Author Topic: What Shows are you currently watching?  (Read 223219 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: What Shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »
The show is a half hour show. If you ever have the time check it out.

I'll try, just can't commit to anything til I pass.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #561 on: March 03, 2020, 01:11:35 AM »
I'm thinking about checking out Lost. I never got around to seeing it when it aired.

I watched the two pilot episodes last night. It really looks promising, I'll definitely continue with more episodes tonight.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #562 on: March 04, 2020, 07:27:12 PM »
Giving I Am Not Okay With This on Netflix a shot, seemed intriguing. Teen girl who recently lost her father, outcast, blah blah starts developing random telekinetic powers. I'll keep y'all posted.

Edit- This show is quite, quite good. Excellent writing and acting, and a very unique telling of the teen angst story. Episodes are only 20 minutes long so it's not much of a commitment to check it out.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:05:01 PM by lonestar »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »
Giving I Am Not Okay With This on Netflix a shot, seemed intriguing. Teen girl who recently lost her father, outcast, blah blah starts developing random telekinetic powers. I'll keep y'all posted.

Edit- This show is quite, quite good. Excellent writing and acting, and a very unique telling of the teen angst story. Episodes are only 20 minutes long so it's not much of a commitment to check it out.

See my post on this show a page back. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2020, 07:47:10 AM »
DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE

the pilot episode was tonight on AMC. I am on board, although I'm not sure how categorize this show. It's kind of a conspiracy theory type show with Scifi elements about living in society and what people were meant to do vs what they could do or where to be.

I almost got a David Lynch or Lost vibe to it.

I’m planning on watching this one. Looks good

Watched the first episode.....very interesting. It has a 'LEGION' feel (show that was on FX)   Very neat way of storytelling. I'm on board for sure  :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #565 on: March 09, 2020, 07:04:19 AM »
It's not as hip or cool as some of the shows talked about here, but anyone watch "Good Girls"? 

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #566 on: March 09, 2020, 08:13:18 AM »
I watched the whole thing in one sitting on the weekend. :natalieportman: It was very good.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #567 on: March 10, 2020, 09:42:00 AM »
I've been watching Titanic: Blood and Steel on Amazon Prime.  Didn't realize until today that it's nearly a decade old.  It's quite good and has held my interest through 5-6 episodes (out of 12 total).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #568 on: March 10, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »
It's not as hip or cool as some of the shows talked about here, but anyone watch "Good Girls"?
I don't, but I have thought about it.  Christina Hendricks can do no wrong in my eyes.

But is it actually good?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: March 11, 2020, 06:13:19 AM »
I don't, but I have thought about it.  Christina Hendricks can do no wrong in my eyes.

But is it actually good?

Obviously my opinion only, but if you can suspend some minor disbelief over the basic premise, it's an entertaining show.   I like the characters - unlike, say, Manifest, that I'm watching to see what the conceit is while absolutely despising several of the main characters (and the actors that play them) - and the plot seems to move at a decent pace.   It's not a dark show, but it's just dark enough to be believable and not be a total cartoon.   I never really was a Christina Hendricks fan, but she's good in this, and I am a Mae Whitman fan, and she's kind of hilarious.  There are things I don't like, but that's me, and that's every show, it seems.  I'd recommend it, at least for the first, say, three episodes.  If you like those, you'll like the show, if you don't you won't.   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #570 on: March 11, 2020, 09:50:34 AM »
I like the characters - unlike, say, Manifest, that I'm watching to see what the conceit is while absolutely despising several of the main characters (and the actors that play them)

I tried to get into that show and gave up after around 6-8 episodes.  The brother and sister leads were obnoxious to the nth degree.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: March 11, 2020, 10:26:59 AM »
I like the characters - unlike, say, Manifest, that I'm watching to see what the conceit is while absolutely despising several of the main characters (and the actors that play them)

I tried to get into that show and gave up after around 6-8 episodes.  The brother and sister leads were obnoxious to the nth degree.

YES!   They are individually the worst actors ever, and together it's just excruciating.  But I need to find out what happened to Flight 828...

