Seriously Cool Pictures

Started by Orbert, January 31, 2014, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Barto

Quote from: jasc15 on October 06, 2015, 05:48:43 AM
QuoteYeah, first thing I thought of when reading that comment was Kandersteg, which looks like it might not be too far away from your picture.
Yeah, not far, it's Lauterbrunnen.  (I had to look up Kandersteg).
Next time you're in the area considering taking a day trip to Kandersteg. The hike up to the lake is very nice. I was pretty underwhelmed with Interlaken, but Lauterbrunnen looks pretty kick ass. Now that I think about it I almost certainly passed through there doing that whole Jungfraujoch thing.

Zydar

600 000 Russians waiting for Rammstein - the 7th biggest concert ever.

ReaperKK

Man can you imagine playing to a crowd like that?

Prog Snob

Did that many people know Rammstein was coming on next?  :neverusethis:

Phoenix87x

I am jealous of this man's super soaker collection. I only had one crappy one as a kid

Prog Snob

Nice to see you aiming high.   ;)

Sacul

Orbert

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Awesome picture but it makes me so uncomfortable.

Phoenix87x

Makes me a little uncomfortable as well.

I see bodies piled on top of each other descending into hell.

From the rorschach perspective, I guess that says something about my own psychology.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Yea I can see that too, for me it's just the thought of taking a misstep and sliding into the deep abyss of molten lava.  :eek

nobloodyname

That is incredible! Love the way it looks like body parts. Brilliant. Anyone know where it is?
"I'm not just liking Dream Theater to get in your pants."

Tomislav95

TioJorge

I think it's pretty hard not to see shapes of bodies at least in an initial glance of the image, which I definitely saw clearly right off the bat. Looks pretty awesome.

Also I feel like those bird time lapse picture are straight out of True Detective's Rust's hallucinations.  :heart

Orbert

The texture in the lava is weirdly organic-looking, and our brains are hardwired for pattern recognition, especially of faces, other persons, bodies, etc.  I don't know enough about psychology to even guess a number, but I'm sure a fair percentage of people see "flowing bodies" or something like that in the lava.

Orbert

Smiling proudly upon the massive pile of incinerated bodies of her victims, Victoria considers what she'll have for lunch today.

Phoenix87x

Here's a pic that at first glance seems so so, but gets cooler the more you think about it

My current and last school rotation is at Pennsylvania hospital and I tend to wander around and explore. And I found this, which is the very first operating room in the united states from some point in the late 1700's. No antibiotics, not anesthesia, no sterilized instruments, just a wooden table and a whole lot of hope.

jessicajr

Quote from: MrBoom_shack-a-lack on February 20, 2015, 03:21:31 PM
It's not a picture but I didn't know where to post it.

Just brilliantly done.
It is awesome.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

This picture is so metal my spotify instantly shuffled to some power metal...

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Hot damn, how do I re-seize an image?

Orbert

Usually when I post a picture that's too big, the forum software automatically adds height and width tags to the link. So I don't know.

Prog Snob

Quote from: MrBoom_shack-a-lack on June 19, 2017, 02:54:08 PM

"[img height=*** width=***][/img]"

Remove the asterisks (and quotes) and fill in the sizes.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Quote from: Prog Snob on June 21, 2017, 04:20:53 AM
Quote from: MrBoom_shack-a-lack on June 19, 2017, 02:54:08 PM

"[img height=*** width=***][/img]"

Remove the asterisks (and quotes) and fill in the sizes.
:tup

lonestar

This one came up on my FB feed, guess it was taken a few days ago just outside the Golden Gate by San Francisco bay. No other description is really necessary....

ReaperKK

cramx3

That's really cool and I actually just a couple weeks ago caught my first ever glimpse of whales out in the wild off the shores near San Fran.  So awesome. 

Prog Snob

We did some whale watching in Boston. I ate about ten sandwiches on the boat because I am deathly afraid of boats and water. The whales were nice though. I wish I still had the photos from the occasion.

lonestar

Quote from: cramx3 on June 29, 2017, 02:08:38 PM
That's really cool and I actually just a couple weeks ago caught my first ever glimpse of whales out in the wild off the shores near San Fran.  So awesome.

I've lived here most of my 47 years of life, and have yet to see one. :(

cramx3

Quote from: lonestar on June 30, 2017, 05:47:07 AM
Quote from: cramx3 on June 29, 2017, 02:08:38 PM

I've lived here most of my 47 years of life, and have yet to see one. :(

On our last day and before we went to catch our flight, we stopped at the Pacifica Municipal Pier.  We chilled for a moment and then as we were almost off the pier, we saw two ladies with their two little girls running back down the pier shouting whales.  So we ran back behind them and yup, there were whales and dolphins with some birds circling above.  Must have been food in the area.  Got  a short video clip that you can see here (my instagram is public):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVlHyR1FHqr/

lonestar

That "awwww yeah" at the end of the video is just a bit creepy bro  :lol

cramx3

Quote from: lonestar on June 30, 2017, 06:57:39 AM
That "awwww yeah" at the end of the video is just a bit creepy bro  :lol

lol if that's creepy, I can't imagine what the rest of me comes off as  :lol

lonestar

Orbert

These are eclairs, with icing inspired by images from the Hubble Space Telescope.

Story and more pictures of yummy stuff

El Barto

We have a chocolatier down here with a similar flair for style. I always appreciate that sort of artistry. I got a gift pack from her shop as a Christmas gift, and as wonderful as they look, it's their construction that really shines. Every flavor and texture were perfectly balanced. There might be 5 different things going on in one of them and each one is perfectly in its place.

cramx3

These all look so awesome that I don't think I'd want to eat them