Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 198458 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #1540 on: August 31, 2021, 03:52:40 PM »
And here it is, Covid at my son's school. Took less than 2 weeks for the whole district to have it in all the schools. Now we are waiting to see if he is affected. He's got the Pfizer in him, but still, this sucks.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1541 on: August 31, 2021, 04:23:52 PM »
I'm bummed for the stress you're going through dude. Hang in there!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1542 on: August 31, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »
While most bands are just cancelling the tour for testing positive. Jonathan Davis tests positive and then continues to perform while suffering from lingering effects.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/korn-singer-jonathan-davis-still-struggling-with-lingering-covid-symptoms-sits-on-throne-during-show/ar-AANW6If
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1543 on: September 01, 2021, 02:04:47 AM »
That seems decidedly unhealthy.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1544 on: September 01, 2021, 03:39:26 AM »
While most bands are just cancelling the tour for testing positive. Jonathan Davis tests positive and then continues to perform while suffering from lingering effects.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/korn-singer-jonathan-davis-still-struggling-with-lingering-covid-symptoms-sits-on-throne-during-show/ar-AANW6If

He continues to perform while having lingering symptoms, but the way you typed it made it seem like he just tested positive and kept going. They did cancel/postpone shows a couple of weeks back because at that point he was positive.

Anyways, I wish him the best, but long term complications due to covid can be a real bitch, so it seems wiser to try and heal for a bit. Some people are not the same afterwards.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1545 on: September 01, 2021, 04:54:49 AM »
@ Bill's post ...

Look, in some regards you're absolutely right.  The outcome that most people want is to minimize or eliminate the risks of catching this.  How is that accomplished... vaccinations are ONE (the?) major tool in achieving that.  Getting those that are militantly opposed to take that step isn't working with the tactics that have been used for the past 18 months.  As Dr. Phil would say "how's that working for you?"  So you're right, deriding and marginalizing ain't working.

But at this point, as many others have said, I have very little sympathy for "them".  It's been 18+ months, and most that are anti-vax have been anti-everything related to COVID - ranging from 'hoax', to global conspiracy, to governmental fascism, to 'no big deal', to anti-mask / anti-lockdown / anti-distancing, to yada yada yada.  Some (many?) of claims that are often made are often ludicrous, and usually preposterous.  I will struggle to have any real sympathy for "them", and yes, I can and will be pissed because it is their actions that is the major contributor that is prolonging the damage to society, and impacting far too many people who ARE taking the steps that are necessary (not by my standards, by public health experts' standards) and reasonable (by virtue of the majority taking these steps - not *my* definition - lest you think this is about what *I* want again).

Slightly changing lanes, I thought of it this way last night ... we've all heard/read stories and interviews over the last 18 months (usually recounted by Doctors and loved ones) expressing extreme regret and/or sorrow around patients / loved ones not taking the vaccine, or that they went to a crowded gathering, or that they never masked up.  I've yet to read a story of someone regretting that they did take the vax, or they did wear a mask, or that they have avoided crowded gatherings.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JLa

« Reply #1546 on: September 01, 2021, 07:21:42 AM »
After trying everything to contain this virus for the last 18 months or so, the Norwegian government have decided covid is not dangerous to children at all and lifted most restrictions. As a result the virus is spreading like a wildfire across schools all over the country and we're seeing daily record number infections.

We're about 60 % fully vaccinated for 18+. We've just started vaccinating 16-17 year olds. Whether we'll vaccinate 12-15 is yet to be decided. With this rate it's no use, they'll all have caught the virus in a month anyway.

I just don't understand what the *censored* is going on.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1547 on: September 01, 2021, 07:44:18 AM »
I just love how governments can dictate science...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JLa

« Reply #1548 on: September 01, 2021, 07:49:45 AM »
To be fair, the government takes advice from the public health authorities and act accordingly. It's still a head scratcher, though.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1549 on: September 01, 2021, 07:49:53 AM »
This thirty year old who was in pretty good health has died.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2021/08/texas-anti-mask-freedom-defender-dies-of-covid-at-age-30.html

A Texas man who led a group of “Freedom Defenders” against mask restrictions died of COVID-19 on Saturday at age 30.

Caleb Wallace left behind three children and a pregnant wife.

His wife, Jessica, announced her husband’s death on a GoFundMe page that had detailed his fight with COVID-19 the past few weeks.

“Caleb has peacefully passed on. He will forever live in our hearts and minds,” she wrote.

Wallace had been unconscious since Aug. 8, The San Angelo Standard-Times reported.

Wallace helped organize “The Freedom Rally” on July 4, 2020 — a gathering described in a flier as a peaceful protest by people “sick of the government being in control of our lives,” the Standard-Times reported.

