Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 576762 times)

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread
« Reply #6685 on: May 22, 2022, 05:01:35 AM »
Speaking of JSS , apparently he turned up to a venue local to him last week to see a band and Yngwie happened to be playing later in the night.  Yngwie's people told the venue to have JSS removed from the premises or the show would be cancelled , so JSS ended up leaving.

It's not news to anyone here but what a dickhead!    You couldn't meet a nicer guy than Soto
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6686 on: May 22, 2022, 08:15:41 AM »
Speaking of JSS , apparently he turned up to a venue local to him last week to see a band and Yngwie happened to be playing later in the night.  Yngwie's people told the venue to have JSS removed from the premises or the show would be cancelled , so JSS ended up leaving.

It's not news to anyone here but what a dickhead!    You couldn't meet a nicer guy than Soto

Yeah, Yngwie denied it, saying Soto had snuck in without paying - apparently someone he knows was playing on the bill. I know who I’d be more inclined to believe, and he’s not a shit singer 😁

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6687 on: May 26, 2022, 06:26:28 PM »
Haha, I read that.  GTFO Jeff haha!

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6688 on: May 26, 2022, 07:04:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6689 on: May 26, 2022, 07:05:37 PM »
 ;D  I saved that link because it was so fucking good mate.  Been waiting all this time to use it again.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6690 on: May 28, 2022, 04:47:13 PM »
Played the new Def Leppard and expected to hate it. I actually enjoyed it. The guitars could do with a bit more beef to them but yeah, it didn’t suck. I will actually look forward to playing it again.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6691 on: May 29, 2022, 01:47:49 AM »
https://youtu.be/ty8Kn5rzaA0

One of the new songs live on Jimmy Kimmel.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6692 on: May 29, 2022, 02:40:59 AM »

https://youtu.be/ty8Kn5rzaA0

One of the new songs live on Jimmy Kimmel.

Not a fan but that exceeded expectations. Solid. Vocals were good (and I largely hate Joe Elliott) and each guitarist got a lead in! Respectable.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6693 on: June 02, 2022, 07:28:01 AM »
Recent performance just for you Kade

https://youtu.be/Q30N4a0_U_Q?t=270
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6694 on: June 02, 2022, 07:31:24 AM »
Booshka!! Lol! You know, for his age, his kicks are really impressive.  Although his playing is so fucking sloppy now.  Disappointing!

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6695 on: June 02, 2022, 07:41:50 AM »
Maybe if he added a few more fake Marshalls his playing might improve?

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6696 on: June 02, 2022, 08:24:22 AM »
You kind of give the game away when you have a monster stack of cabinets and it appears that a mere 1 is actually mic'd.  :lol
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6697 on: June 02, 2022, 10:40:32 AM »
Recent performance just for you Kade

https://youtu.be/Q30N4a0_U_Q?t=270

When the guitar is drowning out the drums you know who’s in charge. I really can’t stand the bloke but at least I can separate his early stuff from the cliche he has become.

He tweeted that he is thinking of doing another concerto, which I would be up for, as long as he actually puts some thought and effort into it rather than just rehashing the same three licks yet again.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6698 on: June 02, 2022, 03:48:44 PM »
Maybe if he added a few more fake Marshalls his playing might improve?

Hey Yngwie.....can I have one?

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6699 on: June 02, 2022, 06:35:52 PM »
Yngwie says "take your pick"

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6700 on: June 02, 2022, 06:39:28 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6701 on: June 02, 2022, 11:55:47 PM »
A bit like when drummers have two bassdrums for looks but only use one with a doublepedal.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #6702 on: June 03, 2022, 03:47:59 AM »
Yngwie says "take your pick"

I'm pretty sure this pic is either Abbath or when he was in Immortal.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6703 on: June 03, 2022, 04:16:04 AM »
I realise it's not Yngwie  ;) It looks like he's playing a Flying V of some kind , so yeah.   It's just a common pic used in discussions around guitarists with fake stacks.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6704 on: June 03, 2022, 04:19:39 AM »
It’s all Axe FX units these days, so there’s probably no amps at all hiding behind the wall of stacks nowadays

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6705 on: June 03, 2022, 04:26:52 AM »
It’s all Axe FX units these days, so there’s probably no amps at all hiding behind the wall of stacks nowadays

Exactly ...........amp/cab sim straight into PA.  Although Yngwie was faking it long before amp sims.............he was an innovator :lol

I have two main setups -  a little flyrig RK5 - basically what Richie Kotzen uses for his live shows (although he does run into an amp , even though it doesn't have to be).  Tiny little thing that can do everything most need.

And a Pod Go (basically a mini Helix) and that's all anyone really needs these days unless you're playing big venues. And certainly more than enough for me - no more gigs for me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:08:11 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6706 on: June 03, 2022, 07:12:36 AM »
I'm such a noob when it comes to amp sims and stuff.  I'm so behind the times.  Im gonna google those things Brent, I have no clue.

I'm still plugging in at home to a Peavey Bandit.   :metal

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6707 on: June 03, 2022, 07:41:02 AM »
I am not far behind you Kade...........only figured some of it out in the last 12-18 months but I am nowhere near most guys these days who are all using VST computer plugins and recording with virtual instruments .  I still use things I can press with my foot and still haven't found time to properly figure out the Pod after having it 6 months :lol

Most of the time I bypass the fancy stuff and just plug into a Katana 100W

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6708 on: June 03, 2022, 07:46:30 AM »
I am not far behind you Kade...........only figured some of it out in the last 12-18 months but I am nowhere near most guys these days who are all using VST computer plugins and recording with virtual instruments .  I still use things I can press with my foot and still haven't found time to properly figure out the Pod after having it 6 months :lol

Thank God it's not just me.  It just all seems so fiddly and difficult and I don't think I'd have the patience.  I just want to plug in, switch on and play!

