Author Topic: iPod question..  (Read 1476 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
iPod question..
« on: July 15, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
I have a question. I have a basic iPod Classic.

Is there a way to Shuffle songs for one artist. Like if I want to put my DT songs on Shuffle, is that possible and if so, how?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: iPod question..
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »

If you're talking about that guy then yes you could :)
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »
Tim, go to Artist

Pick a band

Play all songs

then go to setting

click on shuffle and pick songs

Done!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
Awesome. I knew I could count on some young whipper snapper to help out a tech challenged Fogey!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »
I think I better help you with your calculator as well.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:24 PM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
:rollin
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:36:05 PM »
I've had jPod for maybe seven years and I just discovered that this was an option the other day while messing around with it. I don't see myself really using it, but it's good to know...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »

I knew ...um.....um.......bobbies.

What's the question again?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »
You don't need to go to settings either. If you want to turn shuffle on or off while a song is playing, press the middle button a few times to cycle through different options, and the option to turn on and off shuffle is in there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 04:49:23 AM »
You don't need to go to settings either. If you want to turn shuffle on or off while a song is playing, press the middle button a few times to cycle through different options, and the option to turn on and off shuffle is in there.

Thank you. I'll check that out. King's way does indeed work.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »

Thank you. I'll check that out. King's way does indeed work.

I should have read the instructions 4 years ago. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 08:24:03 AM »
Instructions? I thought that was just packing papers!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 08:51:01 AM »
 :lol

It was so small I threw it out!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:01 AM »
I figured this would be a place to ask this question, but does anyone else have this problem?

My iPod classic (160 GB) randomly pauses songs now, usually when i have it locked. Say I turn on a song, put it in lock and put it in my pocket, it'll pause the song 10 seconds in or so and I have to manually resume the song. It keeps doing that and while it's minor, it's just annoying. Kinda takes the flow out of my music listening.