He also founded “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders,” a group “to educate and empower citizens to make informed choices concerning local, statewide, and national policy and to encourage them to actively participate in their duty to secure God-given and constitutionally protected rights,” the group’s Facebook page stated.

Jessica Wallace said her husband got sick in late July, but “was so hard-headed.”

“He didn’t want to see a doctor, because he didn’t want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests,” she said.

He then tried unproven ivermectin — a livestock dewormer that has been denounced by the FDA — high doses of vitamin C, zinc aspirin and an inhaler, the Standard-Times reported.

Jessica Wallace told the newspaper she didn’t always share her husband’s views and that she wears a mask.

Pride is a hell of a drug. This dude left behind a wife and three daughters (and an unborn) because going to a doctor would be conceding he was wrong. He'd become one of the statistics that all of those evil scientists, doctors, and disease experts have been warning us about. It would mean everyone who convinced him to think as he did was wrong and that he was taken. The thought of admitting he was bamboozled and maybe not dying was worse to him than being unconscious for three weeks and ultimately leaving his family behind.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1550 on: September 01, 2021, 07:54:54 AM »
Their all a bunch of Fonzie's and can't admit when they are wrong.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1551 on: September 01, 2021, 07:57:21 AM »
You know, I'm starting to think that there is a global cabal of governors/governments that are hell bent on depopulation.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1552 on: September 01, 2021, 08:10:30 AM »
See that Marvel movies were a bad influence!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1553 on: September 01, 2021, 08:10:33 AM »
Jingle pretty much said what I would say.

And.
to the point about government "dictating science".....I believe there some truth to that statement...and the same about science and global warming. ALL levels of government (lets say fed\prov\municipal and fed\state\local) are all going by what they are being told by doctors and scientists. My personal opinion is that these doctors and scientists are also in a high state of flux on Covid. Info changes rapidly.

where I part ways with people who are dead set against being told what to do...and lets face it, that's really all it is.....this virus is not fake...it does not care what political leaning you subscribe to....it doesn't care that your brother went to Korea, or your father went to Nam and fought for your right to say no to a vaccine. It's gonna infect you regardless. If you're double vaccinated your chances of living through an infection are greatly improved--that's how vaccine's have worked since they were created. What is further frustrating to witness is how effective one president was at motivating his followers to get vaccinated, but as soon as he's gone it's a hoax of a virus and the vaccines are ineffective is suddenly a narrative. The virus -ALL viruses- don't care what you think. Is your contrarian attitude really a hill you're prepared to die on? Along with potentially your family?

I took the first vaccine offered. Astra Zeneca. Which my 18 year old loves to call "astra cloteca" and then listened to my government and scientists who said mixing the vaccines was a good idea and got a moderna second. But now....I can't travel. Because many countries don't recognize the first vaccine as being good AND\OR don't recognize mixing the vaccines as being sufficient.

Do what you want.
Accept the consequences.

Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1554 on: September 01, 2021, 08:11:05 AM »

No, they were just bad movies.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1555 on: September 01, 2021, 08:11:35 AM »

That's the concussion talking Tim.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1556 on: September 01, 2021, 08:22:52 AM »

Don't get me started  :lol (I agree from what I've watched)

To be fair, the government takes advice from the public health authorities and act accordingly. It's still a head scratcher, though.

I brought this idea up of purposely exposing children to covid a couple weeks ago as an idea.  I got this idea because my pediatrician dr friend has been saying he thinks this is a good idea because 99.9999% of the kids will be fine and that's worth it to get them back in classrooms to learn and grow.  I still don't know if I agree with that, but without having kids, this is not my battle.  I think it's interesting to see a government go this way though. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1557 on: September 01, 2021, 08:23:24 AM »
This thirty year old who was in pretty good health has died.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2021/08/texas-anti-mask-freedom-defender-dies-of-covid-at-age-30.html

A Texas man who led a group of “Freedom Defenders” against mask restrictions died of COVID-19 on Saturday at age 30.

Caleb Wallace left behind three children and a pregnant wife.

His wife, Jessica, announced her husband’s death on a GoFundMe page that had detailed his fight with COVID-19 the past few weeks.

“Caleb has peacefully passed on. He will forever live in our hearts and minds,” she wrote.

Wallace had been unconscious since Aug. 8, The San Angelo Standard-Times reported.

Wallace helped organize “The Freedom Rally” on July 4, 2020 — a gathering described in a flier as a peaceful protest by people “sick of the government being in control of our lives,” the Standard-Times reported.

He also founded “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders,” a group “to educate and empower citizens to make informed choices concerning local, statewide, and national policy and to encourage them to actively participate in their duty to secure God-given and constitutionally protected rights,” the group’s Facebook page stated.

Jessica Wallace said her husband got sick in late July, but “was so hard-headed.”

“He didn’t want to see a doctor, because he didn’t want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests,” she said.

