Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 222701 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2020, 10:48:42 AM »
Gonna have to start His Dark Materials...

Fucking finally...

Just watched the pilot of Stargate SG1...believe it or don't I never stepped into the extended universe at all. So what am I looking at? 10 seasons of SG1, 5 seasons of Atlantis, 2 of Universe, plus endless spin offs, animated, and made for DVD flicks?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »
she was right up there with Jaclyn Smith as most beautiful woman in the world.
*the Milennial googles*

[pics]

Yeah both of them check out  :hefdaddy

And those aren't even great pictures of them.

That's one of the few male actors besides Jack Wagner and John Aniston (both of whom I know from outside soap operas) that I can name:  Drake Hogestyn. 

Ummm...Harrison Ford....Tom Hanks...??

I know who John Aniston only because of his kid, but I wouldn't recognize him if he walked up and bit me.  I might know Jack Wagner but am not 100% sure.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »

Fucking finally...

Just watched the pilot of Stargate SG1...believe it or don't I never stepped into the extended universe at all. So what am I looking at? 10 seasons of SG1, 5 seasons of Atlantis, 2 of Universe, plus endless spin offs, animated, and made for DVD flicks?

Yep. And IMO it’s all worth it. Very fun universe to get into. The only bummer of the journey is that ‘Universe’ only got two seasons because it was really good.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #703 on: April 24, 2020, 11:30:00 AM »

Fucking finally...

Yep. And IMO it’s all worth it. Very fun universe to get into. The only bummer of the journey is that ‘Universe’ only got two seasons because it was really good.

Well, no. There are no endless spin offs. There is technically an animated show but it's completely unrelated and you can very much ignore it. The made for DVD flicks, I think there's only two? They're not bad.

But yes to the rest. 17 seasons of greatness. I am a HUGE Stargate fan. You'll get some really dumb moments, but it's just so great over time. The world building (or universe building they do) is just incredible. All the alien races are amazing, even if 99% of them are medieval humans essentially.

And Universe is so incredible. A very different show but still very Stargate in a lot of ways. I am so sad it ended the way it did.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #704 on: April 24, 2020, 11:51:05 AM »

Fucking finally...

Well, no. There are no endless spin offs. There is technically an animated show but it's completely unrelated and you can very much ignore it. The made for DVD flicks, I think there's only two? They're not bad.

But yes to the rest. 17 seasons of greatness. I am a HUGE Stargate fan. You'll get some really dumb moments, but it's just so great over time. The world building (or universe building they do) is just incredible. All the alien races are amazing, even if 99% of them are medieval humans essentially.

And Universe is so incredible. A very different show but still very Stargate in a lot of ways. I am so sad it ended the way it did.

OK...so I saw the 1994 movie with James Spader and Snake Pliskin and though it was really good.  I haven't seen any of the spinoff stuff, but it sounds like maybe I should.  Where does one go first after the movie, and in what order should one consume the rest of the stuff?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2020, 12:06:20 PM »
I just recently found out that Chris Pine's dad was Sergeant Joseph Getraer in CHIP's.  I see it now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #706 on: April 24, 2020, 12:27:26 PM »
I just recently found out that Chris Pine's dad was Sergeant Joseph Getraer in CHIP's.  I see it now.

Holy crap!  It's the kind of thing you can't really unsee, can you?

He was actually my favorite character on that show (and it was a show I watched). 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: April 24, 2020, 12:37:52 PM »

Fucking finally...

OK...so I saw the 1994 movie with James Spader and Snake Pliskin and though it was really good.  I haven't seen any of the spinoff stuff, but it sounds like maybe I should.  Where does one go first after the movie, and in what order should one consume the rest of the stuff?

Off the top of my head (Adami can correct me if I’m wrong) but the order was:

Stargate SG-1
Atlantis
Universe.

There were a couple SG-1 movies as well that were good....I just can’t recall if they were made in between Sg-1 and Atlantis or while Atlantis was airing.

