Author Topic: DTF's Top 50 Bands/Artists Countdown Thread! (the final list)  (Read 51041 times)

Offline HOF

Re: DTF's Top 50 Bands/Artists Countdown Thread! (#07 up!)
« Reply #1715 on: November 24, 2023, 11:09:54 AM »
I've never really gotten into Genesis.  They're obviously legendary and no problems with them being included.  What I've listened to of the old stuff just doesn't generally move me.  I like some of the Phil Collins stuff but that's not the good stuff, according to the fans I've heard from. :)

I already mentioned that I prefer the Collins era to Gabriel (but love both). A lot of people equate the Collins era with Invisible Touch (which I do like), but that was really the tail end of his run with the band. The early stuff with him fronting the band is excellent and still super proggy while also having a little less weirdness than the Gabriel era. Duke does a really great job of blending the prog and pop sides of Genesis.

Really?  I mean, that one probably had the most commercial (as measured by MTV plays  :lol) success, but I don't equate the Collins era solely to that album.

Yeah, very much so. Maybe more so Abacab and beyond, but I can’t tell you how many online discussions I’ve had with people who only like the Gabriel era and think Collins single handedly forced the band to make top 40 material once he became the singer.

+1 to this. The progressive rock community may acknowledge the entire catalog to varying degrees, but for the public at large, Genesis does not exist at all outside of the Duke-Invisible Touch run. And Duke only exists for Misunderstanding and maybe Turn It On.

I can get on board with this, but that is different than to what HOF said.  I mean, it's not like much of their 70s output was exactly radio friendly for the 80s.

Well, I meant more that they equate Collins with those sort of hits like on Invisible Touch.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1716 on: November 24, 2023, 11:28:23 AM »

Yeah, very much so. Maybe more so Abacab and beyond, but I can’t tell you how many online discussions I’ve had with people who only like the Gabriel era and think Collins single handedly forced the band to make top 40 material once he became the singer.

I think that can probably be chalked up to people being ignorant of the band dynamic (does anyone really think Tony Banks was forced to do anything for a solid decade? :lol) and/or the prog fans needing a scapegoat for "their" prog band going the pop rock route in the 80s, and since Collins also had his hugely successful solo career, he's the easy target. 

What is unique about Genesis is that it's not like they did an abrupt turn. When you listen to the albums in order, you can hear the slow move to more accessible songs, while still retaining the prog elements of the early days, even if they came in smaller doses and in the form of the deep cuts rather than the "hits."  Even the albums with their biggest hits (s/t, Invisible Touch, WCD) had some majorly proggy songs on those records.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 11:35:02 AM by KevShmev »

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1717 on: November 24, 2023, 11:40:34 AM »
Genesis came in at 2 for me. Listening to Three Sides Live as a kid is one of my core musical memories, and that album remains as one of my favorites. Like Phil Collins, I’m left-handed and a drummer, and that left a huge impression on me. Listening to Phil tear it up on the In the Cage medley from that record was massively influential. When I finally had the ability to play along with that on drums, I felt like I had reached the mountain top! Invisible Touch was also a big point in my musical development when it came out. I used to spin it on my Dad’s turntable regularly.  I loved how the LP jacket had a physical relief to it. Sonically, I thought the Simmons drums were the coolest thing ever, and the further incorporation of the drum machines sparked my interest in learning how to use those in the music I dreamed of making back then.  That album is still one of my favorites!

As I got older, I dove further into their back catalog and discovered all of their classic material, and I learned to love that with equal aplomb. Part of the challenge was finding the old songs that they referenced in their live medleys. It was cool to hear those parts as they were originally recorded!

I don’t know that I have a favorite studio album of theirs, because I love nearly all of it. I’d have to say Seconds Out and Three Sides Live would be my two favorite releases, because I’ve always felt that Genesis seriously leveled up their material in a live setting. My favorite era is definitely the Collins era, which in my opinion, starts at Nursery Cryme and ends at We Can’t Dance.  Phil Collins is still one of my main musical heroes, and Tony Banks isn’t too far behind. I’m super glad that I got to see them live in 2021. Phil may have been in rough shape, but the other musicians were still in top shape, and it was great to watch Nic Collins take on the drum throne. Phil was clearly very proud of him, and to me, it was not only watching Phil pass his torch on to his son, but it represented my Dad passing his torch on to me (my dad passed away in 2019), and then me being ready to pass on the torch to my son when he’s ready.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1718 on: November 24, 2023, 11:48:21 AM »
Genesis came in at 2 for me. Listening to Three Sides Live as a kid is one of my core musical memories, and that album remains as one of my favorites. Like Phil Collins, I’m left-handed and a drummer, and that left a huge impression on me. Listening to Phil tear it up on the In the Cage medley from that record was massively influential. When I finally had the ability to play along with that on drums, I felt like I had reached the mountain top! Invisible Touch was also a big point in my musical development when it came out. I used to spin it on my Dad’s turntable regularly.  I loved how the LP jacket had a physical relief to it. Sonically, I thought the Simmons drums were the coolest thing ever, and the further incorporation of the drum machines sparked my interest in learning how to use those in the music I dreamed of making back then.  That album is still one of my favorites!