I've never tried any of the Boss amp range actually.

If I'm not using the old Bandit I'm running through a Crate GT212.  People used to hate the sound back when I got it but I've always liked the tone of them.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #6709 on: June 03, 2022, 08:17:41 AM »
I realise it's not Yngwie  ;) It looks like he's playing a Flying V of some kind , so yeah.   It's just a common pic used in discussions around guitarists with fake stacks.

I realise that you knew it wasn't him, but the outfit and guitar shape make me think it's Abbath  :metal
As for the VST sounds, I used to spend hours messing around to get the right sound and never found it, so I went back to my peavey 212 classic chorus amp.
Which I bought in 1988 and still sounds amazing, plugged straight in with nofx.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6710 on: June 03, 2022, 11:22:08 AM »

Thank God it's not just me.  It just all seems so fiddly and difficult and I don't think I'd have the patience.  I just want to plug in, switch on and play!

If I'm not using the old Bandit I'm running through a Crate GT212.  People used to hate the sound back when I got it but I've always liked the tone of them.

I’m using a Headrush gigboard into the laptop these days. I have a Peavey modelling amp gathering dust and. Headrush FRFR speaker if I ever need to crank it up, which is never these days 😁

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6711 on: June 03, 2022, 03:15:15 PM »

I’m using a Headrush gigboard into the laptop these days. I have a Peavey modelling amp gathering dust and. Headrush FRFR speaker if I ever need to crank it up, which is never these days 😁

Hmmm....I'll google this too.  I'm guessing this makes recording a breeze and sound legit?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6712 on: June 03, 2022, 03:15:51 PM »

I realise that you knew it wasn't him, but the outfit and guitar shape make me think it's Abbath  :metal
As for the VST sounds, I used to spend hours messing around to get the right sound and never found it, so I went back to my peavey 212 classic chorus amp.
Which I bought in 1988 and still sounds amazing, plugged straight in with nofx.

Exactly!  The old Peaveys are amazing.  :metal

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6713 on: June 03, 2022, 05:53:16 PM »
Ooo, an opportunity to talk amps. Apologies in advance for the splurge:

I play through two amps:

1. Upstairs, my main amp - an Orange Rocker 15 Terror into a Jet City 1x15 cab with a bunch of pedals
2. Downstairs, a Roland Micro Cube GX with built-in effects

To record, I use the cab-sim direct out from the Jet City cab the Orange is plugged into, but that gets pushed through a cab simulator and re-eq'd in Cakewalk, too.

I've tried going direct and just using amp and cab simulators to record but, tbh, I've not looked at it very hard as wanted to try and get the sound of the Orange in there, as I love it.

In general, I'm not a fan of the digital amps. I've had a few, including the big Katana head but I really love the "real" feel of plugging into the Orange with an overdrive pushing it into crisp, chuggy goodness.

Having said that, the Cube is of course digital in the way that it has a few amp models in it but pretty great in a processed, slightly 80s way. I bought it to be a good "toy" amp, not a "proper" amp and it exceeded my expectations. Tiny and super portable when noodling downstairs as I power it with AA batteries and use an Xvive wireless thing so no cables anywhere. Really fun set-up.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6714 on: June 03, 2022, 06:05:15 PM »
Man, I should know what the hell you are all talking about.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6715 on: June 29, 2022, 12:13:57 AM »
Had a listen to the new Jorn, I didn't mind it.  Its like his middle era Lonely are the Brave type style and is pretty mud temp but I thought it was nice.  Some nice solos too.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #6716 on: June 29, 2022, 08:07:00 AM »
Actually listening to the new Jorn album again today!  It's a bit smooth with no real edge to due maybe to the Frontiers (read Del Vecch?) production or maybe even the material being too safe but once past that (and the IMO lazy coverart), it's quite the grower with a number of cool songs.  Not essential compared to some of his past output, but solid nonetheless.

Still one of the best voices around and while personally like this release, do wish he'd branch out a bit again and give us some more tunes the likes of Living With Wolves, Sunset Station and Stormcrow etc ;)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6717 on: June 29, 2022, 08:31:59 AM »

I don't know any of that either; I just got a great deal on a 2005 Les Paul, and through my Marshall DSL15C I feel like I'm playing Wembley.  And I just fitted an old Squire Strat with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pickups and I feel like I'm Dave Murray.  That's enough for me.  I wouldn't have the first clue on how to get that sound to a harddrive, but baby steps!  :) :) :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6718 on: June 29, 2022, 04:17:58 PM »

I don't know any of that either; I just got a great deal on a 2005 Les Paul, and through my Marshall DSL15C I feel like I'm playing Wembley.  And I just fitted an old Squire Strat with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails pickups and I feel like I'm Dave Murray.  That's enough for me.  I wouldn't have the first clue on how to get that sound to a harddrive, but baby steps!  :) :) :)

That sounds beautiful!  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6719 on: June 29, 2022, 04:18:46 PM »
Actually listening to the new Jorn album again today!  It's a bit smooth with no real edge to due maybe to the Frontiers (read Del Vecch?) production or maybe even the material being too safe but once past that (and the IMO lazy coverart), it's quite the grower with a number of cool songs.  Not essential compared to some of his past output, but solid nonetheless.

Still one of the best voices around and while personally like this release, do wish he'd branch out a bit again and give us some more tunes the likes of Living With Wolves, Sunset Station and Stormcrow etc ;)

Yeah, as I said this leans towards his middle era.  Would love him to go back and listen to Worldchanger or Out to Every Nation for some inspiration.