Author Topic: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)  (Read 125277 times)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Re: The Ask black_floyd Thread (page 42)
« Reply #1470 on: January 25, 2013, 04:32:20 AM »
Also, if we need to keep this going, I can run for another week afterwards. This is just really fun.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1471 on: January 25, 2013, 06:14:14 AM »
You want me to go for a week from now or until Sunday, February 3 so that it'll realign with the Monday-Sunday format we previously had?

It's a Friday morning.  I don't have the mental capacity to process anything beyond 1+1 or a cup of coffee.  Do what thou wilt.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1472 on: January 25, 2013, 06:16:25 AM »
I'll make the night of the Super Bowl, February 3rd, the end of it then. Also, I'm about to head to work in a bit but will answer everything when I get home. Thanks for the interest, y'all! :heart :heart :heart
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1473 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:25 AM »
Also, if we need to keep this going, I can run for another week afterwards. This is just really fun.
I could be the one to answer at some point in February when I'm not too busy, perhaps week 8. The idea of seeing the thread title "ask question mark" is enough to make me wanna do it! :lol
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:39:48 AM by ? »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1474 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:56 AM »

I'd love to do another week if there aren't any other people in line who haven't had a turn.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1475 on: January 25, 2013, 07:10:42 AM »

I'd love to do another week if there aren't any other people in line who haven't had a turn.
Same.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1476 on: January 25, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »

Same.
If there isn't anyone new who want's to do this, sign me up.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #1477 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09:06 AM »

Same.
I could go as well.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1478 on: January 25, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »

Same.
I could go as well.
5 in a row.  :rollin

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1479 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »
Who's the most awesome member of DTF that you've met in person? :neverusethis:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1480 on: January 25, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »

SHNANIGANS!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1481 on: January 25, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
I'm interested in another week myself, but I'd be willing to let peeps who haven't had a turn yet go first.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1482 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:24 PM »
I would be willing to bestow more of my hard earned wisdom upon the masses also.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1483 on: January 25, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »
I would be willing to bestow more of my hard earned wisdom erections upon the masses also.

Fix'd for what you really want to do.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:45 PM »
Chad, RJ's taking the blue pill?! :lol

Also I'd go for a second round as well.  Not with the man that uses the blue pill.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1485 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
Also I'd go for a second round as well.  Not with the man that uses the blue pill.

Red and pink are also options  ;)

I won't do another week though, you know I'm a forumer and have a comic dog as my avatar  :hat
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1486 on: January 25, 2013, 05:56:10 PM »
I just realized...I'm the DTF slut.  I've met so many members in 7 different states and at both oceans.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:47 PM »
Your new custom title? Damn right. Dr. DTVT, the DTF slut.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
« Reply #1488 on: January 25, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »
Actual questions:

What is your favorite Dream Theater album?

What is your favorite album by anyone?
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1489 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:02 PM »
Your new custom title? Damn right. Dr. DTVT, the DTF slut.

:metal

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #1490 on: January 26, 2013, 12:56:03 AM »
Tell us your life story in less than ten sentences.

(1) I was raised in a small midwestern town by a charming and eccentric loving father. (2) I was praised as the perfect teenage girl and everyone thought highly of me. (3) And I tried everyday with endless drive to make the grade. (4) Then one day I woke up to find I had lost my mind. (5) Now I sleep the days away, once barely taking a break. (6) I helplessly stand by, it's meaningless to try, and all I want to do is cry. (7) No one ever knew I was so sad cuz even though I get so high and think that I can fly, I will fall out of the sky. (8) But in the face of misery, I found hopefulness feeling better I had weathered this depression. (9) Much to my advantage, I resumed my frantic pace. (10) Boundless power, midnight hour, I enjoyed the race.
Time for the next question: would sentence #11 have been "WHAAAIM ALIVE AGAIN!"?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1491 on: January 26, 2013, 03:57:29 AM »
Boy BF will be typing all day answering all these questions. :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1492 on: January 27, 2013, 02:10:40 PM »
In 2 weeks a massive asteroid will hit the planet earth and obliterate all human life.

What do you do?

Nail anything I can, smoke weed, eat everything, play live shows #YOLON***A!

List me your top beers and your food pairings!

I'm not taking the easy way out on this one. Just a case of my former statements still reflecting my current opinion to a tee :tup

I've almost completely eliminated pairing beer and food though. I tried it for years but eventually decided I enjoy a good meal best when I wash it down with coke or juice since the sweet/savory back-and-forth tastes much better to me than beer and food. Also, I like beer much better when I taste all of it which doesn't quite happen for me if its flavor is fighting for space on my palate against a rich food dish.