As I got older, I dove further into their back catalog and discovered all of their classic material, and I learned to love that with equal aplomb. Part of the challenge was finding the old songs that they referenced in their live medleys. It was cool to hear those parts as they were originally recorded!

I don’t know that I have a favorite studio album of theirs, because I love nearly all of it. I’d have to say Seconds Out and Three Sides Live would be my two favorite releases, because I’ve always felt that Genesis seriously leveled up their material in a live setting. My favorite era is definitely the Collins era, which in my opinion, starts at Nursery Cryme and ends at We Can’t Dance.  Phil Collins is still one of my main musical heroes, and Tony Banks isn’t too far behind. I’m super glad that I got to see them live in 2021. Phil may have been in rough shape, but the other musicians were still in top shape, and it was great to watch Nic Collins take on the drum throne. Phil was clearly very proud of him, and to me, it was not only watching Phil pass his torch on to his son, but it represented my Dad passing his torch on to me (my dad passed away in 2019), and then me being ready to pass on the torch to my son when he’s ready.

i love this post, thank you for sharing! you just missed an opportunity to say "pass on the torch to my son when his supper's ready" :lol
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: DTF's Top 50 Bands/Artists Countdown Thread! (#09 up!)
« Reply #1719 on: November 24, 2023, 12:43:40 PM »
5 for 5.

4 for 4.

I made a prediction the other day with 11 bands/artists left and so far I'm 3 for 3.

D
-Genesis
-Haken
I
-Led Zeppelin
M
P
P
-Queensryche
R
-The Beatles

that being said, if these are all correct, than there were some pretty big snubs considering some of the names that made the list already.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1720 on: November 24, 2023, 12:51:56 PM »
Totally stumped as to who the "D" band might be. 

Offline HOF

« Reply #1721 on: November 24, 2023, 12:54:08 PM »
Totally stumped as to who the "D" band might be.

Dead Can Dance

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1722 on: November 24, 2023, 12:55:08 PM »
Was hoping for Dragonforce, but I'm down with that.  D.M.C. (Run-) would work too.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #1723 on: November 24, 2023, 01:00:04 PM »
DreamPeace

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1724 on: November 24, 2023, 01:01:07 PM »
5 for 5.

4 for 4.

I made a prediction the other day with 11 bands/artists left and so far I'm 3 for 3.

D
-Genesis
-Haken
I
-Led Zeppelin
M
P
P
-Queensryche
R
-The Beatles

that being said, if these are all correct, than there were some pretty big snubs considering some of the names that made the list already.

I’m stumped on the M band (I have the O band as the replacement) but I honestly can’t think of an M band that we haven’t already covered)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline HOF

« Reply #1725 on: November 24, 2023, 01:08:23 PM »
5 for 5.

4 for 4.

D
-Genesis
-Haken
I
-Led Zeppelin
M
P
P
-Queensryche
R
-The Beatles

I’m stumped on the M band (I have the O band as the replacement) but I honestly can’t think of an M band that we haven’t already covered)

There is one really notable band you are overlooking for M.

Offline nick_z

Re: DTF's Top 50 Bands/Artists Countdown Thread! (#13t. up!)
« Reply #1726 on: November 24, 2023, 01:13:49 PM »
Quick catch-up...

Led Zeppelin and The Beatles both NR for me. Both obviously great and massively influential bands. The Beatles is one of those where there are so many songs that have entered some sort of "eternal" all-around consciousness, but I don't find myself reaching out for full albums very often. It's undeniable, though, that their approach to melody and composition has touched many corners of pop and rock music over the decades. Between the two, Led Zeppelin would probably rank a bit higher if I had an extended list, but they were never quite in contention for my top 25. I have the sense reading opinions here on DTF (on this thread and elsewhere) that there is significant appreciation for records like Presence and Physical Graffiti, perhaps for the more sprawling nature of their musical content. Personally, however, I'd take any of the first 5 records (beyond their status as "classic rock" staples, whatever that means) over those two, no doubt. I don't think I necessarily agree that there's no filler in LZ's discography, and I feel that's especially true in the post-Houses of the Holy material (by the way, HOTH is, on certain days, my favorite album of theirs). Regardless, great band.