He then tried unproven ivermectin — a livestock dewormer that has been denounced by the FDA — high doses of vitamin C, zinc aspirin and an inhaler, the Standard-Times reported.

Jessica Wallace told the newspaper she didn’t always share her husband’s views and that she wears a mask.

Pride is a hell of a drug. This dude left behind a wife and three daughters (and an unborn) because going to a doctor would be conceding he was wrong. He'd become one of the statistics that all of those evil scientists, doctors, and disease experts have been warning us about. It would mean everyone who convinced him to think as he did was wrong and that he was taken. The thought of admitting he was bamboozled and maybe not dying was worse to him than being unconscious for three weeks and ultimately leaving his family behind.
Yeah well. Give his hospital bed to somebody who deserves it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1558 on: September 01, 2021, 08:32:29 AM »
and...you cant even say that to these people. You can't shame them. Mock them. It hasn't worked. You have actual nurses in southern states, IN HOSPITALS, telling people on respirators not to get vaccinated. You have people, with their dying breath "from my cold dead hands--this thing isn't real"...…..alone..without family around them.

Well...what just killed you? Chinese Five G Flu? Equine worms? Some Biden Pelossi conspiracy?

again.
Make your choice.
Accept the consequences.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1559 on: September 01, 2021, 08:32:43 AM »
I'm not sure how to make my point any clearer, but something is clearly getting lost in translation about "wants".  I don't know how else to state it, so I won't try any further. 

Regarless, if you're going to draw even the slightest comparison of the outcomes of COVID to the outcomes of 'pounding diet soda or smoking', then you've permanently lost me.  As EB and many others have pointed out, those are PERSONAL decisions, with individual and personal ramifications, and does not have the potential of directly impacting my health.

And where the fuck does AOC (it's just easier to type it that way) come into this?  Serious statement this time, don't make this political.  Take those arguments to the Politics of Coronavirus thread.

We see things very differently.  You seem to believe that it's reasonable for people to act in a manner that shows a complete disregard of any concern for PUBLIC health.  I don't think it's unreasonable for people take steps to safeguard public health.  We'll agree to disagree.

I yield, counsellor.

Whether you or I CAN (possibly) get this virus isn't the primary driver for me. I can get hit by a bus or drop from a major coronary tomorrow and I'm not going to see it coming.  I am doing everything I can to protect myself; I can't change you or you or you, I can't make you do everything I want you to, so I accept there are no guarantees in this life other than Cam is going to dance and we're all going to die at some point.   I rate "potential dying" pretty high on the list of priorities, but I also rate "personal autonomy" pretty high as well.  It's a balance.

I'll put this as bluntly as I can:
You see the data, you see these people willfully and knowing flouting that data and drawing an erroneous conclusion, with significant consequences for you.  You deride and marginalize them.  Fair enough description?

I see the data regarding our divisiveness (I have put several links up here repeatedly, showing the current research on how it starts, why it starts, how we stop it), I see people willfully and knowingly flouting that data  - here, using "COVIDIOTS" and "morons" and whatever - and drawing an erroneous conclusion - that it has no impact on why these people are being stubborn mules - with significant consequences for all of us - not only are they not vaccinated, but they are militantly so, AND they are a piece of the divisiveness that is crippling this country (look at Dave's post about Afghanistan a week or so ago).   

I'm not asking you to agree with me (though I hope you do). I'm asking you see how this looks and acknowledge at least that if you get to ignore the science, so do they.  OR, at bare minimum, acknowledge the hypocrisy in the position and acknowledge that for better or worse this is just a playground fist fight and we're just picking different ways of circling the drain.

(I brought up Ocasio-Cortez because I thought it would be a clear enough example without bringing specific people in this forum into play.  Whether you rate "COVID" higher than her economic or other impacts or not, that's up to you.  I consider our divisiveness to be as great or even a greater threat than COVID, and so I DO see it as harmful to all of us (I also consider a lot of her general politics, and her approach to those politics, to be part of the reason we got Trump, and I think we all agree he was dangerous).)

You're so spot on with much of this, and I really wish deep down I could go through life with this exact mindset. But then I see people like this and struggle to find words other than "idiot" and "moron": 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1560 on: September 01, 2021, 08:35:56 AM »
It amazes me the hoops people will go through to avoid the shot whether it be faking the CDC card or eating horse dewormer.  It's insanity/stupidity.  I guess this is darwinism at work, but really, it boggles my mind.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1561 on: September 01, 2021, 08:39:50 AM »
The Canadian border is stopping THOUSANDS of those blank fake cards daily coming in from all places in the mail labelled as other things to get through customs.