Offline pg1067

« Reply #572 on: March 11, 2020, 12:07:39 PM »

YES!   They are individually the worst actors ever, and together it's just excruciating.  But I need to find out what happened to Flight 828...

I think I'm glad I gave up on it before getting too invested in what happened to the flight.  I didn't watch Lost, but I get the sense that Manifest is going to have a similar effect once it finally wraps up.

And to think, NBC cancelled Timeless right around the time Manifest debuted....

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2020, 01:27:52 PM »

But is it actually good?

Obviously my opinion only, but if you can suspend some minor disbelief over the basic premise, it's an entertaining show.   I like the characters - unlike, say, Manifest, that I'm watching to see what the conceit is while absolutely despising several of the main characters (and the actors that play them) - and the plot seems to move at a decent pace.   It's not a dark show, but it's just dark enough to be believable and not be a total cartoon.   I never really was a Christina Hendricks fan, but she's good in this, and I am a Mae Whitman fan, and she's kind of hilarious.  There are things I don't like, but that's me, and that's every show, it seems.  I'd recommend it, at least for the first, say, three episodes.  If you like those, you'll like the show, if you don't you won't.
Sweet, thanks.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #574 on: March 14, 2020, 10:48:36 PM »
I Am Not Okay With This.

3 episodes in and I really dig it. Adami, I think this is right up your alley.

Just finished this. REALLY cool show. So bummed it was only (8) episodes.....and short ones at that. But it was cool...well done story. I hope S2 is soon.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #575 on: March 15, 2020, 08:55:04 AM »
Some good picks in here for all your plague lockdown binge needs https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/coronavirus-quarantine-binge-guide-sepinwall-967206/
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #576 on: March 15, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »
Starting to run through lego masters. Some of the contestants are beyond annoying, but it's lego so I'm cool.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #577 on: March 16, 2020, 03:49:51 AM »
Locke and Key
Second season of La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)
Started I am Not Okay with This
Going on with Love, Death and Robots
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #578 on: March 16, 2020, 04:01:46 AM »
I'm continuing my Lost episodes. I'm still on Season 1, and really liking it so far. The shaky cams is pretty annoying, but I guess it was a popular thing during the day (early 2000s).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #579 on: March 16, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
Starting to run through lego masters. Some of the contestants are beyond annoying, but it's lego so I'm cool.

I've found it very disappointing.  A few moments reminded me of the bits and pieces of Project Runway that I've seen when my wife has it on.  Too much nonsense and not enough focus on the building process.  And Amie and Krystle got eliminated last week, which is sad.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #580 on: March 16, 2020, 10:02:28 AM »
So, I'm a Lego fanatic.  My wife, her brother and her dad have all worked for Lego over the years (their US HQ is probably five miles from me) or still do, and I've been lucky enough to actually go and walk through their custom model shop.  Fascinating.  I've even considered going to work there myself (but didn't for various reasons).   I was looking forward to this show a LOT.  Big fan of Will Arnett, and the concept of watching high-level building made it a no-brainer.

BUT... while I have all the episodes on DVR, every clip or snippet I watch makes me less interested.  I know this isn't really the place, but I am just so tired of the reality TV tropes at this point.   The "cast" is straight out of the reality TV playbook, the "shocking" reveal, the "twist that changes everything!"... unless the summer TV slate is just horrid, or I run out of things to watch under COVID-19 quarantine, I'm dangerously close to deleting them. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #581 on: March 18, 2020, 10:54:58 PM »
I agree, a lot of it is cookie cutter reality shit, and the players are getting more and more annoying by the episode. I'm still into the builds, and yeah, I agree they should be focused on more.

And yeah, eliminating the cosplay girls was weak af, they got fucking hosed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2020, 11:41:41 AM »
So I watched the first two episodes of Lego Masters.   It's way better, and way worse, than I'd hoped.  Some of those fuckers can flat out LEGO.   I was blown away by some of the creations.  Really cool.  That monster that got dropped in the second episode (with the little bomb above it) was brilliant if you ask me.