Queensryche - #5 on my list. That's a case of a band where, for me, the strength of their initial run is so unbelievable that their place in my very, very top is basically cemented. Yes, unfortunately - by now - no matter how decent of a run they are having with LaTorre fronting, that's a band that doesn't exist anymore (and that, before their 2013 s/t reboot, had worked pretty hard to tarnish that body of work). But everything up to (and including, of course  :biggrin:) Promised Land is untouchable. If I have to pick a couple favorites, I'd probably go for O:M and Rage for Order.

Genesis - NR. I like the band a lot, but not enough for my top 25. They would rank higher than other 70s prog giants like Yes and King Crimson, though. Other than some of the "pop" singles that I had caught on TV back in the day, my first full album experience was Selling England by the Pound which, quite frankly, blew me away (probably still my favorite Genesis record). I was slowly discovering the "roots" of prog after getting into DT and a variety of prog metal bands in the early-to-mid 90s, and there are things on that album that definitely made me go - ah, so that's where a lot of this prog "stuff" comes from  :) There's a lot to love both in the PG and PC-fronted era of the band

25   Nope, especially at this point   
24   Opeth (16)
23   Mastodon (23)
22   No Way
21   Thought they had a chance, but probably not at this point
20   Judas Priest (17)
19   I guess not
18   Evergrey (43)
17   Anathema (36)
16   Pain of Salvation (26)
15   I guess not   
14   Nope
13   Thought they might have a shot, but no
12   Lock?
11   Nope
10  Marillion (18)
9   Katatonia (39)
8   I thought maaaaaybe, but not at this point
7   Nope
6   Fates Warning (12)   
5   Queensryche (8)
4   Lock?   
3   Nope
2   Lock
1   Lock   

5/19 in the top 25, 10/45 in the top 50, so far.

I expect to hit 4 of the remaining 6...

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1727 on: November 24, 2023, 01:14:29 PM »
5 for 5.

4 for 4.

D
-Genesis
-Haken
I
-Led Zeppelin
M
P
P
-Queensryche
R
-The Beatles

There is one really notable band you are overlooking for M.

I would say  :)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1728 on: November 24, 2023, 01:17:36 PM »
Assuming Soundscape is accurate (and I believe he is), the bands are no brainers and everyone does know who they are ... even if you can't figure it out.  You'll  :facepalm: once it dawns on you.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1729 on: November 24, 2023, 01:17:49 PM »

Lovely post indeed.

Offline pg1067

Re: DTF's Top 50 Bands/Artists Countdown Thread! (#08 up!)
« Reply #1730 on: November 24, 2023, 02:35:57 PM »
08. Queensryche

My #7 band and used to be top 5.  The run from the debut EP to Empire is some of the best material out there!

07. Genesis

I was starting to wonder if they'd make it.  My #11 band.  For me, it's all about Selling England through Abacab.

1. LOCK
2. LOCK
3. Fates Warning (12) (I'll be very sad if they don't make the list.  I'm guessing if they aren't one of the next few picks we won't see them.)
4. LOCK
5. Yes (15) (LOCK)
6. Judas Priest (17) (Slightly better than 50/50)
7. Queensryche (8) (Probably (75%+))
8. At this point, I think there's no chance.
9. See #8
10. No way, eh?
11. Genesis (7) (Probably 90%+)
12. LOCK
13. Helloween (38)
14. UFO (42)
15. Led Zeppelin (10) (I think they're probably a lock, but 17 or higher seems surprising to me)
16. The Beatles (9) (LOCK)
17. At this point, I'm going to say no better than a 20% chance - surprisingly underrated around here
18. See #17
19. Black Sabbath (20)
20. Not a chance
21. I'm probably the only one to submit this artist
22. See #17
23. Probably?
24. Scorpions (46T)
25. See #17

Not ranked:  Miles Davis, Symphony X, Algalloch, Avenged Sevenfold, King Crimson, The Deer Hunter, Frank Zappa, Evergrey, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Nightwish, Katatonia, Anathema, Between the Buried..., Radiohead, Big Big Train, Peter Gabriel, Megadeath, Riverside, KISS, Ayreon, Spock's Beard, Neal Morse, Pain of Salvation, Devin Townsend, Coheed & Cambria, Mastodon, Queen, Tool, Transatlantic, Marillion, Opeth, Van Halen (36), Steven Wilson, Haken

