Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 168488 times)

Offline ErHaO

Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #840 on: May 19, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
Because I keep getting Subnautica for free and with subscriptions, I finally decided to take the plunge.

Yeah... this is a straight up horror game, don't tell me otherwise. I'd rather run circles in zombie infested corridors with Mr X on my ass in Resident Evil 2 than swimming even remotely close to a sea beast in Subnautica. Even with those colorful, nice looking graphics.

Amazing game btw.
Subnautica is one of my favorite gaming experiences of the last 10 years.
I wholeheartedly agree, it's one of those game I go back too every now and then. Amazing game and the atmosphere is stunning and in VR it's... :omg:
Nothing quite like it to be honest which also is a bit surprising given it's popularity.

I recommend you get Below Zero.

Yeah, there is nothing that I played that is quite like it.

Closest for me are probably Outer Wilds (not Worlds) and Death Stranding for different reasons, both of which are games that are also quite unique with nothing really like them.

(and hell no to VR with Subnautica  :lol I think I have a mild phobia or something with large oceanic voids filled with nasty bigass creatures).

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #841 on: May 21, 2021, 11:35:47 AM »
I ended up just ordering a new one with a 128GB micro sd card. Because I'm impatient and wanted it on Wednesday, I had to choose between yellow and coral. I went with Yellow. I would have loved that new blue one that's coming out on 5/21, but who knows when I might actually be able to score one. I'm sure it's going to move like hot cakes. I have no clue why I bought one. I played games on my PS4 for maybe 90 minutes in the last year. I think I wanted something mainly for when I'm sitting outside in my gazebo and tending to my cookers.

Just placed an order on Best Buy :lol Guess I'm going to have two Swtich Lites now.   

Question for you Switch guys. I have BOTW going right now. Are the game saves on the Micro SD card? If I put the game cartridge and the SD card in the new Switch, will I be able to just pick up where I left off?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:45:38 AM by Chino »

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #842 on: May 21, 2021, 11:57:30 AM »
I ended up just ordering a new one with a 128GB micro sd card. Because I'm impatient and wanted it on Wednesday, I had to choose between yellow and coral. I went with Yellow. I would have loved that new blue one that's coming out on 5/21, but who knows when I might actually be able to score one. I'm sure it's going to move like hot cakes. I have no clue why I bought one. I played games on my PS4 for maybe 90 minutes in the last year. I think I wanted something mainly for when I'm sitting outside in my gazebo and tending to my cookers.

Just placed an order on Best Buy :lol Guess I'm going to have two Swtich Lites now.   

Question for you Switch guys. I have BOTW going right now. Are the game saves on the Micro SD card? If I put the game cartridge and the SD card in the new Switch, will I be able to just pick up where I left off?

You should.

Also, games you download from the Nintendo Shop are stored in their cloud system, and as long as you log into your Nintendo account, then you should be able to download those games on your new switch.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #843 on: May 21, 2021, 12:09:40 PM »
Sick!

Can I have my Nintendo account/games on 2 different switches? I wouldn't be able to buy a game like Smash and install it on two different units and play with a friend, could I?

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #844 on: May 21, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
you can re download games from the cloud but I’m not sure about saves, don’t you have to be subscribed to Switch Online for that?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #845 on: May 21, 2021, 12:26:23 PM »
you can re download games from the cloud but I’m not sure about saves, don’t you have to be subscribed to Switch Online for that?

I have no idea. I'm signed up for Switch Online, but I don't really know anything about it other than it gets me access to a bunch of NES and SNES games.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #846 on: May 21, 2021, 12:35:26 PM »
Cloud saves are a nintendo online feature.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #847 on: May 21, 2021, 03:16:11 PM »
Yup. You pay for Nintendo Online, and it gives you cloud access to store your games you bought from the Nintendo Shop and access to the SNES and NES virtual consoles.

The switch only has so much data, I recommend getting a good sized SDcard.

Sick!

Can I have my Nintendo account/games on 2 different switches? I wouldn't be able to buy a game like Smash and install it on two different units and play with a friend, could I?