That said, back when I did do the beer/food thing, my favorite was pan searing thick shark steaks by first marinating them in McCormick's lemon pepper Flavor Medleys marinade for 20-30 minutes and then pan searing them in a pan on high heat for ten minutes, flipping every two minutes, and finishing it by placing them into an inch deep oven-safe metal pan with all of the marinade that was left in the bowl it was previously marinating in, covering that pan with foil, venting that foil with several pokings of a fork, and then letting it steam in a preheated oven at broil temperature for ~20 minutes. Very juicy and dee-lish.

I'd pair it with 9% abv Chimay Grande Reserve:

You ever work at Wal-Mart?

no

Can't you do any better than that?  A man with your rapier wit can surely produce a better retort, can't he?

Actually, I thought you were just ribbing me so I thought to myself "Don't take the bait." On the plus side (as far as entertaining story telling goes anyway), I vaguely remember firing some kind of firearm by accident in a Wal Mart when I was like 3 or 4. I saw it just sitting on a bottom shelf and pulled the trigger. Maybe it was a blank but the noise was way loud. My mom shat an anvil and we fled instantly.

So, floydie my mang...

How is it that, being a younger fella, you're so hip to the stuff peeps in their 40s (such as myself) are?

Also, when are you gonna post pics of your Alfredo sauce experiments? :laugh:

1. I had literally zero friends until I was past 10 years old so a lot of my pop culture exposure involved hanging out with grownups. Also, I used to go to the same neighborhood watering hole a hell of a lot for a few years and there was the "young" group (20-30ish) and the "old" group (40 and up), and not much in between. Despite the age gap we all loved one another very much, looked out for each other, and would even make sure that who ever was broke never ran out of beer. We influenced one another quite a bit over time.

2. I can't post pics til I turn my phone back on so, unfortunately, that may take a lil while but hopefully not.

You never wear makeup, but no one would care if you did anyway?

I don't recall yesterday. Faces seem twisted and strange, but I always wake up only to find I'd been miles away.

You are at my restaurant applying for a chef job, and part of the application process is to cook a four course meal for me. What do you make?

Course 1 (appetizer):

Bruschetta

Thin sliced sourdough from a boule loaf (the kind that look like a giant Mento with a more rounded top for the culinarily unaware) that is lightly brushed with olive oil and grilled until slihtly crisp. I top it with medallions of fresh milk mozzarella, prosciutto, and finely chopped sundried tomatoes. It's lightly garnished with a chiffonade of basil and shaved parmesan flakes.

Course 2 (salad):

Tuna Tataki Salad

Mixed field greens are tossed with a citrus ponzu sauce and topped with slivers of avocado, crispy wonton noodles, crumbles of goat cheese, and finally, rare seared tuna that is sliced as thinly as possible.

Course 3 (entree):

Capellini ala Rosa [tentative title]

A fresh red sauce for traditional style spaghetti but served over freshly made focaccia-style capellini (angel hair pasta.) The sauce is made from oven roasted tomatoes which have been seasoned with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Further, it includes oven roasted garlic and a mixture that is started by caramelizing slivered yellow onions until brown and sweet which then had slivered red/orange/yellow/green bell peppers stewed with it until they became as soft as the onions. Lastly, grilled diced portobello mushroom caps are added. It also includes meatballs which are made from meatloaf mix (beef/pork/veal), Italian bread crumbs, freshly grated parmesan, grated carrots, finely chopped celery, minced garlic, egg yolk, finely chopped rosemary, and a splash of red zinfandel.

Course 4 (dessert):

This

What's the blackest thing that you've ever floyded?
What's the floydiest thing you ever blackwatered?
What is blackwatering anyway?
Do you like soup?

1. This

2. This

3. That

4. Yes. Some of my faves are: lobster bisque, black bean, and fajita chicken.

How much chicken do you eat annually?

Do you like snow?

Why do you live where you live?

1. Not much this year. I think it's generally boring unless I cook it or get it from Popeye's since it almost always either suffers from being cut thick enough to be bland in the middle or dry in some places. The closest Popeye's to where I currently live is 30 minutes away and it takes me 45 minutes to trim a whole pack of "boneless skinless" chicken breasts to my liking so I don't cook it that often. If I had a Popeye's nearby, I'd probably eat there like twice a week so let's say 50-60 lbs. in a typical year.

2. I could count on one hand the amount of times it has snowed in New Orleans and I've only had it 3 1/2 times up here in North Carolina so it's still this amazing new thing that makes me experience suspended childhood glee.

3. I had trouble keeping up with my car note and other expenses once the economy went to shit and waiting tables no longer was bringing in the money it once did for me. I'm living with my folks for a while in North Carolina (we're all lifelong New Orleanians, they just moved here a year after Hurricane Katrina) until I save up enough to have a decent fallback to last me through the end of my college years (still have 3 to go.)

As a as a boy were you considered somewhat odd?

Kept to myself most of the time.

You of course :lol Regardless of the lack of competition, I had a blast and your taste in music was superb. If nothing else, it was funny when I got those old dudes to think I was callin' 'em out for batting for the other team when I told 'em I won't put out for less than 3 beers.

