Author Topic: Concerts for 2024  (Read 9598 times)

Offline DTwwbwMP

Re: Concerts for 2024
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2023, 01:26:26 PM »
updated:
Kashmir (Zep tribute) 1/12 Keswick Theater, PA
Extreme 1/24 Bergan PAC, NJ
The Genesis Show 1/27 Keswick, PA
Haken 3/3 The Vogel, NJ
Ace Frehley / Angel 4/13 Carteret PAC, NJ
Judas Priest 4/19 Prudential Center, NJ
Queensryche 5/1 Keswick Theater, PA
Martin Barre Band (Tull classics) 5/5 Carteret PAC, NJ
Australian Pink Floyd 6/18 Count Basie, NJ
Sammy Hagar (w Satriani, Bonham & Anthony) / Loverboy 7/27 PNC, NJ
Creed 8/7 PNC, NJ
Iron Maiden 11/1 Wells Fargo, PA

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2023, 11:29:29 AM »
Finally have a couple to list!

2/29 Prize Fighter Inferno
10/19 WWWY24

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2023, 11:54:38 AM »
10/19 WWWY24

Dammit, this line up is worth it just for The Black Parade and Good Apollo I!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2023, 12:00:51 PM »
10/19 WWWY24

Sooooo many good ones! Thursday, Saves the Day, Bayside, Dashboard, Hawthorne Heights, Distillers. Can't wait!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2023, 12:02:04 PM »
Not familiar with most of the bands, but I absolutely love what they're doing with that festival. Here's hoping they don't have another freak lightning storm.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2023, 12:13:27 PM »
10/19 WWWY24

Sooooo many good ones! Thursday, Saves the Day, Bayside, Dashboard, Hawthorne Heights, Distillers. Can't wait!

Not to mention New Found Glory playing their best album! I could've sworn I saw Yellowcard on the line up playing Ocean Avenue as well (which would be a dream set for me), but I was mistaken. I hope they bring a smaller scale version of this to the UK (but keep MCR and Coheed on the line up).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 01:09:46 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2023, 12:59:43 PM »
First 2024 ticket bought.....

Tool i Stockholm on the 25th of June.

Saw them for the first time last year..... soooooo gooooood!!!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2023, 01:41:39 PM »
I read on Loudwire's tour announcement for the week that Starset is going to playing at the Anaheim House of Blues in April.  That's some good moving on up for them.  They were main-supporting Halestorm in that same venue in 2017 and so far, been playing smaller venues like The Regent Theater in LA and The Observatory in Santa Ana in recent times.  So for them to get their shot at playing The House of Blues in Anaheim is great to see and I hope I can be there.

Edit: And it's billed as An Evening With..... I hope it holds true and they can give a long set without any openers.  That's more enticing for me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2023, 02:19:00 PM »
After seeing only two concerts in 2023, I already have tickets for three shows in 2024:

Olivia Rodrigo - 03/12
Judas Priest - 05/05
Alanis Morissette - 07/23

Still debating getting tickets for the Sammy Hagar show here on 08/31 as well.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2023, 05:33:29 AM »

Not to mention New Found Glory playing their best album! I could've sworn I saw Yellowcard on the line up playing Ocean Avenue as well (which would be a dream set for me), but I was mistaken. I hope they bring a smaller scale version of this to the UK (but keep MCR and Coheed on the line up).
Yellowcard did just come through on an Ocean Avenue anniversary show on their own, they didn't play the entire album front to back though. However, it was heavy Ocean Avenue and a couple other of their big, radio hits. Worked for me! I may have cried a little, that album is linked to some crazy times.