I'm not too sure. I do know that Animal Crossing doesn't allow it. You have to have another Nintendo Account, Another game cartridge, all to be able to create a brand new island. Or else, it'll upload the island that is saved from the account or cartridge. I think this is how it works, I haven't read into it in a while.

You sign into your Nintendo Account as this is where your information like achievements and downloaded games are stored. I think, if you make a new account, then there will be no games because it's a new account and storage cloud. So, unless you have a cartridge, the games shown will be the ones on that account you sign in with.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #848 on: May 22, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
So any of the No Man's Sky players here, what are and how are expeditions? Considering jumping into one to get the Normandy (Mass Effect Ship).

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #849 on: May 22, 2021, 03:05:49 PM »
So any of the No Man's Sky players here, what are and how are expeditions? Considering jumping into one to get the Normandy (Mass Effect Ship).

I looked into the update when it came out but it wasn't enough for me to get back into it. From what I remembered, it seemed to be a multiplayer-focused thing but I could be wrong.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #850 on: May 23, 2021, 05:44:22 PM »
Well my Subnautica game is ruined. Save game broken, my entire adventure gone. No way I am going to play that again. The game is an absolute mess on Xbox (Series X enhanced), avoid that version at all costs. My savefile ruined is the most gamebreaking of all but I encountered many, many issues. For sure not buying the sequel either, at least on Xbox. It was on track being one of my favourite games in recent years, but not even Bethesda's worst messes pulled this on me.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #851 on: May 23, 2021, 08:18:49 PM »
Well my Subnautica game is ruined. Save game broken, my entire adventure gone. No way I am going to play that again. The game is an absolute mess on Xbox (Series X enhanced), avoid that version at all costs. My savefile ruined is the most gamebreaking of all but I encountered many, many issues. For sure not buying the sequel either, at least on Xbox. It was on track being one of my favourite games in recent years, but not even Bethesda's worst messes pulled this on me.
Never had a single issue on PC. Seems strange.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #852 on: May 23, 2021, 11:37:40 PM »
That's a weird issue, played since the early days and seen countless of bugs and issues but never encountered something like that. Probably some issue releated to Xbox or something. I think on PC you could use console commands to backtrack probably not on Xbox though.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #853 on: May 25, 2021, 06:03:02 AM »
Well, I was a bit mad when I typed that, so didn't go into details.

But what happened is likely a very rare combination of bugs, and google teaches me the first two are not unique to the xbox version. Bug one is a save glitch where the seamoth acts weird upon starting. The second one is being at an unfortunate spot where you can fall through the map and die. The third one is dying outside the map apparently leading to the game not being able to load my character at my pod as usual. Upon loading all of that occured within like 1/3 of a second, every time. I could not even see what happened. But I knew I was in a seamoth at a bottom when I saved, so googled what could be wrong.

Aaaand, thankfully the crisis is averted. Since I gained the knowledge, I got the idea to just spam the exit vehicle button like a madman as soon as my save was close to loading in. And after some attempts I was in time and got out of that deathloop.

All of the other issues I am experiencing are obvious, but not really detrimental (creatures stuck in walls, fish swimming in my base, sometimes parts of items being visible while I have something else equipped etc.).

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #854 on: May 27, 2021, 10:21:09 AM »
Really enjoyed Resident Evil Village.  Cool story.  A bunch of collectibles, challenges and extra content.  On my 2nd play through now.  Bigtime RE fan here folks.  :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #855 on: May 27, 2021, 04:14:05 PM »
Finally a Dying Light 2 release date: 7 December.

https://youtu.be/Dk2COsHuCFk

Dying Light was such a fun game and probably one of my favourite zombie games.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #856 on: May 27, 2021, 04:18:07 PM »

I loved that game. I played it on hard difficulty and really enjoyed it. Then they updated it and made it more difficult. Weapons degraded really fast and I was never able to get back into it :(

I am still looking forward to the sequel though.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #857 on: May 28, 2021, 11:42:02 AM »

I loved that game. I played it on hard difficulty and really enjoyed it. Then they updated it and made it more difficult. Weapons degraded really fast and I was never able to get back into it :(

I am still looking forward to the sequel though.
Haven't played it for sometime now so I don't actually remember the difficult change.