Actual questions:

What is your favorite Dream Theater album?

What is your favorite album by anyone?

1. When Dream and Day Unite, by default. There may be other albums where I like individual tracks more but they all have tracks that are skipworthy. I can easily listen to WDaDU any time and never even think about skipping anything.

2. Without a doubt, and for 11 years running:

Spiral Architect's only album, A Sceptic's Universe. It almost makes DT seem like straightforward rock/metal by comparison due to its sheer complexity yet it's executed in a way that has unbelievable cohesion and flow. Bottom line, it's a landmark album that may remain my favorite album for another 20 years and for good reason.

Tell us your life story in less than ten sentences.

(1) I was raised in a small midwestern town by a charming and eccentric loving father. (2) I was praised as the perfect teenage girl and everyone thought highly of me. (3) And I tried everyday with endless drive to make the grade. (4) Then one day I woke up to find I had lost my mind. (5) Now I sleep the days away, once barely taking a break. (6) I helplessly stand by, it's meaningless to try, and all I want to do is cry. (7) No one ever knew I was so sad cuz even though I get so high and think that I can fly, I will fall out of the sky. (8) But in the face of misery, I found hopefulness feeling better I had weathered this depression. (9) Much to my advantage, I resumed my frantic pace. (10) Boundless power, midnight hour, I enjoyed the race.
Time for the next question: would sentence #11 have been "WHAAAIM ALIVE AGAIN!"?

No sir, It woulda been:

"Napalm showers showed the cowards we weren't there to mess around."
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1493 on: January 27, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »
I have a question.

Why do you have my beloved Ravens as your avatar picture?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1494 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »
I have a question.

Why Ravens?

Because I hate the 49ers more than any other team in any other sport at any level at any point in time...ever. I'd literally eat a turd just to guarantee a scenario involving the Saints beating them in the NFC championship game 3 consecutive years followed by them never making the playoffs again.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1495 on: January 27, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
I have a question.

Why Ravens?

Because I hate the 49ers more than any other team in any other sport at any level at any point in time...ever. I'd literally eat a turd just to guarantee a scenario involving the Saints beating them in the NFC championship game 3 consecutive years followed by them never making the playoffs again.

I get that, but I wasn't one of these clown Raven fans that switched their mess to Packers pictures because they were playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl. But that's just me.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1496 on: January 27, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: January 27, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
And posers gonna pose  :tup

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1498 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
Oh my... I don't know whether to feel honoured or scared to have been "blackwatered". :biggrin:

Edit:  Which shall it be, o blackest of floyds?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:52:54 PM by DebraKadabra »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1499 on: January 27, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »
I'm confused. For me, it links to my profile. I'm assuming it just links whoever clicks it to their own profile?

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1500 on: January 28, 2013, 02:37:45 AM »
I'm confused. For me, it links to my profile. I'm assuming it just links whoever clicks it to their own profile?
Yep, it links to the profile of whomever is clicking it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1501 on: January 28, 2013, 02:56:45 AM »
Yep, it links to the profile of whomever is clicking it.

I didn't notice that at first, but now that you mention it...

Offline Octavaripolis

• DTF's Teenage Weakling
« Reply #1502 on: January 28, 2013, 03:37:57 AM »
Okay, mr Floyd.

What is more important when eating tacos, SALSA, OR GUACAMOLE?

Would you rather eat pizza without cheese the rest of your life, or eat pizza with cheese and mayo (no tomato sauce)?

Beer or Wine?

Whisky or Rum?

Coffee or Tea?

Dream Theater or Rush?

Yes or Genesis?

Metallica or Slayer?

And also, do you have a guilty pleasure-artist/band?
Don't mess with Take The Time.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1503 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:16 AM »
Okay, mr Floyd.

What is more important when eating tacos, SALSA, OR GUACAMOLE?

Would you rather eat pizza without cheese the rest of your life, or eat pizza with cheese and mayo (no tomato sauce)?

Beer or Wine?

Whisky or Rum?

Coffee or Tea?

Dream Theater or Rush?

Yes or Genesis?

Metallica or Slayer?

And also, do you have a guilty pleasure-artist/band?

1. Guacamole

2. Without cheese. Mayo in any hot application seems absolutely disgusting to me.

3. Beer

4. Whiskey

5. Coffee

6. Dream Theater

7. Yes

8. Metallica

9. No. I listen to bands that others may consider guilty pleasures like Ace of Base, various 80s pop artists, etc. but I have zero shame in it and give a big middle finger to anyone who judges me for such.

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #1504 on: January 28, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »
My mom shat an anvil

No wonder you're so Metal, runs in the fam  :metal

So, with your sense of humor and personality, along with rockin' a younger Viggo Mortensen kind of look, have you ever thought about doing something that might lead to fame.. Acting, stand-up, super-hero (with DTVT as your sidekick)..... something like that?