And yes a coronary or buss could kill you tomorrow. Public Health and Public Good comes from......to take the buss analogy a step further....you redirecting six other busses at other people after getting hit yourself. Had you just bought a buss pass and stood on the sidewalk, everyone would have had a much better chance at living.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1562 on: September 01, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »
Anyone else catch that, under medical professional, it lists "NRA cpl Wolf" and "NRA Ssgt Money?"  smh
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1563 on: September 01, 2021, 08:45:15 AM »
Kid went back to in person school for the first time since March 2020 today (middle school) and we’re just waiting for what may occur. Our area is spiking pretty good right now so we’re thankful he’s fully vaccinated.

Our school district board was flipped from a fairly balanced ideology on Covid to a more ‘Covid isn’t a big deal’ after an election last spring. It’s gotten so bad one board member was tired of being ignored on safety protocols that she put her name on the list for the public to speak at one meeting just so she could voice her concerns.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1564 on: September 01, 2021, 08:48:00 AM »
Anyone else catch that, under medical professional, it lists "NRA cpl Wolf" and "NRA Ssgt Money?"  smh
Who both have identical handwriting. At least write the other one left handed, or get a buddy to write it or something. And use a different pen for entries that should be a month apart. At the same time, if she weren't a fucking moron she wouldn't be trying to do this in the first place.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1565 on: September 01, 2021, 08:51:29 AM »
Who both have identical handwriting. At least write the other one left handed, or get a buddy to write it or something. And use a different pen for entries that should be a month apart. At the same time, if she weren't a fucking moron she wouldn't be trying to do this in the first place.

Further proof that casual criminals are usually the dumbest criminals.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1566 on: September 01, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »

She left "Patient Number" completely blank  :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1567 on: September 01, 2021, 09:25:30 AM »
This illustrates something that's bothered me for a while on these vaccination cards. Everything on my card is handwritten by me as I was instructed to do. My patient number is blank because I wasn't given one. I could have easily misspelled Moderna or Pfizer as I've never written those words in my life. There is no way I could conceivably prove my vaccination card is 100% legit any more than anyone else could prove that it is not.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1568 on: September 01, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »
This illustrates something that's bothered me for a while on these vaccination cards. Everything on my card is handwritten by me as I was instructed to do. My patient number is blank because I wasn't given one. I could have easily misspelled Moderna or Pfizer as I've never written those words in my life. There is no way I could conceivably prove my vaccination card is 100% legit any more than anyone else could prove that it is not.

That's crazy. Mine was handed to me with the patient number already filled out, and the Product Name/Manufacturer section for both doses were filled out by a printed sticker on the spot. That info, the date administered, and the batch number were not written by hand either.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1569 on: September 01, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »
I went to a mass vaccination site set up by the county and assume that was the best way to get thousands of people through expeditiously.

I just looked at it again. The first dosage information was written by a staffer.

I think there is more to the story of that gal going to hawaii. I went there a couple months ago and no all the hoops you have to jump through to do so. I'm not sure what I would have done if I was flagged for my card looking suspicious.

And realistically what is it about yours that makes it 100% undeniably official? You could have printed out those labels yourself.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1570 on: September 01, 2021, 09:39:29 AM »

I am honestly surprised we are still relying on the vaccine card as proof of vaccination given how different they are filled out based on location, making them unreliable and difficult to prove their authenticity.

Mine also does not have a patient number, but on the Doses slot, it has a sticker with the information required (not hand written) similar to Chino's.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1571 on: September 01, 2021, 09:40:01 AM »
Interesting. So did I. The "Oakdale" was repurposed to be a mass vaccination site. They did it in the lobby of the venue (sometimes used for small, standing only shows)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1572 on: September 01, 2021, 09:48:42 AM »
Mine also does not have a patient number, but on the Doses slot, it has a sticker with the information required (not hand written) similar to Chino's.

Same, and my name/birthday is hand written (extremely poorly) by myself.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1573 on: September 01, 2021, 09:53:12 AM »
I went to a mass vaccination site set up by the county and assume that was the best way to get thousands of people through expeditiously.

I just looked at it again. The first dosage information was written by a staffer.

I think there is more to the story of that gal going to hawaii. I went there a couple months ago and no all the hoops you have to jump through to do so. I'm not sure what I would have done if I was flagged for my card looking suspicious.

And realistically what is it about yours that makes it 100% undeniably official? You could have printed out those labels yourself.
You'd be able to reasonably explain when and where you were vaccinated. I guarantee that as soon as this dipshit was confronted she started screaming about freedom from tyranny and genetic experimentation.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1574 on: September 01, 2021, 09:54:19 AM »

Same, and my name/birthday is hand written (extremely poorly) by myself.

I'm shocked they allowed that. When I went, I had to hand the nurse my driver's license and she used that to fill out my info. She handed me the vaccination card, and before giving me my license back said "please confirm that the info on your card is correct". I figured that was a security measure to prevent me from getting a vaccine and just putting down the name of someone I know who may not have wanted to get one.