Have to say the new Far Cry looks really fun.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #858 on: May 28, 2021, 02:02:36 PM »

But what happened is likely a very rare combination of bugs, and google teaches me the first two are not unique to the xbox version. Bug one is a save glitch where the seamoth acts weird upon starting. The second one is being at an unfortunate spot where you can fall through the map and die. The third one is dying outside the map apparently leading to the game not being able to load my character at my pod as usual. Upon loading all of that occured within like 1/3 of a second, every time. I could not even see what happened. But I knew I was in a seamoth at a bottom when I saved, so googled what could be wrong.

Aaaand, thankfully the crisis is averted. Since I gained the knowledge, I got the idea to just spam the exit vehicle button like a madman as soon as my save was close to loading in. And after some attempts I was in time and got out of that deathloop.

All of the other issues I am experiencing are obvious, but not really detrimental (creatures stuck in walls, fish swimming in my base, sometimes parts of items being visible while I have something else equipped etc.).

This is weird though. I have had absolutely zero bugs/issues with the game on Steam.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »

This is weird though. I have had absolutely zero bugs/issues with the game on Steam.

I found the first two bugs on steamforums and unknownworld (dev forum), but as always it is a matter of luck/bad luck and playstyle. And hardware. And as I said, I think the xbox version just is a bit shoddy. Probably also because it just received a Series X update and I wouldn't be surprised is some patches are due.

Which I sometimes don't really understand, because these days consoles are quite like PC's in terms of architecture, unlike the PS3 days or before. The Xbox Series X really is just a fairly capable custom AMD pc, even with some form of Windows running on it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #860 on: June 01, 2021, 12:17:09 PM »
Mirror's Edge: 13 Years Later

Such a well put together retrospect of Mirror's Edge. There's just something about that game that still gives me warmth inside thinking back. The artstyle, minimalistic environment, simple colors, the soundtrack and the theme song. The closest to pure game magic for me.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #861 on: June 01, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »

Such a well put together retrospect of Mirror's Edge. There's just something about that game that still gives me warmth inside thinking back. The artstyle, minimalistic environment, simple colors, the soundtrack and the theme song. The closest to pure game magic for me.

Good game. For whatever reason, I never finished the second one even though it seemed a little better than the first one. Maybe it really wasn't better.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #862 on: June 02, 2021, 01:31:41 PM »

Good game. For whatever reason, I never finished the second one even though it seemed a little better than the first one. Maybe it really wasn't better.
I enjoyed the sequel alot and in alot of ways it's a more fleshed out game than the first but for me pure magic happens for the most time the first time you experience something so I guess even though they recaptured alot of the thing in the sequel that was good about the first game it's still not really the same.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #863 on: June 02, 2021, 09:56:19 PM »

Just watched it. Never played Mirror's Edge but the retro was cool. I do own the game so I should give it a go.

This is a little of topic but you anyone here enjoys really long form, well written game retros this channel is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5CYeHPLer3lbEhgonvbbAA

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #864 on: June 03, 2021, 02:00:22 AM »
Sony announced that God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 7 are also PS4 games, with the former being delayed.

I expect this in part to be due to the fact that just nobody can get a ps5 and that shortage will affect game sales. Sony said we should expect the PS5 shortage to hold well into 2022 due to the chip shortage.

And I loved Mirror's Edge back when it came out. The first person parcours gameplay was great.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #865 on: June 03, 2021, 06:28:12 AM »
I expect this in part to be due to the fact that just nobody can get a ps5 and that shortage will affect game sales. Sony said we should expect the PS5 shortage to hold well into 2022 due to the chip shortage.

That makes a lot of sense but knowing how GT is developed and released we'll be close to PS6 by the time that comes out :lol

This actually really changes things for me, I have a ps4 and the only reason I was going to even consider buying a PS5 is for GoW and GT7.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #866 on: June 03, 2021, 02:18:11 PM »
I knew pre-ordering my PS5 was the right choice. :tup  Although it looks like we'll be waiting at least another year for GoW and GT7.  I had my heart set on those two releases this year.  Oh well, I've waited before and I'll wait again...
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #867 on: June 03, 2021, 04:18:34 PM »
I knew pre-ordering my PS5 was the right choice. :tup  Although it looks like we'll be waiting at least another year for GoW and GT7.  I had my heart set on those two releases this year.  Oh well, I've waited before and I'll wait again...

