Author Topic: Internet Dating...  (Read 3928 times)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: Internet Dating...
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 12:37:37 AM »
I'm going to start a dating website for people who don't like the idea of using dating websites.

:tup :tup
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 04:03:50 AM »
I've banged several girls I met online over the last few months. No luck in the dating department, though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »
So, I've now been single for about a month after an almost 10 year relationship.  My buddy told me about tinder so I actually have scheduled my first date for Tuesday.  Really crazy how this internet dating works, but seems pretty cool.  Not really using it to find a relationship or even necessarily a one night stand (I wouldnt object to it, but not specifically trying to do that) but more to just get out and meet a girl and see what its like.  Its been so long since I went on a date that I have no idea what to expect.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
I started reading the book "Dataclysm", by the founder of okCupid. Very interesting read for sure, many stats about dating.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2014, 07:13:33 PM »
Might have to check that out.  My mother sent me an article stating how being single is much more normal now, at least in the US.  Like In the 70s, only 35% of adults were single, but now its over 50%. I am 30 (on Monday) and was in a 9 year relationship/engagement so knowing that is really helpful to make me feel like its OK to not be in a committed relationship, in fact it seems normal now.  Not that it has anything to do with internet dating.

Offline Tanatra

• Forum Spider
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 07:46:50 PM »
being single is much more normal now, at least in the US.  Like In the 70s, only 35% of adults were single, but now its over 50%.

Is that single in the relationship sense, or legal sense? Lots of couples nowadays have no intention of ever getting married because lawyers.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »
being single is much more normal now, at least in the US.  Like In the 70s, only 35% of adults were single, but now its over 50%.

Is that single in the relationship sense, or legal sense? Lots of couples nowadays have no intention of ever getting married because lawyers.

Not sure honestly, but I took it to mean single in the relationship sense.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 09:02:50 PM »
I'm not going to a bar / club to meet people. Even in my single days...

Then "back in the day'' we could have never hung out. I use to intentionally go out on average three or four nights a week for the sole purpose of getting laid. Sure there were occasions I'd go see a band, or catch a game with friends in a bar somewhere; but even then, I was on the hunt. I did this regularly for about three years (I was successful about 65% of the time = 304 conservatively, give or take).  :| :(

I used Match.com when it first came out. I dated several women from there. I found it to be a great experience overall. I dated one woman I met online for about a year. I also used an alternative swinging site with an old girlfriend, and she met five separate women who joined us in the bedroom from time to time. The great thing about the sites is that you can pretty much define looks, personality traits and interests online that appeal to you. I was very busy at the time when I used Match, and I was sick of the bar scene.

There are some great people who use those sites. The again, I met Mrs. Vox at a conference.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2014, 09:12:16 PM »
Wow, thats really interesting.  Honestly, Ive only had sex with 3 other women and now at pretty much 30 years old I am set loose and I feel like I have no experience and no idea how to get laid.  I turned to online and now I have a date next week.