Now...let's think...6 artists left, and I have 4 "LOCKs," about which I'm still really confident.  There's one other big name that I'm pretty sure will still show up (even though I didn't have them).  My #23 I have as a "probably," but I'm not so sure now.  The next six days will be interesting to see where everything shakes out (although I think the top 2 are a virtual certainty).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1731 on: November 24, 2023, 02:38:08 PM »
Assuming Soundscape is accurate (and I believe he is), the bands are no brainers and everyone does know who they are ... even if you can't figure it out.  You'll  :facepalm: once it dawns on you.

Still can't fathom the second P

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1732 on: November 24, 2023, 02:39:25 PM »

That's because there's no good reason for them to be this high :neverusethis:

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1733 on: November 24, 2023, 02:43:06 PM »

Primus sucks!  ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1734 on: November 24, 2023, 02:43:36 PM »

:iagree:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline HOF

« Reply #1735 on: November 24, 2023, 02:44:02 PM »

A hint: both P’s are sort of similar.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1736 on: November 24, 2023, 02:44:08 PM »

Every post this page has raised Kev's blood pressure a couple of points.   :lol

Reaper must be a lot more lax about it than I am, that's for sure. 

This shit certainly won't fly in the DT top 100 songs countdown thread.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1737 on: November 24, 2023, 02:44:55 PM »

Same.  I googled a list of bands/artists that start with P.  There are several artists that are well-liked around here, but none of them are so highly regarded that I'd expect to see them in the top 6.  I'm surprised J-Dude is stumped on the M band.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1738 on: November 24, 2023, 02:50:21 PM »

Same.  I googled a list of bands/artists that start with P.  There are several artists that are well-liked around here, but none of them are so highly regarded that I'd expect to see them in the top 6.  I'm surprised J-Dude is stumped on the M band.

I did eventually figure it out. Which just leaves me slack jawed about the O band. While they are nowhere near my top 50, they would be among the first bands to leap to my mind if this were “top 10 bands I hear fan boys drool over on DTF”. Possibly even top 5.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1739 on: November 24, 2023, 02:52:00 PM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Never mind!!!

I hadn’t seen Opeth had already been done and I missed it.

The world makes more sense now.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1740 on: November 24, 2023, 02:53:49 PM »

Even as someone who likes this artist, it is getting so high in the rankings that I'm quite surprised they haven't been mentioned, almost making me wonder if I've missed an even larger totally glaring absence. 

Offline HOF

« Reply #1741 on: November 24, 2023, 02:54:34 PM »
Dream Theater has either toured with or played songs by every remaining artist on the countdown.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1742 on: November 24, 2023, 02:57:02 PM »

Even as someone who likes this artist, it is getting so high in the rankings that I'm quite surprised they haven't been mentioned, almost making me wonder if I've missed a totally glaring absence.

It's definitely a possibility, as they weren't in the predictions I sent you back when #12 was revealed. I never expected them to land this high and maybe they have been totally missed. Then again, I totally missed Queensyche, so what do I know.

There is one band I've been waiting to show up, there's not a chance now, but them not being in a DTF Top 50 is crazy to me.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1743 on: November 24, 2023, 02:57:18 PM »
Dream Theater has either toured with or played songs by every remaining artist on the countdown.

I knew it!  Soundscape was missing a T.  We all totally overlooked Tori Amos.  Way more popular than the M or R or I bands here for sure. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1744 on: November 24, 2023, 03:01:20 PM »

Every post this page has raised Kev's blood pressure a couple of points.   :lol

Reaper must be a lot more lax about it than I am, that's for sure. 

This shit certainly won't fly in the DT top 100 songs countdown thread.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

As agent of chaos #1 I just hope Reaper is a fun lovin dude and I promise I will respect dress code and tip the valets in your upcoming thread.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: November 24, 2023, 05:58:52 PM »