I think these are the top albums I can't wait to hear. For my GenX-er friends who have no idea who these bands are (RJ lol) these are basically the summers of our high school years.
MCR - Black Parade. I would prefer 3 cheers - but BP will do lol
Coheed - GA1 - which I saw on their neverender tour but the album is AMAZING and I'll also go to the next cruise for this album
Dashboard - Dusk and Summer
Underoath - They're only chasing safety
Distillers - Coral Fang
Bayside - Bayside
Saves the Day - Say What you Are
Thursday - Full Collapse
Hawthorne Heights - Silence in Black and White
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
The Used - In Love and Death
All American Rejects - AAR
NFG - Sticks and Stones
Story of the Year - Page Avenue

These 14 alone make me excited. It's still stupidly expensive though.

I forgot to add this other big date!!
2/29 Prize Fighter Inferno
9/18 Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, The Linda Lindas
10/19 WWWY24

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2023, 05:37:26 AM »
So far,

February 7th - Mr. Big
February 10th - Lotus Land (Rush tribute band)
March 1st - Haken
August 20th Creed & Tonic
September  - Progpower
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2023, 07:04:16 AM »
Caligula's tix purchased with VIP upgrade. No way in hell I'm missing this one.

Also the Haken show in LA is not GA... Boo...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2023, 08:37:01 AM »
I might get tickets for Caligula's horse depending on Lisa's treatment. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2023, 05:23:08 PM »
I have been listening to Earthside new release and turns out they are scheduled to be with Caligula’s Horse in Nashville at the Exit Inn in February.

The new release from Earthside is so good.  Loving the drums.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2023, 09:24:08 PM »
Just 2 so far...

- April 8th - Joe Satriani and Steve Vai - Count Basie Theater, NJ
 - July 25th - Billy Joel - Final MSG Residency show, NYC

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2023, 03:18:11 PM »
Avenged Sevenfold has announced a new leg of their tour in the Spring.  I'm thinking about doing a weekend trip to one of these cities.  Cleveland or Newark.  I don't have any trips planned and it would be nice to fill that kind of space for a brief vacation at that point.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2023, 08:54:03 AM »
I'll be going to the Newark show.

Got tickets to see Set It Off for next year, learned my lesson as it sold out last year and I had to pay extra to get in. 

Also added Blind Guardian who are touring the US next year for the first time in a long time.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2023, 09:00:27 AM »
I've actually got three gigs lined up for next year so far...

January 6th - Gnome in Southampton
May 30th - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard in Bristol
July 9th - Hozier in Chepstow (with my wife)

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2023, 11:00:47 AM »
updated:
Kashmir (Zep tribute) 1/12 Keswick Theater, PA
Extreme 1/24 Bergan PAC, NJ
The Genesis Show 1/27 Keswick, PA
Haken 3/3 The Vogel, NJ
Ace Frehley / Angel 4/13 Carteret PAC, NJ
Judas Priest 4/19 Prudential Center, NJ
Queensryche 5/1 Keswick Theater, PA
Rolling $tone$ 5/26 MetLife, NJ
Australian Pink Floyd 6/18 Count Basie, NJ
Sammy Hagar (w Satriani, Bonham & Anthony) / Loverboy 7/27 PNC, NJ
Creed 8/7 PNC, NJ
Iron Maiden 11/1 Wells Fargo, PA

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2023, 02:13:47 PM »
Got tickets for the Rolling Stone show in Denver, one of the easiest stadium purchases I've ever encountered! Only had a handful of people in front of me in the queue and was able to select great seats immediately.  Not cheap, but no surprise there...Still more affordable than the LA show at Sofi..

Will be my 7th Stones show and my dad's 12th!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2023, 11:40:52 AM »
So many more shows announced just today....

Battle Beast, Gwar, Limp Bizkit all added to my calendar, but my calendar is looking ridiculous for next year already.  Will have to make choices eventually on who to see.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2023, 01:47:11 PM »
I'm looking at the openers for that Limp Bizkit tour.  Corey Feldman is an opener?  I watched Justin Hawkins a few weeks back looking at a few clips of Corey Feldman in concert and it's.... something.  I don't know if he's going to make it to the whole tour if this is what we are going to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_D3d9Ou7M

SoCal show is in San Bernardino..... though.  I'm already thinking of making the one long drive to San Bernardino to see Creed.  I don't think I can do another one for Limp Bizkit.  If they were in Irvine though...., that would have been a better shot for me to go.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2023, 02:03:03 PM »
The openers are unfamiliar to me, and there's a lot.  Show is local to me, so it's an easy one to check out.