I wouldn't complain with Ratchet and Horizon coming. I expect both to be great, sizable games. And Returnal seems ace as well.

Meanwhile I am wondering when I will see a game from Microsoft that actually uses the Series X (glad I bought it though, gamepass and the excellent backwards compatability of a selection of games have served me well).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #868 on: June 03, 2021, 08:04:51 PM »

Considering the cyberpunk debacle, I feel like it's best when games are pushed back.  It certainly sucks, but I think it's better in the end.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #869 on: June 04, 2021, 11:48:29 AM »
Don't get me wrong.  There are plenty of great games out there to tide us over this year.  My thing is, GoW and GT7 are probably among my most highly anticipated game releases because my fandom started at their debut release.  So, as much as I enjoyed Horizon, the level of anticipation isn't nearly as high.  RE on the other hand, is also a top 5 game series for me and I've never had to wait too long for those.  I was also highly anticipating the release of Prince of Persia Remake from the announcement last September, but that got delayed almost another year.  By comparison, the Cyberpunk delay was really no big deal to me because I really didn't know what to anticipate.  So yeah, I guess it all depends one's level of fandom for a particular game or series.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #870 on: June 04, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »
2021 is shaping up to be the "year of revisiting", at least for me. I'm currently about halfway through Mass Effect remastered, then will transition to Final Fantasy VII Remake upgrade on PS5, then will look ahead to the Witcher 3 upgrade on PS5. Somewhere in there, I'll finally pick up a Switch and play some games that have eluded me for far too long, but for the most part, I'm perfectly fine just replaying older titles until 2022. That's going to be a completely insane year, especially if Horizon also ends up getting delayed (but let's hope not)!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #871 on: June 04, 2021, 03:27:19 PM »

Considering the cyberpunk debacle, I feel like it's best when games are pushed back.  It certainly sucks, but I think it's better in the end.

Man, that was such a let down. Today I saw the console versions in bargainbins. I decided to google if they already updated it for next gen. The anwser is no, with no clear release date of those versions yet. And that is far outside of the norm, especially considering how scuffed the old gen console versions are.

Not to mention the people I know who bought it weren't very positive and did not finish it, so I most certainly have other priorities in terms of games. Given the prices now, I can probably score it for 15 euros used somewhere and see if there will be a decent update/expansion someday.

Oh and the game is still not on PSN apparently.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #872 on: June 04, 2021, 05:37:11 PM »

Man, that was such a let down. Today I saw the console versions in bargainbins. I decided to google if they already updated it for next gen. The anwser is no, with no clear release date of those versions yet. And that is far outside of the norm, especially considering how scuffed the old gen console versions are.

Not to mention the people I know who bought it weren't very positive and did not finish it, so I most certainly have other priorities in terms of games. Given the prices now, I can probably score it for 15 euros used somewhere and see if there will be a decent update/expansion someday.

I stopped following after my playthrough, but kind of surprised how bad it still is then. Like I guess they just abandoned it now? It wasn't even a bad game, just clearly not finished and ready which is my point of just delaying the games instead of forcing them.  History shows, forcing the release of an unfinished game does not end well and CP gets filed in that catagory.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #873 on: June 04, 2021, 05:57:06 PM »

I stopped following after my playthrough, but kind of surprised how bad it still is then. Like I guess they just abandoned it now? It wasn't even a bad game, just clearly not finished and ready which is my point of just delaying the games instead of forcing them.  History shows, forcing the release of an unfinished game does not end well and CP gets filed in that catagory.

There is another patch coming out and there was news a few days ago that they have a "road map" but it was a pitiful one. Even if they fix all (or at least a vast majority) of the bugs, the game still wouldn't be a "hardcore" RPG like they advertised.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #874 on: June 05, 2021, 03:37:05 AM »

I don't think they abandoned it, as Herrick said they released a roadmap.

In reality they are just finishing a game that released a year too early. What could've been an awesome new long running series, will likely never reach it's potential and they will become a Witcher machine in the near future.

But they will do great with the new Witcher games, of that I am quite certain.