Author Topic: Audiophiles: Best cheapest phones for reference/mixing?  (Read 760 times)

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
Audiophiles: Best cheapest phones for reference/mixing?
« on: August 14, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »
Okay, first off:
I know I'm not supposed to mix or master with headphones. The thing is, I only have access to good monitors some of the time, and in that off time (I record and mix with my laptop in a lot of different places) I want to have a realistic headphone experience. Also, my budget is considerably limited (I'd like to spend less than a hundred dollars, and around 50 if I can swing it). I'm considering the AKG K240s and the Sony MDR V6s (both around a hundred bucks) because, from what I've read, they seem pretty solid and bias-free (at least for the price point). I don't want my phones to lie to me. I want to hear all the problems in my sound, accurately. You guys know what I mean right? Anyway, I just need to find a good set of reference phones (it's okay if they aren't exactly perfect) but for around 50 to 75 bucks. Can anybody help me out?  :metal

EDIT: I've also checked out the AKG K44s and K99s, and the Sennheiser HD280 Pros. Anyone have an opinion on these?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Audiophiles: Best cheapest phones for reference/mixing?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »
I love my SONY MDR X100 and they only cost £20  :)

Check em out :D