I'm currently not planning on buying the lawn pass for my local amphitheater (if they even do it this year, I haven't seen it advertised) even though so far this summer's line up is looking better than last summer.  I just think, I can probably score the $20/25 lawn tickets for the summer sale for shows that I'm cool with being on the lawn and then pony up a bit for the shows I want to be closer to.  The lawn experience is only fun when I'm with people, but I go to a lot of shows alone, I'd rather get myself a good seat for those shows. They also hardly had any upgrade sales last summer to get a seat from the lawn, which used to be more common.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2023, 02:53:16 PM »
Just got my wife's last Christmas present - Sarah McLachlan tix for her Fumbling Towards Ecstacy 30th Anniversary Tour.   :tup

- April 8th - Joe Satriani and Steve Vai - Count Basie Theater, NJ
 - June 24th - Sarah McLachlan - Radio City Music Hall, NYC
 - July 25th - Billy Joel - Final MSG Residency show, NYC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2023, 08:35:50 AM »
Got two shows on the books:

- January 21 - Tool - Charlotte, NC
- April 13 - Brit Floyd - Columbia, SC

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2023, 01:12:56 AM »
So I got an email a few days back stating that the Tremonti Sings Sinatra show in Beverly Hills is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances out of control....  This sucks.  A. The show is cancelled so that's a bummer not being able to see Mark Tremonti just sing in a fancy setting, and not play guitar.   B. I still need a show to go to in January keep the concert a month, going back to August 2021, alive and I'm not seeing good options out there. 

I mean like there's Metal Allegiance playing at the House of Blues and..... Trapt...... playing at the smaller room at the House of Blues.  Nothing that screams, "I'm pumped to want to be here." John 5 is playing in Santa Ana in late January.  That could be a maybe.  How's Bryan Adams shows nowadays?  He's playing in Anaheim at some point in late January.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2023, 08:08:40 AM »
So I got an email a few days back stating that the Tremonti Sings Sinatra show in Beverly Hills is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances out of control....  This sucks.  A. The show is cancelled so that's a bummer not being able to see Mark Tremonti just sing in a fancy setting, and not play guitar.   B. I still need a show to go to in January keep the concert a month, going back to August 2021, alive and I'm not seeing good options out there. 

I mean like there's Metal Allegiance playing at the House of Blues and..... Trapt...... playing at the smaller room at the House of Blues.  Nothing that screams, "I'm pumped to want to be here." John 5 is playing in Santa Ana in late January.  That could be a maybe.  How's Bryan Adams shows nowadays?  He's playing in Anaheim at some point in late January.

Did Tremonti cancel all those shows? He's doing the Sinatra thing locally, it's on my radar as something to check out but I'm not fully vested so I haven't been following.

I'd check out Metal Allegiance, not just because of MP, but they usually have lots of guests to make the show interesting.  I don't really know their music though.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2023, 09:15:24 AM »
I don't think Tremonti cancel all of the shows in January.  He's still plugging the shows in New Jersey in January.

https://twitter.com/MarkTTremonti/status/1736828074543464591

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2023, 09:30:50 AM »
I don't think Tremonti cancel all of the shows in January.  He's still plugging the shows in New Jersey in January.