Adami.....totally agree about Universe. I was super bummed it was gone so quickly. It was really well done.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #708 on: April 24, 2020, 02:51:33 PM »
Yeah, SG1 picks up about a year after the movie leaves off, with a lot of the same characters (different actors of course)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #709 on: April 27, 2020, 08:11:14 AM »
I wrapped up Episodes with Matt Leblanc last night. It wasn't a stellar show, but I enjoyed it. It had its moments.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #710 on: April 27, 2020, 08:22:16 AM »
Just started on the newer Tick on Amazon Prime.  I like it so far.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #711 on: April 27, 2020, 09:34:28 AM »
I wrapped up Episodes with Matt Leblanc last night. It wasn't a stellar show, but I enjoyed it. It had its moments.

I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. It was a good show to binge.

I also finally watched and caught up the two season of 'Succession'. What an amazing drama, with some amazing acting, the whole cast is fantastic and Brian Cox is scary at times.

The show is so well written and the cast delivers each episode. It's one of those shows you have to just take, no distraction, just watch things unfold.

Someone said it's like a serious version of Arrested Development and I tend to agree.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: April 28, 2020, 12:21:53 AM »
I started watching Stargate Atlantis a few days ago. I've seen a few episodes scattered through the years, but I wanted to see it from the very start. I prefer it over Stargate SG-1, although that's a fine show too, indeed.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #713 on: April 28, 2020, 01:15:15 AM »
Current line up of the additional time I have thanks to working at home and never going out:

The Good Place 3 (fantastic as always)
Better Call Saul 5 (two episodes in)
Brooklyn 99 (I'm at season 3 and chugging one episode down after another whenever I have time)
The Crown 2
Atypical 3

Planning on resuming Peaky Blinders as soon as I finish one of those above, it would be season 4 for me.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #714 on: April 28, 2020, 02:59:50 PM »
Getting ready to start the 6th season of Bosch on Prime.

Is that good?  I like the books a lot, and I'm a fan of Titus Welliver, but I've never watched it.
If you like the books (as I do), and you like Welliver (as I do), then this show is pretty much tailor-made for you.  It's really fantastic.  Great writing, great acting, and actually the cinematography is also great - it really makes southern California almost like another starring character.

I also love the theme song - modern and driving, but also incorporating Bosch's love of jazz.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: April 30, 2020, 01:13:13 AM »
OATS STUDIOS on Amazon Prime. A collection of short stories by Neil Blomkamp. Pretty freaking cool.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #716 on: April 30, 2020, 01:42:36 AM »
OATS STUDIOS on Amazon Prime. A collection of short stories by Neil Blomkamp. Pretty freaking cool.
Yea that's some cool stuff, I especially enjoyed the ADAMs series and Praetoria. I think they're working on a feature film or maybe more than one.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: May 01, 2020, 10:15:12 AM »
Started watching 'Upload' on Amazon last night. I'm three episodes in. It's a pretty fun little show. I already know probably down to details what is going to happen....it's not that difficult to surmise.....but the characters are fun and it's interesting so I'll stick with it. The episodes are only like 30 minutes long....except the first episode was 45 minutes. (10) episodes total.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #718 on: May 01, 2020, 12:45:42 PM »
I started watching Into The Night, definietly a concept right up my alley, hopefully the show will deliver.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: May 02, 2020, 02:05:06 AM »
Started watching 'Upload' on Amazon last night. I'm three episodes in. It's a pretty fun little show. I already know probably down to details what is going to happen....it's not that difficult to surmise.....but the characters are fun and it's interesting so I'll stick with it. The episodes are only like 30 minutes long....except the first episode was 45 minutes. (10) episodes total.

Finished ‘Upload’. It was pretty good. I’ll admit the story wasn’t as clear cut as I thought it was after the first couple episodes. It definitely ended on a note where I hope there’s at least one more season.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #720 on: May 02, 2020, 07:03:45 PM »

Finished ‘Upload’. It was pretty good. I’ll admit the story wasn’t as clear cut as I thought it was after the first couple episodes. It definitely ended on a note where I hope there’s at least one more season.

I'm about 5 episodes in. Very fun show, very intriguing, and in moments fucking piss your pants funny. I should be done tonight haha

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #721 on: May 05, 2020, 06:44:13 AM »
I added to my lineup of stuff to watch Arrested Development.

I've already seen season 4, but it's been a while, and I saw that Netflix rearranged it to present the overlapping storylines in a chronological manner, so I figured I could watch it again before diving into season 5.