I honestly could not care any less about any one of those players.  I don't give a flying rat's ass about Amie and Krystle, or the guy in the skirt (though I'm partial to his partner, who is from Connecticut), or the mom whose hair is "close to god" or the lumberjacks, or the Latino with daddy issues (and daddy with Cheech Marin issues)...   I don't know the names yet, so rather than resort to awkward references, I'm rooting for the two that did the Egyptian theme in the first round.  But by and large, those contestants are basically straight out of Reality TV Casting Central, and that is fully uninteresting to me.   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2020, 01:32:22 PM »
I honestly could not care any less about any one of those players.  I don't give a flying rat's ass about Amie and Krystle, or the guy in the skirt (though I'm partial to his partner, who is from Connecticut), or the mom whose hair is "close to god" or the lumberjacks, or the Latino with daddy issues (and daddy with Cheech Marin issues)...   I don't know the names yet, so rather than resort to awkward references, I'm rooting for the two that did the Egyptian theme in the first round.  But by and large, those contestants are basically straight out of Reality TV Casting Central, and that is fully uninteresting to me.

I only care(d) about them because I liked looking at them.   :biggrin:

Online Adami

« Reply #584 on: March 19, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »
I honestly could not care any less about any one of those players.  I don't give a flying rat's ass about Amie and Krystle, or the guy in the skirt (though I'm partial to his partner, who is from Connecticut), or the mom whose hair is "close to god" or the lumberjacks, or the Latino with daddy issues (and daddy with Cheech Marin issues)... 

Having never seen this show or anything, this is such a strange thing to read out of context.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #585 on: March 19, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »
I'm currently watching Better Call Saul. Sad this is the penultimate season and it's already halfway through. Every season, it feels like it's ending just as it's getting good...

Westworld, too. Season 3 just started and it's my favorite show on TV.

My friends have been raving about this Hulu show called Dave, I know nothing about it but they said it was funny, so I might check an episode out tonight.

Also watching The Righteous Gemstones on HBO. Danny McBride, Adam Devine, John Goodman... wait, John Goodman?!  :lol 2 episodes in and enjoying it so far.

3 shows at the same time is a lot for me, so, my plate is very full.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #586 on: March 19, 2020, 04:51:08 PM »
Started watching 8 Days, it's really good but a bit heavy and dark. Fans of the show Dark might enjoy this, the shows has nothing in common but they kind of share the same mood I feel.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #587 on: March 21, 2020, 07:53:33 AM »
Current plague quarantine streaming update:

Watched:
The Outsider (HBO)
Star Wars Clone Wars seasons 6 and 7 (Disney+)
Peaky Blinders season 2 (Netflix)
Avenue 5 (HBO)

Next up is probably Peaky Blinders season 3, current plan is to alternate seasons of that with seasons of a comedy.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #588 on: March 21, 2020, 07:57:39 AM »
Next up is probably Peaky Blinders season 3, current plan is to alternate seasons of that with seasons of a comedy.

Same as you, I don't like to watch multiple seasons in a row, but I have yet to start season 2.

About to finish:
Locke and Key
I am Not Okay with This

Started:
Sex Education (quite funny, introvert child of a sex therapist finds himself giving sex advices to his schoolmates)
Brooklyn 99 (sitcom in a police precint, with the protagonist being a good detective but a complete immature guy)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #589 on: March 21, 2020, 08:03:26 AM »
I love Brooklyn 99, you're in for a treat.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: March 22, 2020, 08:45:45 AM »
I love Brooklyn 99, you're in for a treat.

I second this.

All the side characters make that show.  Holt is my favorite character.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #591 on: March 22, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »
Well, I third that, few episodes in and I'm happy I started it. I was drawn in by knowign Michael Schur from The Good Place is involved, it looks like it's gonna be quite a funny ride.

I had a hard time figuring out where I have already seen the sergeant, so I looked him up. President Camacho of Idiocracy  :metal :metal :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #592 on: March 22, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
There are times I have to rewind to hear a line over and over. The delivery of the actors and actresses kill me.

Online Adami

« Reply #593 on: March 22, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »
Brooklyn 99 is amazing.

Let me know when you meet Doug Judy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #594 on: March 22, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »
And his sister. Lol