DT toured with Boy George and Culture Club?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1746 on: November 24, 2023, 06:04:08 PM »
DT plays their own songs??? :o
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1747 on: November 24, 2023, 06:47:00 PM »
A hint: both P’s are sort of similar.
Some would say one at the very least influenced the other early in their career, although some might acuse the later band ripped off the older band...
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1748 on: November 24, 2023, 08:44:12 PM »
NR Frank Zappa
NR Steven Wilson
NR Devin Townsend
NR Tool
NR Symphony X
NR Spock's Beard
NR Riverside
NR Radiohead
NR Queensryche
NR Pain Of Salvation
NR Opeth
NR Nightwish
NR Megadeth
NR Mastodon
NR Katatonia
NR Judas Priest
NR Helloween
NR Haken
NR Godspeed You! Black Emperor
NR Fates Warning
NR Evergrey
NR The Deer Hunter
NR Miles Davis
NR Coheed And Cambria
NR Big Big Train
NR Between The Buried And Me
NR Ayreon
NR Avenged Sevenfold
NR Anathema
NR Allagoch
53 King Crimson (Red, Larks Tongue In Aspic, ITCOTCK)
47 Peter Gabriel (US, So, Car)
35 Scorpions (Taken By Force, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism)
34 UFO (Mechanix, SITN, Force It)
30 Transatlantic (The Whirlwind, Bridge Across Forever, The Absolute Universe)
26 Van Halen (Fair Warning, A Different Kind Of Truth, 1984)

25  Sadly, not a shot
24  Sadly, not a shot
23  Given
22  Queen (Queen II; Innuendo; A Kind Of Magic)
21  Given
20  Given. SHOULD BE a Given, but given this crowd - see what I did there - sadly, "Probably not"
19  Probably not; they are a classic, but don't seem to get much love here
18  Sadly, not a shot
17  Sadly, not a shot
16  Given. SHOULD BE a Given, but given this crowd - see what I did there - sadly, "Probably not"
15  Probably not; it's an offshoot of another band here and it won't likely make the grade
14  Sadly, not a shot
13  Sadly, not a shot
12  Neal Morse. (And yes, I lumped.). (Innocence and Danger; The Grand Experiment; TSOAD)
11  Black Sabbath (Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, Heaven and Hell)
10  Sadly, not a shot
Given
Probably not; his more popular (here) incarnation already appeared
Given
6  Marillion (Clutching At Straws, Misplaced Childhood, Brave)
5  Yes (Going For The One, Fragile, Close To The Edge)
4  Led Zeppelin (Physical Graffiti, IV, How The West Was Won)
3. Kiss (Rock And Roll Over; Creatures Of The Night; Hotter Than Hell)
Genesis (Wind And Wuthering, Duke, The Lamb...]
1  The Beatles (Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, Revolver)

3 for 4 on givens.

Queenryche; a band with the catalogue like the one after Empire to the present shouldn't make this list.  O:M and Empire are crucial records, but the catalogue itself doesn't hold up for me.

Genesis.  Ah.   My number 2.   I love ALL of it.  From Stagnation to even some parts of "Calling All Stations".   They have a top five all time album (Wind and Wuthering) and have my single most favorite recorded piece of music (NOT my favorite SONG, but performance), the medley part of the "In The Cage" medley from the 3SL album (the video is a different, and IMO lesser, version).   

I think both HOF and Romdrums had it right.  Abacab is their second most progressive record, IMO, behind The Lamb.   Sure, they got radio play, and there are a couple latter day songs that don't hold up ("Hold On My Heart", I'm looking at YOU!) but NONE of their albums suck (though I don't care for From Genesis To Revelation that much) and all have something to abide.   

My favorite songs:
Albums:
- Trespass:  The Knife
- Nursery Cryme:  The Musical Box
- Foxtrot: Supper’s Ready
- Selling England: Cinema Show
- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway: Probably the title track, but "The Colony Of Slippermen" is a hidden gem
- Trick Of The Tail:  Ripples
- Wind And Wuthering:  One For The Vine (or Unquiet Slumbers for Sleepers in That Silent Earth, but it's all good)
- And Then There Were Three: Deep In The Motherlode
- Duke:  Duchess (or Cul-de-sac; another impossible one to choose from)
- Abacab: Me And Sarah Jane
- Genesis: Home By The Sea (both parts, but especially part 2)
- Invisible Touch:  Domino
- We Can't Dance: Fading Lights
- Calling All Stations:  The Dividing Line (or Not About Us)

B-Sides (just picking a few but there are lots more good ones):
- Evidence of Autumn (one of my favorite songs by the band)
- You Might Recall
- It's Yourself
- Paperlate
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:15:43 AM by Stadler »

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1749 on: November 24, 2023, 08:58:55 PM »
great call on Duchess. that song still blows my mind every time I hear it. it's such a perfect tune. also agreed on the ITC medley being a top notch performance. Any thoughts on the Genesis Live release (the only official live one with PG AFAIK)? The version of the Knife on that recording is one of my all-time favorites
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!