And I started season 4 of Peaky Blinders! watched the first episode, a great return to form - not that season 3 was bad, but the plotline was weird and convoluted, and also the time jump greatly hurt the continuity. The things that you can deduce happened between season 2 and season 3 were worth themselves a season 3, and the actual season 3 should have been season 4. Uh well. As I said on previous occasion, the atmosphere created by this series is ridiculously good and pulls you in even if gangsters aren't your prime choice for entertainment.

And I've finished season 3 of The Good Place. Another slam dunk. Impressive how they plow through plot points  that are worth a season, and they resolve them in an episode, always being fresh, innovative, funny and thought provoking. This is rapidly growing into my personal olympus, if it ends as good as it ran, it's gonna be one of my absolute favorite shows, ever.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #722 on: May 05, 2020, 05:21:57 PM »

Yep, like you I thought I had the story figured out. Then the next episode completely blew up my theory. On a side note, I fell hard for Nora.

Considering the man behind the show, I figured it would be pretty funny. Looking forward to his Space Force show with Steve Carell later this month too.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #723 on: May 06, 2020, 06:56:13 AM »
Into season 2 of "The last Kingdom". Good Viking show.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #724 on: May 06, 2020, 08:06:51 AM »
Um, kind of a niche thing here, but I watched the two-part Garth Brooks "The Road I'm On" documentary.  There's a LOT I could say, but I'll leave it at "it was a very entertaining four hours".   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #725 on: May 06, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »

I watched the first episode (and maybe some of the second?) last night.  Fairly interesting, so I'll keep watching.  Ingrid is FUCKING HOT!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #726 on: May 06, 2020, 11:55:56 AM »
Um, kind of a niche thing here, but I watched the two-part Garth Brooks "The Road I'm On" documentary.  There's a LOT I could say, but I'll leave it at "it was a very entertaining four hours".
We watched it too.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #727 on: May 08, 2020, 09:38:33 AM »

I watched the first episode (and maybe some of the second?) last night.  Fairly interesting, so I'll keep watching.  Ingrid is FUCKING HOT!

I finished episode 5 last night.  Really enjoying this show.

As a side note, this show makes me want to visit Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #728 on: May 08, 2020, 10:42:19 AM »
Started 'Longmire' on Netflix. Pretty good show. Kind of a 'crime of the week' set in a lazy Western town. I'm not hammering through it like I would any other series....but I'll watch a couple here and there.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #729 on: May 08, 2020, 10:57:36 AM »
Finished S03 of Colony and honestly i'm a bit bummed I actually watched until the end despite knowing the outcome because the last season was pretty exciting and it really ended when shit was about to get real.  :-\ :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: May 08, 2020, 11:01:02 AM »
Finished S03 of Colony and honestly i'm a bit bummed I actually watched until the end despite knowing the outcome because the last season was pretty exciting and it really ended when shit was about to get real.  :-\ :lol

I feel ya. I really liked that show.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #731 on: May 08, 2020, 07:54:28 PM »
Getting ready to start the 6th season of Bosch on Prime.

Just finished episode 1of the first season.  I think the black supervisor played a similar role in The Wire.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:06:12 PM by mike099 »
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #732 on: May 08, 2020, 09:15:27 PM »
Started Devs tonight. Loved Ex Machina, so I have high hopes for this.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #733 on: May 08, 2020, 10:19:36 PM »
Started Devs tonight. Loved Ex Machina, so I have high hopes for this.

Really interesting show. I’ll be curious to hear your opinion. I finished that one a few weeks ago.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #734 on: May 09, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
I love when random shit like the one I'm about to tell happens.

So, one of the sitcoms I was watching was New Girl. With all the things there to see, I dropped it and I haven't gone back to it since a year at least, possibly two. It finally popped up on Netflix and I saw it as the perfect occasion to restart, watching season 6. In one of the first episodes they go to New York and who they stumble into? the guys from Brooklyn 99 which I started to watch recently! A crossover episode that I would have never been prepared for if I had decided to continue with New Girl in the many, many months I could have the occasion to do so! (I only started to watch Brooklyn 99 very recently).

I love it, it's like TV-destiny was holding me back to continue with New Girl for enough time for me to appreciate a crossover episode  ;D