Cool, thanks, Im not sure I'll go, but the Red Bank show is local so I might pop in.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2023, 10:01:04 AM »
Lately, for some reason, I've been on a Sum 41 kick and stumbled upon listening of a Spotify radio playlist of theirs.  It's actually better stuff than I thought.  They do have two shows in January.  Both costs over 3 digits.  One show in a really small venue in San Diego and an festival appearance in Anaheim at a IHeartRadio event called Alter Ego.  I mean this radio festival lineup is pretty stacked.  Paramore, The 1975, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Black Keys, Bush, Sum 41, etc.  Of course, naturally, tickets are hella expensive and I doubt it will dip to below 3 digits in price by show day, but that's something to keep an eye on.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2023, 10:29:24 AM »
Lately, for some reason, I've been on a Sum 41 kick and stumbled upon listening of a Spotify radio playlist of theirs.  It's actually better stuff than I thought.  They do have two shows in January.  Both costs over 3 digits.  One show in a really small venue in San Diego and an festival appearance in Anaheim at a IHeartRadio event called Alter Ego.  I mean this radio festival lineup is pretty stacked.  Paramore, The 1975, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Black Keys, Bush, Sum 41, etc.  Of course, naturally, tickets are hella expensive and I doubt it will dip to below 3 digits in price by show day, but that's something to keep an eye on.

Take into consideration that Sum 41 recently stated this is the end for them.  Might be your last chance, who really knows, but if you like them a lot and want to check them out, your options are likely limited

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2023, 01:26:58 PM »
Little Merry Xmas to me moment, got tix for Ov Sulfur and Caligula's. May drop the Haken show since it's reserved seating. Really don't want to drive to LA for a reserved show, if I'm putting in that effort I want to be on the rail.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2024, 08:02:26 AM »
Absolutely buzzing for my first gig of the year on Friday.

Gnome are a 3-piece instrumental stoner rock band from Antwerp, and they are supported by Desert Storm, a stoner metal band from the UK. Tickets were a steal at £15, and a group of us are going to celebrate a buddies birthday. Definitely gonna let my (beard) hair down with this one, get well lubricated and bang my fucking head!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2024, 08:10:56 AM »
So far I have 2 shows lined up in March. Seeing Swans again (second time overall) and I'm really hyped for that. They're in my top5 favorite bands and the first live show was one of those transcendental experiences, truly something special and more than just a normal live concert. Also seeing the french band Slift for the first time. I quite enjoyed their previous album and they have a new one out early 2024. They're a french psych/stoner/space band with some groovy riffs. Going with my dad to both of these, I'm the bigger Swans guy than him and he's the bigger Slift guy than me but it's cool to have someone to attend shows with who enjoys music just as much as you. :)

Hoping more shows will popup throughout the year, but so far the calendar is looking pretty barebones. But I'm sure through January and February there will be shows announced for April/May etc, further down the line. There's a festival in August that I have attended a couple of times and I would say the likelihood of me attending in some shape or form is fairly high. I didn't jump on the 3 day ticket this year as I did last year, overall the announced bands have been a bit mixed for me. I will probably go, but maybe 1 day or 2 depending on what else is announced. The biggest for me so far is Queens of the Stone Age, a band I like a lot. However I have seen them twice before, so them alone isn't pushing me to get a 3 day festival ticket for 200 dollars or whatever. Next after them is The Smile - a band I like and wouldn't mind seeing live, however I haven't even seen Radiohead live so this being a side project means its not really a "must see" either. Then there's others like Pulp and PJ Harvey that I'm only casually familiar with and wouldn't mind seeing (plenty of time to listen to both and get into them more) but yeah festival tickets are expensive and I need a few more things to get me hyped. But it can change fast, if they book the right band or artist I might buy a ticket in a heartbeat.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2024, 08:25:11 AM »

Cool, thanks, Im not sure I'll go, but the Red Bank show is local so I might pop in.

Mentioned the idea of going to this with my gf this weekend and she was very into the idea of going and since the snow doesn't look like it'll be an issue on Saturday, I think I've got my first concert of the year lined up.  There's $30 tickets in the back still unsold so I'll grab those at the box office Saturday for some cheap seats.  Do dinner in Red Bank as well, basically a date night with my gf lined up.

January 6th - Mark Tremonti Sings Sinatra @ Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