotten into that, but I certainly can't fault him. That's pride kicking in. My boss doesn't yell at me when I fuck up because I'm harder on myself than he would be, and if I screw something up I don't want others fixing it. With his rookie mentality, I suspect it was important for him to do whatever he could to offset his mistake.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1249 on: November 19, 2021, 01:04:12 PM »
@ Teddy Bridgewater..

This is how it's done!

Yeah, I kinda wish he hadn't gotten into that, but I certainly can't fault him. That's pride kicking in. My boss doesn't yell at me when I fuck up because I'm harder on myself than he would be, and if I screw something up I don't want others fixing it. With his rookie mentality, I suspect it was important for him to do whatever he could to offset his mistake.

Oh yeah, he'll eventually learn to just let Jakob Johnson just mush the guy himself. I think things like that goes a long way with the guys in the room.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1250 on: November 20, 2021, 02:50:12 PM »
The Bucs team is in a weird disconnect of late. Arians said they've been practicing great but not showing up at gametime esp for the last game. God knows what AB is up to but with him and Gronk out, they seem to not finish strong offensively. At defense, I imagine they'll rally hard and hopefully get healthy and play solid leading up to the playoffs.

Typical Arians. "I prepared them well and had a good practice, but they just didn't play well."  He always like to duck much responsibility when things are not going well.

Maybe it is just what I notice, but it feels like a lot of the flack BB gets in his inability draft good WRs.  Seems like every time they draft a WR, he is a bust or underachieves. Think of how many rookie WRs emerge every season now, and they never seem to be on the Patriots.  That said, you are totally right about him getting the most of players, especially role players.  Take James White.  That guy is probably a nobody on any other team, yet Belichick used him in spots where he did best and flourished for years as a result.  And he is just one example.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: November 20, 2021, 03:07:34 PM »
Jakobi Meyers comes to mind. Seems like there's always a late round or undrafted like Jakobi who shines for the Pats.

I also think in the second half of BB's drafts he's had duds in the higher rounds. Like Harry.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1252 on: November 20, 2021, 03:12:12 PM »
Meyers had 26-359-0 his rookie season.  Not exactly a good example there, sir. ;)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1253 on: November 20, 2021, 03:19:55 PM »
Meyers had 26-359-0 his rookie season.  Not exactly a good example there, sir. ;)

Brady didn't like him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: November 20, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
Look how he's progressed. I'm not talking one year. It's like  Julian Edelman. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1255 on: November 20, 2021, 03:29:55 PM »
Right, but my earlier point was about how many WRs we see emerge as rookies nowadays and how they are never on the Patriots.  Myers does not fill the bill.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1256 on: November 20, 2021, 03:33:24 PM »
Didn't catch that. Just thinking undrafted or late rounders do well for the Pats compared to bigger draft picks.

This year excluded. They hit a home run with Jones & Barmore.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1257 on: November 20, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »
That rookie RB looks good as well.  If Mac Jones doesn't regress and stays an efficient, good QB, the Patriots will win another ring by 2024.  Book it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1258 on: November 20, 2021, 04:04:37 PM »
It's very deja vu this year to 2001. At least this new feeling again of the unknown. 

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1259 on: November 21, 2021, 07:14:50 AM »
While I think BB is the GOAT of NFL coaches, I think he has been given too much credit for drafting and not enough criticism during the lean years. As I understand it, he was in charge of the draft for a couple of years and eventually gave that up after a couple of years of draft stinkers.

NFL teams that are successful this year have a quality OC and New England has one of the best which is why I give JM more credit for the development of Mac Jones more than BB.