General > General Discussion

The NBA 2023-2024 thread - and Guns and Rose

(1/29) > >>

MinistroRaven:
Season o er, draft over, new thread!

And now with the move of Derrick Rose to Memphis we have the Guns and Roses team.

:omg:

:rollin

Azyiu:
My Lakers did well in free agency for a change.

Jamesman42:
Will Miami get Dame?!

KevShmev:

--- Quote from: Jamesman42 on July 02, 2023, 01:45:07 PM ---Will Miami get Dame?!

--- End quote ---

What'll be interesting is if Lillard goes to a contender and doesn't win.  I know he's a really good player, but I have never seen a basketball player who has done so little in the playoffs get slurped so much by the sports media, as if he's the second coming of Michael Jordan who had the unfortunate mishap of being drafted to a franchise that cannot build around him.

Azyiu:

--- Quote from: KevShmev on July 02, 2023, 04:46:19 PM ---
What'll be interesting is if Lillard goes to a contender and doesn't win.  I know he's a really good player, but I have never seen a basketball player who has done so little in the playoffs get slurped so much by the sports media, as if he's the second coming of Michael Jordan who had the unfortunate mishap of being drafted to a franchise that cannot build around him.

--- End quote ---

Yes and no. Yes, the Lillard-led Blazers had just one good playoff run in 2018-19 by reaching the WCF before getting swept by the Warriors, but I think people generally love him for his "loyalty" to the franchise. If anything at all, I just do not understand the timing of his demand at this time. If he knows he didn't want to stay, he should have told the team much sooner. Same thing, if he got upset by J-Grant's $160M contract, he should have told the team he didn't want to play with Grant or whatnot. With that being said, I wouldn't blame it all on him, rather I think the Blazers are just terribly ran as an organization.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version